criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Stop People From Quitting

I think I speak for most of us when I say that something has to be done about people quitting out of matches. Personally I think three adjustments need to be made to the scoring/reward system.

1. Objective Bonus - Make the objective count for more than just Battle Points. Give a sizable XP multiplier at the end of a round for each class based on objective score with that class. Help us rank up our special classes and for the love of God, help us rank up heroes in Galactic Assault and encourage heroes to play the objective!

2. Increase End of Round Victory Credit Bonus - 100 credits? Come on. You can do better than that. 500 credits at least! Honestly I’d do a 1,000 credit bonus but that’s just me. Make that victory count for something! Make the grind worthwhile!

3. Hero Mode End of Round Bonus - Give a hero player a 1,000 XP bonus for sticking around, and divide it evenly between all heroes played. So playing one hero in HvV will be rewarded with a huge bonus, and Hero Showdown will give more than the paltry XP it does now. If a player is at max rank, the XP is still divided evenly but you would forfeit the share on your max rank heroes.

Replies

• I think I speak for most of us when I say that something has to be done about people quitting out of matches. Personally I think three adjustments need to be made to the scoring/reward system.

1. Objective Bonus - Make the objective count for more than just Battle Points. Give a sizable XP multiplier at the end of a round for each class based on objective score with that class. Help us rank up our special classes and for the love of God, help us rank up heroes in Galactic Assault and encourage heroes to play the objective!

2. Increase End of Round Victory Credit Bonus - 100 credits? Come on. You can do better than that. 500 credits at least! Honestly I’d do a 1,000 credit bonus but that’s just me. Make that victory count for something! Make the grind worthwhile!

3. Hero Mode End of Round Bonus - Give a hero player a 1,000 XP bonus for sticking around, and divide it evenly between all heroes played. So playing one hero in HvV will be rewarded with a huge bonus, and Hero Showdown will give more than the paltry XP it does now. If a player is at max rank, the XP is still divided evenly but you would forfeit the share on your max rank heroes.

Each completed objective yields 500 credits, each assist 100
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • P.S. Make the servers AGGRESSIVELY boot inactive players. If there are no control inputs for 60 seconds, gone. End of story. Put a spawn timer in the game as well.

90 seconds
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • ad1997_1
    415 posts Member
    I definitely wouldn't mind a bigger credit bonus for the winning team. I think even 500 would be a bit too much, I'd say 300 extra credits for the winning team would be perfect.
  • KotasMilitia
    414 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I like the objective bonus idea. I would also suggest that an additional boost of xp or bp be awarded for contesting an area. Many times I've been the only one contesting an area (as defenders or attackers), and even though I'm hiding I feel like I'm doing just as much, if not more, than someone who runs in guns blazing and kills one or two players.

Many times this can be the difference between victory and defeat, especially if it's being contested in overtime. I think it should be rewarded that way.

• Yeah I think the game is still more heavily weighted toward kills. Significant time in proximity to the objective does grant a large BP bonus, but it should mean something toward progression if you want people to really focus on the objective.
  • Ravogd
    162 posts Member
    This game and it’s players are just too kill obsessed. Never going to change now. That’s FPS games for you. I can’t shoot to save my life but get so annoyed being the only one playing the objective in some games. Kill multipliers and kill streaks mean good shooting can rack up BPs in minutes whereas I get so annoyed at the amount of times I have pummelled an objective in SA and get about 80 points only for someone to swoop in with the final shot and grab 500 points. The final-hit-get-all-the-points thing is stupid and annoying. Proper reward for playing the objective properly. The more you hit it (And avoid dying) the more the score multiplies. Exactly like kill streaks. That’s what I’d do.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Luckily I think they've upped the credit gain for playing the objective, so if you're constantly playing the objective you can get over 1,000 credits even without a level up. I'd guess the best way to do this is always going for the disruptors as a Heavy with the Ion Torpedo - you can get over 1,000 points for one use of the ability on an MTT or ATAT. But better score gain for PTOing would also be nice - only if you're attacking/contesting the objective though, I don't like he idea of people getting a load of score for being alive when an objective they haven't contributed to at all is completed.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    ytvb7t1.gif
    Bonus credits & exp gains just aren't worth sitting through a match, for a player acting irrationally out of frustration. (Or for those who have to leave for some other reason, such as the game being unplayable, or real life calling.)

These days, I feel like a punishment would be better to deal with quitters rather than higher rewards for staying, with the above statement in mind. Impose the inability connect to games for a limited amount of time after quitting a match early. (If a person had to stop playing for real life purposes, they will not be effected by a time limit imposed, since they're going offline anyways. If a person quit out of a match due to a bug, perfect time to restart your game, which can be lengthy in itself, so the full brunt of a time based punishment wouldn't impede them too drastically.)
    Quit penalty could be 3-5mins. Enough time to cool a person's mind, and be more considerate about ditching their team the next time. (Or refresh their router and check options for strengthening a bad connection, etc.)
    Wknuto!
  • I'm gonna be honest I usually quit most of my matches but its only because I get teammates who often cannot tell their right from their left. If my teammates in HvV wanna rush the enemy target alone and do a 4v1, thats fine with me, he can do it himself. If my teammates don't wanna defend me when I have the ion rifle, fine with me, I'll leave. The issue for me is not the fact I'm losing but the fact I get teammates so bad that it makes people want yell. By all means I'll stay in a losing match if my team is trying to win but I hardly ever get that.
  • Spiito wrote: »
    ytvb7t1.gif
    Bonus credits & exp gains just aren't worth sitting through a match, for a player acting irrationally out of frustration. (Or for those who have to leave for some other reason, such as the game being unplayable, or real life calling.)

These days, I feel like a punishment would be better to deal with quitters rather than higher rewards for staying, with the above statement in mind. Impose the inability connect to games for a limited amount of time after quitting a match early. (If a person had to stop playing for real life purposes, they will not be effected by a time limit imposed, since they're going offline anyways. If a person quit out of a match due to a bug, perfect time to restart your game, which can be lengthy in itself, so the full brunt of a time based punishment wouldn't impede them too drastically.)
    Quit penalty could be 3-5mins. Enough time to cool a person's mind, and be more considerate about ditching their team the next time. (Or refresh their router and check options for strengthening a bad connection, etc.)
    We need to stop real life from interfering. Seriously, though, we need to get teams in which players actually help their teams. Maybe even having a shot fired at an ATAT or such counted as 3 kills for doing it.
    I'm gonna be honest I usually quit most of my matches but its only because I get teammates who often cannot tell their right from their left. If my teammates in HvV wanna rush the enemy target alone and do a 4v1, thats fine with me, he can do it himself. If my teammates don't wanna defend me when I have the ion rifle, fine with me, I'll leave. The issue for me is not the fact I'm losing but the fact I get teammates so bad that it makes people want yell. By all means I'll stay in a losing match if my team is trying to win but I hardly ever get that.

I will actually push all the harder for them, even acting as a meat shield with a hero so they can complete an objective.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    Clone Wars with more new blasters and star cards and I will continue to play.
  • I agree, something needs to be done, but DICE won't do anything like that because this game is geared towards Star Wars fans not gamers.

This game needs mandatory tutorials for each mode, even if it's just a video.
  • tankertoad
    6367 posts Member
    I just don't think you can stop people from quitting. OverWatch has tons of bonuses for finishing the match and continual match and people still quit
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • tankertoad
    6367 posts Member
    And by the way, Indiana, this is a good post.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    We need to stop real life from interfering. Seriously, though, we need to get teams in which players actually help their teams. Maybe even having a shot fired at an ATAT or such counted as 3 kills for doing it.
    :grin: Oh but we do...
    0JulYnD.gif
    Wknuto!
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    I just don't think you can stop people from quitting. OverWatch has tons of bonuses for finishing the match and continual match and people still quit

In BF2015 didn't you get 100 bonus credits for each continued match, until 1000?
    Luke main
  • We don’t need post-quit penalties. You won’t stop people from quitting with punishment. But if there’s a significant reward people will have to choose if they want the bonus or just whatever xp they’ve earned that round. Punishment in video games is dumb.
  • Ravogd
    162 posts Member
    Quit penalties won’t stop people quitting. They’ll just afk until the end of the match to avoid them which given theyre probably quitting because they are being steamrolled, won’t be long anyway.
  • tankertoad wrote: »

Overwatch has quitting penalties. If you reach a certain number of quits out of your last 20 matches you get a - 75% xp reduction for 4,8,12+ matches.

In Paladins, if you quit out of a match and try to get into another, it will keep placing you in that same match until its over. If you quit in the pre-game lobby you get locked out for 5 minutes.

BF2 needs something, because it is so easy for people to quit a match and go into a other lobby. Yeah, it stinks to be in a bad team, people just need to deal with it.
  • Jbstiner
    2708 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    tankertoad wrote: »

Overwatch has quitting penalties. If you reach a certain number of quits out of your last 20 matches you get a - 75% xp reduction for 4,8,12+ matches.

In Paladins, if you quit out of a match and try to get into another, it will keep placing you in that same match until its over. If you quit in the pre-game lobby you get locked out for 5 minutes.

BF2 needs something, because it is so easy for people to quit a match and go into a other lobby. Yeah, it stinks to be in a bad team, people just need to deal with it.
    They have to do something about matchmaking before they can institute any type of quit penalty, IMO. I don’t mind losing, but will quit a steamroll in an instant.
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Lonnisity
    1960 posts Member
    Jbstiner wrote: »

They have to do something about matchmaking before they can institute any type of quit penalty, IMO. I don’t mind losing, but will quit a steamroll in an instant.

The problem is that it’s such a vicious cycle.

Steamroll -> People quitting -> Matchmaking tries to compensate (badly) -> Continued steamroll -> people continue quitting -> Matchmaking still can’t compensate -> ad infinitum
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • LeftTurnus
    1099 posts Member
    As unbalanced as MM is in this game, you simply cannot punish people for quitting. The game needs to fix all the issues that entice people to quit before even considering any kind of punishment.
    It is annoying if people do it mismatch, but there are times it is completely understandable.

Plus the game HAS to determine if a player quit or was disconnected from some server/network issues.
    I do not quit mid match, but have been disconnected by the game server on several occasions. That was beyond my control.
    More than likely punishing people will probably lead to an even smaller playerbase ...
  • OcDoc
    1987 posts Member
    I think I speak for most of us when I say that something has to be done about people quitting out of matches. Personally I think three adjustments need to be made to the scoring/reward system.

The only thing I don’t really understand is the victory credit. Won’t this promote anyone on a losing team leaving to try and link up with a better team?

I like the hero credit idea the most. The first idea is ok but I already feel the credit payout is mostly fair.

Other than a quit penalty, I don’t see a lot of simple options.

These are two more complex solutions that more directly address the issue...

1- offer an early round loss compensation. If you lose, you don’t lose out on credits in your first 3 rounds of play. Don’t make it high enough to encourage losing, just make it high enough to counter the incentive to quit. After 3 rounds, the credits go back to winner gets more.

2- create a handicap system where bad teams get credit bonuses based on the average quantified skill level for each team. It would have to be on a sliding scale, but could offset some of the anxiety over being placed on a crap team. Again it can’t be so much that it disincentivises winning.

The idea is that you have to keep players in the game long enough to allow the teams to balance. One or two players can make a difference but it doesn’t seem to happen when the whole team quits.

Just an idea. Not pushing this. Cool with it if you criticize.

• I think I speak for most of us when I say that something has to be done about people quitting out of matches. Personally I think three adjustments need to be made to the scoring/reward system.

People need to stop rage quoting especially in HVV. I think they should be a early quit penalty like your ban from playing the game for 2 hours to encourage people to stay in the game.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    I throw my full support behind this.
    Psn: Jello770
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    Jbstiner wrote: »

The problem is that it’s such a vicious cycle.

Steamroll -> People quitting -> Matchmaking tries to compensate (badly) -> Continued steamroll -> people continue quitting -> Matchmaking still can’t compensate -> ad infinitum

Yes, matchmaking can be bad but wouldn't be as bad if:

1) reduced the max party size to 4. This would prevent stacks of 8-20 players stomping in GA and complete stacks in Strike and Extraction.

2) better playerbase that actually PTO. I hate to say it but most of the matches where my team gets rolled is from bad players who are not anywhere the objective, not necessarily losing to poor matchmaking.

• OcDoc wrote: »
    The only thing I don’t really understand is the victory credit. Won’t this promote anyone on a losing team leaving to try and link up with a better team?

I like the hero credit idea the most. The first idea is ok but I already feel the credit payout is mostly fair.

Other than a quit penalty, I don’t see a lot of simple options.

These are two more complex solutions that more directly address the issue...

1- offer an early round loss compensation. If you lose, you don’t lose out on credits in your first 3 rounds of play. Don’t make it high enough to encourage losing, just make it high enough to counter the incentive to quit. After 3 rounds, the credits go back to winner gets more.

2- create a handicap system where bad teams get credit bonuses based on the average quantified skill level for each team. It would have to be on a sliding scale, but could offset some of the anxiety over being placed on a **** team. Again it can’t be so much that it disincentivises winning.

The idea is that you have to keep players in the game long enough to allow the teams to balance. One or two players can make a difference but it doesn’t seem to happen when the whole team quits.

Just an idea. Not pushing this. Cool with it if you criticize.

Those certainly are very complex. Someone in theory could try to quit out and hope they get on a better team, but that's just a hope. I don't really care too much if I get steamrolled IF I can get a hefty bonus for playing the objective. PLUS I think that if there IS a heftier bonus then more people will play the objective, thereby reducing the amount of steamrolls.