criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Marketing Idea: Make it free!

MCA26
177 posts Member
Online multiplayers need players to make them enjoyable (duh). One thing EA should consider is making BF free.
Something like

Multiplayer - Free
Gold Edition - $50 (same as we have now)
Solo Campaign Game - $10
Arcade - $10
Skins - $5ea

Only Gold Edition can earn credits.

So you limit what a Free player can earn, but they can still play. Will help keep the servers full and keep games more interesting.
Would people object? It would make it similar to Fortnite really.

Replies

• MCA26 wrote: »
    Online multiplayers need players to make them enjoyable (duh). One thing EA should consider is making BF free.
    Something like

Multiplayer - Free
    Gold Edition - $50 (same as we have now)
    Solo Campaign Game - $10
    Arcade - $10
    Skins - $5ea

Only Gold Edition can earn credits.

So you limit what a Free player can earn, but they can still play. Will help keep the servers full and keep games more interesting.
    Would people object? It would make it similar to Fortnite really.

Except fortnite probably cost a fraction of what this cost to design, develop and release

Yeah. If you think the graphics between the two are even comparable, you may need your eyes checked lol.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • bfloo wrote: »
    The explosion on the forums if they made this game free would be epic.

And then the mods are forced to ban nigh everyone lol.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Warrior
    298 posts Member
    It would be nice if this could work, but I did spend a lot on this game. I would want the people that did buy the game to get a huge amount of exclusive skins at least.
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • bfloo wrote: »

That alone puts me on board with this idea.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • bfloo
    15933 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

That alone puts me on board with this idea.

I'm not sure I could afford enough popcorn....
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• ...These things make sense at some point in the life cycle
  • Whatever is best for the game, do it.
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    It's to late to turn it into a free to play. What disgust me most about dice is there selling model for skins is based on a free to play game. Dice have no money ? I doubt it very much.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Maybe they could do that like they did with PSPlus at some point near the end of the games life, when all post launch content has been out for months, and it's nearing the end of its life with a new game coming out soon. Now? Are you freaking kidding me, that's probably the worst thing they could do. Ok, they'd get a lot of new players, but there's been a recent influx of new players (at least, there has been on PS4). The only way I can imagine this working is as a sort of trial, where you get 10 hours or so of access to limited modes, maybe you can't earn credits or spend battle points or something. At this point in the games life, that is literally the only way this would be a reasonable business strategy.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF