criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Appearing Offline

Midichlorian
1409 posts Member
edited June 2018
I only activate "Appear Offline" when playing single-player games. I can appear online, and decline requests to play other games, or I can appear offline and avoid awkward rejections all-together.You guys?
"Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
Instagram
Twitter
DeviantArt
YouTube
346z5t0ufg6v.gif

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Same. Sometimes I forgot it’s on though, and get tons of spam invites :D
    Psn: Jello770
  • I only have like... one person on my friend list on PSN that I think would ever send me a game invite (all my friends are anti-social like that :P ) so whether Im offline/online doesn't really make a difference.

Usually when I play Battlefront II, Im offline... because Im pretty sure the people on my friend list (RPG fans, mostly), would be ashamed of me :P
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • I play as offline...

If I wake up early and want to play a few matches before I leave for work. Otherwise, I get hit with party requests, even at 530am.

Although rare, sometimes I just want to play alone. I may want to grind a challenge(s) or maybe I'm feeling a little antisocial.
  • Warrior
    298 posts Member
    I play offline a lot because I know all of my PlayStation friends. It's one thing to ignore a request, but another to know that your ignoring your friend just a block away irl. I don't get many invites though, unless I'm playing fortnite. My friends like that game wayyy too much.
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • Empire_TW
    6097 posts Member
    I'm always online, I don't have any irl friends who play BF2 so I don't get invites. I get a rare Fortnite invite sometimes though but that just seems like a game people just spam invite.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.