criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

An Update on the Matchmaking Live Test

124Next

Replies

• lok
    973 posts Member
    H4YW1R3 wrote: »
    lok wrote: »
    Shuffle teams yes,but what happens to those when squads get implemented? i mean there mite be a 10 people in a squad/voip etc that want to stay together.

To be honest, I don't really care. But that's just a personal opinion.

Squading up friends who benefit from a voip on the same sides is just a form a team stacking if it's used in a server full of pubs. If there's going to be a squad system, then I believe those "squads" should have to compromise by accepting the possibility of a long wait to find lobbies while they're matched against other "squads".

But squads mean nothing to me considered aside a game breaking matchmaker. Bring on the shuffle! Or at least a vote shuffle that requires a vote threshold.

Totally agree,but this is still a big issue that is not addressed,and i am pretty sure they are bringing in proper squads.
    I have said it alot lately,battlelog is needed to fix all this mess.
  • played in AU server (PC) about 2100 AET - no matchmaking, and GA matches were lasting 3-5 minutes.
  • Yep. Looks like it has been turned off. :)
    Now, I pray it says that way, permanently and we don't see any more un-unnounced tests. Server browsers and shuffling of teams in the samne lobby is the way to go, not this stuff you've tried. reason is the matchmaking you've tried has either: (a) Not worked; and/or (b) Just resulted in people sitting in empty lobbies after 1 round.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Ravogd
    162 posts Member
    I agree with the empty servers comments and the strange way of using a button to match make that seems to only have you exit the game the same as quitting does, however the actual games from my perspective are much better. As a poor player I was finding it hard playing almost constantly with experts who would kill me in seconds. A game of Blast for example could easily be 2 kills 15 deaths for me. However since the matchmaking I seem to be in games that have 2-3 great players per team and the rest about my level. This is apparent as most of them have blue/green /grey cards rather than full purple and as a result the games are closer and (again IMO) much more fun. My ratio moves up to about 7/7. I assume this is matchmaking and not just a glut of new players all arriving at once.
  • yes

2cmlho.jpg

• AxeWin
    45 posts Member
    Its been turned off, hopefully for good this time.

It was the worst Online Experience ever!
  • lok wrote: »
    Shuffle teams yes,but what happens to those when squads get implemented? i mean there mite be a 10 people in a squad/voip etc that want to stay together.

maybe squads should that big should not be shuffled and instead, moved to a server that is nearly empty or empty, so they can stay together. Otherwise maybe a squad limit shuffle should be put into play, say 5 people stay, 5 squad up on other side. just a suggestion.
  • Devlin21
    8323 posts Member

Check bens new thread.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!