criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Clone Wars in this game is CONTRADICTING!

Prev1
There IS a difference between the 'Trade Federation' (Episode 1) and the Separatist Alliance (Ep 2, TCW, and Ep 3)

The Separatist Alliance was a giant alliance of systems who wanted to leave the republic, and the trade federation was a small member in that alliance, don't believe me? Check wookiepedia.

The Separatist's Military is different from the Trade Federations, the Separatists have a blue & grey color scheme, while the Trade Federation has a brown color scheme.

Based off of the timzesone in this game, the AATs and MTTs should be colored like this:
4e0vb5wwgotb.jpg

e7nxjqac0gm5.jpg

DICE, Please just do a quick re-texture of these things! It's actually super important!
th1t3mn151el.gif

"Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
-Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
-Lego Yoda

Replies

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    Here is a brown MTT inside of a CIS vessel.
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

One brown MTT doesn't mean all the MTT's were brown, I don't know why dice is being so risky with canon, they should of just made it properly!
    th1t3mn151el.gif

-Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
  • The game isn't canon, and people are getting way too fixated on minor things like that in a shooter with no story.

• CIS Donut Battlecruiser and Fighter need to have the proper markings /skin already (Interceptor and Bomber are fine as they have them). MTT should stay brown, I'm 50/50 on whether or not AAT should change.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

One brown MTT doesn't mean all the MTT's were brown, I don't know why dice is being so risky with canon, they should of just made it properly!

This is from Revenge of the Sith, it being a film means it holds more weight then any other media. CIS have brown MTTs and it is 100% canonical, that bit from revenge of the sith is proof enough.

Correction: Movies hold no more weight then any other property of canon, movie info is just known to more people.
    th1t3mn151el.gif

-Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

This is from Revenge of the Sith, it being a film means it holds more weight then any other media. CIS have brown MTTs and it is 100% canonical, that bit from revenge of the sith is proof enough.

Correction: Movies hold no more weight then any other property of canon, movie info is just known to more people.

Movies > animated series.
    Not true. They're both the same level of canon.
    th1t3mn151el.gif

-Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

You can have your own personal opinion that you like the movies more then the animated shows, but that doesn't change the fact that they both hold the same relevance in the star wars canon mythos.
    th1t3mn151el.gif

-Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

You can have your own personal opinion that you like the movies more then the animated shows, but that doesn't change the fact that they both hold the same relevance in the star wars canon mythos.

I don't mind Clone Wars animated series, but the Prequel movies come first.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

Yes, but the prequel movies and the clone wars show are both relevant in the star wars canon. meaning they're both equally relevant
    th1t3mn151el.gif

-Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

I'm not really sure where the "movies are more relevant and important then the shows, books and comics", because it's not true, anything with the "canon" name is official in the star wars timeline, and one property can't be "more official" then another.
    th1t3mn151el.gif

-Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
  • Empire_TW
    6435 posts Member
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

Not true. They're both the same level of canon.

Movies do outweigh other medias, Poe not meeting Rey until TLJ held more weight then her meeting him the Force Awakens novel. And again, brown CIS MTTs are canon therefor no contradictions.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

Yes, but the prequel movies and the clone wars show are both relevant in the star wars canon. meaning they're both equally relevant

Yeah they're both canon, but the movies are bettah
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

Even if 2 things are equally relevant but have different content, one has to choose one over the other, and the movies are the thing that is taken over anything else. And when it comes to the vulture droids, remember that Naboo was the 1st map they officially released to the public, where we 1st see the droids, and they were brown then. Making 2 models with no differenc ebesides 2 colors would just be a waste of time since the current model still looks fine anyway.
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

Even if 2 things are equally relevant but have different content, one has to choose one over the other, and the movies are the thing that is taken over anything else. And when it comes to the vulture droids, remember that Naboo was the 1st map they officially released to the public, where we 1st see the droids, and they were brown then. Making 2 models with no differenc ebesides 2 colors would just be a waste of time since the current model still looks fine anyway.

The Naboo in BFII isn't the one based off Ep One though; it's described as the droids' second attack on Theed during the Clone Wars, which is why the vulture droids for instance need their proper CIS appearance seen in Ep 3.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Meguro
    355 posts Member
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

I'm not really sure where the "movies are more relevant and important then the shows, books and comics", because it's not true, anything with the "canon" name is official in the star wars timeline, and one property can't be "more official" then another.
    Here’s the thing, the shows, books, comics, etc can all be discarded in a blink of an eye because they must follow the movies. What today is considered canon, tomorrow may not be if someone makes a movie that takes place in that time frame and decides to scrap everything. The only true canon in Star Wars is George Lucas vision. From ep I to VI. Everything else does not take part in George Lucas world.

• Alex64
    7442 posts Member
    In Phantom Menace it's maroon
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • DarthJ
    6561 posts Member
    How do we know they wont do vehicle skins in future that resolve this?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • All I ask is the ability to have the vulture droid colouring from ep 3 intro as an appearance not replacement. And keep AAT's the same colour just chang the saturation a bit. That yellow is too strong and not simple like the films
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

Correction: Movies hold more weight than any other canonical media. If a comic or animation contradicts movie canon, then it's always assumed that the movie info is the correct version unless the makers state otherwise - Disney haven't said that, so the movies hold more weight.
    However: on future maps that are based off of battles in the Clone Wars series, where the blue and gray vehicles are seen I'd be fine having them, it would just look out of place on Kashyyyk, Naboo and Geonosis (when it's added).
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • This is just silly. The brown texture is seen in the movies and therefore more known. Plus it looks much nicer.
  • This really matters?
  • Please just fix the bugs and bring us good and new content
  • Lonnisity
    1946 posts Member
    Here we go again.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

Correction: Movies hold more weight than any other canonical media. If a comic or animation contradicts movie canon, then it's always assumed that the movie info is the correct version unless the makers state otherwise - Disney haven't said that, so the movies hold more weight.
    However: on future maps that are based off of battles in the Clone Wars series, where the blue and gray vehicles are seen I'd be fine having them, it would just look out of place on Kashyyyk, Naboo and Geonosis (when it's added).

Especially if the movies are the reason it exists in the first place. Then things like Harry Potter, which have movies and books, the books should be taken over the movies, which all the games actually did. Lord of the Rings games (besides Pandemic's Conquest Battlefront-esqe game which is awesome) mostly took from the books but still had movie elements.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

Especially if the movies are the reason it exists in the first place. Then things like Harry Potter, which have movies and books, the books should be taken over the movies, which all the games actually did. Lord of the Rings games (besides Pandemic's Conquest Battlefront-esqe game which is awesome) mostly took from the books but still had movie elements.
    Well yeah. I mentioned films in this context because Star Wars's original media was film so - LotR and stuff like that the original media was books so they're what's counted first when talking lore and canon and stuff.

Imagine it

If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

Well yeah. I mentioned films in this context because Star Wars's original media was film so - LotR and stuff like that the original media was books so they're what's counted first when talking lore and canon and stuff.

That's why I mentioned them. Using movies for Star Wars is the same importance as the books for the others. Definitely takes precedence over cartoons or other mdeia, at least with Star Wars.
  • Yes, change it. Maybe leaving brown on Naboo is ok
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif

Movies do outweigh other medias, Poe not meeting Rey until TLJ held more weight then her meeting him the Force Awakens novel.

Off-topic, but I've always had a problem with this. Call it poor placement of the actors or bad directing, but they are so close to one another, how does Leia or Finn not introduce them before this scene? Surely, Finn said something to Poe about her? I've since read that they do meet in the TFA novel, but seeing them meet in TLJ seemed odd at the time.

idhokd1sh1nn.jpg

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member

Movies do outweigh other medias, Poe not meeting Rey until TLJ held more weight then her meeting him the Force Awakens novel.

Off-topic, but I've always had a problem with this. Call it poor placement of the actors or bad directing, but they are so close to one another, how does Leia or Finn not introduce them before this scene? Surely, Finn said something to Poe about her? I've since read that they do meet in the TFA novel, but seeing them meet in TLJ seemed odd at the time.

idhokd1sh1nn.jpg

Weird. Are they actually seen in the same scenes as each other? I assumed he was in his X-wing in the scene you posted, but idk. It ps been a while since I watched it.

Imagine it

#COOMCAIBDJF
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    I wouldn’t over analyze things like this. It would be cool if it was 100% canon but it’s just not gonna be.

Even though it’s not canon, I find it cool to play with the trade federation type stuff on Naboo.

I feel like DICE is doing a good job overall especially compared to other games (SW Commander).
  • Empire_TW
    6435 posts Member

idhokd1sh1nn.jpg

I believe them meeting in TFA was part of an earlier script or a deleted scene and Rian Johnson started making TLJ before TFA was finished If im not mistaken so I think thats why this issue exists.

hojevrxvarht.png
  • modulair
    320 posts Member

Hey, is this you, i know it you, you are Pablo Hidalgo right? :wink:

idhokd1sh1nn.jpg

I believe them meeting in TFA was part of an earlier script or a deleted scene and Rian Johnson started making TLJ before TFA was finished If im not mistaken so I think thats why this issue exists.

Look at it this way: They met in the sense of seeing each other and hearing of each other, but they still introduced themselves in TLJ to exchange names and acknowledge each other
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Alex64
    7442 posts Member
    I'll leave this here
    av4f47zdbn7r.jpeg
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Darth_Cerebus
    2106 posts Member
    edited June 2018

idhokd1sh1nn.jpg

To be fair, there was far more important things going on. Grieving, finally finding out where Luke is, celebrating over destroying Starkiller Base. Introductions weren't the 1st thing on the mind with Leia, especially 1 person who hasn't met anyone else in the Resistance and is leaving anyway.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    I'll leave this here
    av4f47zdbn7r.jpeg

Why are you leaving this here?
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    I'll leave this here
    av4f47zdbn7r.jpeg

Phantom menace art, change on other maps to blue paint used during CW
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • StarwarsMEGAfan
    176 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    It's very contradicting though!
    they use the maroon colored MTT's and vehicles
    Even the Lukrehulks are miscolored
    They're miscolored as properly colored Providence class destroyers fly right by them! It's a MESS!
    {MOD Edit: excessive caps}
    th1t3mn151el.gif

-Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
  • Empire_TW
    6435 posts Member
    It's very contradicting though!
    they use the maroon colored MTT's and vehicles
    Even the Lukrehulks are miscolored
    They're miscolored as properly colored Providence class destroyers fly right by them! It's a MESS!
    {MOD Edit: excessive caps}

Well why don't you give me the source that says CIS MTTs 100% cannot be maroon in any shape or form and we can see if that source is significant enough to make something in a star wars film non canon.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Alex64
    7442 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    I'll leave this here
    av4f47zdbn7r.jpeg

Why are you leaving this here?

It's an MTT, if you want the blue one ask for a skin, if it's maroon or blue isn't contradicting.
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

If there is a contradiction within canon sources, then either can be considered acceptable.
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

According to one of the behind the scenes videos for the clone wars season 4 (for the Umbara Arc when talking about the bar bell CIS control ships), by the time of Revenge of the Sith, the neutral entities, aka the trade federation, and the techno union, had pretty much given up on their neutral pretense and had gone all in with the Seperatists by the time of the battle of Coruscant, hence when you watch the 2003 Gennedy Tartakovsky Clone Wars, you'll see Trade Federation MTT's, Drop Ships, Vultures Droids, and also techno union Octuptarra Tri-droids present during the battle of Coruscant, because this was really the big Attack. Later the Techno Union Octuptarra Tri-droid is also seen on Utapau and Mygeeto (altho I'm unsure whether this bares the techno union colouration or the Seperatist colouration on Mygeeto).

But regardless, the brown inclusion should not be seen as a total violation depending on when it is used in the timeline, it is acceptable if it is set really late on in the war, because both colour schemes were in use during the final weeks. As to exact timelines, we have not been told precisely when the trade federation and techno union threw all in, but during Revenge of the Sith at least. I'm sure we will find out at some later date. But the screenshot above tells us the corporations provided additional troops from their own private reserves when the Seperatists were desperate In the final weeks. Hope this clarifies alot of the confusion.

• ROMG4
    2738 posts Member
    You want to know what is contracting, immersion breaking, and a complete waste of source material?

Having a Battle Of Naboo

Without the Battle Of Naboo's Droid Commander

oom_9_by_rilez75_dbtt3xp-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTAwMCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzY3NDgzNDVkLTUwNTktNDllZi1hZjQ3LTdlNjg4MWYyMDBiOFwvZGJ0dDN4cC03ZWY4YzJmYy1jMTQ1LTRjYWItOTdmOC1kZDRhYzMyM2EwY2YuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTgzMyJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.7OjT59RCsRKaF0HyTPdBHx825--aesBHIdBx8oHowN0

We

Want

OOM-9
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Too bad you can't choose skins for the vehicles in the collections section. It would be cool to choose skins for the vehicles and starfighters for other maps and modes. And before anyone calls me out out saying it would ruin the immersion of other maps; I don't care.
  • OOM-9 is the greatest Star Wars character of all time.woqttsei7yuc.jpeg
  • This necroposting though, but OOM-9 is bae
  • zakdude100
    16 posts Member
    edited March 29
    jb659dgqyzjv.png

The discrepancy between the colour of the MTT's can be explained using the clip above (from 10:35). While yes, the trade federation, and the techno union were neutral for most of the war, by Revenge of the Sith, they had thrown all In with the Seperatists and were reinforcing them with units from their own private armies. The outer rim sieges took a major toll on the Seperatist allegiance. So all pretense of Neutrality was abandoned. That's why when you watch the 2003 Gennedy Tartakovsky Clone Wars, you see Brown Trade Federation MTT's and Vulture Droids and Landing craft in the ground assault in the battle of Coruscant, why you see a brown MTT in the hanger above, and why there are trade federation vulture Droids in the space battle as well. But there are also the Seperatist blue coloured vulture Droids too, which the movie shows us.

We also see in Revenge of the Sith on Utapau, an Octuptarra tri-droid with Techno Union colours instead of the Seperatist Blue colours that we see on Christophsis during the clone wars movie. The Techno union tri Droid colour scheme also appears in Tartakovsky's Clone Wars. We see them on Mygeeto too, but I'm unsure what colour scheme they bear.

Hope this clears up the discrepancies
  • EA_Rtas
    1095 posts EA Moderator
    let's keep it on topic please this thread has nothing to do with OOM-9