criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why do people hate on the CW tv show?

It is as much canon as episode IV and people still say it’s for kids and shouldn’t be prominently featured in the game.
Rex and Ahsoka should have their rightful place in this game.
"In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
#cartoonsarecanontoo
#theclonewarssaved
PSN: HyperGamerMk2
YT: GiantSlayer YT
Check out all my concepts Here
pqhrojr3gg47.jpg

Replies

• t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    The style of animation they chose just makes it look like a childs show... I have tried to watch it but it just doesn't get me interested.
  • Zach
    539 posts Member
    I’ve watched several episodes over the last few days trying to get into it so I can catch up on some stuff like Maul. It’s clear to me though that it was a show made for the younger SW audience. The droids and humor are corny, some characters (ahem...Ahsoka) are annoying, and a lot of stuff in the show contradicts the films. In the end I determined that I was more entertained by the humor than the actual content, so yeah that’s my thoughts on that
  • WodiQuix
    4249 posts Member
    I love the show! I have all the seasons on DVD. One of my favorite episodes, perhaps my ultimate favorite, is Season One's episode 'Rookies', where shiny clone troopers must defend their outpost from a droid landing force.
  • Because its a 3d animated cartoon.

Which get 2 types of people disliking.

1 is the people who perfer 2d cartoons.
    2 Is the people who dislike all cartoons in general and want only live action.

Personally I prefer 2d cartoons to 3d but this also depends on the style of the art. For example I hate the so called cal art style. I prefer either 80s action figure style or what ever Genndy Tartakovsky uses for his cartoons. I really like his cartoon art style.

Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • I like the CW show simply because of the progression of the story, and because it’s Star Wars.
  • Lee1981
    1304 posts Member
    When I see forum members talking about cartoons

yttedzl5yr03.gif
  • Alex64
    5536 posts Member
    I just hate cartoons
    Good night, oh baby! Sleep tight, oh baby!
  • Empire_TW
    4153 posts Member
    Because Films>Animated Series
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • EOP
    60 posts Member
    I tried watching it but I found it too childish. Found Ahsoka to be annoying. One of my favorite villains Grievous, seemed completely useless compared to what he was in the 2003 show (he also didn't seem that pathetic in Rots). I'm also not gonna lie; I was a bit salty about the portrayal of battle droids and the CIS in general. They make me cringe.
  • StarWars0525
    2079 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    It is as much canon as episode IV and people still say it’s for kids and shouldn’t be prominently featured in the game.
    Rex and Ahsoka should have their rightful place in this game.

I like the show but I love the show when season 3 started and animation improve and Ashoka wasnt annoying. Things were bright.
  • Trooper8059
    10194 posts Member
    I think it's more the community surrounding the show that bothers people.

The show itself is fine, but people don't want to keep hearing about it wherever they go.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • GiantSlayerBF2
    2055 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Looks like many of you never made it past season 3
    A crying shame.
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • It is really too bad. Clone wars set us up for Rebels, which in turn will set us up for some Easter eggs, references, and other things in episode 9.
    After all they did say it will have some clone wars references...
    (I just wish they would make a Star Wars story with Rex in it.)
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • bfloo
    13328 posts Member
    As a guess, because the 1st 2 seasons were generally terrible.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    If I could watch it for free I'd happily have a look but I'm definitely not spending my hard earned cash on a cartoon.
  • GiantSlayerBF2
    2055 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    RIFRIG wrote: »
    If I could watch it for free I'd happily have a look but I'm definitely not spending my hard earned cash on a cartoon.

Its on Netflix
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • I have no idea. It's a great series, I own seasons 1-5. 6 wasn't as good in my opinion. People really need to watch it, as there's some must know stuff in it. (Like Darth Maul)
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I think a lot of people who haven’t seen the show get turned off by the toxic CW fanatics who think the show is 10x better than the films.
  • DarthJ
    5399 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    I think a lot of people who haven’t seen the show get turned off by the toxic CW fanatics who think the show is 10x better than the films.

This 100%. I watched TCW but I have had arguments on here such as 'Ahsoka is more popular and well known than Mace Windu' and things like that. The fanatics give the show a bad name, and don't realize that the show wouldn't exist if it weren't for the films and the universe the films initially created.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Empire_TW
    4153 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

This 100%. I watched TCW but I have had arguments on here such as 'Ahsoka is more popular and well known than Mace Windu' and things like that. The fanatics give the show a bad name, and don't realize that the show wouldn't exist if it weren't for the films and the universe the films initially created.

I've actually read some of them say that Lando is a nobody character compared to CW characters.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • The Mortis and Maul episodes were some of my favorites, better than any of the sequel trash imo.
  • The Mortis and Maul episodes were some of my favorites, better than any of the sequel trash imo.

Any episode is better than those 2
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • bfloo
    13328 posts Member
    The Mortis and Maul episodes were some of my favorites, better than any of the sequel trash imo.

you're setting the bar pretty low there

h846398gb27k.png

• Morris was...weird, but I loved the maul episodes. They brought obi wan with mandalorian armor to life.
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Ppong_Man12
    1624 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    bfloo wrote: »
    The Mortis and Maul episodes were some of my favorites, better than any of the sequel trash imo.

you're setting the bar pretty low there

Just liked that they showed a glimpse of Anakin reaching his potential by bringing the force gods to their knees and seeing what he would become.
  • 2000sGuy
    5823 posts Member

Are you trying to tell me that ahsoka isnt the most popular, fleshed out, well loved and important characther in all of star vatz???
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • rollind24
    4840 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »

Are you trying to tell me that ahsoka isnt the most popular, fleshed out, well loved and important characther in all of star vatz???

jrs10jao9q9x.gif
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Because they couldn't get through the terrible first few episodes. If they had some more patience they would have realised how awesome the show became.

Then they would be filled with rage and turn to the dark side once they find out that the show was cancelled. A show that had a lot more potential than Star Wars Rebels.

A dark ending to the Clone Wars, one that ends during Order 66 and the massacre at the Jedi Temple. For reasons unknown (would explained in the final season), Ahsoka Tano is at the temple and in the very last episode on the show, the master kills the apprentice.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • Vespervin wrote: »
    Because they couldn't get through the terrible first few episodes. If they had some more patience they would have realised how awesome the show became.

Then they would be filled with rage and turn to the dark side once they find out that the show was cancelled. A show that had a lot more potential than Star Wars Rebels.

A dark ending to the Clone Wars, one that ends during Order 66 and the massacre at the Jedi Temple. For reasons unknown (would explained in the final season), Ahsoka Tano is at the temple and in the very last episode on the show, the master kills the apprentice.

Foolish movie mains
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    I don’t know what forum your on but I havent not seen much of this.

Anyway, there will always be people who have opposite opinions
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    Because they couldn't get through the terrible first few episodes. If they had some more patience they would have realised how awesome the show became.

I think a series set during the time of Rebels could be very good although it would be nothing like Rebels.

I imagine a series focused on a bunch of different stories of the start of the rebellion simultaneously. They could intersect a bit (maybe that’s the finale) but the stories would stand on their own.

It would revolve around the idea of “hope” but more in a Rogue One way than A New Hope way. There would be miraculous victories but there would also be unheroic massacres.

Overall I want a story that portrays the Empire as strong and lacks major plot armor.
  • bfloo
    13328 posts Member
    Evazan127 wrote: »
    Vespervin wrote: »

I think a series set during the time of Rebels could be very good although it would be nothing like Rebels.

I imagine a series focused on a bunch of different stories of the start of the rebellion simultaneously. They could intersect a bit (maybe that’s the finale) but the stories would stand on their own.

It would revolve around the idea of “hope” but more in a Rogue One way than A New Hope way. There would be miraculous victories but there would also be unheroic massacres.

Overall I want a story that portrays the Empire as strong and lacks major plot armor.

Rebels just had terrible storytelling and used the brady bunch method of solving every crisis in 30 minutes or less.

h846398gb27k.png

• PlayersPurity
    221 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    After Star Wars Rebels came out it's not that hated anymore :lol:

Ps. Although the last season wasn't that bad thanks to Ian McDiarmid!
    Current Topics:
    Secondary Hand For Every Class
    Luke's Push and Repulse Damage Output

cggn8altuzp0.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
    - Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

• bfloo
    13328 posts Member

Even Ian couldn't save that train wreck of a final season.

h846398gb27k.png

• Alex64
    5536 posts Member
    BC it's full of Fan Service and it sucks.
  • Alex64 wrote: »

that's not even a valid argument
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Alex64
    5536 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »

It's not an argument, it's a fact.
  • bfloo wrote: »

Even Ian couldn't save that train wreck of a final season.

A lot of it was really good
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Alex64 wrote: »

It's not an argument, it's a fact.
    I'm willing to bet you haven't watched even one season. And don't lie.
  • The sixth season was the worst one by far, and even it wasn't that bad. There were so many great episodes though, every Star Wars fan has to see it. Especially when Darth Maul comes into play, my friend loves Star Wars, but since he hasn't seen clone wars or Solo yet, doesn't know that Darth Maul is still alive. Plus Grievous and Cad Bane are also really great.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Do you like Rebels?
  • Because people like different things. Why do some people hate The Last Jedi?
  • Alex64
    5536 posts Member
    Do you like Rebels?

I don't like anything that has Fan service, sorry.
  • MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member
    My reasons for disliking it are simple. The animation style is horrible, and the voice acting is bad. I don't care how good the stories being told are, if the presentation isnt good, it doesnt matter. Now, lemme explain.

Animation style: Its literally trying to be the 2003 CW series, but in 3D, and it doesnt translate well to me. I know its stylized, but it doesnt look good to me. The animation in Rebels is far better. People actually look like human beings, not caricature paintings.

Voice acting: Hardly anyone sounds like they do in the films. Matt Lanter is my least favorite, because he sounds nothing like Anakin. JAT makes Obi-Wan sound american for some reason (even though he sounds British every other time he's voiced the character). I know this is kinda unfair, but Tim Curry cant do Palpy. And yes, I know he was only the voice for a few episodes, but why? I love Tim Curry, but he could NOT do Palpy. A lot of the new characters had voices I didn't like, mainly Ashoka, and the clones. The clones sound BA when voiced by Temura, but they sound so wimpy when voiced by Dee Bradley Baker. About the only voices I do like, are Windu, Maul, and Dooku.

Please also keep in mind, that I had these opinions when the show first aired, and I was about 10 years told. Ithink it was the first Star Wars thing I didnt like.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

Voice acting: Hardly anyone sounds like they do in the films. Matt Lanter is my least favorite, because he sounds nothing like Anakin.

That’s probably my biggest gripe with the show. And generally I just don’t like Lanter’s voice.
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1018 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Do you like Rebels?

I don't like anything that has Fan service, sorry.

Well I wont be fixing any of your fans if they break then.

pp1k3fa4les6.jpg
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.