criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

The wildest/craziest way your character was elimited in a match...

Goomas
94 posts Member
This topic is simply a place to discuss the ways your character in GA, SFA, or HvV was eliminated.

For me, the one I remember the most was when I was on the First Order side of the Starkiller Base in the 2nd round of GA when the resistance were going after the fuel depot and I was at the platform overlooking the entire battlefield. Someone in an X-Wing came down on a single-shot strafing run and killed me right where I was standing. As the "Death cam" zoomed out and showed me who took me out, the X-Wing flew off in a perfect straight upward line and did one full roll (Like an airshow pilot would do) before going after other airborne targets. It was pretty cool to see. I have tried that maneuver myself but always end up crashing into the building or missing players on the ground entirely since they are so small and hard to see. Don't know who it was, but a tip of my hat for a fine, difficult, clean kill.

Replies

• I was killed by Kylo Ren using “furious throw”. I video captured it because I didn’t believe what I read. Keep in mind that I didn’t see Kylo throw his saber or anything it’s just how it read on the killcam screen
  • Goomas
    94 posts Member
    I was killed by Kylo Ren using “furious throw”. I video captured it because I didn’t believe what I read. Keep in mind that I didn’t see Kylo throw his saber or anything it’s just how it read on the killcam screen

I know what you mean. Sometimes it seems like all I need to do is be in the same room with Darth Vader and I am dead within seconds without seeing any kind of attack. Might be a graphics bug or something.
  • bfloo
    15714 posts Member
    I was killed by Kylo Ren using “furious throw”. I video captured it because I didn’t believe what I read. Keep in mind that I didn’t see Kylo throw his saber or anything it’s just how it read on the killcam screen

He doesn't throw his saber, he throws you.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Goomas
    94 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

He doesn't throw his saber, he throws you.

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. I know Darth Maul can chuck his sabre, but not Kylo. You would think all lightsaber heros would have that ability too. Oh well.
  • o4zri7p4v70l.jpeg

This ^
  • Goomas
    94 posts Member
    o4zri7p4v70l.jpeg

This ^

Wow. There it is! Kylo with a Throw! Thanks for the screenshot proof. Amazing.
  • Don't know if it's the wildest or craziest, but certainly one of the most rage-inducing I've had - few minutes ago on Death Star 2: Playing as Rebels, shutting down one of the objectives, the guy who I thought was covering me stood and watched while I got shot in the back, then nipped in and finished the shut down, claiming the majority of the points for himself. Rarely quit a game, but left that one.
  • Goomas wrote: »
    o4zri7p4v70l.jpeg

This ^

Wow. There it is! Kylo with a Throw! Thanks for the screenshot proof. Amazing.

You can check out the full video on my Xbox account same screen name without the underscores. It was an odd death
  • bfloo
    15714 posts Member
    My favorite death is when I throw an impact grenade, it bounces back and kills me. :(

h846398gb27k.png

• Goomas
    94 posts Member
    Don't know if it's the wildest or craziest, but certainly one of the most rage-inducing I've had - few minutes ago on Death Star 2: Playing as Rebels, shutting down one of the objectives, the guy who I thought was covering me stood and watched while I got shot in the back, then nipped in and finished the shut down, claiming the majority of the points for himself. Rarely quit a game, but left that one.

Oh man, that is harsh. You would hope someone with a group shield comes along to protect you since that is the goal when shutting down things or blowing up turrets (Defend Objective!!!). I would hate to be in an actual real war with someone like that on my side. When I am an Officer I always buff whomever is working the objective or protecting that person at a minimum with a remote turret or whatever I can conjur up. And at the very least I will stand close by them and take a shot in their place if possible. -Better luck next time.
  • LeftTurnus
    1099 posts Member
    Well, I get the "defeated" message an awful lot, with no kill cam or explanation as to what killed me. Happens alot more often than it should. Or being killed by people not even facing my direction ...
  • lunder
    11 posts Member
    Actually has happened quite a few times, like 500 over the last few months by the same 6-8 players: One single headshot being a hero by someone using a heavy from across the map.

• As Bossk, after taking the first objective point on Takodana - the hill - I was a little banged up and waited for a few seconds as the rebels were retreating and the next objective was coming up.

The next thing I know, I'm dead! One shot! WTF?!?

Did you know that your teams 'transport ship', when landing, can kill you? (Unlike EVERY OTHER VEHICLE in the game!)
    I didn't, but after having it land on my head, I do now!
  • spawned in as luke on starkiller base, second phase. before reaching the stairs on the right i got frozen by kylo and got melted by a flametrooper right behind him. happened in 6 seconds... i counted.
  • Got run over by a speeder while inside the cantina...
  • I have some videos, some of which Ive already posted in the 'moments' section but eh :P

"The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Goomas
    94 posts Member
    Dionysos_B wrote: »
    Got run over by a speeder while inside the cantina...

Hey, that must of been unexpected. I'll have to try that next time in Mos Eisley. Didn't think a speeder could even pass through those doors. Bet everyone else inside was freaking out too.
  • Goomas
    94 posts Member
    LaurenXIV wrote: »
    I have some videos, some of which Ive already posted in the 'moments' section but eh :P

Nice collection you have there. That "boomerang grenade" was my favorite. I don't think I have seen one do that before. It takes a serious software bug to cause something that insane to happen.
  • bfloo
    15714 posts Member
    Goomas wrote: »
    LaurenXIV wrote: »
    I have some videos, some of which Ive already posted in the 'moments' section but eh :P

Nice collection you have there. That "boomerang grenade" was my favorite. I don't think I have seen one do that before. It takes a serious software bug to cause something that insane to happen.

Grenades coming back at me happens all the time. It really irks me when impact grenades do it.

h846398gb27k.png

• Goomas wrote: »
    Dionysos_B wrote: »
    Got run over by a speeder while inside the cantina...

Hey, that must of been unexpected. I'll have to try that next time in Mos Eisley. Didn't think a speeder could even pass through those doors. Bet everyone else inside was freaking out too.

Well that's the thing, it wasn't inside... We'd just captured the cantina, i'm heading towards the door and suddenly drop dead while the screen said killed by land speeder. Killcam showed the outline of the speeder outside.