criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

We Want Conquest Mode Everyone who wants this answer Make this thread big

1789101113Next

Replies

• MtFbWy
    40 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Yesssss. +1 And proper squads that you can stay with the entire round. Always changing squads will mostly not stay together...

f6x6x2r22ite.png
  • MtFbWy
    40 posts Member
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    MaceBendu wrote: »
    Seriously? What a major disappointment. This is all just recycled gameplay anyway from old games.

How does EA get off not offering any new Heroes/Villains with this update? What are they even spending their time on?

I really don't understand; fans of this game have ALL been asking for the same thing since its release, and EA turns around and gives us the exact opposite. This is why this game is failing. They spent all their times on completely pointless progression updates and useless game modes like Ewok Hunt and Jetpack Cargo. It's honestly just a ploy to keep us distracted from the fact that

I'd also like to address the rumors that EA is planning to abandon Battlefront 2 as a flop. IF YOU JUST GAVE US CLONE WARS CONTENT IT WOULD LITERALLY SAVE THIS GAME. I don't know what's so hard for EA to understand about this. I also heard that EA has a policy to actively ignore ALL social media commentary, which is ridiculous, because those are the people who are telling them exactly what's wrong with their game.

I need to know two things from EA, and I need only a yes or no answer, not some beat-around-the-push, publicist answer:

1. Are we EVER going to get the Clone Wars content we've been promised for months and months?
    2. Are we EVER even going to get new, playable characters?

I couldn't possibly be more disappointed with this "Solo Season." I'm sure most of you feel the same way. I really hope EA starts to actually listen and gets its life together before they just throw this game out the window.

I think BF1 and SWBF2 are tests to study players behaviours to do a better game in the future.

They know they failed and are now just testing things for a future profit in another launch.

Well if that was the case I go back to my former quote, “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, “ (i.e.- Star Wars Battfront 2 [2005]); there was no need to alter anything the system worked well. I’m playing it on my X-Box One in 2018 for goodness sake. I get they wanted to be unique but Conquest was at the very core of the franchise. If you are correct and these two games are a guinea pig experiment then the results should show the vast majority want “Conquest mode”.

Seriously this is just sad one guy on his personal computer created a primitive Conquest Mode and DICE hasn’t even done it with 100 people (rolls eyes). We aren’t trying to be hurtful but obviously they can’t be trying that hard. If AI is the issue you have my permission to port the AI from the 2005 Pandemic game. It may not be perfect but it was fun as heck.

DICE, what is going on? One guy got this made and working?? Come on give us Conquest already!

Nice one! One guy showing how easy it would be for them!!!!!!!
  • I am a Vetran of the previous SWBF II, by pandemic, for the origonal X Box. Conquest was the most popular game mode by a factor of 267,900,501 and I along with the 80 or so players who i played the old SWBF II were excited when we found out the game which remains our very favorite to this day was becomming backwards compatable. All of us got slapped across our face and kicked in our gorin when we tried to play it with oneanother again.... the matchmaking function is not avaliable. So EA we need a very very very large map with absolutly no moviment restrictions which contains an odd number of control points 3,5,7. Each team starts with 1 each from which the spawn at and rushes to capture the rest, any member of either team may spawn at any control point currently held by their team. Victory requirements are depleeting enemie reinforcements to 0 or capturing all of the comand points and holding them for 15-20 seconds if enemy players are still active on the map.
    ❤?
    I am one with the force, the force is one with me. I am one with the force, the force is one with me.........
  • I am a Veteran of the previous SWBF II, by Pandemic, for the original X-Box. “Conquest” was the most popular game mode by a factor of 267,900,501 and I along with the 80 or so players who I played the old SWBF II with, were excited when we found out the game (which remains our very favorite to this day) was becomming backwards compatible. All of us got slapped across our face and kicked in our groin when we tried to play it with one another again.... the matchmaking function is not avaliable. So EA we need a very very very large map with absolutely no movement restrictions which contains an odd number of control points 3, 5, 7. Each team starts with 1 each from which to spawn at and rushes to capture the rest, any member of either team may spawn at any control point currently held by their team. Victory requirements are depleeting enemy reinforcements to 0 or capturing all of the comand points and holding them for 15-20 seconds if enemy players are still active on the map.
    ❤?

(1.) “The matching function is not available.” - Well it is for PC but not for X-Box One.
    However you can still play with 4 players at once around your coach.

(2.) Agreed about everything you said save I would stick with the classic 5 spawn points, it works best.

More then 5 having 7 Control Points would be to stressful. Less then 5 having 3 Control Points would be over way to fast.

“There is always hope.”
  • Indiana_Jim
    2074 posts Member
    Battlefront 1 is dead now. Its only a couple years old and you cant even get a Death Star Game Going. Unless ea puts conquest mode (or constantly adds new features i guess) battlefront 2 will be dead in two years just like the first one

Everyone knows that Walker Assault or Outer Rim is where it's at.
  • Indiana_Jim
    2074 posts Member
    DICE, what is going on? One guy got this made and working?? Come on give us Conquest already!
    MtFbWy wrote: »

Yeah, one guy totally did it! With four linearly-placed command posts in a small area with no opposition! YAAAAAAY!
  • I recommend it! I want it :blush:
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Jello wants it.
    Psn: Jello770
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    MtFbWy wrote: »

Yeah, one guy totally did it! With four linearly-placed command posts in a small area with no opposition! YAAAAAAY!

He has no access to make it so people can join his game. if he could i bet he would. The game mode was always this simple
  • Starmasui73146
    1536 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    For more heads up on what’s up about a “Conquest” or large scale Offline game mode in the coming seasons head here as well, I may have news...you never know...
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/105910/all-things-star-wars-video-games-movies-t-v-shows-toys-for-wild-exciting-news-find-it-here#latest

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Dezert
    206 posts Member
    Conquest (or large scale mode other than GA), yes. Bring it before the player base shrinks.
    XBox/Steam/Origin >> M1chaelSavage
    1UcxMVz.gif
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>>>>> Player Stats we will have <<<<<<<
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    Soon™
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    They did it "capture command posts" and "attacking and taking out capital ships"

Galactic Conquest and Space Battles Confirmed

• Yes I’ve been asking over and over for Conquest. But fix the lag in PS4 OK?
  • Starmasui73146
    1536 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    They did it "capture command posts" and "attacking and taking out capital ships"

Is that Supremacy or “Conquest” Dennis is talking about? I want to get hyped up but I’ve been skewered before.

As for the Capital Ship thing that could be amazing or it could be maaaah. It largely depends on if it’s like the space battles from the Pandemic game or just something more basic. The former being far cooler of course, i.e.- landing and boarding capital ships or attacking them on the outside.
    “There is always hope.”

• Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

Is that Supremacy or “Conquest” Dennis is talking about? I want to get hyped up but I’ve been skewered before.

It was referred to as a "sandbox" type gamemode, aka non-linear, so it should be something closer to Conquest than Supremacy.
    O1N7XfL.gif
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member

It was referred to as a "sandbox" type gamemode, aka non-linear, so it should be something closer to Conquest than Supremacy.[/quote]

"capture that command post", i'm pretty sure it is conquest at this point.
  • Well... the AI would drastically need to improve for this to happen... but I could see them getting them to the level they would need to be. But if it would be added today.. it would be to easy because the AI just aren’t operating at the level they would need to be.

“Careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director.”

It even combines ground AND air in one conquest mode...
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season

It was referred to as a "sandbox" type gamemode, aka non-linear, so it should be something closer to Conquest than Supremacy.

"capture that command post", i'm pretty sure it is conquest at this point.[/quote]

It involves capitol ships too, and comes with the largest map ever, sooooooo...
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    edited June 2018

It involves capitol ships too, and comes with the largest map ever, sooooooo...[/quote]

oh no the capital ships is space battles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=v1Ddi_fK2fU
  • Starmasui73146
    1536 posts Member
    edited June 2018

As for the Capital Ship thing that could be amazing or it could be maaaah. It largely depends on if it’s like the space battles from the Pandemic game or just something more basic. The former being far cooler of course, i.e.- landing and boarding capital ships or attacking them on the outside.

Oh thank God, I’m much more positive now but still restraining my excitement for the moment.

Oh please let it be.
    It even combines ground AND air in one conquest mode...
    Yee haw.

It involves capitol ships too, and comes with the largest map ever, sooooooo...

I have a good feeling about this.

Ahhhhhh yes the classic game space battle:
    Warning: PG suggested contains at least 1 “F” bomb.

“There is always hope.”
  • tommytom64
    1091 posts Member
    The mad lads... they did it... and they even took it a step further and are adding in capital ship destruction... hnngh...
  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    The mad lads... they did it... and they even took it a step further and are adding in capital ship destruction... hnngh...

It is possible it may not be Conquest at all but rather a lot more like Battlefield 2142 “Titan game mode”.

How Battlefield 2142 “Titan game mode” works:
    Phase One: Okay so basically you have to seize control of missile silos (just like control points) when you do it fires missiles at a sky ship. Obviously the more missile silo (control points) you control the more damage you do. You continue playing both losing and retaking missile silo (control points) until the sky ship shield drops.

Phase Two: Then you have a choice you can continue to attack the sky ships on the outside with missiles, etc...(which takes forever), or you can board it and attack the ship from within. You then must destroy a serious of eternal controls (on multiple floors) to reach the reactor core until the ship explodes. Meanwhile your enemy tries to prevent you from succeeding whether Online or against A.I. Offline.

Sooooo if that is indeed the game mode...it is a cross between Conquest on the ground and Conquest in space but with a slight twist. Never the less it sounds interesting if indeed this is it. I will give it a chance...Hey...at least we finally get to board ships while others attack outside, how cool is that?

Here’s the theory from Star Wars HQ:

and here’s the EA Battlefield 2142 “Titan game mode” training video:
    “There is always hope.”
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    tommytom64 wrote: »

It is possible it may not be Conquest at all but rather a lot more like Battlefield 2142 “Titan game mode”.

Phase One: Okay so basically you have to seize control of missile silos (just like control points) when you do it fires missiles at a sky ship. Obviously the more missile silo (control points) you control the more damage you do. You continue playing both losing and retaking missile silo (control points) until the sky ship shield drops.

Phase Two: Then you have a choice you can continue to attack the sky ships on the outside with missiles, etc...(which takes forever), or you can board it and attack the ship from within. You then must destroy a serious of eternal controls (on multiple floors) to reach the reactor core until the ship explodes. Meanwhile your enemy tries to prevent you from succeeding whether Online or against A.I. Offline.

Sooooo if that is indeed the game mode...it is a cross between Conquest on the ground and Conquest in space but with a slight twist. Never the less it sounds interesting if indeed this is it. I will give it a chance...Hey...at least we finally get to board ships while others attack outside, how cool is that?

they announced it, it's conquest
  • tommytom64 wrote: »

Fine with either.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Could be holding ground artillery.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Seems too good to be true - I’m very skeptical. I would suggest lowering expectations because I doubt on release it’ll actually be what many of you are imagining
  • Seems too good to be true - I’m very skeptical. I would suggest lowering expectations because I doubt on release it’ll actually be what many of you are imagining

Have some hope.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season

Have some hope.

Lost that a long time ago when it comes to EA. The only thing you can count on with them is disappointment in my opinion. I’d love to be surprised but hope I have none
  • Starmasui73146
    1536 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Conquest will make this game last, for a loong time.
    Yes “Conquest” is indeed the standard.
    Darkhand_9 wrote: »
    I jumped on the EA Battlefronts because of the LucasArts games.
    Word, yes the Lucas Arts/ Pandemic games 2004 and 2005 were why I bought the DICE games in the first place as well.
    Kyle2295 wrote: »
    Exactly this. Everyone I know, including myself, all loved the original battlefront games. They were our favorites. Hence why they were created again. But most of them now don't even own the new ones because they know its not at all what it used to be. What they wanted. In a one word summary, the game is boring. Strip away its over the top graphics and its just not fun to play. It does not even come remotley close to the enjoyment of the originals that the game is named after.

Now, it is mine and many others opinion, that the original battlefront 2 from 2005 was the best way to experience star wars through a gaming platform. And your battlefront game should strive to hit the same feeling that that game gave us.

So, here are 5 essential things this game, or the next, needs to match the feeling of the originals:
    - predominantley offline focus
    - large, fully open maps
    - much more content
    - vehicles you can get in and out from
    - galactic conquest

AuraStorm wrote: »

The original BF2 had online play even on the PS2 if you wired it up

And it was quite fun, the servers had pretty decent size for a 2005 game

That being said, please don't judge the originals under rose colored glasses. Graphics aside, the AI was absolutely terrible, the heros were mostly copy and pasted from each other, and the maps were just copy and pasted color pallets, with no pop

Kyle2295 wrote: »
    I know it did, but realistically that wasn't the focus at all. And yeah, I think thats what the online should ve like now; just maybe have 5 or 10 real players amongst massive AI battlefield.

Yes, looking back at the game now it is super clear to see all that, but thats just what I mean, you take the essential parts of that game and actually gice it high graphics, distinct heroes, good AI etc. Thats what everyone imagined when the 2015 battlefront was first announced.
    Thank you Kyle, thank you.

Seems too good to be true - I’m very skeptical. I would suggest lowering expectations because I doubt on release it’ll actually be what many of you are imagining

Have some hope.

I too want to maintain hope but one can only blow so much smoke up ones back side until one realizes that a lot of it is smoke and mirrors. I can go on and on about the mis-steps made by EA for days but I still want to hang on to hope like you though. I can not express how angry I was about the way they ignored our desire for: on Jabba’s Palace - a living rancor in the pit, Jabba alive on his pad, neutral factions like Gamorian guards fighting. Tatooine - neutral factions like Sand People fighting, etc, etc, etc, etc...

Grant it I am greatful for SWBF1 (2015) Skirimish. We rallied for a year and a half and it finally happened. But let us not forget it was done by people at DICE off the clock in no way connected to EAs desires.

Plus the only reason we got Arcade in SWBF2 was likely because EA realized that the backlash about no hard core Offline modes was epic and DICE likely pushed for it to be so. Thus the load for creating it was divided between companies but atleast it happened. For that we do owe them much thanks...

Still after playing the original games by Lucas Arts and Pandemic studios I can’t help but feel disgruntled. George’s company and Pandemic accomplished soooooo much, the game was waaaaaaay ahead of its time and ultra fun, still is. I just don’t get it...why DICE seems to fight tooth and nail to maintain its individuality and ignore the Conquest mode (the very core of the originals) and sooooo many other cool features that made the original classics a phenomenon, they went platinum for goodness sake, I mean what’s that tell you?

Now grant it DICE has made huge steps toward the Pandemic classic:
    (1.) a campaign
    (2.) a class system
    (3.) hunt mode (more variants on its way)
    (4.) the ability to tweek our A.I. options for battles in menus
    (5.) the ability to land and take off starfighter ships (but available in campaign only)

But there is an absolute prethera of other things still missing:

(1.) Where’s Galactic Conquest?
    (2.) Where’s classic Conquest?
    (3.) Were’s neutral factions? - Gamorian guards, Sand People, etc
    (4.) Where’s A.I. Heroes Offline?
    (5.) Where’s monsters in the environments that will attack you? - the Rancor in the pit, the Sarlaac dragging you down to your doom, etc, etc, etc...
    (6.) Why not have Jabba sitting on his pad and have the battle interrupt his peace like the 2005 game.
    (7.) the ability to chose your spawn point (yet another advantage of the “command posts” control point concept)
    (8.) A.I. reinforcements spawning in on captured “command post” control points (a mega huge core feature of the original classics)

Look I don’t want to be rude but if your mode is like Battlefield 2142 Titan mode I won’t lie I will still be sad. It might be fun but it’s not what many many of us asked for. Oh sure I’ll play it but why not just a straight up idea copy of the originals? What’s so wrong about the way Pandemic and George Lucas’s company did it?
    Lost that a long time ago when it comes to EA. The only thing you can count on with them is disappointment in my opinion. I’d love to be surprised but hope I have none

Word dude, word. Still it may not be a complete wash out the mode I’m sure will be fun in its own right but pure Conquest it is not (unless they alter their decision).

“There is always hope.”
  • The addition of taking down capital ships has me hoping this ends up being the Space-to-Ground battles Free Radical was planning before their version of Battlefront III was shuttered. If so, DICE would give us one of the most sought after features for the Battlefront series. I could be swinging for the fences here, but I'm hopeful.
  • Starmasui73146
    1536 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    “There is always hope.”

• That would be a good map for a mode like Domination, which is Battlefield's small conquest mode.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member

they need to use the WHOLE map IMO. the inside of the great temple and the turbo AA batteries the whole GA map but you can go to every end of it.

they need to use the WHOLE map IMO. the inside of the great temple and the turbo AA batteries the whole GA map but you can go to every end of it.

Yeah same here.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Rumor has it - some version of conquest is due 'soon'.
    Couldn't help it but it's the running rumor since E3.
  • CorpseMaker77
    598 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Galactic Conquest Mode? Oh Yeah!!

Star-Wars-Awesome-Thumbs-Up.gif

• Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    Kniphtee wrote: »
    Rumor has it - some version of conquest is due 'soon'.
    Couldn't help it but it's the running rumor since E3.

they announced "capture that command post"
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    Just a reminder for DICE:

I am afraid that a mode "like Conquest which isn't Conquest" could get a linear, scripted, staged or funnel design. Please DICE no to those 4 points during your map design phase.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    The idea was more of a sandbox style according to Dennis however these things are always subject to change and SW is about a scripted how things carry out - this does that and this means this and this will be the cliffhanger...like a movie, looks and setup over playability, like GA - was fun for a month or two then off to the infantry gameplay.
  • tommytom64
    1091 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I just hope it's at least 64 players with additional AI. Especially starfighter AI around the capital ships since not everyone will be piloting up there to defend their capital ship, lots of the action will probably be concentrated more on the ground.

Also, while a mode like Titan Mode or Carrier Assault would be very cool, I'm kind of hoping they just stick to the original formula and give us classic, traditional Conquest with capital ships being an extra objective that can be destroyed for draining enemy team tickets and/or reinforcement counts.
    Post edited by tommytom64 on
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Get rid of GA and put in conquest.
  • SWymsa
    975 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Conquest/supremacy In arcade, large maps, vehicles and they can do whatever they want to no MP cause no one will care.