criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hero GA mode in Heroes, revised GA mode in Assault

JackTHorn
3601 posts Member
This may be futile, but please, let's not debate whether wrong-faction heroes is good or bad in this thread. The idea here is to accept for the moment that heroes are not in the right factions, and to look at practical resolutions for both preferences -- one practical resolution in particular.

It's been brought up many times before, but gets sunk under the waves of arguments on the broader topic. But here's the idea:

1) Take the current GA mode as is, rename it Hero GA, and move it over into the Hero section of the Multiplayer Games menu.

2) Keep a version of Galactic Assault in the Assault category, but make the heroes correct-faction only, and reduce the number that can be on the field at once (from 4 to 1, or maybe 2).

Thoughts?

Replies

• Ppong_Man12
    2216 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I’m game bro, sounds good and would be an alternative additional mode which is always good imo. I have no doubt we will have heroes in conquest so this could be the answer to a turning point type of mode.
  • Devlin21
    8322 posts Member
    Have correct era heroes in conquest.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Dezert
    206 posts Member
    Infantry-only version of Galactic Assault.
    XBox/Steam/Origin >> M1chaelSavage
    1UcxMVz.gif
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>>>>> Player Stats we will have <<<<<<<
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Id rather have a different large scale (20v20) mode wit no heroes than a clone of GA but with heroes removed - something like Supremacy or Turning Point, where it's mainly focused on infantry gameplay but you can choose to play as a vehicle or reinforcement as well. Ideally they'd also add one or two more reinforcement classes, maybe the Sentinel which we heard about months ago and a Guard type one which is pretty tanky but mainly focused on melee, perhaps comes with a sidearm ability.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    I am not for any EA sanctioned mode which further limits utilization of unlocked assets.

The solution is private servers with custom rulesets... not having EA attempt to create further modified rulesets for every fantasy fulfillment scenario people can think of, because whatever they pick it will never be satisfactory.
  • WodiQuix
    4512 posts Member
    Yes! GA would be much better if there were just two Heroes per side, like the Beta. Phase 3 would be much better.
  • bfloo
    14789 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I am not for any EA sanctioned mode which further limits utilization of unlocked assets.

The solution is private servers with custom rulesets... not having EA attempt to create further modified rulesets for every fantasy fulfillment scenario people can think of, because whatever they pick it will never be satisfactory.

Turning point was pretty popular in the last game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    ...We don't need GA linearity and phase 3 poopermodus to have any more misfit versions...bring on a new mode....let it die with empty lobbies
  • JackTHorn
    3601 posts Member
    Have correct era heroes in conquest.
    Sure, I'm all for that. Not the topic of the thread, though. =)

Dezert wrote: »
    Infantry-only version of Galactic Assault.
    I'm not against this, but it's not what I'm talking about. I'd really like to see heroes present, but without seeing heroes placed in the wrong factions, brought in from the distant past or future. And not so friggin' many of them.
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    Id rather have a different large scale (20v20) mode wit no heroes than a clone of GA but with heroes removed
    I'm not suggesting a GA clone with heroes removed. Please reread the original post?
    something like Supremacy or Turning Point, where it's mainly focused on infantry gameplay but you can choose to play as a vehicle or reinforcement as well.
    Sounds great to me. =)
    Ideally they'd also add one or two more reinforcement classes, maybe the Sentinel which we heard about months ago and a Guard type one which is pretty tanky but mainly focused on melee, perhaps comes with a sidearm ability.
    Also sounds great. I posted a bunch of ideas for a Recon reinforcement class a while back, which would give us ARC Troopers, BX series Commando Droids, Alliance SpecOps Infiltrators, and Imperial Storm Commandos!
  • That sounds like a suitable comprimise honestly.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    The problem with this is it would split the player base for the main gamemode which requires 20-40 players in half.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    GA played better in the beta with 2 heroes aside.
    Yea but this seems random
  • JackTHorn
    3601 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Random how?
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    Would prefer if they just remade turning point so people who don't like heroes can play that instead.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• lol. Determined I see. I suppose this goes without saying, but I don't like it.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • bfloo
    14789 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »

What do you mean by random?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• JackTHorn
    3601 posts Member
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    Would prefer if they just remade turning point so people who don't like heroes can play that instead.
    I'd love to see Turning Point back in the game, or something like it. Though of course, since Turning Point didn't have heroes, that does nothing for those who want to see a large modes with a small number of faction-correct heroes.

Same with Extraction -- I love it, and it's mostly all I play (aside from Strike and SA), but there aren't any heroes. Right now, this game is all or nothing, all wrong-faction heroes or no heroes at all. That's what my suggestion aims to fix.