criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Let's represent our country's flags during gameplay.

2Next

Replies

• Odd, don't matter to me either way.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
  • ARZVEL
    123 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Dash wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    fnl8m50gfswd.jpeg

Count me in

jnyrx7nlx9ar.gif

Count me in to, no need for racist view of this, starwars is about humanity, and I would enjoy this game for the better if I know I'm playing with some goodfella from USA, China, Germany, Japan, Argentina, Venezuela, Russia, France, Spain, South Africa... Etc etc. I'm from México by the way
  • Dash
    11447 posts Member
    Despite the picture I posted above, I actually don't like this either. It has nothing to do with the game. To me SW is at least partially about Nationalism gone wrong on a galactic scale.

Same I just came to represent lol. :sunglasses:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I ain’t bout it.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • LOTR2013
    235 posts Member
    First of all, great effort OP, it must have taken you a while to do this.

I used to play a lot of Mario Kart, and the country flags in that game were an awesome addition. It was always fun to see where the players you were racing were from. However I just don't think it would fit in this game. To me the flags seem like unnecessary clutter. Also, a picture of a small flag is much more distracting than just a name.

One problem with the idea may be the players you encounter anyway. The world is likely to be split into different servers, which means showing locations is pretty pointless. I for one only see English names.
  • FriedPizza773
    1142 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Despite the picture I posted above, I actually don't like this either. It has nothing to do with the game. To me SW is at least partially about Nationalism gone wrong on a galactic scale.

Wait...I don't understand. :astonished:

I actually thought that you would be very interested to see a unique idea for a new feature in a way no other people in the community may have not probably thought about, that's why I called you here. I didn't think that you would post the approval seal whether you agree or not. :disappointed:

By the way, did you recently renamed your account's username just to Dash?
  • Dash
    11447 posts Member
    edited June 2018

I actually thought that you would be very interested to see a unique idea for a new feature in a way no other peple in the community may have not thought about, that's why I called you here. I didn't think that you would post the approval seal whether you agree or not. :disappointed:

I came because you asked/tagged me. :blush: I’ll always show up for you dude. You’re a cool cat. :sunglasses:

But I don’t think having our nations in game or on scoreboard would serve any real purpose as we normally play within our own regions anyways. But I did come to give a good dose of that Red, White, & Blue! :sunglasses:

But it is a cool idea though. Having some kind of National Alert/Isignia somehow somehere. Pretty neat. But I don’t know if they’d add it.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• ATE_ARMS
    317 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    In theory I would love this

Nothing would make a game more intense than representing my country, nothing would make me try harder or feel failure or victory more

But star wars is escapism and completely not about this, and neither is the general aura of this game.

But let's just do it anyway so I can beat the English and the cheating French and ride to victory with my Celtic brethren

But no obviously you see what this stuff causes.

• stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    would be cool I think but maybe make it as an option? I mean those who dont care could turn it off and those that do could have the country flag display on scoreboard and in gameplay or both. I mean I know some multiplayer games that give option to show username or other information over the enemy players.
  • LaurenXIV wrote: »
    I would love to have Star Wars faction symbols above your head, but I really really don't want rl world flags.

With... well, everything, you kinda have to assume that if theres a **** thing to do, there will be people who do the most **** thing.

Potential scenarios:

People targeting one enemy because they happen to be from a particular country
    People sending racist/abusive messages because someone happens to be from a particular country
    People being overly proud of their place on a leaderboard due to the country they came from/shaming poorly performing players based on their country.

Its something Im very happy the game doesn't have :)

Then they could make it optional for you to make it so that other people can see your flag. Then if you don't want to be targeted, you won't.
    "Never tell me the odds!"
    I would love to have Star Wars faction symbols above your head, but I really really don't want rl world flags.

With... well, everything, you kinda have to assume that if theres a **** thing to do, there will be people who do the most **** thing.

Potential scenarios:

People sending racist/abusive messages because someone happens to be from a particular country
    People being overly proud of their place on a leaderboard due to the country they came from/shaming poorly performing players based on their country.

Then they could make it optional for you to make it so that other people can see your flag. Then if you don't want to be targeted, you won't.

Or they could use the resources for something better to add more content to the game :P
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • JackTHorn
    3514 posts Member
    Maybe just have the abbreviated letters of the country in the player list. USA, UK, DEN, SPA, FRA, etc

Potential scenarios:

I never actually thought of that, unfortunately, that’s very likely to happen
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • sCr0llx
    250 posts Member
    "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" It will give origin to you fight and insults to other countries
  • I feel like little emblems on our characters themselves would be pretty neat too. Or, if they do another faction event like TLJ season, you get that emblem on your character at all times, since your faction progression is across all eras anyway
  • Sniffy44 wrote: »
    nope. star wars doesnt happen in this galaxy.

ET says otherwise.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Dash wrote: »

I actually thought that you would be very interested to see a unique idea for a new feature in a way no other peple in the community may have not thought about, that's why I called you here. I didn't think that you would post the approval seal whether you agree or not. :disappointed:

I came because you asked/tagged me. :blush: I’ll always show up for you dude. You’re a cool cat. :sunglasses:

But I don’t think having our nations in game or on scoreboard would serve any real purpose as we normally play within our own regions anyways. But I did come to give a good dose of that Red, White, & Blue! :sunglasses:

But it is a cool idea though. Having some kind of National Alert/Isignia somehow somehere. Pretty neat. But I don’t know if they’d add it.

I see what you mean. That's fair enough. :)
  • FriedPizza773
    1142 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Sniffy44 wrote: »
    nope. star wars doesnt happen in this galaxy.

I respect those that does not like this idea to be implemented in BF2, but you must understand that I only mean this as a feature that would simply show flags in HUD as part of the game's user interface, not necessarily related to the whole Star Wars franchise...at least that's not how I see it.
    Post edited by FriedPizza773 on
  • Dash wrote: »
    You’re a cool cat. :sunglasses:

Meow!
    tumblr_oj4awdz9rn1ttdkobo6_400.gif
  • Well...judging by number of posts made in this thread, it seems that my idea for this new feature is not as popular as I actually hoped for. :pensive:

I thought many people would've like the idea of knowing whom they are playing with in terms of their native countries so they would feel being even more broadly connected to the world, like some of the few other video games that already does (such as MK8), or even like the international sport competitions such as FIFA World Cup or the Olympic Games...only without necesarily being very patriotic.

I also thought that for BF2 being a Star Wars game as part of the second highest-grossing media franchise of all time would be another reason for having this feature because this franchise is loved by a lot of fans from around the world, so if there are any games with a very high number of countries that plays it, BF2 may probably be one of them.

But it's now clear to me that some of you either feel that seeing Earth's flags in a Star Wars game does not fit well even only as part of the user interface, or are worried about facing any kind of xenophobic discrimination.

But even with the option to toggle this feature off, I fear we would see a lot of players without showing their respective country's flags, thus not making good use of this feature by the community to the point that it may not be worth it... :disappointed:

Oh well... at least I tried, and tried really hard.

I would like to thank very much to @Rook008 and @LOTR2013 for giving me credits for my own concept arts, as it did took me quite a while to design them. I also would like to thank everyone else that participated this topic, including those who do not approve my idea for this feature while being sincere.
  • Awww beck yeah i will be very proud to show my German flag