criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

The Roadmap

Replies

• TK_8721
    60 posts Member
    Yay clone trooper skins! It’s about time!
  • LMAO let the rage begin LMFAO
  • lol guys the roadmaps not finished yet. this is just the worst case scenario. its probable that in actuality its gonna be better than this.

That's a good way to put it. This is the lowest they can go, it can only improve from here.
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • TK_8721 wrote: »

hopefully in all this time they made some more than the ones that were datamined. It's just colored stripes, they should be easy money. Same for battle droids, I desperately hope they add some BD skins to the roadmap soon. If nothing else, orange Geonosian ones in winter with Geonisis. DICE, the players are asking to throw money at you for nothing but simple repaints!
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • vyrjola
    44 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Uhmm... where is new arcade content? Is it that new large-scale mode?
  • At least we will have time to stack up credits for those heroes.... 6 months lol

I am sitting at 190k so far. Will do my best to stack it up to 300-400k until Obi-Wan and Grievous are released.
  • JediJulius
    739 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    So, we're not getting an actual new map and two of the four heroes until Winter (which means as late as February?) Why? That's over a year from Crait and at least six months from Kessel.

Is this really the big plan for the rest of the year? How disappointing. I got hyped up for the CW season, and we might not even see all of it until the very end of the year. Oh and it'll probably get delayed or spread out like almost everything else that's happened in this game.
    Post edited by JediJulius on
  • TK_8721 wrote: »
    I’m guessing there will be like 3 clone trooper skins
  • Devlin21
    8332 posts Member
    valeri0706 wrote: »
    At least we will have time to stack up credits for those heroes.... 6 months lol

I am sitting at 190k so far. Will do my best to stack it up to 300-400k until Obi-Wan and Grievous are released.

they are giving us plenty of time, half a year.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• At least they finally got round to releasing it! There's not much in there that we didn't know already. I hope in the next updated roadmap they talk about a large scale offline game mode that will come to arcade. Bit disappointed for the long wait until geonosis, anakin, and dooku but it will be worth it when we get there.
  • I will choose to look forward to it. I really hope y'all update the roadmap soon, but I am looking forward to this season. Please add new starfighters with this new mode. This is really hard, but I am looking forward to it.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • The intial road map features stuff we already knew with dates worse than we could have imagined, but it says more stuff will be added so I guess we'll be getting things in between. Maybe they can also move up the dates of some things if it works well

Yes! exactly! we still have hope!

My guess is july and august strengthened with sullustan stuff from the first game. Hhopefully in SA and GA too not just HvV. I mean, its not THAT hard to slap an objective over GA or SA. Besides, they could even reuse walker assault since GA doesn't really have anything like that (even if it did we don't need every single map to be astoundingly varied). I for one would be fine with 3-4 maps with the same objective. Although I do hope they don't port over like 10 GA sized maps from BF1 without any variance whatsoever. Middle ground, DICE.

I hope they release at least a Couple of ports before Geonosis. It would help hold people over for sure.

• Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    There's more content but not added to the roadmap, as months move closer content can be added and dates can shift. There's more things in the internal roadmap and there's more likely new weapons coming too.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • they can mix basic weapons! why nobody did this. nobody will wait 2 years for 1 map
  • Thank you for the roadmap. Much appreciated.

P.S. Would like to hear soon like in July about new luke skins (trophy celebration skin, bespin skin).
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • please mix in july basic weapons 9 weapons per class and we can wait this 1 year for geonosis. pleasee
  • WarriorDeLaPaz
    46 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    No new locations till winter? I hope this changes, I mean can’t they just add modes to existing maps? I think I read they’re adding Jetpack Cargo to Yavin 4, at least that’s something.
    Every wildfire starts with a spark.
  • mix basic weapons! Manager please write to us back
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    Red dead Redemption
  • xmasterful wrote: »
    Thank you for the roadmap. Much appreciated.

P.S. Would like to hear soon like in July about new luke skins (trophy celebration skin, bespin skin).

And Old Luke.
    Peace out, y'all. I am going back to silent ninja mode.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • ARZVEL
    123 posts Member
    Champlooie wrote: »
    Meh.
    Cahhmakt wrote: »
    Geonosis in December.......fail

December if we're lucky (we are not lucky). Winter could (likely) means January or February.

Anyone want to bet obi and grievous aren't released until around 1 year anniversary of release?

No itll be December at the latest because they previously said this year so its winter within this year

They have said many things. Not a hater, but i would not put anything for their word
  • SCARTracer4316
    46 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Huge waste of time my god so many games are coming out .... And we have to wait till fall ...( any month in fall ) lol merry christmas heres 2 heroes .... Such a loss and a shame to any battlefront game from the past the truly original games I miss those days .... If there's any other old school battlefront players voice your opinions man I know they wont listen but hey we can at least try ! If not lol we always have games like Red dead redemption 2 and many other games that will put this game into the ground 6 ft under where this garbage reskinned battlefield game belongs !
  • Michaeltuma21
    517 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    So much anticipation before, so little excitement now. Good to see the open communication of major “confirmed” content, but this graphic doesn’t add much. I was hoping to see A few maps confirmed before the CW season... maybe BF15 ports?

Whoever is running sales for BF2 MTX must be either pulling their hair out or sleeping on the job themself. They could be making so much more money with more skins and content for purchase beyond the 3 different clone trooper skins they’re about to offer in August.

They give so much time between doing anything i doubt very much in sales....as anyone can easily earn credits to buy stuff for free...another problem with their approach...

By 5 months when 2 heros released imange how many credits players will have saved...then another 3 months after that again

Lol
  • When I first heard they were going to be adding skins, I thought EA was going to be adding quite a bit to the game and generating some cash for themselves in the process. I'm really disappointed with how few skins have been released. No reason to spend money on this game when I can work on adding credits for months until 1 is released that I like.
  • DarthJ
    6826 posts Member
    Winter is a long wait, and doesnt necessarily mean December. By that point anyway, in a year, we will have had 4 new heroes and 1 new map, being Crait. I find that disappointing. I imagine many folks will be onto new games by that point, as the late year games list is really good.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • this is a joke! mix basic weapons
  • DarthJ
    6826 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »
    stevenomes wrote: »
    Red dead Redemption
    stevenomes wrote: »
    Red dead Redemption

Spider Man
    Laura Croft
    Red dead
    BFV

Assassins Creed Odyssey
    Hitman 2 (with Hitman 1 giving a better live service by far)
  • More maps for Galactic Assault and Strike, please!

I was hoping for more Strike maps.... I mean there hasn’t been any updates since launch.
  • tankertoad
    6411 posts Member
    No announcement on private server.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • So on a positive note...are we getting new hero ships with the new mode next month?
    We at least have to be getting some new villain ships, right?

I'll play around with those for a bit.

• DarthJ
    6826 posts Member
    So on a positive note...are we getting new hero ships with the new mode next month?

No its just the mode mate.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    So on a positive note...are we getting new hero ships with the new mode next month?

No its just the mode mate.

Oh yeah I see where I misread.
    Thought Hero Starships meant new starships, nope that's just the name of the game mode.
    Silly me expecting something to actually release.
  • andyt147
    73 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    ://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/am/mda12x6d5vsl.png[/img]
    [/quote]
    F8RGE wrote: »
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

from what I can see they have given up, 4v4? , and the partner system months later????? you can turn your lightsabre on/off ??? while im at it what is a hero showdown quality of life??? are you gonna come round and cook my dinner???? im going to stop now and unistall the 89.93gb of trash.
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • mix basic weapons in july
  • OK, so, this roadmap is clearly incredibly thin on details but it does say, "More content and features to be confirmed in future roadmap updates", so at least we know this isn't everything.

That’s just a disclaimer to give people a bunch of false hope, so they keep playing the game. If an actual promoted season is underwhelming, consider how underwhelming “more content and features” will be.
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    OK, so, this roadmap is clearly incredibly thin on details but it does say, "More content and features to be confirmed in future roadmap updates", so at least we know this isn't everything.

That’s just a disclaimer to give people a bunch of false hope, so they keep playing the game. If an actual promoted season is underwhelming, consider how underwhelming “more content and features” will be.

Ben literally said there is more stuff in the internal roadmap, that can be added and dates can change at any time, we'll have the next updated roadmap in August.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    releasing the roadmap today is actually more impressive than the roadmap itself. I counted you out for sure. Impressive. Most impressive.