criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What happened to Drax Gaming's Youtube channel?!?

Ealier today I when to Drax Gaming's Youtube channel to see his videos related to BF2 contents...only to learned that his channel is no longer available! :cold_sweat:

What in the world happened to Drax Gaming? And why his channel was closed?

To me, he is one of the best Youtuber that makes BF2 videos, and he makes such awesome BF2 videos, especially about his guides and tips with great sense of knowledge that helps me become a better player. Now it's all gone! :confounded:

Replies

• rollind24
    4854 posts Member
    u6vl9v45r4ob.gif

He misses you as well
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Hmmmm. I like him too, for one thing he’s one of the few that doesn’t curse like a sailor.
  • Anapoda
    741 posts Member
    Well, it says something like "This account has been terminated due to persistent or repeated breaches of YouTube's policies regarding spam, deceptive and misleading content, or other breaches of the Terms of Use" on his youtube page.

Don't know the details but apparently some shenanigans happened.

• Alex64
    5548 posts Member
    Maybe he decide to get serious and is trying for a real job.
    Good night, oh baby! Sleep tight, oh baby!
  • Hmmmm. I like him too, for one thing he’s one of the few that doesn’t curse like a sailor.

If you like PG content check out my channel, not trying to self promote but I think you might enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/CaveMiner
  • Anapoda
    741 posts Member
    For real, i swear if begging was considered a breach of Youtube's policy most channels would have to close. (please subscribe and click on my link to patreon!!)
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    u6vl9v45r4ob.gif

He misses you as well

4wR7.gif
  • Anapoda wrote: »
    Well, it says something like "This account has been terminated due to persistent or repeated breaches of YouTube's policies regarding spam, deceptive and misleading content, or other breaches of the Terms of Use" on his youtube page.

Don't know the details but apparently some shenanigans happened.

Ah! Now that you mentioned, you are right. At first I only look his channel from the mobile as the message you have mentioned did not appeared from that perspective. Though when I recently did look from the computer's perspective, I can now see that message. Thank you, @Anapoda!

It appears some shenanigans actually did happened as you suggested...If only we knew what it is, but we probably will never learn about it. What a shame! :disappointed:
  • Anapoda
    741 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    It appears some shenanigans actually did happened as you suggested...If only we knew what it is, but we probably will never learn about it. What a shame! :disappointed:

Oh don't you worry about that, i bet he's going to make a video explaining his version of things. That or on Twitter or whatever and there is always twitch.

I mean, that little business with youtube must represent quite a sharp drop in his income i dare to imagine so he can't afford to not do something.
  • Cave_Miner wrote: »
    Hmmmm. I like him too, for one thing he’s one of the few that doesn’t curse like a sailor.

If you like PG content check out my channel, not trying to self promote but I think you might enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/CaveMiner

I do, and I will. :)

• Anapoda wrote: »

Oh don't you worry about that, i bet he's going to make a video explaining his version of things. That or on Twitter or whatever and there is always twitch.

I mean, that little business with youtube must represent quite a sharp drop in his income i dare to imagine so he can't afford to not do something.

That makes sense. Gonna try to keep an eye out for a possible video or message on Twitch or Twitter with explanation about what happened to his YouTube channel. Once I do, I'll let you know here in this thread.

In case if any of you already has the answer before me, I will greatly appreciate if you post what you know here.
  • I heard there are issues regarding promoting Twitch on Youtube videos, maybe thats what happened? I do the same thing on Youtube lol.
  • IIPrest0nII
    3289 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Moved to Off-topic section
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • I heard there are issues regarding promoting Twitch on Youtube videos, maybe thats what happened? I do the same thing on Youtube lol.

Hmmmmm.......Interesting.
    ptu5aagl0xvr.jpeg
  • Moved to Off-topic section

Whoops! My bad. I suppose making threads about Youtubers even if they specialize in BF2 contents does not count. I'll keep this in mind the next time.
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1019 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I know if a firearm related channel has a link in their description on were to buy guns like linking to gun broker your channel can get banned.

Maybe he had links that Youtube didn't like in his descriptions.

I couldn't tell you why youtube would randomly shut down a gaming channel.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • FriedPizza773
    1141 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I finally took my time to look further into this topic...

I can now confirmed that Drax Gaming does have his Twitter account, and he already made his posts regarding about his terminated YouTube channel. It seems that it has been like this since numbers of past days before I have even noticed it myself. In fact, he mentioned that he found out about this terminated channel since June 24, and he doesn't even know why this happened as he is gutted and confused...not a single warning strike.

He also said that he working on to try to get his account back. Otherwise, he may only focus on Twitch in the future.

Judging by what's going on, I'm starting to worry about what YouTube has become now :cold_sweat:, though we still don't know the full backstory about why exactly this happened to his channel.
  • Great news! Drax Gaming finally got his channel back, and fully restored with all of his videos! :smiley:

It appears that his channel got close down by a...bot? The same bot that also denied drax's appeal...? WHAT THE HECK?!? :cold_sweat:

It sounds like YouTube was not actually responsible in termination of drax's channel, or at least not directly. I don't know if YouTube does deliberately create bots with intentions to control such large, countless number of videos and contents since they are far too many to handle, or perhaps a bot probably came out of nowhere from the "digital world" we know as Internet and decided to "come work for YouTube by closing down any channels it desires on behalf of the company" (without the company even realizing the situation), being such a mischievous little AI freak. Other than those, I really don't know. :confounded: