criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

BO4 or BFV?

I usually like to play solo - without any friends (i don't know many who are on PS4 as me as well).

I've been playing BF1 for year and a half, always playing with random squads and supporting them, without voice chats or anything.

Last COD I played was BO3 and I didn't even try the campaign - I'm all about multiplayer.

Do you think I should get BFV or go with BO4 this year? All I want is multiplayer and fun action.

Thanks.

Replies

• IronSoldier
    3228 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    BFV.

Had so much fun during the closed alpha. Feels much like an older title. Perhaps BC2 mixed with BF1.
  • You should try the betas for both games, then decide which you like better.
    But I do recommend BFV since you’ll get more than you’ll get in Black Ops 4 even with the same price. BFV has completely free DLC, while BO4 still sticks with a Season Pass.
    I’m getting Battlefield 5 since I prefer all the variety and space it offers as opposed to Call of Duty’s small maps and repetitive gameplay.
    Everything is proceeding as I have forseen.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I loved BO3 (only played multiplayer) and BF1.

Battlefield V is definitely gonna be fun. Black Ops 4 could be fun but it’s very uncertain.

@The_Senate
    Problem is the “private beta” for cod
  • The_Senate
    79 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Evazan127 wrote: »

Battlefield V is definitely gonna be fun. Black Ops 4 could be fun but it’s very uncertain.

@The_Senate
    Pre-order it, get beta code. Like it, buy it. Don’t like it, cancel pre-order and don’t buy it.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    The_Senate wrote: »

@The_Senate
    Pre-order it, get beta code. Like it, buy it. Don’t like it, cancel pre-order and don’t buy it.
    I could do that
  • Vespervin
    691 posts Member
    I would go for Black Ops 4 as Battlefield V is going to me more team orientated. From what I've heard it is going to be more difficult if you're a lone wolf player (something I am looking forward to, actually).

From what I've seen I am a little bit disappointed with Black Ops 4. It deserves being called Black Ops 3.5 because it looks just like Black Ops 3 with minor improvements and the removal of 'advanced movement'.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    I would go for Black Ops 4 as Battlefield V is going to me more team orientated. From what I've heard it is going to be more difficult if you're a lone wolf player (something I am looking forward to, actually).

From what I've seen I am a little bit disappointed with Black Ops 4. It deserves being called Black Ops 3.5 because it looks just like Black Ops 3 with minor improvements and the removal of 'advanced movement'.
    It seems to me like it is as drastic a change as cod could.

5v5, team-oriented, higher TTK + armor/health, rapid gameplay with water but w/o thrust jumps (what you mentioned) and major improvements to attachments.

Oh and like it or not Campaign is replaced with battle royale.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Im curious how the backlash may affect BF5. I love the battlefield series and I would hate to see it have a disastrous launch similar to BF2. The reveal trailer is currently setting at over 430k dislikes on YT.
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Im curious how the backlash may affect BF5. I love the battlefield series and I would hate to see it have a disastrous launch similar to BF2. The reveal trailer is currently setting at over 430k dislikes on YT.
    Doubt it will have a noticeable impact tbh. BFV’s backlash is mainly about historical accuracy. BF2’s backlash on the other hand was about pay to win, a really serious problem with a lot of video games.
  • Trooper8059
    10197 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Doubt it will have a noticeable impact tbh. BFV’s backlash is mainly about historical accuracy. BF2’s backlash on the other hand was about pay to win, a really serious problem with a lot of video games.

The way a game is presented still has the potential to be detrimental. Just look at Hardline, the lack of interest in the cops and robbers aspect resulted in a poor selling and an almost non-existent playerbase.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Thanks for the replies!

I really want to pick BF5. My main concern, however, is that I am a solo player and the BF series in general is a bit harsh to solo players as it's heavily team-oriented.

That didn't stop me from enjoying BF1 (have around 200 hours in it), but it was much easier to jump and run n' gun in BO3.
  • valeri0706 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies!

I really want to pick BF5. My main concern, however, is that I am a solo player and the BF series in general is a bit harsh to solo players as it's heavily team-oriented.

That didn't stop me from enjoying BF1 (have around 200 hours in it), but it was much easier to jump and run n' gun in BO3.
    If it’s really a big concern for you, you should wait until the open beta comes out to guarantee your choice.
  • The_Senate
    79 posts Member
    edited July 2018

The way a game is presented still has the potential to be detrimental. Just look at Hardline, the lack of interest in the cops and robbers aspect resulted in a poor selling and an almost non-existent playerbase.
    Hardline suffered from the cops and robbers theme, extreme lack of content, terrible imbalance, etc. BFV is obviously set in the military theme, is getting free DLC, and is changing a lot of core gameplay elements.
  • LaurenXIV
    444 posts Member

Its 2% historical accuracy, 98% politics :P Ive seen some of the things people have said, most really don't care about historical accuracy - its more of a convenient excuse to push their own political beliefs. As are many things, these days *sigh*

Either way, I see it to be a positive thing. Im undecided whether Ill be buying Battlefield V (ive never played a Battlefield game, I have a general dislike of shooters...) but they will be shedding most of the toxic fanbase if the players who have an issue with the character customization don't buy it - Im sure they would happily lose a few sales for a good reputation as a company, and a community with useful/constructive feedback instead of acting like... well, **** :P At the moment, I cant see it having any effect whatsoever, and even though I don't really have an interest in the game I would veerrryyyy much like to see it succeed :)
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Neither. Go with World War 3. Despite that being a terrible name for a video game.

Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member

Possibly, but historical accuracy matters to a lot of battlefield fans.
  • The_Senate
    79 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Maybe, probably not to the casual fans though.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited July 2018

The casuals is kinda who I referring to. Most of the major BF fans will probably get the game regardless. But if the game advertises as a WWII game but becomes something else with ridiculous inaccuracies, then the casuals may be the ones who decides not to buy. The harsh backlash over social media may also cause some casuals to pass on buying the game..
    But that’s just my opinion, I’ll guess we’ll haft to wait and see.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Neither. Go with World War 3. Despite that being a terrible name for a video game.

Can you explain why everyone is so hyped for this game?
  • bfloo
    14087 posts Member

The casuals is kinda who I referring to. Most of the major BF fans will probably get the game regardless. But if the game advertises as a WWII game but becomes something else with ridiculous inaccuracies, then the casuals may be the ones who decides not to buy. The harsh backlash over social media may also cause some casuals to pass on buying the game..
    But that’s just my opinion, I’ll guess we’ll haft to wait and see.

Hard to say, the Battlefield forums were making this forum look positive.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Evazan127 wrote: »

Going to guess a couple of reasons.

1 Its a new competitor in the market. People always like when there is a new competitor.
    While the game is set to be only released on Pc right now. Every one of the Farm 51s other games have been released on consoles. Necrovision, Deadfall Adventures , Painkiller Hell and Damnation, and get Even. They said it would come to consoles eventually.

The last game for consoles to compete with Battlefield on the large scale multiplayer war with tanks and other vehicles was I believe when Thq tried to with Homefront in 2011.

2 It looks like the Battlefield that people who like the battlefields set in the 21 century wanted. So that players of Battlefield 2 ,Bad company 2 , Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4.

3 Doesn't look sjw. This might be another factor with call of duty and Battlefield making a customization system that maybe goes to far in some cases.

Those are my guesses.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member

Going to guess a couple of reasons.

1 Its a new competitor in the market. People always like when there is a new competitor.
    While the game is set to be only released on Pc right now. Every one of the Farm 51s other games have been released on consoles. Necrovision, Deadfall Adventures , Painkiller **** and Damnation, and get Even. They said it would come to consoles eventually.

The last game for consoles to compete with Battlefield on the large scale multiplayer war with tanks and other vehicles was I believe when Thq tried to with Homefront in 2011.

2 It looks like the Battlefield that people who like the battlefields set in the 21 century wanted. So that players of Battlefield 2 ,Bad company 2 , Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4.

3 Doesn't look sjw. This might be another factor with call of duty and Battlefield making a customization system that maybe goes to far in some cases.

Those are my guesses.
    Thanks, that makes sense. I was just thinking the whole time looks like Battlefield 3/4 but I guess those games are old so people want something different.

• Evazan127 wrote: »
    Thanks, that makes sense. I was just thinking the whole time looks like Battlefield 3/4 but I guess those games are old so people want something different.

I am just hyped about it since its from The Farm 51. I have enjoyed all of their games and they just make the most random things.

Necrovision is a ww1 horror game but plays like serious sam and other old style arcady shooters.

DeadFall Adventures is a game based on some books from the 1890s.

Get even is an amazing physiological game.
  • xJstarx00
    494 posts Member
    Ill be getting Battlefield 5 Im just not interested in Black ops 4 from what I've seen of it.
  • IIPrest0nII
    3643 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I'm looking forward to play Battlefield V and Anthem :)
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines