criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

The Roadmap

Replies

• Mariobot21
    422 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Jimmy89 wrote: »
    this roadmap is betterqbgzperbvpqf.jpg

A if this road map good change commender Cody to captain Rex then it would be awesome if this was to be good but this better then the official
  • Jimmy89 wrote: »
    this roadmap is betterqbgzperbvpqf.jpg

Stop it "your breaking my heart! "

Lol back to swbf2 2004/5 lots better content and offline!
  • WarriorDeLaPaz
    46 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Locations, Locations, Locations, Locations :)
    Every wildfire starts with a spark.
  • lok
    986 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Ok,so is Fall` September? and winter is .. November - December?

And what is the new large scale mode?.....if it is conquest,why don`t they say?
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    tankertoad wrote: »
    It may not be dice's fault that the Dream $$Team forced the progression system or that they have a lower staff now because the executives told them to go to a new game.

It is dice's fault that I get a black screen of death when I leave a game. It is dice's fault that they can't balance for anything on Earth. it is dice's fault that they're more concerned about their 3 months off in a year with all their Swedish holidays and down time than working hard like most of the rest of the business world does.

And as dice sold themselves to the devil themselves. That's very much their fault.

Lol this reminds me of December people here saying it’s not their fault no one at Dice is working for a month so they couldn’t give any new information. Really? Biggest month of the year for sales and the company is shut down?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • The only solution is the boycott.

I'm a fan of Battlefield too but i won't buy the Battlefield V neither nothing more from DICE.

Not more i will pay for beta games neither lies of free DLCs.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Cahhmakt
    233 posts Member
    13 months from bf 15 release, we are getting less this time around
  • It's best to just enjoy the game for what it is and what's to come. Better than nothing.

That's very true, but I do understand people needing their moment to be frustrated that the content they've been waiting for isn't anywhere close to finished.

Personally I'm hoping that it's two seasons so that there's a chance we see this new game mode, Obi Wan and Grevious in September or October. I'm assuming they didn't split it along episode lines for no reason.
  • If the waits this long can we at least he bespin, scafic, and sullust added to GA
  • If the waits this long can we at least he bespin, scafic, and sullust added to GA

All modes, as well as plenty of maps for Extraction
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    The only solution is the boycott.

I'm a fan of Battlefield too but i won't buy the Battlefield V neither nothing more from DICE.

Not more i will pay for beta games neither lies of free DLCs.

If Battlefield V launch flops, you can be sure this game will definitely have no chance to be saved. EA will just say no to Battlefront and that's it. The biggest chance for Battlefront 2 to get their devs back and get back to actually working well in the game, is if Battlefield V actually does good.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

I know I'm late to the party, but this is awesome news! :smiley:
    Geronimo!
  • Does the roadmap include a fix for the SOUND bug that's been in the game since LAUNCH that I just had three times in the past hour. Why can't you fix it? It's gamebreaking with no sound, massive dissadvantage and I'm sick of it. I've logged numerous bug reports and NOTHING is done to fix it.
  • What about the large scale arcade mode?
  • I am happy to see this, no matter how long time it will take - for once i know what your making instead of these ***** rumors about your work! So i can't wait to play this in the future, and can't wait to see the cusomization for the clonetroppers!
  • Was going to spend money now I'm not.

But 2004 2005 battlefront is so much better than this ea dice star wars games. And by this I mean respawn entertainment I will not touch your game because of this one. Nothing from ea! You will never ever see my money again Hahahaaaa!

The only ones making excuses for this now must be YouTubers and friends and family of the devs.
  • zzzz... everyone... just remember how EA DICE support their games... ( when you think about buying the next one )

LIVE service...

More like DEAD service.

• Can we get a roadmap to the bug fixes? Crait's return? DirectX 12's return? Sound bug fix? Lag fix? Crash fix?

Bueller...…….Bueller...……...Bueller...…………..Bueller...………...Bueller...…………...
  • DeNeher0
    95 posts Member
    Have their been specific dates announced for the July additions? I'm anxious for the hero/villain starfighter mode so I can level faster.
  • Man it’s going to wired see Vader fight Anakin like basically fight himself can’t wait
  • DeNeher0 wrote: »
    Have their been specific dates announced for the July additions? I'm anxious for the hero/villain starfighter mode so I can level faster.

Ben tweeted that a few days ago, he said the patch notes were completed and there was a community transmission ready to go, which only happens when they're close to release. So, I'm expecting it'll be sometime this week, commencing the 2nd July.

Hang fire, I might be able to find the tweet.
  • Can we get a roadmap to the bug fixes? Crait's return? DirectX 12's return? Sound bug fix? Lag fix? Crash fix?

The roadmap exists to show content, not bug fixes. There is, however, going to be an update very soon, and there's a community transmission that's ready to be published soon.

@DeNeher0 As promised, here's the tweet confirming my date suspicions.

• KlownShueS wrote: »
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    Was going to spend money now I'm not.

But 2004 2005 battlefront is so much better than this ea dice star wars games. And by this I mean respawn entertainment I will not touch your game because of this one. Nothing from ea! You will never ever see my money again Hahahaaaa!

The only ones making excuses for this now must be YouTubers and friends and family of the devs.

This game is good but lacks content(corusant, mustufar, genosis, padme, jango, grevious, doku, Obi Wan, anakin etc....). To be honest this game have potential but that potential is kinda wasted. Battlefront 2004 and 2005 were really good but games that were incomplete in a sense, Star Wars battlefront 2017 could surpassed it but doesn’t look it will. I kinda wish Star Wars battlefront 2017 becomes better then 2005 but it might not which is embrassing since you could just copy 2005 maps, modes etc..... but add better graphics and controls and people would be happy but they don’t think ever. EA please use your head for once. Also who else bought battlefront 2004 and 2005?

I so wished 2017 was much better than 2005 but it's no where close and it's sad. I really believe 2015 is better than 2017. 2004 is better also. It's just sad.

But BFII is already so much better than BF2015, and absolutely thrashes the OG BF games (they were great for their time, but that's it). By the end of the year when all of the confirmed stuff has released the improvement of the game will be massive, we just have to wait a bit longer than expected for it. Just means more time for progression.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

Anyone? Anyone?
  • KlownShueS wrote: »

This game is good but lacks content(corusant, mustufar, genosis, padme, jango, grevious, doku, Obi Wan, anakin etc....). To be honest this game have potential but that potential is kinda wasted. Battlefront 2004 and 2005 were really good but games that were incomplete in a sense, Star Wars battlefront 2017 could surpassed it but doesn’t look it will. I kinda wish Star Wars battlefront 2017 becomes better then 2005 but it might not which is embrassing since you could just copy 2005 maps, modes etc..... but add better graphics and controls and people would be happy but they don’t think ever. EA please use your head for once. Also who else bought battlefront 2004 and 2005?

I so wished 2017 was much better than 2005 but it's no where close and it's sad. I really believe 2015 is better than 2017. 2004 is better also. It's just sad.

But BFII is already so much better than BF2015, and absolutely thrashes the OG BF games (they were great for their time, but that's it). By the end of the year when all of the confirmed stuff has released the improvement of the game will be massive, we just have to wait a bit longer than expected for it. Just means more time for progression.

Well I really don't feel this way. Where is the large game mode offline? I don't like to talk about this but the game is riddled with bugs. But really where is the large offline battles? Isn't that the heart of battlefronts? Even the 2 PSP games have that.
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member

Well I really don't feel this way. Where is the large game mode offline? I don't like to talk about this but the game is riddled with bugs. But really where is the large offline battles? Isn't that the heart of battlefronts? Even the 2 PSP games have that.

What is so great about them being specifically offline? I can't play classic BF2 for more then 10 minutes without getting bored. You spawn in, strafe and shoot what was it 7 dudes? Get the award rifle and just slaughter everyone else. Oh and throw in a bit of nade spam.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

What is so great about them being specifically offline? I can't play classic BF2 for more then 10 minutes without getting bored. You spawn in, strafe and shoot what was it 7 dudes? Get the award rifle and just slaughter everyone else. Oh and throw in a bit of nade spam.

Exactly.

Yeah, the bugs in BFII are bad, but they're gonna get fixed and aren't stopping me from playing good. Fortunately, we have this platform to communicate with the devs in improving the game.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I want private match so I can play GA offline and explore the map.
  • Next heroes should be:
    Ahsoka Tano and Asaaj Ventress
    Padme Amidala and Aurra Sing
  • Tyjames
    807 posts Member
    Wow. So we’re getting two new maps for the whole year? While we had about a dozen with battlefront 1.

I’ve really lost interest in the last few weeks, which is still more interest than EA has in this game. Might pick up again when the new hero’s drop. Definitely won’t be spending any cash on this game now. I have 160,000 credits atm that should be good to purchase the hero’s.

• Ristardo
    132 posts Member
    We need some 2015 Maps to fill this void till November.
    Survivors of Endor is already in the game (ewok hunt) just make it GA playable.

"Negative uproar against adding old maps" This was before we knew about Geonosis and that question seemed like DICE were trying to cop out of doing new content in favour of porting old maps, So naturally there was some kind of uproar.

But now we know when Geonosis is coming we need more GA maps to fill the void seeing as it was clearly pushed back again.

GA is were the player base is at. Stop neglecting it, otherwise no one will be around come November.
  • Draxin
    249 posts Member
    [/quote]What is so great about them being specifically offline? I can't play classic BF2 for more then 10 minutes without getting bored. You spawn in, strafe and shoot what was it 7 dudes? Get the award rifle and just slaughter everyone else. Oh and throw in a bit of nade spam.[/quote]

Are you forgetting the possibility some people don't have internet? Or just don't like playing online?

Hi.
  • Ristardo wrote: »
    We need some 2015 Maps to fill this void till November.
    Survivors of Endor is already in the game (ewok hunt) just make it GA playable.

"Negative uproar against adding old maps" This was before we knew about Geonosis and that question seemed like DICE were trying to cop out of doing new content in favour of porting old maps, So naturally there was some kind of uproar.

But now we know when Geonosis is coming we need more GA maps to fill the void seeing as it was clearly pushed back again.

GA is were the player base is at. Stop neglecting it, otherwise no one will be around come November.

Some people only play SA, some people only play HvV, some people only play Blast and / or Extraction, some people play all modes, etc. Conquest will draw in a lot of players. GA isn't the only mode people play. Gotta see the bigger picture. And plenty of players will still be in BFII for a long time to come.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    Draxin wrote: »
    What is so great about them being specifically offline? I can't play classic BF2 for more then 10 minutes without getting bored. You spawn in, strafe and shoot what was it 7 dudes? Get the award rifle and just slaughter everyone else. Oh and throw in a bit of nade spam.[/quote]

Are you forgetting the possibility some people don't have internet? Or just don't like playing online?

[/quote]

Are you forgetting the possibility of slaughtering predictable and easy to beat bots as not being enjoyable for more then 10 minutes?
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Ristardo
    132 posts Member
    100% agree people play and or like different modes, but for me who plays this game nearly everyday on xbox in the Australian region.

If i search for GA game i get one. If i search for any other game mode i load into a empty lobby and either wait 20 minutes for someone to join or I end up quiting and go back to GA.

The thing that concerns me is i noticed i used see different people everygame i played. now i see the same Gamertags playing everyday. This on the back of the Geonisis news is not a good sign.

i play in my region only, and if game lag wasnt so bad latelty id try other regions. I love this game but even i'm getting bored with it, and i thought i'd never say that.

• Kerle
    427 posts Member
    Ristardo wrote: »
    100% agree people play and or like different modes, but for me who plays this game nearly everyday on xbox in the Australian region.

If i search for GA game i get one. If i search for any other game mode i load into a empty lobby and either wait 20 minutes for someone to join or I end up quiting and go back to GA.

The thing that concerns me is i noticed i used see different people everygame i played. now i see the same Gamertags playing everyday. This on the back of the Geonisis news is not a good sign.

i play in my region only, and if game lag wasnt so bad latelty id try other regions. I love this game but even i'm getting bored with it, and i thought i'd never say that.

My best guess would be that the MM problems are on their side, not hte size of the playerbase
    The PC Community probably has less than 5% of the BF2 players, but yet I dont have any problems finding matches for all modes in an instant, no matter what time of the day. I know for sure that even if Im sitting in the middle of europe, Im getting matched with people from the US. So the matchmaking seems to be region preferred, but overregional than needed.

Having trouble finding lobbies on console makes absolutely no sense when it comes to the number of avaibable players. But I often seen threads like this, also on AnswerHQ, from people living in countries like South Africa.

Ofc it sucks for you, but its "sadly" not due to a lack of players.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.

[/quote]

Are you forgetting the possibility of slaughtering predictable and easy to beat bots as not being enjoyable for more then 10 minutes?[/quote]

Do you forget the fact what is boring for you isn't for everyone? I really don't enjoy "playing" with others not because I'm bad at it but I'm average. I just don't like playing games with 80% of players. It's boring to me. I don't see why people want to be entertained by playing a video game with strangers. If I want to play with strangers I'll.... Well I won't it's creepy to me because it's like being in a middle eastern country again. You don't know what their saying but you know it's up to no good.

So by claiming something to be boring for everyone is a matter of opinion. From a certain point of view. I find it exciting. But it's not for everyone.

But lack of content is the overall issue with this game.
  • I would say the problem with the OG BFs is the treatment of heroes. Fine with them being less central but heroes as a timed power-up(and an AI controlled one in BF04 at that) is a terrible idea.

Fortunately you can turn it off in BF2, but I don't think the controls have aged particularly well in those games, everyone just feels kind of slow. Plus partner AI is all over the place. Some games you'll win in minutes, other your team just throws themselves into the line of fire and it's a slaughter.

Plus let's not pretend that the off-line content was all that great. All this current game needs to have the same amount of content is a large scale mode that includes vehicles and that is coming, though regretfully not as soon as i'd like.

I bought BF2 recently just because of all the hype and it's....okay. I don't think it compared well to the hype, but it's not horrible by any means, but the sluggish movements, incredibly inconsistent partner and enemy AI, pointless modes(what the hell is hunt about anyway?). and dumb treatment of heroes(I should be a hero until I'm killed, not for 30 seconds at a time when I score enough points), kind of hold it back. Maybe I just let the game be built up too much for me or maybe it hasn't aged well, either way I think it' s a fun game but wouldn't choose it over the current one in most instances.

There also isn't a lack of content. Plenty of maps(especially compared to BF2005), same amount of heroes as those games, hero ships which weren't in that game, the problem is that the new content is just coming too slowly,

[/quote]

Are you forgetting the possibility of slaughtering predictable and easy to beat bots as not being enjoyable for more then 10 minutes?[/quote]

You totally missed his point. I myself enjoy playing split-screen because I can chill and play with my family and my friends and because my internet connection sucks, there are more reasons but I won't count them all now. If you don't enjoy it don't play it simple as that, I respect that. There are people who do enjoy it and who do want it, respect that.

By the way I don't emjoy arcade right now either, but that is because it's bad right now. That's why we want a large scale mode, they did it in Bf1 and I loved it.
  • Ciena_Ree
    910 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Empire_TW wrote: »

You totally missed his point. I myself enjoy playing split-screen because I can chill and play with my family and my friends and because my internet connection sucks, there are more reasons but I won't count them all now. If you don't enjoy it don't play it simple as that, I respect that. There are people who do enjoy it and who do want it, respect that.

By the way I don't emjoy arcade right now either, but that is because it's bad right now. That's why we want a large scale mode, they did it in Bf1 and I loved it.[/quote]

———————————————

The trouble with that though is that the AI in Battlefront 2005 was much more limited because the game was much more simple. Stand in a circle, take an objective. I don’t think heroes spawned in on the AI team either, if I recall.

In Battlefront 2017, the gameplay objectives for the AI are so much more advanced. They’d need to be programmed to interact with launchers, learn how to get into a position to fire the launcher at the target, and then focus all fire on the transports. Or, they’d need to learn how to interact with pressable objectives.

Let’s not give too much credit to 2005’s AI, because it really wasn’t all that skilled on any difficulty, and it only barely knew what to do. The player drove everything that happened, like they didn’t land starfighter in enemy capital ships, you had to wait for them to fill your transport and then spawn in on the other side. They didn’t target objectives, just troopers. It’s the same in 2017, but more complex.

I don’t know if you’ll ever get a Galactic Assault style game, or even one that works like Starfighter Assault. I think the closest you’ll get is something like Supremacy, death match type game modes like Blast, so on. Nothing too complex. As for Heroes, I don’t even think they have any AI programming, so that’s likely a nonstarter.

So I’d say, don’t expect many advances over Battlefront 2005’s offline content. Remember, even though there was a lot, it was limited to a few basic game modes of capturing flags and having players destroy objectives in space. The AI always took the backseat and just killed troopers/took points. I think more Arcade will come, but implementing multiplayer modes with capable bots, that might be too far.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    SVEJ wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

BOBA FETT 8000 CREDITS IN PREQUEL MAPS?? DOESNT MAKE SENSE HE WAS ALIVE DURING KAMINO AND ONWARD.

Haha.... he was a child then, so that doesn’t really make sense. Using your logic, do you Luke and Leia should also be less than 8000 since they were babies in Episode 3? :sweat_smile:
  • cross play between xbox and computer and ps4 please
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    bf2 supposedly had 3 times the content of bf2015 at launch. but about now they would have had 2 dlcs out outer rim and bespin both added new guns, star cards, maps. we only have gotten one new map for GA which was crait. even the other maps added in solo DLC were only limited to a few select modes.