criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

The Roadmap

Replies

• It's nice that there's finally a roadmap, but this is pretty pathetic. They keep concentrating on everything unimportant to most of us, and ignoring the largest parts of the game. I mean, who the heck plays Starfighters? Like 20%, if that. GA is by far the most important and popular mode in the game, and it just keeps getting ignored. One new GA map is extremely pathetic, and Winter, could mean just about anytime. This game has been out for almost a year. There should have been at least 3-4 new GA maps by now. Disappointing to say the least. Probably why i've moved on to other games, and spend very little time with this game anymore.
  • More maps for Galactic Assault and Strike, please!

Yeah i can't figure out why they just ignore GA so much. It's like they have no clue what mode is most popular. So instead we get unimportant stuff, that no one really cares about smh. I'm starting to think they don't even understand their own game, and if i read between the lines on this roadmap, i see "we have more important things to work on".
  • StarWars0525
    2601 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Tyjames wrote: »
    Wow. So we’re getting two new maps for the whole year? While we had about a dozen with battlefront 1.

I’ve really lost interest in the last few weeks, which is still more interest than EA has in this game. Might pick up again when the new hero’s drop. Definitely won’t be spending any cash on this game now. I have 160,000 credits atm that should be good to purchase the hero’s.

Battlefront 1 we got 4 big maps, about 12 small maps and four space maps in one year worth of DLC so we need get a lot more and so far this year we got two reuse maps that are small, one small map and one big. Don’t forget to take into consideration the lack of developers on battlefront 2 due to games like battlefield.
  • By the time all these things are done I wonder how many people will actually be playing this game. I've taken a break and will do so till Grev/Obi come out. Would love to have an online player counter or show how many are active online.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • By the time all these things are done I wonder how many people will actually be playing this game. I've taken a break and will do so till Grev/Obi come out. Would love to have an online player counter or show how many are active online.

I used to ply 6 hours a day last week and beyond but now only a hour. Loved the game but not much to do as they were at launch. Hope soon we get more in the game.
  • Tyjames
    807 posts Member
    By the time all these things are done I wonder how many people will actually be playing this game. I've taken a break and will do so till Grev/Obi come out. Would love to have an online player counter or show how many are active online.

I used to ply 6 hours a day last week and beyond but now only a hour. Loved the game but not much to do as they were at launch. Hope soon we get more in the game.

Similarly I play once a week now instead of daily. But I doubt there will be any change in content game is getting minimal attention. Although I’m sure the devs ar putting their all, ea has taken away resources for anything really meaningful.
  • DICE. In 7 pages of complaining, let me be the first to THANK YOU for providing a roadmap. (I'm sure that's not true, but I'm not reading 7 pages)

Anyhoo... I'm hoping the stuff that's not on the roadmap are things like:

• More BF2015 maps, especially for Starfighter Assault and Extraction. Sullust and Jabba's Garage, please.
    • New Dark Side ships... since we are getting a SFA Hero mode, let me remind you that the DS are under-manned. So... Dengar, Grievous, Jango, Bossk... they've all got cool ships, hint, hint.
    • More BF2015 Heroes... come on. Greedo and Nein Nunb would be so easy to add. I know, cuz I'm guessing.

If any of the above come this month and next, I'll be totally happy with what you fine folks are doing with this game. If not, well... I've got other things to play until Winter (I'm eying you OnRush and Spider-man).
  • Ciena_Ree
    910 posts Member
    DICE. In 7 pages of complaining, let me be the first to THANK YOU for providing a roadmap. (I'm sure that's not true, but I'm not reading 7 pages)

• More BF2015 maps, especially for Starfighter Assault and Extraction. Sullust and Jabba's Garage, please.
    • New Dark Side ships... since we are getting a SFA Hero mode, let me remind you that the DS are under-manned. So... Dengar, Grievous, Jango, Bossk... they've all got cool ships, hint, hint.
    • More BF2015 Heroes... come on. Greedo and Nein Nunb would be so easy to add. I know, cuz I'm guessing.

If any of the above come this month and next, I'll be totally happy with what you fine folks are doing with this game. If not, well... I've got other things to play until Winter (I'm eying you OnRush and Spider-man).

So let me ask you this, knowing the state of the game, how it's laughed at in the gaming world. Still used as the game that brought lockboxes to the front and even EA say they made a mistake with this game. Why o why would they do a roadmap and leave things off that you've mentioned?

Since you've read the 7 pages of "complaints" that the roadmap sucks, wouldn't it have been a great PR move and a show that EA/ DICE still care about this game ( I think deep down even the defenders know they don't, but hey)by adding in all the stuff you've mentioned in say something like, I don't know,a roadmap????

Your thanks fall in deaf ears methinks.

And even if they don't and they appreciate the thanks, that's all you will get, a thanks back. Try playing with that thanks for the next 6 months, it's all you will have.

I'm playing with that thanks, not having too much trouble with the friends I played the game with at launch. And by the way, I'm not sure what this six months thing is, 'cause Ben posted on reddit that they classify September as the start of Fall, with specific dates to come in the next roadmap in August.

So, two months.
  • DICE. In 7 pages of complaining, let me be the first to THANK YOU for providing a roadmap. (I'm sure that's not true, but I'm not reading 7 pages)

So let me ask you this, knowing the state of the game, how it's laughed at in the gaming world. Still used as the game that brought lockboxes to the front and even EA say they made a mistake with this game. Why o why would they do a roadmap and leave things off that you've mentioned?

Since you've read the 7 pages of "complaints" that the roadmap sucks, wouldn't it have been a great PR move and a show that EA/ DICE still care about this game ( I think deep down even the defenders know they don't, but hey)by adding in all the stuff you've mentioned in say something like, I don't know,a roadmap????

And even if they don't and they appreciate the thanks, that's all you will get, a thanks back. Try playing with that thanks for the next 6 months, it's all you will have.

Well, someone's cranky.

Let me ask you this: They said they've left things off the roadmap. If it's NOT the things I mentioned, what could they have possibly left off then? The MOST likely things left off are old maps and characters. Right? Or am I foolish in thinking the things they left off the roadmap are brand new modes and such? Trophies? I have no idea.
  • Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    DICE. In 7 pages of complaining, let me be the first to THANK YOU for providing a roadmap. (I'm sure that's not true, but I'm not reading 7 pages)

I'm playing with that thanks, not having too much trouble with the friends I played the game with at launch. And by the way, I'm not sure what this six months thing is, 'cause Ben posted on reddit that they classify September as the start of Fall, with specific dates to come in the next roadmap in August.

So, two months.

Oh sorry, didn't know they'd sent you a thanks for your numerous thanking them posts. Glad you're enjoying the thanks you got then.

And yes, they may classify the start of Fall as September, but if you think that's when the good stuff will drop, well at least you've still got that thanks to enjoy because if they got a modicum of sense, they'll drop some stuff when Red dead released and some when cod's released. None when BF 5 is released, but by then, who cares really. EA don't.
  • Ciena_Ree
    910 posts Member
    Ciena_Ree wrote: »

So, two months.

Oh sorry, didn't know they'd sent you a thanks for your numerous thanking them posts. Glad you're enjoying the thanks you got then.

And yes, they may classify the start of Fall as September, but if you think that's when the good stuff will drop, well at least you've still got that thanks to enjoy because if they got a modicum of sense, they'll drop some stuff when Red dead released and some when cod's released. None when BF 5 is released, but by then, who cares really. EA don't.

It's quite alright, apology accepted! And could I ask why it is you seem to be implying that everyone in the world only has room for one game in their life? Like, I enjoy Battlefront, there's no doubt. But I also play Dragon Age Inquisition, am in the process of completing Phantom Pain, dabble in SWTOR and so on, to name a few. You don't really believe that people choose one game and play it non-stop forever until another game they like comes out to replace it, do you?
  • I think the six months is most people assuming that both of these updates would be one season.
    I'd rather have had them both in one large fall season(who wouldn't, right?)

But if I can't have that I'd rather have two separate season so that I can enjoy part of the content while waiting on the other.

I assume they were divided along episode lines for a reason.
  • Ciena_Ree
    910 posts Member
    I think the six months is most people assuming that both of these updates would be one season.
    I'd rather have had them both in one large fall season(who wouldn't, right?)

But if I can't have that I'd rather have two separate season so that I can enjoy part of the content while waiting on the other.

I assume they were divided along episode lines for a reason.

True enough! I'd have loved it myself, having Geonosis sooner would've been absolutely wonderful, but it seems the large-scale game mode is advertised in Fall as well, not Winter, so either that means a different mode, or we'll have more maps than just that one.

I mean, otherwise Conquest might be a bit empty, being released with no maps if it's supposed debut is Geonosis.

Still, I just couldn't get my head around this six months being bandied around, since we were essentially told we would be getting content in Fall, which isn't actually in six months. Was a bit confusing. =3

Well, someone's cranky.

Let me ask you this: They said they've left things off the roadmap. If it's NOT the things I mentioned, what could they have possibly left off then? The MOST likely things left off are old maps and characters. Right? Or am I foolish in thinking the things they left off the roadmap are brand new modes and such? Trophies? I have no idea.

Okay, let's say it is old maps and characters, once again why leave it off a roadmap? You do know what a roadmap is, its to say what they're doing with the game.

Granted, they mentioed other things will be added, but once again ask yourself this, if it's big and substantial such as maps and characters, why not put it on the roadmap?

Look at launch and look at 7 months later the amount of DLC content received, why would they add significant content not in a roadmap with little to no income from the game to produce said content?

I'm sorry mate, hope and positivity is one thing, blind, blinkered faith is something else.

Too many on these forums seem to be still denial about this game and it's future. I'm noticing more and more defenders are starting to get enlightenment though.

My advice, if you're enjoying the game then enjoy. You don't need the forums or what's happening tomorrow if today you've happy.
    [ You don't really believe that people choose one game and play it non-stop forever until another game they like comes out to replace it, do you?

And here I thought you knew your fellow defenders.
  • Ciena_Ree
    910 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    [ You don't really believe that people choose one game and play it non-stop forever until another game they like comes out to replace it, do you?

Snide, evasive answers that don't address a genuine question does you no credit, you know.

I would say I've not really defended anything, I just said I enjoy the game, that's it. Also that I play other games too. Though if that's a defense, alright then.
  • UrbanGlitch
    3391 posts Member

So, two months.

It's quite alright, apology accepted! And could I ask why it is you seem to be implying that everyone in the world only has room for one game in their life? Like, I enjoy Battlefront, there's no doubt. But I also play Dragon Age Inquisition, am in the process of completing Phantom Pain, dabble in SWTOR and so on, to name a few. You don't really believe that people choose one game and play it non-stop forever until another game they like comes out to replace it, do you?

And that’s the problem, as a dev/company, you want players playing your game, not others. So when people refer to the roadmap as if it’s the only game you play, that’s how the game should be managed and controlled: It’s the only game they want you to play!
    So when you have to wait for content spread over 6 months, you are most likely going to play other games, meaning this game is being played.
    (Hope that makes some sense)

Snide, evasive answers that don't address a genuine question does you no credit, you know.

I would say I've not really defended anything, I just said I enjoy the game, that's it. Also that I play other games too. Though if that's a defense, alright then.

And you think I'm after credit? From whom? Faceless forumites? It maybe what you want but it's not something I need or want.

Oh and being facetious is up there with my being snide no? :wink:
  • Ciena_Ree
    910 posts Member

So, two months.

And that’s the problem, as a dev/company, you want players playing your game, not others. So when people refer to the roadmap as if it’s the only game you play, that’s how the game should be managed and controlled: It’s the only game they want you to play!
    So when you have to wait for content spread over 6 months, you are most likely going to play other games, meaning this game is being played.

Yup, I hear ya, and I definitely understand you! It's just I don't really quite get it? I know pretty much any company would love for you to buy and use solely their product, but people do use other stuff as well.

The way I see it is a lot like having your favourite meal, every day, forever - I know I'd be absolutely sick of it after maybe a week or two. It's that variety that I enjoy a lot, and I think that most other people like too. I'd absolutely loathe being locked into only playing one game, no matter what, with no recourse to play another one occasionally too.

The Mass Effect trilogy happens to be my all-time favourite video games, but even those games I'd be absolutely fed up with after a month, even with all their variety of choices and such. Being able to swap and play whatever you fancy doesn't have to mean you'll put something down forever and never use it again.

So, two months.

Yup, I hear ya, and I definitely understand you! It's just I don't really quite get it? I know pretty much any company would love for you to buy and use solely their product, but people do use other stuff as well.

The way I see it is a lot like having your favourite meal, every day, forever - I know I'd be absolutely sick of it after maybe a week or two. It's that variety that I enjoy a lot, and I think that most other people like too. I'd absolutely loathe being locked into only playing one game, no matter what, with no recourse to play another one occasionally too.

The Mass Effect trilogy happens to be my all-time favourite video games, but even those games I'd be absolutely fed up with after a month, even with all their variety of choices and such. Being able to swap and play whatever you fancy doesn't have to mean you'll put something down forever and never use it again.

And that's it, you don't get it. 7 months without meaningful content and then told it's going to be between 3-6 months before meaningful content is fully released not including any inevitable delays.

Think Fortnite could go 7 months without content and then say 3-6 months before meaningful content? What about GTA5?

Mass effect trilogy is primarily a single player game so you can leave and come back and play whenever you want. Think you can do the same with this game? Poor comparison.

Don't get me wrong, this game wont die as in no one playing, but come October onwards, with so many new games out, as you've said already people will be playing, why play this?

Oh wait, it's Star wars.
  • A little underwhelming. 1 map, 1 gamemode, and a few cosmetics over the span of an entire year? There is so much potential? What a waste, cant' say I'm not surprised after the battlefront 1 release and outcome. Also, PC is literally a ghost town. Sad
  • Okay, let's say it is old maps and characters, once again why leave it off a roadmap? You do know what a roadmap is, its to say what they're doing with the game.

Granted, they mentioed other things will be added, but once again ask yourself this, if it's big and substantial such as maps and characters, why not put it on the roadmap?

I've got 2 words for you: Cloud City. Oh, here's two more: Ewok Hunt. Oh, and two more: Burning Endor. All were maps/modes added that just came out of nowhere. And guess what... maps from 2015. If EA/DICE believe that their offerings are skimpy, they can easily pad the months in-between with 2015 content. Will it happen? Who knows. Can it happen? Yeah. It certainly can. Extraction NEEDS more maps. And the easiest way to fill that mode is with Jabba's Garage and Sorosuub Refinery (and Pipeline, but I don't love that map)—maps that are already done and made specifically for that game mode. And long ago, Ben or Dennis or someone DID say they'd be dropping maps/content with the patches in-between the main seasons.

And why would they leave them off the roadmap? Simply because their plans are not final. They might be working on some older maps to get them ready and tested properly before announcing anything instead of saying Scarif is coming in July only to find out that it is hopelessly broken with Boba Fett's jetpack and further angering you.
  • Okay here's 2 words for you, time and resources.

It's not like porting maps is a flick of a switch you know. Where's the money coming from for these stuff?

I'll give you props for your enthusiasm, hope and faith and you're right they could do all that you've said, however what baffles me in the 8 months that the game has been released, can anyone tell me where this optimism comes from?

What is it with Star Wars and BF that this type of faith is warranted?

In the end, all you've said they could do should be in a roadmap simple as that. This roadmap is rubbish so any extras that could be added, should be and if it cannot be because of cost, staff or some other thing, then it shouts to me problems at mill.

• Ciena_Ree
    910 posts Member

So, two months.

And that's it, you don't get it. 7 months without meaningful content and then told it's going to be between 3-6 months before meaningful content is fully released not including any inevitable delays.

Think Fortnite could go 7 months without content and then say 3-6 months before meaningful content? What about GTA5?

Mass effect trilogy is primarily a single player game so you can leave and come back and play whenever you want. Think you can do the same with this game? Poor comparison.

Don't get me wrong, this game wont die as in no one playing, but come October onwards, with so many new games out, as you've said already people will be playing, why play this?

Oh wait, it's Star wars.

I mean I think you've just answered pretty much your own question. It's Star Wars, and so it'll keep fans coming back simply for the reason that it has what other games don't. I won't be playing the game non-stop, I'll probably also give Battlefield V a look-in after a few months when the kinks and some balancing has occurred, might get Red Dead, far more likely I'll be doing another playthrough of Dragon Age Inquisition, possibly Mass Effect.

I can't comment on Fortnite, really. Don't really enjoy it, not my style, so I shan't be passing a judgement. As far as I'm aware their content is just skins though, some objects and weapons, not brand new modes? Spawn in, kill people, get first place or don't. Seems a tad bit more simple than games like Battlefield, Battlefront or even Call of Duty. GTA V, sure, I could see the comparison.

Also, I would say Mass Effect isn't really a poor comparison for the point I was making, which was simply that nobody wants to play only one game forever, they've got plenty of room to have other ones. That's my thoughts, anyways, such as they are.

So, two months.

This is why so much disappointment all the time..firstly he said "may" classify fall starting then...may is not will

Secondly, it does not matter one iota when they say fall or winter starts as they never said anything will be released at the START of the season. They said sometime DURING the season the content wilould become available...so once again 3 to 5 mths for fall stuff and 6 to 8 months winter stuff
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    regarding other games to play I posted this on another thread but i think its valid for this discussion as well. I play or intend to play the below games in the coming months. bf2 will surely be added to the list but there are too many other legitimate games to play that probably would be ahead of it.

Dark souls 3, bloodborne, dark souls remastered, Detroit become human, dishonored 2 death of outsider, horizon zero dawn frozen wilds, God of war, street fighter 5, tekken 7, nba live 19, darksiders 3, red dead redemption 2, shadow of the colossus remastered, wolfenstein 2, assassins creed origins, nier automata, nioh, deus ex, mankind divided, hitman, metal gear solid 5, dragon age inquisition, mass effect andromeda, diablo 3, ratchet and clank, doom, rise of the tombraider, final fantasy 15, witcher 3 wild hunt (still my favorite game on this generation), the evil within, fallout 4 (still not competed full run)
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    regarding other games to play I posted this on another thread but i think its valid for this discussion as well. I play or intend to play the below games in the coming months. bf2 will surely be added to the list but I've got little incentive to play it u til the new content drops.

Dark souls 3, bloodborne, dark souls remastered, Detroit become human, dishonored 2 death of outsider, horizon zero dawn frozen wilds, God of war, street fighter 5, tekken 7, nba live 19, darksiders 3, red dead redemption 2, shadow of the colossus remastered, wolfenstein 2, assassins creed origins, nier automata, nioh, deus ex, mankind divided, hitman, metal gear solid 5, dragon age inquisition, mass effect andromeda, diablo 3, ratchet and clank, doom, rise of the tombraider, final fantasy 15, witcher 3 wild hunt (still my favorite game on this generation), the evil within, fallout 4 (still not competed full run)

Lots of great games on that list. Lots I've played or still on my list.

However this helps EA and others how if you're playing them and not this?

Isn't this the point, people leaving now or people saying they're coming back in September or October or November or whenever means less population now and more people saying sod it come fall.

One thing people aren't mentioning is what's for next year? Where's the funding coming from? I think the hardcover are too scared to ask.

Oh and I'm all for playing other games, I'm playing Nioh ATM, 200hrs on it. NG+ on Witcher 3 and 3rd run of the last of us. Will I come back when new heroes are released? Nope, because I need more than same maps but 2 heroes that everyone will be clambering to okay for .

• staleh
    20 posts Member
    Thanks for posting the roadmap. Now we have an idea of what to expect.
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    yeah they just need to add some real new content I mean I'll play this game again but my run with it usually only lasts a week or 2 before I get bored and go on to something else. the roadmap is nice because it gives some hope still that things are being added and i dont have to totally uninstall the game. though it does take 90Gb on my ps4 harddrive that is running out of space quickly. I already removed battlefield 1 because it was taking a lot of space and I was barely playing it.
  • Llunotts wrote: »
    Good job at least. Disapointed on knowing that we will only get one planet.
  • Road map straight to the grave. At least bother fixing lag spikes, stutter and disconnects that you brought with your little Crait update before an actual update, i doubt there will be fixing that. Played just fine before.
  • Crabodin wrote: »
    Road map straight to the grave. At least bother fixing lag spikes, stutter and disconnects that you brought with your little Crait update before an actual update, i doubt there will be fixing that. Played just fine before.
    Llunotts wrote: »
    Good job at least. Disapointed on knowing that we will only get one planet.

Read the disclaimer please
  • Appreciate the input. I hope adding Jyn Erso, Scarif, Shore Trooper appearance, and Krennic are part of future updates.
  • Appreciate the input. I hope adding Jyn Erso, Scarif, Shore Trooper appearance, and Krennic are part of future updates.

Agree except kreenic anf jyn. Feel like we already have too many orginal triogly hero’s as it is hope we get white, red and black stormtrooper costumes plus Death Star trooper and revel pilot.

Agree except kreenic anf jyn. Feel like we already have too many orginal triogly hero’s as it is hope we get white, red and black stormtrooper costumes plus Death Star trooper and revel pilot.

tan stormtrooper pauldron too. 4 more, one for each class and very easy skins to add for dice to get money
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif

tan stormtrooper pauldron too. 4 more, one for each class and very easy skins to add for dice to get money

Agreed
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1541 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    jrtodd71 wrote: »
    It's nice that there's finally a roadmap, but this is pretty pathetic. They keep concentrating on everything unimportant to most of us, and ignoring the largest parts of the game. I mean, who the heck plays Starfighters? Like 20%, if that. GA is by far the most important and popular mode in the game, and it just keeps getting ignored. One new GA map is extremely pathetic, and Winter, could mean just about anytime. This game has been out for almost a year. There should have been at least 3-4 new GA maps by now. Disappointing to say the least. Probably why i've moved on to other games, and spend very little time with this game anymore.

I agree with you completely.
    + 6 months since tha last GA map (Crait). And now they say that we have to wait others 6 to 8 months. One year minimum for only one GA map, it's a disgrace. It's the main mode of this game. No other content can compensate that.

Compare with Battlefield 1, how many maps have launched in only year?
    https://www.battlefield.com/es-es/games/battlefield-1/maps

How many new weapons?how many new armies? Incomparable!!!

Free DLCs!! JAJAJA
    Post edited by JediPacoElFlaco on

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Landoluv
    101 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    F8RGE wrote: »
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Oh wow when exactly winter? @F8RGE
    Tootsie pop?
    Post edited by Landoluv on
  • Draxin
    249 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Draxin wrote: »
    What is so great about them being specifically offline? I can't play classic BF2 for more then 10 minutes without getting bored. You spawn in, strafe and shoot what was it 7 dudes? Get the award rifle and just slaughter everyone else. Oh and throw in a bit of nade spam.

Are you forgetting the possibility some people don't have internet? Or just don't like playing online?

[/quote]

Are you forgetting the possibility of slaughtering predictable and easy to beat bots as not being enjoyable for more then 10 minutes?[/quote]

Not if you have a descent amount of content and good mechanics with some good gameplay, coupled along with some AI that have been programmed correctly rather than giving your dev team probably a month to do so which results in lame and yes predictable opponents, not our fault the AI suck because a terrible time frame of development.

Otherwise the original Battlefront games would never have lasted so long with so many people. Where as EA's first attempt at cash grabbing resulted in a bare-bones cod like shooter with a 3rd person option where you could easily break the AI in a matter of seconds like you can in the 2017 one.

"slaughtering predictable and easy to beat bots as not being enjoyable for more then 10 minutes?" Still, if you were a die-hard star wars fan who wanted to play a modern star wars game offline or just didn't have the equipment to play with other people what else would you do?
    Hi.
  • xxx_billy_xxx
    243 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    What is so great about them being specifically offline? I can't play classic BF2 for more then 10 minutes without getting bored. You spawn in, strafe and shoot what was it 7 dudes? Get the award rifle and just slaughter everyone else. Oh and throw in a bit of nade spam.

Are you forgetting the possibility some people don't have internet? Or just don't like playing online?

Are you forgetting the possibility of slaughtering predictable and easy to beat bots as not being enjoyable for more then 10 minutes?

You totally missed his point. I myself enjoy playing split-screen because I can chill and play with my family and my friends and because my internet connection sucks, there are more reasons but I won't count them all now. If you don't enjoy it don't play it simple as that, I respect that. There are people who do enjoy it and who do want it, respect that.

By the way I don't emjoy arcade right now either, but that is because it's bad right now. That's why we want a large scale mode, they did it in Bf1 and I loved it.[/quote]

———————————————

The trouble with that though is that the AI in Battlefront 2005 was much more limited because the game was much more simple. Stand in a circle, take an objective. I don’t think heroes spawned in on the AI team either, if I recall.

In Battlefront 2017, the gameplay objectives for the AI are so much more advanced. They’d need to be programmed to interact with launchers, learn how to get into a position to fire the launcher at the target, and then focus all fire on the transports. Or, they’d need to learn how to interact with pressable objectives.

Let’s not give too much credit to 2005’s AI, because it really wasn’t all that skilled on any difficulty, and it only barely knew what to do. The player drove everything that happened, like they didn’t land starfighter in enemy capital ships, you had to wait for them to fill your transport and then spawn in on the other side. They didn’t target objectives, just troopers. It’s the same in 2017, but more complex.

I don’t know if you’ll ever get a Galactic Assault style game, or even one that works like Starfighter Assault. I think the closest you’ll get is something like Supremacy, death match type game modes like Blast, so on. Nothing too complex. As for Heroes, I don’t even think they have any AI programming, so that’s likely a nonstarter.

So I’d say, don’t expect many advances over Battlefront 2005’s offline content. Remember, even though there was a lot, it was limited to a few basic game modes of capturing flags and having players destroy objectives in space. The AI always took the backseat and just killed troopers/took points. I think more Arcade will come, but implementing multiplayer modes with capable bots, that might be too far.[/quote]

———————————————

Yes you are right and honestly, I'm fine with anything that comes close to 2005's offline content.
  • tts42572
    1163 posts Member
    Almost wish there wasn't a roadmap shared. Outside of a new large scale mode and 2 heroes there is nothing to see here.

How about some new cards, guns, a new hero only objective mode, stats, etc?

• stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    tts42572 wrote: »
    Almost wish there wasn't a roadmap shared. Outside of a new large scale mode and 2 heroes there is nothing to see here.

*in the Darth Vader voice* "perhaps you feel you've been treated unfairly?"
  • This deal keeps getting worse all the time!
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • stevenomes wrote: »

*in the Darth Vader voice* "perhaps you feel you've been treated unfairly?"

Are you forgetting the possibility of slaughtering predictable and easy to beat bots as not being enjoyable for more then 10 minutes?

You totally missed his point. I myself enjoy playing split-screen because I can chill and play with my family and my friends and because my internet connection sucks, there are more reasons but I won't count them all now. If you don't enjoy it don't play it simple as that, I respect that. There are people who do enjoy it and who do want it, respect that.

By the way I don't emjoy arcade right now either, but that is because it's bad right now. That's why we want a large scale mode, they did it in Bf1 and I loved it.

———————————————

The trouble with that though is that the AI in Battlefront 2005 was much more limited because the game was much more simple. Stand in a circle, take an objective. I don’t think heroes spawned in on the AI team either, if I recall.

In Battlefront 2017, the gameplay objectives for the AI are so much more advanced. They’d need to be programmed to interact with launchers, learn how to get into a position to fire the launcher at the target, and then focus all fire on the transports. Or, they’d need to learn how to interact with pressable objectives.

Let’s not give too much credit to 2005’s AI, because it really wasn’t all that skilled on any difficulty, and it only barely knew what to do. The player drove everything that happened, like they didn’t land starfighter in enemy capital ships, you had to wait for them to fill your transport and then spawn in on the other side. They didn’t target objectives, just troopers. It’s the same in 2017, but more complex.

I don’t know if you’ll ever get a Galactic Assault style game, or even one that works like Starfighter Assault. I think the closest you’ll get is something like Supremacy, death match type game modes like Blast, so on. Nothing too complex. As for Heroes, I don’t even think they have any AI programming, so that’s likely a nonstarter.

So I’d say, don’t expect many advances over Battlefront 2005’s offline content. Remember, even though there was a lot, it was limited to a few basic game modes of capturing flags and having players destroy objectives in space. The AI always took the backseat and just killed troopers/took points. I think more Arcade will come, but implementing multiplayer modes with capable bots, that might be too far.[/quote]

———————————————

Yes you are right and honestly, I'm fine with anything that comes close to 2005's offline content. [/quote]
    This deal keeps getting worse all the time!

Everyone clam down this is only version one. Read the disclaimer.
  • Landoluv
    101 posts Member
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Modders couldve made all this happen in less than a month..this is very disappointing to say the least
  • BLAISE_PHASCAL
    45 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    How long time took to do a map of star Wars Battlefront 2, remembering that the maps of game are very well worked, because have much details, look for Naboo map for example.
    The list of maps are :
    > Star Killler Base > Kamino > Takodana > Jakku > Yavin 4 > Death star II > Endor >Hoth > Kashyyyk > Tatooine > "Crait".
    Tooks more or less one year to produce all this maps, not counting the mechanics of the game, classes, modes, weapons, physics, bugs, programming and other problems to produce a game.
    With this, I suposed that in Winter(maybe before) coming much more that only a map and other two heroes, because the roadmap is only a preview of what is to come, not want say that what is write in him will be what is to happen.
    The man said that the roadmap would undergo some changes, because not even they saw the future, they are not prophets, I think.
    As the chances of having new character increased, and yes I am being very optimistic about it, so I suppose that:
    new reinforcements would be cool
    ||| PREQUEL
    > ARC Trooper / Commander Trooper
    > DROIDEKA
    ||| ORIGINAL
    > Rebel pilot
    > Imperial pilot
    ||| SEQUEL
    >? / WITHOUT / ideas ??
    >? / WITHOUT / ideas ??
  • Landoluv
    101 posts Member
    jrtodd71 wrote: »
    It's nice that there's finally a roadmap, but this is pretty pathetic. They keep concentrating on everything unimportant to most of us, and ignoring the largest parts of the game. I mean, who the heck plays Starfighters? Like 20%, if that. GA is by far the most important and popular mode in the game, and it just keeps getting ignored. One new GA map is extremely pathetic, and Winter, could mean just about anytime. This game has been out for almost a year. There should have been at least 3-4 new GA maps by now. Disappointing to say the least. Probably why i've moved on to other games, and spend very little time with this game anymore.

Hvv is waay more fun and superior in every way
  • Darth_Cerebus
    2165 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Landoluv wrote: »
    mda12x6d5vsl.png

Oh wow when exactly winter? @F8RGE
    Tootsie pop?

Guys, you gotta read the entire thing. they specifically tell you more will be added and that everything will become more detailed. i cannot be louder and more obvious for you all.

[Mod edit: Caps Lock removed]
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on