criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

New Lightsaber Mechanic, will it work?

RogueZeroRendar
650 posts Member
edited July 2018
I'll go straight to the point:

1- If Vader and Rey, the 2 main lightsaber users known for the "block-off", will keep their unlimited stamina skills, how will this change anything? Isn't this just a way to make Kylo and Luke even weaker?
2- Do you really believe the problem with lightsaber combat was people blocking infinitely? I don't ever recall a complaint like that, but staggering, hard to connect, incredible leaps in the closing property, huge knockback from striking a block, one swing double damage attack are some I remember
Tired of BUGs?
giphy.gif
Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• unit900000
    2209 posts Member
    Kylo was never weak and all ill say is I see this easily causing balance issues but its good we wont have block offs now.
  • I like how Kylo is described as a "Lightsaber swinging machine" when his damage output and saber swing speed is among the weakest. I see no good in this stamina change, only will get some saber heroes weaker as you mentioned and doesnt solve any issue.
  • I’m glad they’re changing the block, you shouldn’t be able to block forever, apparently not many played HvV in bf15. Your block ran out after a short time so you had to use it wisely.
  • AVGN
    445 posts Member
    They **** it up. There is no other way to put this, sorry. It clearly shows they are still not listening to the community, not properly at least. The most frustrating part is that it was extremely simple to fix the "blockoff" issue. Just remove the knock back mechanic. No need for a parry button, nothing. If someone tried to spam attack, all you'd have to do is dodge and use some ability. Blocked for too long? Joke's on you for not taking action, take that damage. It's an overall nerf to lightsaber heroes and won't solve anything, well, not properly. Honestly, the patch notes **** me off. I stopped playing for a while, having a blast with BF1 and 4 again and i was looking forward to the patch notes. When the Roadmap came out people were going berserk about the lack of content and overall delay, i could not care less about that. The moment i saw the part about lightsaber combat i knew something wicked was coming this way. I was also amazed by the fact that no one even mentioned it here till now. That and the fact most of the old bugs were not even mentioned again (lightsaber blocking, Boba's jetpack and abilities frequently not working) is enough to keep me away for another month. Looking forward to what they will break next.
    Sorry for the negativity by the way.
    What were they thinking?
    4m5mwt7f169k.gif
  • AVGN
    445 posts Member
    Just one more thing i'd like to add. I remember playing Hero Showdown one time, i was Lando and my partner was Rey, the other guys were both Kylo and Vader. I killed Vader, my Disabler was on cooldown and the Kylo guy was blocking hard. I kept punching him till i drained all his stamina and my partner finished him off. That simple...
    What were they thinking?
    4m5mwt7f169k.gif
  • AVGN
    445 posts Member
    I’m glad they’re changing the block, you shouldn’t be able to block forever, apparently not many played HvV in bf15. Your block ran out after a short time so you had to use it wisely.

Lightsaber deflection was a lot better, blaster heroes didn't have these brutal stuns, Force Push would damage through block, Vader had more stamina (blocking time) than Luke. Just saying...
    What were they thinking?
    4m5mwt7f169k.gif
  • AVGN
    445 posts Member
    Man, am i salty now, haha. The worst part is that either the drain will be so slow that it will barely make a difference when engaging another saber hero or enough to make saber heroes worthless in GA.
    What were they thinking?
    4m5mwt7f169k.gif
  • Supino
    121 posts Member
    Its a huge nerf to lightsaber heroes and nobody is noticing. Wait until they enter in a GA room full of people and they will see why.
  • mastery0ta
    5141 posts Member
    Possibly..
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    I'm betting on "no."
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • unit900000
    2209 posts Member
    AVGN wrote: »
    Man, am i salty now, haha. The worst part is that either the drain will be so slow that it will barely make a difference when engaging another saber hero or enough to make saber heroes worthless in GA.
    Supino wrote: »
    Its a huge nerf to lightsaber heroes and nobody is noticing. Wait until they enter in a GA room full of people and they will see why.

you shouldn't be blocking long enough to worry about your stamina in GA so no its not going to effect them in GA that much at all.
  • AVGN
    445 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Supino wrote: »

you shouldn't be blocking long enough to worry about your stamina in GA so no its not going to effect them in GA that much at all.

The problem is the combination of things that can drain your stamina and the recovery delay. And some people will often get mad at some point and start to go kamikaze on you, especially if you're low on health and trying to retreat. One time i was chased all the way back to my spawn (out of bounds for the enemy) by a Luke a Yoda and a Wookiee on a suicide run. Was low on health, got them on a choke and actually managed to kill the three of them cause they got reckless and started spamming attack. (Yep, i should totally be dead but oh well... Vader). But picture this, you just killed a large group of troops, you're low on health and out of stamina, you managed to get to cover but you're still out of stamina and some crazy dude goes on a suicide Vanguard mission to get you... that happens, often...
    It's not that huge of a nerf, i'll admit that, at least for GA where blocking is almost useless. But it is still a nerf for saber heroes that already struggle to stay on the fight and that doesn't do much to improve saber combat. As for HvV and HS, that, combined with blaster heroes stuns that can take most heroes from full heath to nothing, and you're in for some trouble. In fact, sometimes Yoda's stamina will drain for no reason while blocking so i actually already experienced this change in a way and i just don't like it. There will be a lot more running away and spamming, i can feel it.
    What were they thinking?
    4m5mwt7f169k.gif
  • So, how can this be considered a rework? This is hardly a touch up. For God's sake, this is NOTHING. Do you even play the game? I mean, seriously, the "saber combat" isn't even there. It's two children smacking each other with magnets, and if one is blocking and you hit it, you fly back like you are Sonic jumping off a bumper.

I mean, come on, devs. I wish you can do better, but it seems you can't...
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Just wait til the turn off-on lightsaber is bugged and you cannot turn it back on...lol..people gonna freak...will be epic
  • unit900000
    2209 posts Member
    Just wait til the turn off-on lightsaber is bugged and you cannot turn it back on...lol..people gonna freak...will be epic

sigh its pretty sad that this wouldn't even surprise me.
  • Dash
    11430 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I kinda wanna see if a post pops up tomorrow like:

“I turned my saber off and I can’t block anymore”.

First reply:

“So turn it back on”.
    9siwobdu6stu.gif

:lol:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• AVGN
    445 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »

First reply:

“So turn it back on”.
    9siwobdu6stu.gif

Oh boy i really hope lightsabers turn on automatically when attacking or blocking, haha. No way they can mess that up.
    What were they thinking?
    4m5mwt7f169k.gif
  • Dash
    11430 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Dash wrote: »

First reply:

“So turn it back on”.
    9siwobdu6stu.gif

Oh boy i really hope lightsabers turn on automatically when attacking or blocking, haha. No way they can mess that up.

Trust me when I say this, You would be surprised sir at what can go wrong with the simplest of things lol! :lol: :disappointed:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• It least it’ll make block slightly less useful so characters like Maul and Yoda should have a better chance against blocking characters like Luke or Vader
  • TheUltimateHope
    599 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    It least it’ll make block slightly less useful so characters like Maul and Yoda should have a better chance against blocking characters like Luke or Vader

Except that blocking and staying still is the last thing you want to do against Yoda with that 3x142 damage on saber dash + the absence of staggering from blocked hits.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    650 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @TheUltimateHope
    3x142 damage? From where did you take that number? Yoda's Dash inflicts 130 damage
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • @TheUltimateHope
    3x142 damage? From where did you take that number? Yoda's Dash inflicts 130 damage

Well, i just though that his card to give +12 damage was an autopick in this game mode compared to the others he has. Same with the 3 times dash card.
  • @TheUltimateHope
    That card does not increase his Dash Attack ability, only his normal attacks. At least until last time we tested it, the same with Rey and Opportunist Card (+15 dmg to tricked opponents) or Insight Ability (+10 dmg)
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif