criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

A Drastic Lightsaber Change Idea

WonaBett
94 posts Member
edited July 2018
Go back to pre patch blocking with a few tweaks
-Make holding block only deflect blaster bolts and deny force powers
-Make deflecting blaster bolts drain 50% more stamina than it did pre-patch
- If you simply hold block against a saber attack it will do 50% damage, and not stagger the attacker or waste any more o f either parties stamina than an unblocked hit.
-To block and stagger the attacking saber user
the blocker has to be blocking AND also hit (RT/RightClick/R1) as the sabers collide to successfully Parry the attack. (Drains the same amount of stamina as current blocking)
-Non lightsaber melees go through lightsaber blocks
-Lightsabers deal damage passively if you stand too close to an enemy lightsaber (10DPS)

-Also bring back a form of saber locking (Like Vader and Luke in the previous game)
when two saber users both swing at the same time it will go into a QTE (button out of reload/melee/attack) wrong button will lose the lock, being slower than the opponent will lose the lock (maybe just use the kick animation for maul/luke/Rey) damages the loser by 300hp, both parties have 75% damage reduction while this is happening. (All lightsaber users can initiate this)

Before the patch whoever attacked a block first lost, now blocking is hardly any option in high stakes fights.
Post edited by WonaBett on

Replies

• This would be really interesting, I like it ;o
  • This would be really interesting, I like it ;o

Thanks man
    I want some interesting even lightsaber battles and I hoped to fix most of the pre-patch/post-patch gripes players have with sabers.
  • Naw that's not going to work overly complicated and they already have bugs as it is with Heros and Villians, this would just create more.

The fix was simple and right in front of everyone's face. Dice needs to do what they did for SWBF 2015 plane and simple. They thought they were doing more like SWBF 2015 with this update, but this update is nothing like that games saber battling, it's just a complete ***** show. Just like the last star wars battlefront force powers should go through block and do damage, maybe slightly reduced damage like 25% reduction. Rey's mind control goes through peoples block, so should all other force powers. Blocks should only deflect blasters and saber attacks.

Standard lightsaber attacks get blocked as long as they have stamina. Stamina reverts back to the way it was before this TERRIBLE update. However, if you overheat your stamina then it takes a while for it to cool down and come back. That way you have to drop your block more often rather than hold it all the time. It wasn't that bad before hand, only the fact that they didn't drop their block a lot before hand.

Problem fixed. I've been saying this since the beginning the game came out.

You have to make it simple or else it will get screwed up in the next update.
  • WonaBett
    94 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    ...Standard lightsaber attacks get blocked as long as they have stamina. Stamina reverts back to the way it was before this TERRIBLE update. However, if you overheat your stamina then it takes a while for it to cool down and come back. That way you have to drop your block more often rather than hold it all the time. It wasn't that bad before hand, only the fact that they didn't drop their block a lot before hand.

The saber lock idea would need a whole new system to be put into place, but the block system would just be stat changes and would just add an additional button press to activate.
  • WonaBett wrote: »
    -Non lightsaber melees go through lightsaber

I feel like your hand might get chopped off.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • willywonka7
    1778 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    WonaBett wrote: »

The saber lock idea would need a whole new system to be put into place, but the block system would just be stat changes and would just add an additional button press to activate.

You don't understand Wona the lightsaber blocking and force powers are already busted before this update. They haven't fixed any of these bugs and they have been present for months now. This is what I am referring to:

I can get these to happen to other people and myself pretty frequently. It happens with any character with a force block, any pretty much any force power. Also lightsaber throws hit inconsistently now too on back swing even though they were suppose to have fixed this problem.

Adding in another feature to press a button at a specific time to get the block to fully function based on the other player hitting you won't work because right now force powers and blocking don't work with the previous setup. Adding more functionality to try to determine when a block hits and misses will only cause the system to fail even more than it is now.

• WonaBett
    94 posts Member
    edited July 2018

lol it's mostly a game play choice because if they're that close, you should already be swinging and it's only really your fault if you die to it.

For an "explanation" good hand to hand fighters have beaten/gotten the better of Jedi, and maybe the person punching them takes about 33 damage.

You don't understand Wona...Adding in another feature to press a button at a specific time to get the block to fully function based on the other player hitting you won't work because right now force powers and blocking don't work with the previous setup. Adding more functionality to try to determine when a block hits and misses will only cause the system to fail even more than it is now.

Do I not understand that the bugs aren't fixed? I know there are still plenty of bugs

Do I not understand that these changes would not fix all the bugs? Those bugs will have to be ironed out with or without a new system.

Do I not understand that bringing my proposed system to fruition would most likely add new bugs? I know that, but what I'd have happen is they fix the current bugs, make the new system, and fix the bugs that arise then. (As they currently do).

In any case other than mine all lightsaber battles you can have is not much more than cavemen swinging glowsticks until one loses the energy to defend themself/catching the opponent off guard/having more help or health/ having a block vs no block scenario/ force push off the map
    None really feel as epic and intimate as they should IMO.

PS. In the current and both of our "systems" error4 wouldn't be a bug but you'd be choked everytime because you blocked to late/force powers would go through block

Error10 is a Vader specific force bug that persist no matter what goes forward
  • willywonka7
    1778 posts Member
    If they can't even fix the bugs now with lightsaber blocking in a months time or more and all they did was up stamina values to completely destroy the current system, then what makes you sure that they will be able to add even slightly more complexity to light saber blocking and get it working along with fixing the bugs?

Current setup is simple if blocking don't do damage

Now you want to go to if blocking and you hit a button at the exact right moment then don't do damage.

What makes you sure they will be able to do that without messing it up badly, like most of these other updates?
  • WonaBett
    94 posts Member
    If they can't even fix the bugs now with lightsaber blocking in a months time or more and all they did was up stamina values to completely destroy the current system, then what makes you sure that they will be able to add even slightly more complexity to light saber blocking and get it working along with fixing the bugs?

Current setup is simple if blocking don't do damage

Now you want to go to if blocking and you hit a button at the exact right moment then don't do damage.

What makes you sure they will be able to do that without messing it up badly, like most of these other updates?

Hope lol
    But now I understand what you're getting at.
    There are issues being fixed (although slowly and seemingly one at a time) and after most if not all of those are gone (which should be the case eventually) I'd like a system like this to be attempted.

The block changes just reduced block spam, which I'm cool with but that still doesn't make lightsaber fighting feel less simple/lazy/boring.
  • WonaBett wrote: »

lol it's mostly a game play choice because if they're that close, you should already be swinging and it's only really your fault if you die to it.

For an "explanation" good hand to hand fighters have beaten/gotten the better of Jedi, and maybe the person punching them takes about 33 damage.
    But normal troopers? But then things would have to be ohk, caise, movie accuracy and all. But maybe just an animation for Vader and Anakin.

34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • WonaBett
    94 posts Member
    Yeah, if the stamina is fixed you should be fine against most but the skilled soldier should be feared you never know when you're fighting shinys or vets. Gotta be prepared