criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why do people put xX at the beginning and end of their names?

lerodemmy
3334 posts Member
Is this some sort of self-motivating attempt at intimidation?
21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
header.jpg?t=1547513853

Replies

• Spiito
    1349 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Someusernamethat'salreadytaken298478624840950875
    Vs.
    xXSomeusernamethat'salreadytakenXx
  • It makes me laugh
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • MC_XIX
    1221 posts Member
    Lol, I remember when I posted the exact same question topic on the PS4 gameFAQs board, and everyone went crazy at me for having the opinion that it looks childish. But it does! They must think it looks cool. I suppose it's just a border around an ID that's already in use.
  • IronSoldier
    2926 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Moved to off topic...

In my former life modding on previous EA titles IronSoldier was taken. IronSoldier123 was also taken so I ended up being called ironsiolder123. Not a day went by where someone didn't make fun of it. I guess otherwise people think the XxXXx look cool when the name is otherwise taken.
  • rollind24
    4836 posts Member
    Aliens

t7l9ii4yragv.jpeg
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Empire_TW
    4142 posts Member
    They wanna be just like da cool kidz
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • A composite of tryhard wannabe user names

xXMLGxDopeSkywalkerXEliteSnypeXCOD420Xx

• Vespervin
    684 posts Member
    I was going to change my username to xXVeSp420ErViNXx but after reading this thread, I have changed my mind.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • Some kind of fashion trend created by some random popular youtube gaming channel or a noob?
    Current Topics:
    Secondary Hand For Every Class
    Hero Appearances: Leia Organa

cggn8altuzp0.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
    - Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Yea I never got it
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    We don’t have much of these on the forums.
  • ...Really? Some names are already taken, so people do some XxX instead of the random numbers at the end of their name, but w/e- really desperate for an whinge here?

uktabapcvk3x.gif
  • EA_Cian
    1197 posts EA Moderator
    Hopping in here and closing this. Yes, there are different naming conventions out there but some of the comments here are super dismissive of folk using those using conventions. Let's keep it respectful.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!