criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Heroes Vs Villains 2015 Remastered - Concept (New Mode)

Replies

• Anoh wrote: »
    There is hope for this coming Soon™.

Ewok Hunt was based off a tweet.

Did they mention it somewhere?
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »

No
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »

No

Well, what can I say. Nothing was promised so probably we'll get Jumppack Porg Hunt instead.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member

No

Well, what can I say. Nothing was promised so probably we'll get Jumppack Porg Hunt instead.

I'd expect an announcement for this in maybe a month (HvV Remastered®)
  • Totally agree. Hero mode in Battlefront 1 was much more fun and strategic. Not a hack and slash we have it now. Now you do not care for your life as you respawn. Also is ridiculous when the marked hero hide in places others cannot reach. (Booba Fet). Takes out all the fun and fearness.
    Please bring a decent hero mode back
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Totally agree. Hero mode in Battlefront 1 was much more fun and strategic. Not a hack and slash we have it now. Now you do not care for your life as you respawn. Also is ridiculous when the marked hero hide in places others cannot reach. (Booba Fet). Takes out all the fun and fearness.
    Please bring a decent hero mode back

Bring it back please!
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Did you guys hear about the new hero mode and multiplayer menu? Looks like this might actually happen. If not, the elimination style is coming back at least. Which will make it more strategy based. I'm so excited!
  • Did you guys hear about the new hero mode and multiplayer menu?

It can be good for playing with friends. Master and Apprentice, Bounty Hunter, Smugglers combos. Palpy with Vader! It can be fun :) The best thing about this huuuge "update"
  • Did you guys hear about the new hero mode and multiplayer menu?

It can be good for playing with friends. Master and Apprentice, Bounty Hunter, Smugglers combos. Palpy with Vader! It can be fun :) The best thing about this huuuge "update"

That's only part of the update
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Did you guys hear about the new hero mode and multiplayer menu? Looks like this might actually happen. If not, the elimination style is coming back at least. Which will make it more strategy based. I'm so excited!

Yes it sounds great! Eager to test it out. It's a nice surprise
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I was playing 2v2 the elimination style is just a lot more fun and strategic altogether. I would love to see that with more heroes. Fingers still crossed they add BF15 HvV sense they did the new game mode menu and all.
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I've seen people requesting it (BF15 HvV) quite a bit on other threads. Be loud guys! #makeHvVgreatagain
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    Please no more hero modes... please DICE focus on trooper/infantry modes.
  • Please no more hero modes... please DICE focus on trooper/infantry modes.

BF15 HvV wouldn't be that hard to implement. It's basically just adding troopers and eliminations. A lot of people want it back.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2421 posts Member

We need dropzone/cargo and conquest before any more heroes imo. But like I stated earlier, it’s a good idea for HvV and the op is absolutely right. I loved the orgional HvV15 and it never got old. Heroes aren’t special anymore, be it GA or in the current HvV, there’s no penalty for dying it’s just rince and repeat. The old HvV along with dropzone and cargo would do wonders for this game, just remember we need private matches as well.
  • d0kRX
    1425 posts Member

We need dropzone/cargo and conquest before any more heroes imo. But like I stated earlier, it’s a good idea for HvV and the op is absolutely right. I loved the orgional HvV15 and it never got old. Heroes aren’t special anymore, be it GA or in the current HvV, there’s no penalty for dying it’s just rince and repeat. The old HvV along with dropzone and cargo would do wonders for this game, just remember we need private matches as well.

I completely agree!
    PSN: d0kRX
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Conquest would take a lot longer to do
  • I've been seeing people posting on other threads about how their forced to do HvV to level up their heroes...saying that BF15 HvV was more enjoyable. A couple of people even mentioned going back to the other game to play it. It would be quick to implement sense all the maps are already there they just have to add infantry and eliminations. Conquest will take a lot longer but I have a feeling it's coming either way.
  • I've been seeing people posting on other threads about how their forced to do HvV to level up their heroes...saying that BF15 HvV was more enjoyable. A couple of people even mentioned going back to the other game to play it. It would be quick to implement sense all the maps are already there they just have to add infantry and eliminations. Conquest will take a lot longer but I have a feeling it's coming either way.
    I feel like 4v4 or 6v6 Showdown like mode would be enough and that's sooo easy to implement. When I go back on HvV from Showdown I feel like I went back to a kindergarten
    I feel like 4v4 or 6v6 Showdown like mode would be enough and that's sooo easy to implement. When I go back on HvV from Showdown I feel like I went back to a kindergarten

Yeah I'd be satisfied with 6v6 showdown. But the infantry really added something for me. It was satisfying to wreck them with heroes as it was to hunt heroes down. I miss it so much.
  • unit900000
    3259 posts Member
    I miss the old HvV as well so much better then the current one.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

• Ppong_Man12
    2421 posts Member
    I've been seeing people posting on other threads about how their forced to do HvV to level up their heroes...saying that BF15 HvV was more enjoyable. A couple of people even mentioned going back to the other game to play it. It would be quick to implement sense all the maps are already there they just have to add infantry and eliminations. Conquest will take a lot longer but I have a feeling it's coming either way.

Yeah I'd be satisfied with 6v6 showdown. But the infantry really added something for me. It was satisfying to wreck them with heroes as it was to hunt heroes down. I miss it so much.

Agree, loved the infantry aspect, it’s also what added balance imo.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    I've been seeing people posting on other threads about how their forced to do HvV to level up their heroes...saying that BF15 HvV was more enjoyable. A couple of people even mentioned going back to the other game to play it. It would be quick to implement sense all the maps are already there they just have to add infantry and eliminations. Conquest will take a lot longer but I have a feeling it's coming either way.

Felt like small squads with objective to tactically take down the other. The Twi'lek was a hero on her own for me when I was infantry. Best mode in a game ever imo.

I miss the vibe from that game a lot. Even when playing it now that vibe isn't there. Hope my concept actually happens Soon™.

The new button mashing version is not my thing at all. It's the epitemy of boring.
  • @F8RGE are you guys at least considering this for the foreseeable future? I know y'all are busy with other things.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Old HvV in many ways is better and sometimes rounds last longer because troopers can protect heroes. Wouldn't hurt to have it return. The only problem is stun locking and hero health in general
  • When all the smoke clears bf15 will be remembered for being a far superior game to bf2 imo.
  • Old HvV in many ways is better and sometimes rounds last longer because troopers can protect heroes. Wouldn't hurt to have it return. The only problem is stun locking and hero health in general

They could double the max health for each hero. But honestly l, I'd be fine with it if they didn't. Anything is better than the mash fest we have right now.
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Mines well #makeHvVgreatagain sense the "make America" version failed
  • Infantry has no business being in a Hero’s vs Villains mode. It didn’t in 2015 and it sure as hell doesn’t here. You want infantry, you have a handful of other options, go play them. I do think a serious rework to HvV is needed(the cowardly running away that plagues 90% of matches is unbelievablely irritating) or a new mode altogether, but I don’t think adding infantry helps, at all.
  • unit900000
    3259 posts Member
    JohnWick wrote: »
    Infantry has no business being in a Hero’s vs Villains mode. It didn’t in 2015 and it sure as **** doesn’t here. You want infantry, you have a handful of other options, go play them. I do think a serious rework to HvV is needed(the cowardly running away that plagues 90% of matches is unbelievablely irritating) or a new mode altogether, but I don’t think adding infantry helps, at all.

I mean if we are talking about catching runners adding infantry would help for sure I dont think a Boba can run much if a heavy is spamming him with DC-15 explosive shot. either way though I like infantry cause it adds another element to it and makes it more interesting.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

• unit900000 wrote: »
    Infantry has no business being in a Hero’s vs Villains mode. It didn’t in 2015 and it sure as **** doesn’t here. You want infantry, you have a handful of other options, go play them. I do think a serious rework to HvV is needed(the cowardly running away that plagues 90% of matches is unbelievablely irritating) or a new mode altogether, but I don’t think adding infantry helps, at all.

I mean if we are talking about catching runners adding infantry would help for sure I dont think a Boba can run much if a heavy is spamming him with DC-15 explosive shot. either way though I like infantry cause it adds another element to it and makes it more interesting.

Infantry balances it out...of course they should have forced blasters and star cards because some such as vanguard are too powerful against heroes and would take away from the hero combat.
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Your one of the players that doesn't like the old mode. Well I can assure you many and I'd even say the majority prefers the old version. I used to be able to play BF15 HvV for hours at a time. The longest I can last on the new is maybe an hour...and like you said, it's mostly just chasing that flying Boba Fett or running Luke...and I can sure tell you that Boba would have more trouble flying if more blasters for shooting at him. They add balance. I also along with many others don't enjoy the current mash fest if you die it's not consequential unless your running away with the target on your back. The elimination style is ten times better. I don't like infantry only modes...I just really enjoy killing some troopers with heroes. It makes you feel more powerful like you should as a hero. I hate dying and respawing over and over it doesn't make for unique matches just the same mash fast on repeat.
  • If they do an elimination style without infantry when heroes die they would just have to spectate. With infantry they'd still be able to participate.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Even if they give us the old HvV back, the bugs that are still present will make it a bad experience.

And stun locking. This game is a bugfest
  • Even if they give us the old HvV back, the bugs that are still present will make it a bad experience.

And stun locking. This game is a bugfest

It's still ten times better than the new version
  • Jimmy89
    146 posts Member
    FireWall wrote: »
    This is a really cool blend between the old and the new. We always heard that playing as infantry was the worst part of the old mode, so that was something we removed in this one. You want that back?

Please don't force infantry upon us. Not everyone was a fan of HvV in the first game. I want to play as a Jedi or Sith or any hero. Playing as infantry is boring. I never liked HvV in battlefront (2015). It is way more fun in battlefront 2. Besides if people want this then add another mode called Hero vs villains classic with the old mode.
  • Jimmy89 wrote: »
    This is a really cool blend between the old and the new. We always heard that playing as infantry was the worst part of the old mode, so that was something we removed in this one. You want that back?

Please don't force infantry upon us. Not everyone was a fan of HvV in the first game. I want to play as a Jedi or Sith or any hero. Playing as infantry is boring. I never liked HvV in battlefront (2015). It is way more fun in battlefront 2. Besides if people want this then add another mode called Hero vs villains classic with the old mode.

Yeah we're saying we want it as another mode...read the concept from the op guys.
  • So Starfighter HvV is identical to BF15 HvV just with ships. Coincidence anyone?
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Easy business to port things over and it is in theory new content - at this point i'll take what we get.
  • Mariobot21
    294 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Hvv in 2015 was one reason why I quit battlefront 2015.

[Mod Edit] Removed vulgar language
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • JackTHorn
    3649 posts Member
    1) I don't care a lot, I don't play heroes or hero modes very often

2) I hated HvV 2015 and basically never played it after the first few times, but I like HvV 2017 and actually play it pretty often comparatively

3) I definitely think they should put in the old mode as HvV Classic, or do the new idea for it that was mentioned here, give more options, give the hero-focused people somewhere to beat up on each other... maybe they'll leave GA alone and it can be playable again
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    1) I don't care a lot, I don't play heroes or hero modes very often

2) I hated HvV 2015 and basically never played it after the first few times, but I like HvV 2017 and actually play it pretty often comparatively

3) I definitely think they should put in the old mode as HvV Classic, or do the new idea for it that was mentioned here, give more options, give the hero-focused people somewhere to beat up on each other... maybe they'll leave GA alone and it can be playable again

The main problem for the people who didn't like it was that they only started as a hero half the time. If they fixed that aspect of it most would prefer it over the other hero modes. At least the people in my clan would. BF17's version is boring, it lacks a feeling of importance as a hero. Besides for when your the target and are forced to run away, because it's the best best strategy. Heroes should always feel important.
  • I don't like the current HvV 20017 mode, it doesn't be enjoyable to play.It's difficult for the rookies to learn. And your inexperience **** your team.

In the HvV 2015 game mode the objetive was that the heros survive. More strategic. The difficult curve was more easy.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • FireWall wrote: »

Please don't bring the infantry back, you did a good version with this new mode. I enjoyed the intensity of only one life per round for heroes of the previous game but prefer being able to keep respawning as heroes in the new version. The new version suits the way heroes are designed for this game
  • I like the concept of adding this mode to HvV.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Azelrazel wrote: »

Please don't bring the infantry back, you did a good version with this new mode. I enjoyed the intensity of only one life per round for heroes of the previous game but prefer being able to keep respawning as heroes in the new version. The new version suits the way heroes are designed for this game

I see you came here to just read Dennis' comment, this would be a new mode, not replacing the current one

And from what I see they've taken aspects of this design and put them in Hero Showdown™ and Hero Starfighters™ instead of just building this mode :expressionless:
  • yes please bring it back
  • I'd love to see this idea see the light of day. I'd even say make it a 8 vs 8 when Obi-Wan and Grevious join the party. I truly despise the target system of the new Heroes vs Villains and I miss the teamwork oriented game play from the 2015 version. #standwithAnoh
  • FireWall wrote: »

No no no 1,000 times no please.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!