criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Racial Slurs and EA's Lack of Enforcement

I like the game so far, but there is a common thread in every match. Racial slurs against African Americans. I have played a ton of games recently and I have not seen one attack against any other minority. Nor have I hear an attack against caucasians.

EA's lack of filters or a banning list only shows that they don't care or support this behavior. Being upset about losing a game or whatever isn't a good enough reason for a slur. This is something that could not happen on the job or in public without repercussions but, online safe in basements of their parents home or in their home alone they become "internet brave".

I really don't care what people believe or do in their homes as long as it is legal and does not oppress another person. Basic respect. Maybe in this day and age that is too much to ask for. Would be nice if EA "posted" the real account names of these people. If EA won't do it I hope a hacker does it and posts it for the world to see and then we would all see how "brave and tough" they are.

Replies

• H- hides chat
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • There are many kinds of bombs, some choose to use the N bomb as their main weapon.
  • ...against African Americans.
    At least the rest of the worlds black folks have it okay... shame about the American ones though. ;)
  • I like the game so far, but there is a common thread in every match. Racial slurs against African Americans. I have played a ton of games recently and I have not seen one attack against any other minority. Nor have I hear an attack against caucasians.

EA's lack of filters or a banning list only shows that they don't care or support this behavior. Being upset about losing a game or whatever isn't a good enough reason for a slur. This is something that could not happen on the job or in public without repercussions but, online safe in basements of their parents home or in their home alone they become "internet brave".

I really don't care what people believe or do in their homes as long as it is legal and does not oppress another person. Basic respect. Maybe in this day and age that is too much to ask for. Would be nice if EA "posted" the real account names of these people. If EA won't do it I hope a hacker does it and posts it for the world to see and then we would all see how "brave and tough" they are.

unfortunately this is the world we live friend
  • I didn't realize it was EA's job to comfort you when your feelings were hurt.
  • I like the game so far, but there is a common thread in every match. Racial slurs against African Americans. I have played a ton of games recently and I have not seen one attack against any other minority. Nor have I hear an attack against caucasians.

You can ask about reporting the abuse on EA Answers HQ; an EA representative should be able to tell you how to report the grievance in respect to Battlefront. EA won't tell you the results of any action they take, so it's entirely likely that they won't. @Sledgehammer70 this might be a matter you should take a serious look into, what with you being the community manager.
  • cattube wrote: »
    I like the game so far, but there is a common thread in every match. Racial slurs against African Americans. I have played a ton of games recently and I have not seen one attack against any other minority. Nor have I hear an attack against caucasians.

You can ask about reporting the abuse on EA Answers HQ; an EA representative should be able to tell you how to report the grievance in respect to Battlefront. EA won't tell you the results of any action they take, so it's entirely likely that they won't. @Sledgehammer70 this might be a matter you should take a serious look into, what with you being the community manager.

We take this very seriously. Reporting players is your best course of action. Unfortunately we have seen some terrible players and we have taken action via our TOS to deal with them. It's truly unfortunate you had to experience this.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy