criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Disable Wookiee Warrior's Ability To Combat Roll While Using Overload

Sgt_Fergus
2249 posts Member
All the other Enforcers like B2 Super Battle Droid, Death Trooper, First Order Flametrooper all have their ability to evade disabled while using Overload but yet Wookies can which makes them way too unbalanced in a 1v1 against other Enforcers. A wookie can run up and do combat rolls around a death tooper while shooting him with the overload but the death trooper just stands there with no way to evade and his movement speed is reduced. That's not balanced, there is no credible point to justify that. I know it's been in the game for a while but it needs to be removed. It is becoming more apparent when playing Extraction in CQC situations inside the Kessel tunnels and Jabba's palace side routes. They can roll in with overload, blast away and thrown a thermal and roll out while the Death Trooper has to stand there out in the open to suppress fire with no ability to just roll away unless he cancels his overload ability.

So either disable it for the Wookiee Warrior or enable it for all the other enforcers to do it. I say disable it as it might create more balancing issues with all the other classes if all enforcers can do it. it's already unbalanced and plays to the favor to rebels/resistance/clones making the opposing enforcers weaker.

Replies

• Hahaha! if only you new the full power of the wookie warrior.
  • KresusFIN
    2801 posts Member
    Or give it to the others.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Or give it to the others.

which is stated
    Hahaha! if only you new the full power of the wookie warrior.

ya i do, which is why the roll either must go or all enforcers must be able to do the same with overload
  • bfloo
    15961 posts Member
    They need to change it one way or the other. Wookiees are all powerful right now.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• KresusFIN
    2801 posts Member
    Could go ahead and display some creativity and come up with SOMETHING ELSE for Enforcers for 2 out of the 3 hero factions. Using Wookie for all 3 just displays a baffling lack of.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Could go ahead and display some creativity and come up with SOMETHING ELSE for Enforcers for 2 out of the 3 hero factions. Using Wookie for all 3 just displays a baffling lack of.

ya that too is annoying. like the baddies get each a new unit but wookies for all the rest seems weird to me. Like why not the Bothan spies from Battlefront 2 for rebels? There weren't that many wookies in that period due to most enslaved and on Kessel.
    bfloo wrote: »
    They need to change it one way or the other. Wookiees are all powerful right now.

ya currently I'm getting sick of wookiees. Extraction has done it for me. Overall I like the mode but all these indoor close corridors make wookies so tough to fight when the can roll in which in overcharge mode, space the ***** out of it and using health boost and when they are finally about to die they just chuck a thermal imploder and roll out while in overcharge mode. They have the most powerful explosive and they stil lget the option to roll as well. That's incredibly annoying.
  • TeeVee
    3 posts Member
    I would like to know why Super Battle Droid Enforcers are the only enforcers that cant roll? Is it because they are droids..? No.. the rest of the droids can roll.. Arent these guys suppose to be more advanced droids? Huh. Wookies roll.. Deaths roll.. The top Droids in the army... ^.^ nope!
  • Thank you OP! I was planing to start a thread with the same topic, but I knew I have to search for one to join if available, and I did. :)

Anyway, I completely agreed! It makes no sense whatsoever why Wookiee Warrior can roll with Overload while the other Enforcers cannot. I don't see any logic for balancing reason between LS Enforcers (Wookiee Warrior of course) that can do it while the DS Enforcers cannot.

However, it could be a possibility that this is a bug rather than a poor design. A bug that (while Overload active) either allows the Wookiee Warrior to roll or prevents the DS Enforcers to roll.

But yes! Whatever the case, this definitely needs to be solved one way or another.
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • TeeVee wrote: »
    I would like to know why Super Battle Droid Enforcers are the only enforcers that cant roll? Is it because they are droids..? No.. the rest of the droids can roll.. Arent these guys suppose to be more advanced droids? Huh. Wookies roll.. Deaths roll.. The top Droids in the army... ^.^ nope!

Well they look too bulky to be able to roll, but at least they can still dodge by "sliding". :lol:
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • relleuM
    178 posts Member
    I agree with the OP, either disable the Wookiee’s ability to roll out or give that ability to the DS enforcers. Wookiee can roll out of nades etc and move around quite well with overload. For DS enforcer I barely use that ability due to the lack of movement. It really puts DS enforcers at a disadvantage and I would already take the Wookie bow caster with its burst fire any day of the week.
  • relleuM wrote: »
    I agree with the OP, either disable the Wookiee’s ability to roll out or give that ability to the DS enforcers. Wookiee can roll out of nades etc and move around quite well with overload. For DS enforcer I barely use that ability due to the lack of movement. It really puts DS enforcers at a disadvantage and I would already take the Wookie bow caster with its burst fire any day of the week.

Exactly