criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

He's Back Again, that same AFK Farmer is doing it AGAIN!

He's back! Again! Every PC player knows who I'm talking about.

He has been doing this since January at least!!!

EA/DICE, can't you understand ONCE AND FOR ALL, this guy is farming CREDITS, so he'll never spend a single cent to buy cosmetics? He isn't worth to you, and he has breaking your rules again, and again, and again, and again! Most of the PC Community knows who he is and has already been on his room, either with or against him, just to leave after because the match becomes unplayable. He loves to do that in HvV, where he is 25% of his team.

And your horrible AFK Farm Bot can't kick him because he's using a software to fool you.

PLEASE PERMA BAN HIM ALREADY! You've messed everything in this game lately, and you even allow this known AFKER to keep destroying what's left of it!

Mind you I wasn't playing, but a friend sent me a screenshot showing this. Everyone knows it! People in chat were saying: here's that same afk farmer again.
Tired of BUGs?
giphy.gif
Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• tankertoad
    5552 posts Member
    Thanks for the reminders.!
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • massika
    225 posts Member
    I prefer an afk at this point instead a team of 2idiots that coming in front you to escape and kill then theirself . 2matches like that, seriously, what is the problem of this people
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    sometimes I wonder if this is real life and how its possible for a game to be this bad.

It's DICE. They are the Masters of Making Bad Games.
  • fancyladypants
    251 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @RogueZeroRendar I usually agree with your posts especially those about the state of this game. However on this topic I have to disagree on principle. I understand it's frustrating that an AFK player is on your side or even the other side. You will likely lose if he's on your side and if he's not you'll certainly score less with less play time per round.

However we can't control how anyone plays. If they choose not to engage there is nothing you can do about it. EA seems to have made their decision on the matter, nobody has had this many threads about them in the forums here or likely been reported for their actions(or in-actions in this case) more. I'm sure you run into this with other game modes like GA where people won't play the objective. I see it like that.

As for the script I assume he runs to keep his character from getting kicked(he stands in place but jumps and fires his weapon while AFK) I see that as a matter for EA to handle. There simply is no anti-cheat system that allows them to measure if this is being run or not. Reporting/tattling seems to be the game's anti-cheat system. We've all reported this multiple times. The ball is certainly in EA's court on this matter so we're left with nothing left to do.

There's so much wrong with this game I can't begin to list the flaws and game breaking bugs or lack of new content. This is another one that nothing will happen. I sent the person in question a friend request just to let him know how reviled his actions are. He doesn't seem to care so there really is nothing that can be done.
    Post edited by fancyladypants on
  • stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    he is the one who will bring balance. once hes banned from the game the last of the jedi will we be.
  • @fancyladypants
    Thank you for supporting me when you think I deserve it, this means a lot to me.

But about the issue, when I complain about him, it has 2 major reasons:

1st - He takes 25% of his team's slot in a mode where this is enough to make the game totally unbalanced, so he's ruining the experience for 7 more people. And he doesn't leave, which means he makes a room unplayable for as long as he decides to stay. Last time they implemented Double XP, he stood in the same room for 3 entire days, I know because I played on his room against him to get footage to report him each of the 3 days, and then I decided to abuse a bit and get some hard milestones completed on him. But then people were so annoyed that they stopped playing on the server he was, and because of matchmaking we had been sent to the Brazilian Server (between the first and second days), which has a small active player base. That meant we couldn't play HvV on the Brazilian server anymore because all people that would rather play on this server, wouldn't play because of him. And mind you my ping here is 10ms, and in the second best it's around 150ms, so it's a huge difference.

2nd - He's violating EA's policy of being AFK to Farm benefits, and especially of using 3rd party software to do so. It's a macro, be it his own creation, or be it something he downloaded from a known hacker in the internet (I can't name him, but he worked with hacks for battlefront since the previous title, he's a known hacker not only for battlefront and he allows you to download this and other software to hack the game in his website)

But what gets me truly angry is EA/DICE constantly saying they improved the routine to catch AFK players, but things like this, done by the same people, keep happening for months without end. This is why I get frustrated and complain.

And it's for HvV (I believe HS too, but I've never seen a AFk Farmer there). In other modes it may be bad, but it doesn't make the match unplayable.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • I understand your complaints and agree with them. We just can't make him do anything and we can't make EA do anything either, that's all. Even when they are breaking the rules. They're EA's rules but they choose not to enforce them, financial conflict and all I assume lol. He's in my friend's list so I could talk to him about it reasonably. He doesn't care. I can't make anyone be socially responsible like washing their hands after going to the restroom, some choose not to. It sickens me but there is nothing that I can do.

The lack of an anti-cheat system other than users tattling is ridiculous on it's best day. I've been stuck in a server with him before several times and can't find a different server all day. It sucks but it is what EA allows it to be. We've reported him so many times it's unbelievable. We've started thread after thread about this specific player and the problem. Like so much else here it's all been ignored. EA's official stance is to not enforce it's policy on this matter, ever. They are "aware" and that is likely all we will get on this topic. That is the most communication you'll get and that's through a 3rd party if they even bother.

The other leading contributor to this problem is the lack of a server browser. You just get thrown wherever the game throws you with no choice of the server you play on. Quit then try to find another game only to be put back into the same server over and over again or into a completely empty server that will never fill up. Your choice is to play with an AFK teammate(25%of your team) , to find another game mode, or to not play this game at all. It seems one random guy gets a lot of say in your game. Sucks when you consider he didn't help pay for your copy.

It says a lot about the player base numbers when we can't find but one game in a region's game mode. Seem critically low to anyone else? Has been for a while and it's gotten lower recently with the matchmaking fiasco earlier this week to kick off the weekend's double XP event(super brilliant and was communicated to us as the promised improved communication came long after the fact when these forums began to howl with thread after thread on failed matchmaking). Not to mention the removal of Emperor Palpatine and the slew of endless new bugs and unaddressed old bugs from the perpetually aware team that breaks this stuff in the first place that keeps tearing the community apart.

I keep the mentioned user in my friend's list so I know when I'll likely run into him and when it might be safe to play when he isn't around and I can actually manage to find a game. It's a quasi-solution at best but it's all I've got ;)

Honestly I'm just grasping at staying positive(which I fail at far too often) with this game. It's my favorite game and my most hated game as well. It exceeds my expectations while failing to come close at the same time. I know a lot of us feel this way. We are Star Wars fans and gamers and this is really the only show for die-hard fans. It's why the community is often so negative but we still fire the game up and play. We hope for better, we get promised that they will be better, then they aren't. We are stuck in that loop and everything gets amplified with the frustration.
  • @fancyladypants
    Great post! That was an amazing analysis of the situation, well done! And you're right, we can't force him to do anything. My attempt here is more focused on making EA/DICE do something to enforce their rules, then trying to change the way he plays. He probably doesn't even come here.

This type of post also make others realise that, as this AFK Farmer, they too can do this and feel light or no penalties, so the number of AFK Farmers may increase, and when/if this happens, then EA/DICE will do something, as it seems this the only way to make them do something right (like the DC-15LE issue)
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
  • RogueZeroRendar
    652 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    BTW, I've just seen another friend reported his presence 20 hours after the report from my other friend. So this guy probably stood AFK Farming for 20 hours. And considering the first was probably playing on virginia (because we both play on Virginia because our preferred server is empty, and virginia is the second with lowest ping), and the second was playing on an european server as he lives there, because of matchmaking, this AFK Farmer is probably being moved around from server to server.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
  • fancyladypants

There simply is no anti-cheat system that allows them to measure if this is being run or not.

I don't think there is an anti-cheat system on any EA server. EA says there is, but EA says a lot of things.

KC
  • I just went through 12 HvV games this evening with him still doing his AFK thing. Tonight was my 10th time reporting him in the past 2 months.
  • stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    i had 2 spinners the other day on my HvV team. they kept going in circles at first i didnt know what was happening then i realized they were spinning. OMG annoying. its the same as farming since they are AFK and trying to gain creditts by doing nothing but spin in circles. wish we could friendly fire them or vote to boot.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    he is the one who will bring balance. once hes banned from the game the last of the jedi will we be.

Lol indeed.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.