criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why can’t I even find a game?!

Indiana_Jim
2049 posts Member
I have spent an HOUR trying to find a single match, and the one I did find had horribly unplayable lag! I sat in an empty GA lobby for 20 minutes! What is even going on over there at Battlefront 2 Server HQ? How in the flip are EA supposed to expect the PLAYERS to support the game if EVERY UPDATE has these bugs or lag or errors or whatever? I mean, I’m usually the positive one, gang. I’m almost Dash-Level positive but I can’t find a match on Double XP weekend? I don’t even have words. Now at least. After I used them all.

Replies

• Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    Change ping sites.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• fancyladypants
    254 posts Member
    edited July 2018
  • Indiana_Jim
    2049 posts Member
    Change ping sites.

Tried that with interesting results. The first time I looked it had me pinging Australia. I changed it back, tried again, checked again, then was pinging Singapore. Took several tried to get it to stay on Ohio, still didn’t help.
  • Alex64
    5847 posts Member
    Is it on PC?
  • stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    it is the future you see.
  • Indiana_Jim
    2049 posts Member
    No, PS4
  • Llunotts
    281 posts Member
    I say it on another threat
  • Indiana_Jim
    2049 posts Member
    So last night it was working ok, but today once again I spent the one hour I had to play some and got nothing! This pi$$e$ me off more than anything!
  • Spiito
    1688 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    This is a nice sight to drink in.

Release your anger~

(Tee-hee)

giphy.gif
  • Ren008
    15 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Same issue here since Friday at least. Cant find a game to save my life or it dumps me into empty servers... Changing ping-site from Ohio to anything else worked once and now doesn't help with anything. So much for double xp weekend!

POS POS POS game!
  • moonalien
    460 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    or maybe its the first thing that pops into your head but you dont wanna say? people have left the game! the Roadmap & last update was the final straw! doubt many players will be around for geonosis, good luck finding a match in winter...
  • stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    DICE has failed your highness. The matchmaking is an abomination, like BF2015 before it.
  • I was able to get in earlier by joining on a friend. I played arcade while waiting in the queue.
  • Are they trying to test that abomination of a "matchmaking system" again? Every time they test it, it is even worse than before. Every. Single. Time. If they can't get the system to stop making new matches when there aren't enough players to fill them, it will NEVER work.
    I've said this in a number of threads now: It is time to ABANDON this horrible system. It doesn't work. EA has no idea how to fix it. They've probably spent thousands on trying to make this work, but they will save thousands more if they abandon it. But that would be a sensible business decision, and I'm not confident they know how to make those over there.
  • stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    every time they test matchmaking it's even worse than the time before it, so that means every time you see the matchmaking button, you'll probably be on the worst team of your life.

what about today Peter. was today the worst matchmaking experience of your life?

Yeah.

Whoa that's messed up.

#officespacesstarwarscollabo
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    every time they test matchmaking it's even worse than the time before it, so that means every time you see the matchmaking button, you'll probably be on the worst team of your life.

what about today Peter. was today the worst matchmaking experience of your life?

Yeah.

Whoa that's messed up.

#officespacesstarwarscollabo

#serverbrowser
    Help me make this a thing.
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • razorus09
    113 posts Member
    I have spent an HOUR trying to find a single match, and the one I did find had horribly unplayable lag! I sat in an empty GA lobby for 20 minutes! What is even going on over there at Battlefront 2 Server HQ? How in the flip are EA supposed to expect the PLAYERS to support the game if EVERY UPDATE has these bugs or lag or errors or whatever? I mean, I’m usually the positive one, gang. I’m almost Dash-Level positive but I can’t find a match on Double XP weekend? I don’t even have words. Now at least. After I used them all.

What regionn are u playin ? im on singapore cant find a single match , but find instantly in germany lol
  • stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    i wish it was going to happen but i feel as though it is too late my schhhhhon (vader). They cant do sever browser anymore but we need a jedi master to weigh in. this is something that had to come at launch? any programmers/IS experts out there know about this? is it too much work to change it now? is the infrastructure no longer there?
  • why yes, today WAS the worst so far, because I didn't even get on a team. Just one empty room after another, me and the crickets. In the past, if I got dumped in an empty lobby, I could at least leave and come back and eventually find something, but today, NOTHING. I'm seeing a lot of chatter today, mostly from PS4 players, that they can't find games at all anymore. Ping sites keep randomly changing, and many players can't get a game in any game mode.
  • stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    why yes, today WAS the worst so far, because I didn't even get on a team. Just one empty room after another, me and the crickets. In the past, if I got dumped in an empty lobby, I could at least leave and come back and eventually find something, but today, NOTHING. I'm seeing a lot of chatter today, mostly from PS4 players, that they can't find games at all anymore. Ping sites keep randomly changing, and many players can't get a game in any game mode.

a million voices cried out for a game but were suddenly silenced. i feel something terrible has happened (matchmaking testing).
  • thorzhammers
    384 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for the post @Indiana_Jim... I have enjoyed reading your positive posts in the past, and have agreed with you. I'm also on ps4, I don't get as much time as I'd like to play this game. However, I knew about this double XP and made it a priority to try and get my heroes leveled up like the rest if you pros here. I also struggled last night to find matches, I'm west coast in Washington. This is the first time I've had such a problem. Even the GA matches weren't full. And SA couldn't even get a match going lost patience waiting.

I hate to add to the anger.... BUT... I have definitely noticed an overall decline in playability after this last update and am seeing a lot more bugs than I ever have noticed. Usually my love of this game had allowed me to ignore the bugs.
    Last night I finally reached level 50 and my Platinum trophy did not pop. I closed BF2 signed off and on again.... Fortunately it did pop, but made me sweat for five minutes.....

I don't know Jim, but this could be a rough couple months before clone wars... I'm really doubting right now.

We must keep hope... It's getting tough though.
  • Toddyrocket
    2319 posts Member
    I just tried for the sake of it
    I could get in games straight away in Australia, Oregon, Virginia ,Germany ,Brazil and Ireland.
    The rest i couldn't get a game in Great Britain, Ohio, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan,South Korea and United Arab Emirates
    Thats on ps4
    You guys can work out the time in different countries
    I just tried just then
  • Toddyrocket
    2319 posts Member
    The downside to that test is i can't get it to stay on the Australian server now
    There should be a server lock
    So it only changes when you want it to
    Everytime i put it on Australia and try a game
    I check options and it's on Hong Kong and i can't get a game now lol
    But if i go to Oregon it stays on it and i can get a game
    My patience is being tested
  • I live relatively close to Oregon, and that ping site has always worked well for me in the past, but today I couldn't get a game on Oregon for anything, and the ping site kept randomly switching to UK, Ohio, and one other one. I have never messed with the ping site, so I don't know what is up. Also on PS4.
  • stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    "milord, there are so many uncharted ping sites. it could be oregon. it could be ohio-"
    "that is it, that is the ping site, and im sure the matchmaking is with it. set your course for the UK ping site. General veers, prepare your server!"
  • VaperEyes
    599 posts Member
    Find out what Server(s) your connecting to and their Ping rate (posted on November 19, 2017 under the Multiplayer link on the right of this screen)
    a quote from richcz3 (member):
    "Without a Server Browser, you're pretty much at the mercy of the game to connect you to an available server. The way to know what Servers are available, is to go to the Options menu. Click on EA Account and you will see Multiplayer Settings. Ping Site are the available Servers to you. in my case being in California. The closest Server is in Oregon. That's great if I lived near Oregon. From the looks of this list. There aren't that many servers available nation wide Oregon, Virginia and Ohio.
    It goes without saying Lag contributes to that all too familiar Hit Reg issue in the Frostbite Engine games."
  • Found a workaround for PS4 that worked for me. Pain in the bottom, though. Changed ping site to preferred ping site WHILE the game search was in progress. Took a couple of tries for the timing to be right. Someone posted it in another forum.
  • Azelrazel
    611 posts Member
    The downside to that test is i can't get it to stay on the Australian server now
    There should be a server lock
    So it only changes when you want it to
    Everytime i put it on Australia and try a game
    I check options and it's on Hong Kong and i can't get a game now lol
    But if i go to Oregon it stays on it and i can get a game
    My patience is being tested
    Australian player here
    Having the same thing with staying in Australia, always switches back to Japan :#. I find if I get in a match of whatever it'll then lock back into Australia, which allows me to check what I want to play.

If in doubt and I can't find games in Japan/Hong Kong, US Virginia seems to be where all the muricans are.
  • TheScape
    1943 posts Member
    Had the same issues on PS4 during the whole weekend. It was so painful that I decided to skip my dailies on Saturday after spending almost half an hour to find a single match. Yesterday, I did a lot of tests and every time I tried to select Germany (it gave me the lowest ping) it keep putting me in Australia... Switching to United Kingdom or Ireland seemed to keep me there but then I couldn't get a single lobby that wasn't empty.

There was something seriously wrong with matchmaking this weekend and it's sad because it was a double exp one. It shouldn't be like that.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Found a workaround for PS4 that worked for me. Pain in the bottom, though. Changed ping site to preferred ping site WHILE the game search was in progress. Took a couple of tries for the timing to be right. Someone posted it in another forum.
    This actually works. Not every player would know to do this though :(
  • Happens to me sometimes on PC as well. Guess the population is really dying out.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • Change ping sites.

Tried that with interesting results. The first time I looked it had me pinging Australia. I changed it back, tried again, checked again, then was pinging Singapore. Took several tried to get it to stay on Ohio, still didn’t help.

I had the same issue a few months back, where it kept putting me in South Africa. But I just waited this issue out, and kept changing back to Virginia, and finally it stayed on the one that I put it. It is just an odd bug, give it a few hours. If it does work after then, I would report it to the EA bug department.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Answers HQ has posts about this issue. I’ll try switching during the search though.