criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Skirmish/Offline Content

16364666869105

Replies

  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    Is Arcade such a low priority for the devs that they're Not even bothering bug testing it? If this is the sign of things to come for offline then the future looks bleak for Arcade content.

    The bug testing seems to be lacking in all aspects of the game so I don't think this an indicator of the future of Arcade.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • ross42899 wrote: »
    I'm still assuming that the new announced large game mode will be the mode we will get for offline too. They did say we won't get a GA copy for offline and that they are working on a large offline mode quite someime ago. To me it makes only sense to create a new large mode for offline and online as well.


    I'm glad they did increase the map boundaries in starfighter arcade, they still need to improve AI and fix the turrets of capital ships and platforms, so they will always fire and aways be destroyable.

    I think the new large mode is what we will get in Arcade as well. If this is the case, it would make sense that they haven't shown anything for Arcade because they have to finish the mode before they can do AI for it.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • SAM4XE
    316 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    Is Arcade such a low priority for the devs that they're Not even bothering bug testing it? If this is the sign of things to come for offline then the future looks bleak for Arcade content.

    The bug testing seems to be lacking in all aspects of the game so I don't think this an indicator of the future of Arcade.

    Yeah! I thought you'd say something like that. You seem way too optimistic that Arcade will be getting stuff like Ai heroes even though the chances are slim to none. Your expectations seem extremely unrealistic. a7p3ptmzwee1.gif
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    Is Arcade such a low priority for the devs that they're Not even bothering bug testing it? If this is the sign of things to come for offline then the future looks bleak for Arcade content.

    The bug testing seems to be lacking in all aspects of the game so I don't think this an indicator of the future of Arcade.

    I'm actually encountering far more bugs in multiplayer than I am in Arcade... but then, bugs that upset the balance of the game (like the bug with Palpatine's lightning ability) don't affect Arcade as severely as it does multiplayer.
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • I have noticed when playing Team battles in Starfighter Arcade- there are definitely more AI enemies than before and they are a tad more aggressive. Still don't use abilities or missiles.
  • I think we may get star fighter assault first then a big game mode for infantry next. Why? well in the last 8 months we haven't gotten any maps for infantry extended here we have, To me that says they may be micro patching things into star fighter arcade to get it ready for assault.................. or I am just seeing things either way it's the right direction for arcade.
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    I have noticed when playing Team battles in Starfighter Arcade- there are definitely more AI enemies than before and they are a tad more aggressive. Still don't use abilities or missiles.

    They use missiles, just not against the player for some reason... I don't get it.
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • SAM4XE
    316 posts Member
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    I have noticed when playing Team battles in Starfighter Arcade- there are definitely more AI enemies than before and they are a tad more aggressive. Still don't use abilities or missiles.

    They use missiles, just not against the player for some reason... I don't get it.

    I know why! They were purposely coded not to target human ships.
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    Is Arcade such a low priority for the devs that they're Not even bothering bug testing it? If this is the sign of things to come for offline then the future looks bleak for Arcade content.

    The bug testing seems to be lacking in all aspects of the game so I don't think this an indicator of the future of Arcade.

    Yeah! I thought you'd say something like that. You seem way too optimistic that Arcade will be getting stuff like Ai heroes even though the chances are slim to none. Your expectations seem extremely unrealistic. a7p3ptmzwee1.gif

    This whole game has been getting content slowly and bugs a plenty. Palpatine is so out of whack now that the devs deactivated him (unless you play Arcade offline). The devs have said multiple times there will be more added to Arcade. The latest of these was on June 29th when f8rge said they are working on something for Arcade but can't share specifics yet. I do think we will get hero AI down the line; however, it is not that big of a deal if we don't. If Battle Front Updates is accurate, they are hiring people to work on this game. the hiring process takes time. I think the next major Arcade update will be October to November.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • SAM4XE
    316 posts Member
    [
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    Is Arcade such a low priority for the devs that they're Not even bothering bug testing it? If this is the sign of things to come for offline then the future looks bleak for Arcade content.

    The bug testing seems to be lacking in all aspects of the game so I don't think this an indicator of the future of Arcade.

    Yeah! I thought you'd say something like that. You seem way too optimistic that Arcade will be getting stuff like Ai heroes even though the chances are slim to none. Your expectations seem extremely unrealistic. a7p3ptmzwee1.gif

    This whole game has been getting content slowly and bugs a plenty. Palpatine is so out of whack now that the devs deactivated him (unless you play Arcade offline). The devs have said multiple times there will be more added to Arcade. The latest of these was on June 29th when f8rge said they are working on something for Arcade but can't share specifics yet. I do think we will get hero AI down the line; however, it is not that big of a deal if we don't. If Battle Front Updates is accurate, they are hiring people to work on this game. the hiring process takes time. I think the next major Arcade update will be October to November.

    Their is no way they're going to release major content for Arcade anytime soon that could even remotely affect online player base. @F8RGE specifically said in a tweet that their focusing on Multiplayer. I predict any major offline content won't happen until at least sometime next year.
  • Sam4xe, Do you have a link to f8rge tweeting that? Even if it is next year, we still have more Arcade content coming so I am happy about that.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • SAM4XE
    316 posts Member
    Sam4xe, Do you have a link to f8rge tweeting that? Even if it is next year, we still have more Arcade content coming so I am happy about that.

    I can't find it but now that I think about it someone posted a screenshot of conversation from a social network page where he definitely said they're focusing on Multiplayer. If you doubt me ask Ben yourself, I'm sure he'll be able to answer your question. Regarding your other comment about happy to wait.dg1q54dckabb.gif
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    Sam4xe, Do you have a link to f8rge tweeting that? Even if it is next year, we still have more Arcade content coming so I am happy about that.

    I can't find it but now that I think about it someone posted a screenshot of conversation from a social network page where he definitely said they're focusing on Multiplayer. If you doubt me ask Ben yourself, I'm sure he'll be able to answer your question. Regarding your other comment about happy to wait.dg1q54dckabb.gif

    @F8RGE Are the devs currently focusing om online? When will we hear more about Arcade?
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Another interesting thing I noticed when playing team battles in arcade was that the clones may have new appearances. I was playing Naboo as the republic and noticed the clones had a burgundy pauldron and marking on the back of the uniform that I could swear were not there before. I could swear they were black and white with no markings before.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1286 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    Another interesting thing I noticed when playing team battles in arcade was that the clones may have new appearances. I was playing Naboo as the republic and noticed the clones had a burgundy pauldron and marking on the back of the uniform that I could swear were not there before. I could swear they were black and white with no markings before.

    Might be class based. Some classes have those. It would be cool to have more AI customization in Arcade though.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I tried Assault, Heavy and Specialist classes and they all had the burgundy colorings.
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    I tried Assault, Heavy and Specialist classes and they all had the burgundy colorings.

    What? The Clones on Naboo have always had burgundy stripes, ever since the beta. I hate it myself; they should've just used the Coruscant Guard skin for Naboo, since it looks very similar and it makes sense that Palpatine would assign them to protect his homeworld.
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    I tried Assault, Heavy and Specialist classes and they all had the burgundy colorings.

    It is possible you noticed the burgundy coloring since they took the hologram effect off.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I think we may get star fighter assault first then a big game mode for infantry next. Why? well in the last 8 months we haven't gotten any maps for infantry extended here we have, To me that says they may be micro patching things into star fighter arcade to get it ready for assault.................. or I am just seeing things either way it's the right direction for arcade.

    Hopefully, we will hear more about Arcade in August.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • While I was playing Starfighter Team Battle last night, I encountered a problem with the AI not respawning with a disproportionate team rule set. I had 10 ships on one team and 2 on the other, and 8 of the 10 ships on the former team would not respawn after they were destroyed. So it always ended up 2v2.

    I tried it several times and this happened every match. It was really disappointing. Is DICE aware of this issue? Because this needs to be fixed ASAP. :disappointed:
    "All wings report in."
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    While I was playing Starfighter Team Battle last night, I encountered a problem with the AI not respawning with a disproportionate team rule set. I had 10 ships on one team and 2 on the other, and 8 of the 10 ships on the former team would not respawn after they were destroyed. So it always ended up 2v2.

    I tried it several times and this happened every match. It was really disappointing. Is DICE aware of this issue? Because this needs to be fixed ASAP. :disappointed:

    You should make a bug report for this on Answers HQ EA site :)
  • SAM4XE
    316 posts Member
    The problem i have with Arcade(particularly Starfighter arcade) is that the Ai is incredibly unbalanced in favour of Rebels which forces me to pick the Empire side just to make it slightly more of a challenge. Even choosing 50% less bots on my team is too easy when playing as rebel Starfighters. Bots in tie fighters have incredibly poor hit accuracy and seem to collide with space debris a lot more than Rebels.
  • SAM4XE
    316 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Now it appears that the ai spawning bug not only affects Starfighter Onslaught but also team battles. My patience for this game is wearing extremely thin

    2socentxbe6d.gif


  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    Now it appears that the ai spawning bug not only affects Starfighter Onslaught but also team battles. My patience for this game is wearing extremely thin

    2socentxbe6d.gif


    I haven't encountered this issue myself, having played several games of Team Battle and Starfighter Team Battle since the update. What platform are you on?
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • SAM4XE
    316 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    Now it appears that the ai spawning bug not only affects Starfighter Onslaught but also team battles. My patience for this game is wearing extremely thin

    2socentxbe6d.gif


    I haven't encountered this issue myself, having played several games of Team Battle and Starfighter Team Battle since the update. What platform are you on?

    Identical Bug happens on PS4, XB1 and PC. Only seems to happen when teams are unbalanced (for example 4 v 10)
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    Now it appears that the ai spawning bug not only affects Starfighter Onslaught but also team battles. My patience for this game is wearing extremely thin

    2socentxbe6d.gif


    I haven't encountered this issue myself, having played several games of Team Battle and Starfighter Team Battle since the update. What platform are you on?

    Identical Bug happens on PS4, XB1 and PC. Only seems to happen when teams are unbalanced (for example 4 v 10)

    That would explain why I haven't encountered it, I only play 10 v 10.
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • I need a large scale mode with vehicles and troops offline like now! Getting annoyed with online superthumbs
  • Me to @KlownShueS the empty lobbys and players cheat, only afk players annoy me to and players not playing the objective. I want to have a enjoyable experience offline. Big maps, no map boundaries, for space and ground battles.
  • Me to @KlownShueS the empty lobbys and players cheat, only afk players annoy me to and players not playing the objective. I want to have a enjoyable experience offline. Big maps, no map boundaries, for space and ground battles.

    Yeah yesterday on Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) I had a player kill me in 2 hits in “Heroes vs Villains” they’ve got to be kidding, there is cheaters for sure.

    We need as many modes as possible available Offline.


    The only reason now I go play Star Wars Battlefront (2015) is to play “Skirmish Offline”.

    I was crushed when “Hero Starfighters” was not available Offline with bots...that’s why I have not been posting a lot...I was depressed. I’m starting to bounce back though.

    I reeeeally hope this huge mode Offline will be all it’s hyped up to be.

    Takes me back to black ops 2. :( its not fair.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1286 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Me to @KlownShueS the empty lobbys and players cheat, only afk players annoy me to and players not playing the objective. I want to have a enjoyable experience offline. Big maps, no map boundaries, for space and ground battles.

    Yeah yesterday on Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) I had a player kill me in 2 hits in “Heroes vs Villains” they’ve got to be kidding, there is cheaters for sure.

    We need as many modes as possible available Offline.


    The only reason now I go play Star Wars Battlefront (2015) is to play “Skirmish Offline”.

    I was crushed when “Hero Starfighters” was not available Offline with bots...that’s why I have not been posting a lot...I was depressed. I’m starting to bounce back though.

    I reeeeally hope this huge mode Offline will be all it’s hyped up to be.

    According to the thread user Scoundrel started, the new mode large mode will deliver. https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/115371/stealth-offline-testing-ongoing#latest

    I haven't played SWBF 2015 since before SWBF 2017 so I haven't seen these changes.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • AxeWin
    45 posts Member
    Stop spreading that thread.

    There is absolutely nothing new in the BF2015 skirmish.

    Its EXACTLY how it was the last time it got updated last year!
  • AxeWin wrote: »
    Stop spreading that thread.

    There is absolutely nothing new in the BF2015 skirmish.

    Its EXACTLY how it was the last time it got updated last year!
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    vyrjola wrote: »
    Ok I played swbf1 few rounds and yes there was friendly at-st! Also the AI felt different and challenging, they actually defended the uplinks and took cover when they were pinned down. The uplinks were much more online than in previous matches I've played skirmish. Was all of this there before or have I just got so used to low quality AI of SWBF2? Also what I noticed is that starfighters rained down fire on ground more aggressively.

    0ho35ce8npfp.jpg

    Yep! This is what I've been saying... The AI is more aggressive, challenging, and strategic. Glad I'm not alone in seeing it. The friendly ATSTs are there for sure wrrakong havoc. They were never a factor before. Skirmish plays amazing now... This is not hyperbole. Skirmish is different. Say what you will... Believe the game is not being tinkered with... But I'm here to tell you, it is... And I'd be willing to bet that it's being done for the sole purpose of working out the kinks on AI logic for Arcade in BF2.
  • SAM4XE
    316 posts Member
    This is what
    AxeWin wrote: »
    Stop spreading that thread.

    There is absolutely nothing new in the BF2015 skirmish.

    Its EXACTLY how it was the last time it got updated last year!

    Updates don't need to be in the form of client patches. Have you never heard of server side updates?
  • AxeWin
    45 posts Member
    In case its not a Troll.

    I am a BF2015 Skirmish player I like it a lot I have been playing it almost everyday since it was added to the game.

    Its EXACTLY the same AI has when it was patched for the last time by DICE a long long time ago.

    There is absolutely nothing new in the AI.

    The Rebel AI bugs exactly at the same spot in the corridor in the Rebel base on Hoth and the friendly AT-ST AI its always been there.

    I wont be answering about this anymore. Its pointless.

    Sorry to bust your Hope.
  • SAM4XE
    316 posts Member
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    So, I figured I would set the record straight...

    I'm not trolling anyone here. I'm not making things up. I get nothing out of it. There's no benfefit. I've played a ton of Skirmish since its release, and I've continued to do so regularly. I've noticed significant changes that can only be attributed something behind the scenes changing (like a server side patch/update). It plays differently now, and it started to play better about a week or two ago. It is my belief that any changes made to Skirmish are done for the sole purpose of testing the waters for what the Devs can and cannot pull off in an offline setting. Do I think there going to magically take anything from SKIRMSIH and abracadabra it into Arcade? No. Is the programming and coding similar between the two games. I'm sure it bears more than a few few similarities. Do I think it's logical that they could make tweaks to the AI that is already programmed and see how it reacts in a pretty safe (and already live) testing environment, to see what works and what doesn't in preparation from rolling out similar changes to Arcade? You bet your sweet Sullustans, I do.

    (I usually play as the Empire on NORMAL difficulty. On PS4. I'm always logged in online, but I play Skirmish).
    For the first time, after 2 years of playing the mode, I noticed friendly AI AT-ST walkers roaming around blasting rebel troops. Now, I thought that was completely new. Some users here and on Reddit have pointed out to me that friendly AT-STs have been there since the beginning. After checking out some videos (like Massive Gs) it seems like they were there at the launch of Skirmish. I can't deny what I've seen in those videos, but I also can't ignore what I've seen with my own eyes. Why suddenly now do I see them, everywhere, wreaking havoc? I think there's been a change, server side to the AI. Also, I'm not the only one to suddenly notice this happening now. Why? Perhaps they were there from the start. I can't argue that they weren't after seeing the video. But I can for certain tell you that in all my time playing, I had never witnessed it happen before until very recently. Why?

    If you don't want to believe me, that's cool. You don't have to. You're entitled to your opinion. But don't tell others to ignore what I've been saying because you don't like it... Or because you're in the "EA SUCKS" camp. Or because some youtubers or "leakers" have convinced you that DICE is never going to update anything.... Or because you say it's "EXACTLY" the same, because you refuse to believe any othe narrative. It's not the same.

    If you go into it with an open mind you will clearly see that the AI is behaving differently. Yes, the patterns are generally the same, but the AI is suddenly more challenging. More aggressive. They have actively held me back from advancing on every uplink. Sure eventually you get through, because it's AI bots, and it's on Normal setting, but before this you could always cut through the bots like butter. At will. Not anymore.

    The AI is actively defending the uplinks instead of just a group of them wandering in the general direction of the uplink and just standing there until you kill them. That is definitively different.

    Here's something else...
    Starfighter Assault has those little red circle icons on every ship to use as a target. That's new to BF2, correct? Everyone complained when they saw it for the first time—because it was new and kinda hokey. Well, I've witnessed that same red circle icon on fighters in Survival mode AND Skirmish now. Was that always there too? Spoiler alert... No.
    Did the entire playerbase forget that the red icons were there in BF2015 (for two years) and then were surprised by the "new" mechanic in BF2017?

    And... I've seen what I believe was a enemy hero icon on the mini-map. Twice, in Skirmish. A thick red hollow circle (not a big red dot). I've never seen the actual hero on the battlefield. (By the time I get to the spot the icon is long gone). This never happened before either, yet suddenly this is appearing.

    Yes, a server side update is possible. Yes, ongoing AI testing for Arcade is possible. These bots are now behaving like they are attacking and defending a command post...not an uplink station.

    Telling people to stop spreading the thread? Sure, lets just have 50 more "I want Slave Leia skin" threads instead... Because that contributes to the community, right? The attitude is bush-league, babyish, and narrow-minded. Or maybe the rest of us should just stop having thoughts and opinions altogether because you might not agree?

    Look, everyone here loves Star Wars, and loves the Battlefront Games. I personally want a ton more content, like I'm sure everyone else does. Especially large-scale content for Arcade.

    Whether you want to see it or not, there have been changes made to Skirmish. The only reason to make changes to Skirmish (when the dev team has limited time and resources) is because they are trying to test out changes to AI in preparation of rolling out a Large offline mode...and possibly AI expansions to Conquest online (like a 32 v 32 human/bot mix of players). Why not test in arcade now? THERE ARE NO OBJECTIVES IN PLACE. If you can program AI to swarm and hold position on an uplink, you can program AI to swarm, hold, and defend a command post.

    I might be wrong. I hope I'm right. Not because I have an agenda, or YouTube likes to get, or click-bait to hook people with, or whatever else anyone wants to claim. But because I really want to see a large sandbox conquest offline mode for Arcade, with vehicles, AI heroes, and tons of skins. I don't claim to know everything, but I do know certain things that maybe some folks aren't privy to. Mostly, I look at the evidence in front of me, and make educated guesses as to what going to happen. The one thing I don't do is tell others to not spread someone's else's thread, or invalidate their ideas, regardless of how ridiculous, immature, or short-sighted the opinion is. That's their right. I'd ask that you respect mine as well.

    Well said Scoundrel, well said!

    4ee052pfq1hx.gif
  • AxeWin wrote: »
    In case its not a Troll.

    I am a BF2015 Skirmish player I like it a lot I have been playing it almost everyday since it was added to the game.

    Its EXACTLY the same AI has when it was patched for the last time by DICE a long long time ago.

    There is absolutely nothing new in the AI.

    The Rebel AI bugs exactly at the same spot in the corridor in the Rebel base on Hoth and the friendly AT-ST AI its always been there.

    I wont be answering about this anymore. Its pointless.

    Sorry to bust your Hope.

    Are you logged in to the servers when you play Skirmish? I haven't played for a while so I can't say whether or not the changes exist.

    Scoundrel wrote: »
    So, I figured I would set the record straight...

    I'm not trolling anyone here. I'm not making things up. I get nothing out of it. There's no benfefit. I've played a ton of Skirmish since its release, and I've continued to do so regularly. I've noticed significant changes that can only be attributed something behind the scenes changing (like a server side patch/update). It plays differently now, and it started to play better about a week or two ago. It is my belief that any changes made to Skirmish are done for the sole purpose of testing the waters for what the Devs can and cannot pull off in an offline setting. Do I think there going to magically take anything from SKIRMSIH and abracadabra it into Arcade? No. Is the programming and coding similar between the two games. I'm sure it bears more than a few few similarities. Do I think it's logical that they could make tweaks to the AI that is already programmed and see how it reacts in a pretty safe (and already live) testing environment, to see what works and what doesn't in preparation from rolling out similar changes to Arcade? You bet your sweet Sullustans, I do.

    (I usually play as the Empire on NORMAL difficulty. On PS4. I'm always logged in online, but I play Skirmish).
    For the first time, after 2 years of playing the mode, I noticed friendly AI AT-ST walkers roaming around blasting rebel troops. Now, I thought that was completely new. Some users here and on Reddit have pointed out to me that friendly AT-STs have been there since the beginning. After checking out some videos (like Massive Gs) it seems like they were there at the launch of Skirmish. I can't deny what I've seen in those videos, but I also can't ignore what I've seen with my own eyes. Why suddenly now do I see them, everywhere, wreaking havoc? I think there's been a change, server side to the AI. Also, I'm not the only one to suddenly notice this happening now. Why? Perhaps they were there from the start. I can't argue that they weren't after seeing the video. But I can for certain tell you that in all my time playing, I had never witnessed it happen before until very recently. Why?

    If you don't want to believe me, that's cool. You don't have to. You're entitled to your opinion. But don't tell others to ignore what I've been saying because you don't like it... Or because you're in the "EA SUCKS" camp. Or because some youtubers or "leakers" have convinced you that DICE is never going to update anything.... Or because you say it's "EXACTLY" the same, because you refuse to believe any othe narrative. It's not the same.

    If you go into it with an open mind you will clearly see that the AI is behaving differently. Yes, the patterns are generally the same, but the AI is suddenly more challenging. More aggressive. They have actively held me back from advancing on every uplink. Sure eventually you get through, because it's AI bots, and it's on Normal setting, but before this you could always cut through the bots like butter. At will. Not anymore.

    The AI is actively defending the uplinks instead of just a group of them wandering in the general direction of the uplink and just standing there until you kill them. That is definitively different.

    Here's something else...
    Starfighter Assault has those little red circle icons on every ship to use as a target. That's new to BF2, correct? Everyone complained when they saw it for the first time—because it was new and kinda hokey. Well, I've witnessed that same red circle icon on fighters in Survival mode AND Skirmish now. Was that always there too? Spoiler alert... No.
    Did the entire playerbase forget that the red icons were there in BF2015 (for two years) and then were surprised by the "new" mechanic in BF2017?

    And... I've seen what I believe was a enemy hero icon on the mini-map. Twice, in Skirmish. A thick red hollow circle (not a big red dot). I've never seen the actual hero on the battlefield. (By the time I get to the spot the icon is long gone). This never happened before either, yet suddenly this is appearing.

    Yes, a server side update is possible. Yes, ongoing AI testing for Arcade is possible. These bots are now behaving like they are attacking and defending a command post...not an uplink station.

    Telling people to stop spreading the thread? Sure, lets just have 50 more "I want Slave Leia skin" threads instead... Because that contributes to the community, right? The attitude is bush-league, babyish, and narrow-minded. Or maybe the rest of us should just stop having thoughts and opinions altogether because you might not agree?

    Look, everyone here loves Star Wars, and loves the Battlefront Games. I personally want a ton more content, like I'm sure everyone else does. Especially large-scale content for Arcade.

    Whether you want to see it or not, there have been changes made to Skirmish. The only reason to make changes to Skirmish (when the dev team has limited time and resources) is because they are trying to test out changes to AI in preparation of rolling out a Large offline mode...and possibly AI expansions to Conquest online (like a 32 v 32 human/bot mix of players). Why not test in arcade now? THERE ARE NO OBJECTIVES IN PLACE. If you can program AI to swarm and hold position on an uplink, you can program AI to swarm, hold, and defend a command post.

    I might be wrong. I hope I'm right. Not because I have an agenda, or YouTube likes to get, or click-bait to hook people with, or whatever else anyone wants to claim. But because I really want to see a large sandbox conquest offline mode for Arcade, with vehicles, AI heroes, and tons of skins. I don't claim to know everything, but I do know certain things that maybe some folks aren't privy to. Mostly, I look at the evidence in front of me, and make educated guesses as to what going to happen. The one thing I don't do is tell others to not spread someone's else's thread, or invalidate their ideas, regardless of how ridiculous, immature, or short-sighted the opinion is. That's their right. I'd ask that you respect mine as well.

    I certainly hope you are right. Using SWBF 2015 because of the objectives makes sense.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • aussieviking
    471 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    BF 2 is so close to the quality of BF2005 By the end of the year we will have more clone wars content and after that all we need is that big game mode offline and it's on par. Anything else like a playlist/Hero AI ETC and such would be a great bonus.
  • BF 2 is so close to the quality of BF2005 By the end of the year we will have more clone wars content and after that all we need is that big game mode offline and it's on par. Anything else like a playlist/Hero AI ETC and such would be a great bonus.

    Totally agree. ;)
  • Vergilius90
    31 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    What do you guys think, will we see Theed hangar-map arriving for offline players during Fall's or Winter's Clone wars-season? I'd love to play that map! Do you think devs holding it back like clone trooper-skins that got leaked before and now just waiting for time to release it?

    I just wish we knew what was going on with that map...Why isn't it playable offline yet?!
  • Loyaavod
    310 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    What do you guys think, will we see Theed hangar-map arriving for offline players during Fall's or Winter's Clone wars-season? I'd love to play that map! Do you think devs holding it back like clone trooper-skins that got leaked before and now just waiting for time to release it?

    I just wish we knew what was going on with that map...Why isn't it playable offline yet?!

    Or they just don't care about offline. Just like with the last game.

    They gave us small blast maps. Mos eisley, takodana and yavin 4 maps are smaller even than blast ones. No hvv or strike maps. Easter eggs don't work (hologram band, bridge in death star...). No special unit ai. No skin change or emotes for player 2 in split screen. Rebels on bespin have wrong appearance (tatooine). No ai skins. No bug fixes for arcade.

    They gave us only broken starfighter arcade.

    "Better and bigger skirmish"

    Just like 2005...
    Post edited by Loyaavod on
  • ross42899
    1472 posts Member
    Haven't played BF2015 skirmish in a while, so I just tried out a match after Scoundrels report. I played a match as the Empire on Endor on normal difficulty. The AI did feel a bit better/improved compared to when I played last time. It felt more aggressive and was attacking in larger groups than it did before, I think. So they maybe doing some AI test on the old game for BF2.
  • SAM4XE
    316 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Loyaavod wrote: »
    What do you guys think, will we see Theed hangar-map arriving for offline players during Fall's or Winter's Clone wars-season? I'd love to play that map! Do you think devs holding it back like clone trooper-skins that got leaked before and now just waiting for time to release it?

    I just wish we knew what was going on with that map...Why isn't it playable offline yet?!

    Or they just don't care about offline. Just like with the last game.

    They gave us small blast maps. Mos eisley, takodana and yavin 4 maps are smaller even than blast ones. No hvv or strike maps. Easter eggs don't work (hologram band, bridge in death star...). No special unit ai. No skin change or emotes for player 2 in split screen. Rebels on bespin have wrong appearance (tatooine). No ai skins. No bug fixes for arcade.

    They gave us only broken starfighter arcade.

    "Better and bigger skirmish"

    Just like 2005...

    I have to agree with you, Loyaavod! When skirmish was added to SWBF 2015 I was hopeful offline support would be greatly improved for the sequel but 2 years on I find myself going back to skirmish simply because Arcade mode is extremely basic. Arcade is rediculously restrictive and Starfighter Arcade is riddled with bugs and is unbalanced and shallow, imo!

    Had Criterion still been a part of BattlefrontII, I'm certain that Starfighter Arcade could've/would've been better than what we have. As it stands I reluctantly stand by my belief that Arcade will continue to get basic minimum content throughout the games lifespan.
  • What do you guys think, will we see Theed hangar-map arriving for offline players during Fall's or Winter's Clone wars-season? I'd love to play that map! Do you think devs holding it back like clone trooper-skins that got leaked before and now just waiting for time to release it?

    I just wish we knew what was going on with that map...Why isn't it playable offline yet?!

    It's possible it could come with the Clone Appearance update. There's no reason for them to hold it back, all of the new multiplayer maps that have been released thus far have been also made available for Arcade.
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Loyaavod
    310 posts Member
    What do you guys think, will we see Theed hangar-map arriving for offline players during Fall's or Winter's Clone wars-season? I'd love to play that map! Do you think devs holding it back like clone trooper-skins that got leaked before and now just waiting for time to release it?

    I just wish we knew what was going on with that map...Why isn't it playable offline yet?!

    It's possible it could come with the Clone Appearance update. There's no reason for them to hold it back, all of the new multiplayer maps that have been released thus far have been also made available for Arcade.

    There is no reason for them to hold back all hvv and strike maps that are different from the blast ones but they do it. There was no reason for them to not put appearance change in arcade but they did not put it. Etc.
  • ross42899 wrote: »
    Haven't played BF2015 skirmish in a while, so I just tried out a match after Scoundrels report. I played a match as the Empire on Endor on normal difficulty. The AI did feel a bit better/improved compared to when I played last time. It felt more aggressive and was attacking in larger groups than it did before, I think. So they maybe doing some AI test on the old game for BF2.

    I hope this leads to an awesome offline mode. I also hope the hero circles are them testing hero AI.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • SAM4XE
    316 posts Member
    ross42899 wrote: »
    Haven't played BF2015 skirmish in a while, so I just tried out a match after Scoundrels report. I played a match as the Empire on Endor on normal difficulty. The AI did feel a bit better/improved compared to when I played last time. It felt more aggressive and was attacking in larger groups than it did before, I think. So they maybe doing some AI test on the old game for BF2.

    I hope this leads to an awesome offline mode. I also hope the hero circles are them testing hero AI.

    Has anyone else witnessed hero circles on the mini-map? I have to be honest , I've not noticed it myself and I've played skirmish walker Assault extensively in recent weeks.
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    ross42899 wrote: »
    Haven't played BF2015 skirmish in a while, so I just tried out a match after Scoundrels report. I played a match as the Empire on Endor on normal difficulty. The AI did feel a bit better/improved compared to when I played last time. It felt more aggressive and was attacking in larger groups than it did before, I think. So they maybe doing some AI test on the old game for BF2.

    I hope this leads to an awesome offline mode. I also hope the hero circles are them testing hero AI.

    Has anyone else witnessed hero circles on the mini-map? I have to be honest , I've not noticed it myself and I've played skirmish walker Assault extensively in recent weeks.

    I haven't played that game since before BF2. I was referencing Scoundrel's topic which said some on reddit posted they saw them.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Starmasui73146
    1054 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    vyrjola wrote: »
    Ok I played swbf1 few rounds and yes there was friendly at-st! Also the AI felt different and challenging, they actually defended the uplinks and took cover when they were pinned down. The uplinks were much more online than in previous matches I've played skirmish. Was all of this there before or have I just got so used to low quality AI of SWBF2? Also what I noticed is that starfighters rained down fire on ground more aggressively.

    0ho35ce8npfp.jpg


    Yep! This is what I've been saying... The AI is more aggressive, challenging, and strategic. Glad I'm not alone in seeing it. The friendly ATSTs are there for sure wrrakong havoc. They were never a factor before. Skirmish plays amazing now... This is not hyperbole. Skirmish is different. Say what you will... Believe the game is not being tinkered with... But I'm here to tell you, it is... And I'd be willing to bet that it's being done for the sole purpose of working out the kinks on AI logic for Arcade in BF2.

    Holy cra#, Scoundrel is right! I don’t believe it...he’s right! I’m so excited, I just tested the map “Graveyard of Giants” Skirmish as Rebels on normal.

    Wave one:
    Within 40 seconds 4 Storm Troopers we’re coming over the rise.
    By 42 seconds 2 Snipers came over the dunes.
    Then things started to increase, the troopers even reached and deactivate the left uplink.
    Then 5 more troopers appeared by 1 min 20 sec.
    Then 8 more by 1 min 25 and deactivated the right uplink.
    Then 10 more by 2 min and they deactivated the left uplink.
    Then 6 more and the right uplink was again deactivated.
    Then right before the chance to fire on the AT-AT Walker there was a huge blitz of 10 Storm Troopers all at once.
    At this point the Walker became able to target.
    3 more Imperials showed up
    and then 11 more and they were in the middle of our way.
    Then I reached the Walker (like 20’ away) and 10 more Imps showed up to stop me.

    Wave two
    Okay this was just nuts and I loved it. I am so not kidding. Endless stormtroopers exploded over the rise in groups, I died after like 23 and they took the uplink on the left.
    I rushed back to find 10 more showing up, God knows how many died while I was away.
    1 AT-ST showed up.
    Then it was time to target the Walker again.
    16 Storm Troopers showed up while trying to target them.

    Both AT-AT Walkers fell.

    I am very impressed with the vast improvements. Love the troop increasing thing. Love the aggressiveness.

    However, I still think Walker health needs to be stronger though to make the battle last longer.
    “There is always hope.”
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!