criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Hero Showdown Experience

Prev1
F8RGE
886 posts EA Community Manager
In case you missed it, the increased experience gain for Hero Showdown is now live. Please do let us know your feedback.

Replies

• Dash
    11638 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for the heads up! Much appreciated. :blush:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• F8RGE wrote: »
    In case you missed it, the increased experience gain for Hero Showdown is now live. Please do let us know your feedback.

Offline xp level progression system, hero showdown with hero ai please for offline arcade. ;)
  • It would be a good mode if people didn't rage quit after 1 round then ur stuck with unbalanced game and no way to add players to get it going again. Everyone else is also forced to quit.
  • If you want this game to have a viable future you need to add personnel to at least port maps from bf2015. Expecting people to keep playing for a whole 6 months on the same maps they've been playing for 8 months already? EA needs to provide proper personnel to this game so you can beta test prior to adding and get some new maps on here (full large maps) before January or there won't be anyone around to play Geonosis. Just the facts, if you had proper staffing the beta tests would have shown the balancing problem immediately. Send this up the chain of command please I'm trying to help because I love Star Wars and between this and the new movies this brand is being killed.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    For me over 2 days I got error #1,066 and flat out couldn't play online, now at least the only modes the game finds matches for are HvV and GA, and that's by setting the ping site to Germany (I live in UK), all the other modes I get put into empty lobbies.

Couldn't take advantage of the 2XP WE to buff up my hero ships. And can't enjoy the experience changes for HS. This is frustrating. What's going on?
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • It’s one of my fave modes but the wait times are unbearable. Often pretty much infinite wait tines for a lobby to refill, And I’m a pretty patient dude.

Offline xp level progression system, hero showdown with hero ai please for offline arcade. ;)

Hero showdown offline would be cool, but progression offline isn't needed. Maybe profile xp with a cap similar to credits, but everything is unlocked in offline so why would you need progression?

Really arcade just needs a large scale and vs hero mode, along with all the online maps and it'll be set. Not too much missing.
  • Loving the extra XP.

Hero showdown offline would be cool, but progression offline isn't needed. Maybe profile xp with a cap similar to credits, but everything is unlocked in offline so why would you need progression?

Really arcade just needs a large scale and vs hero mode, along with all the online maps and it'll be set. Not too much missing.

I agree with you on that. :)
  • Alwe15
    1376 posts Member
    Aldric_18 wrote: »
    It would be a good mode if people didn't rage quit after 1 round then ur stuck with unbalanced game and no way to add players to get it going again. Everyone else is also forced to quit.

You can't really rate the quality of a new mode based on the fact that players throw their toys out the pram and rage quit ?

However, quicker repopulation would be beneficial.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    The experience pay-off is generous now. Great change.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Aldric_18 wrote: »
    If you want this game to have a viable future you need to add personnel to at least port maps from bf2015. Expecting people to keep playing for a whole 6 months on the same maps they've been playing for 8 months already? EA needs to provide proper personnel to this game so you can beta test prior to adding and get some new maps on here (full large maps) before January or there won't be anyone around to play Geonosis. Just the facts, if you had proper staffing the beta tests would have shown the balancing problem immediately. Send this up the chain of command please I'm trying to help because I love Star Wars and between this and the new movies this brand is being killed.

QFT
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    Add some daily challenges to fill this modes lobbies, like '10 kills in hero Showdown'...
  • WorldShuffle
    296 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    In my opinion with the increased XP, Starfighter Showdown is better than before, but I think for some ships it’s very easy to earn points and level up (eg Bobas Slave I with his seismic charge) instead of for example Hans Falcon. It’s very hard making damage or kills with an huge ship which doesn’t can escape or turn around quickly. You are just a big target and everyone shoots at you.
    So for those ‘difficult‘ ships it would be great if they would earn xp a bit faster.

Also it feels like that the small ones (Tallie, Iden, Yoda) are getting smashed really fast and quickly. One Seismic Charge is enough to make short work with them.
    I‘m not sure but it would be a fine improvement if they would have around the same amount of life like Poes X-Wing (around 2000 HP I guess?!).

Thoughts?
    Post edited by WorldShuffle on
  • Thanks for the extra XP! Much better.
  • TheLoneJedii
    341 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    With regard to Starfighter Heroes, Does anyone actually play this, only time i see people in it is when there is double xp, otherwise dead, think that pretty much sums it up.

Some ideas:

Add AI so you actually have a chance to play the hero ships for more than 10 seconds.
    Remove the hero icons so players have to actually find the ships.
    Increase the counter to 20 on each side.
    Allow players to spawn back in as heroes.
    Add some objectives to add some spice to it instead of just a head on.
    Randomise spawn points so players spawn in at different locations.
    Increase the stats on the ships so they aren't one shotted by Bobas seismic charge.

Just a thought.
    GcRvyBd.gif
    I have honestly seen better games made by companies with 1/1000th of the budget and resources, how can a game be worse almost 1 year after launch than it was when it started./center]
  • In my opinion with the increased XP, Hero Showdown is better than before, but I think for some ships it’s very easy to earn points and level up (eg Bobas Slave I with his seismic charge) instead of for example Hans Falcon. It’s very hard making damage or kills with an huge ship which doesn’t can escape or turn around quickly. You are just a big target and everyone shoots at you.
    So for those ‘difficult‘ ships it would be great if they would earn xp a bit faster.

Also it feels like that the small ones (Tallie, Iden, Yoda) are getting smashed really fast and quickly. One Seismic Charge is enough to make short work with them.
    I‘m not sure but it would be a fine improvement if they would have around the same amount of life like Poes X-Wing (around 2000 HP I guess?!).

Thoughts?

Eh, Hero Showdown doesn't have ships?
  • I do enjoy this mode, it's one of my favourites. Team balancing could be improved though, too many times I'm matched against people with maxed out boost cards on all heroes, while I'm trying to level up unpopular heroes.

Team balancing in every mode needs improvement. When you play a game like Overwatch, Blizzard roughly keep your win/loss ratio at 50% in all casual modes. This should be the norm, the only time you should be getting stomped is in competitive eSport modes.
  • Lol people always rage quit this gamemode. if you get a teammate who doesent work with you it can be frustrateing.
  • If only there were people playing... I don't know if the problem is with me or it's the matchmaking, or the population is getting lower, but at times I find games at an instant - HvV, Blast, GA, extraction. All those during the daytime. But once it gets late night I sometimes can't find a game at all.
    Really hoping it's the matchmaking and that it gets fixed, so I can play again normally anything that I want. Hero Starfighters has been a real pain in the ***** to get into , too.
  • Dash
    11638 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    If only there were people playing... I don't know if the problem is with me or it's the matchmaking, or the population is getting lower, but at times I find games at an instant - HvV, Blast, GA, extraction. All those during the daytime. But once it gets late night I sometimes can't find a game at all.
    Really hoping it's the matchmaking and that it gets fixed, so I can play again normally anything that I want. Hero Starfighters has been a real pain in the **** to get into , too.

It’s server side/MM. Yesterday I had issues finding matches, today none at all whatsoever. I play on PC. And mind you, until yesterday, I had never had an issue finding a game.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash wrote: »
    If only there were people playing... I don't know if the problem is with me or it's the matchmaking, or the population is getting lower, but at times I find games at an instant - HvV, Blast, GA, extraction. All those during the daytime. But once it gets late night I sometimes can't find a game at all.
    Really hoping it's the matchmaking and that it gets fixed, so I can play again normally anything that I want. Hero Starfighters has been a real pain in the **** to get into , too.

It’s server side/MM. Yesterday I had issues finding matches, today none at all whatsoever. I play on PC. And mind you, until yesterday, I had never had an issue finding a game.

Get a ps4 and i will teach you or put you down lol.
    Meet you in Oregon and you would still have 100 ms on me.
    Jokes aside it was playing up on me terrible for a few days and then touch wood.
    Its been back to normal .
    It's like the flu hit and miss this bug.
  • Dash
    11638 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »

Get a ps4 and i will teach you or put you down lol.
    Meet you in Oregon and you would still have 100 ms on me.
    Jokes aside it was playing up on me terrible for a few days and then touch wood.
    Its been back to normal .
    It's like the flu hit and miss this bug.

Yeah it’s like rolling blackouts with power. Hit or miss indeed.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• The_Rookie
    3870 posts Member
    Here’s my feedback:
    This experience stuff is insignificant and irrelevant. It does nothing to improve the game.

To improve Hero Showdown, do something about quitters. Players should not have to wait several minutes in between rounds because people quit all the time.

More importantly, get rid of the target system to improve HvV. What could have been a great mode has been destroyed by this flawed and heavily exploited system. Turn HvV into TDM/Hero Blast to make the mode fun rather than frustrating.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Devlin21
    8329 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Here’s my feedback:
    This experience stuff is insignificant and irrelevant. It does nothing to improve the game.

To improve Hero Showdown, do something about quitters. Players should not have to wait several minutes in between rounds because people quit all the time.

More importantly, get rid of the target system to improve HvV. What could have been a great mode has been destroyed by this flawed and heavily exploited system. Turn HvV into TDM/Hero Blast to make the mode fun rather than frustrating.

There should be a 5 minute ban from joining a game if you quit hvv, hs or hero sf in the middle of a match.Increases every tike you leave a match.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

I would love to see this added to the game.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

All this would make Arcade amazing. The only thing I'd add is simple objectives in the each Arcade mode; however, those would be bonus. If we got what you mentioned, I'd be super happy.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Liz4rD
    1114 posts Member

There should be a 5 minute ban from joining a game if you quit hvv, hs or hero sf in the middle of a match.Increases every tike you leave a match.

Sure? And if a player got connectivity issues (like sometimes myself) and get disconnected from the server? Does my garbage connection makes me accumulate a huge penalty because the server does not know if my disconnection is a technical issue or a voluntary disconnection?

All this would make Arcade amazing. The only thing I'd add is simple objectives in the each Arcade mode; however, those would be bonus. If we got what you mentioned, I'd be super happy.

So much this. Recently I see myself playing more arcade late at night when I can't find a game. Allow us to progress in arcade too. It doesn't hurt anybody if you level up in arcade and it doesn't make me stop playing online multiplayer.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1394 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    F8RGE wrote: »

So much this. Recently I see myself playing more arcade late at night when I can't find a game. Allow us to progress in arcade too. It doesn't hurt anybody if you level up in arcade and it doesn't make me stop playing online multiplayer.

Arcade also allows couch co-op so I am going to play Arcade when friends are over. Has a dev said the fear of online community leaving is influencing what they add to Arcade?
  • I really enjoy this game mode, IMO it is the most balanced hero game mode and it makes me happy that you now get a good amount of exp.

Arcade also allows couch co-op so I am going to play Arcade when friends are over. Has a dev said the fear of online community leaving is influencing what they add to Arcade?

I'm not sure if an official said it or it was a rumour/theory started by a forum member. I am also not sure if it was during BF2015 or BF2, but still... Why would you now allow us to level up in arcade? 1) Because people could exploit it; 2) Because some people would then stick to it because they prefer offline, but are now forced to play online if they wanna progress. (Not that you don't get everything maxed out while playing arcade now, but still...)
  • XP gain is great - it was incredibly low to the point I'd avoid the mode since it couldn't level up characters as quick as the other modes.

We truly just need a 4v4 hero showdown mode with as many maps as possible - more ports from 2015 would be nice while waiting for the new content as well.
  • Tigzee
    213 posts Member
    Anyone got news on any further changes or mode switches? @F8RGE back communicating anywhere?
  • I quit playing this game mode all together. Long waits, rage quitters and quick deaths. (Sometimes a positive.)

When they add challenges to Hero Showdown with emote rewards. I managed to get two. It wasn't worth it within 3 to 6 days to complete.

Playing with friends has the same result of getting angry when the challenge wasn't working.

tumblr_na5m0oSO0V1txqqiio1_1280.jpg
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • I primarily play with one friend and this is our favorite mode. We’ve gone from mildly competitive to usually dominating the opposite. When we get a pair who are better than us we stick with them because of the challenge and the opportunity to learn. I love the map strategies involved. More than any other mode, Hero Showdown map strategies are a huge factor. This mode is pure skill and tactics. There is no flank or blindside that you’re not aware of. There’s no excuses here. Our main words after losing is one or the other, or both just saying, “ Sorry man, I just blew it on that one.” After a victory we say, “ Guess they hadn’t heard...”.
  • playing with randos can be frustrating, especially if they run off ,do their own thing and get killed
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    HvV is better but please remove the target system - Hero blast.
  • Kniphtee wrote: »

I enjoy both. If you have a mic’d friend to play with then HS is probably the most fun mode.
  • Kamykatz
    217 posts Member
    I'm not playing the mode at all, only when forced to by silly challenges. Fortunately, I had most of the emotes anyway, so didn't need to do them. As others have said, with randoms this mode doesn't work well for me: matches are either over very quickly or are stalled by someone leaving. A BF2 player already spends enough time waiting in lobbies for that one elusive player to start the game.
  • Please allow players to see what heroes the enemy is choosing. Some heroes have a clear disadvantage against others. Two lightsabers vs a Phasma and any other Villain is a headache. Knowing what character to use will give the mode more space for strategic use of heroes.
  • Why is it that when i play hvv or hero showdown i get paired with the $tupidëst mother fkrs swbf2 has to offer.? It literally makes me want to strangle somebody
  • I enjoy hero showdown mode because it fast, less tense and just really enjoyable in my opinion.
  • Hero showdown is really fun. Me and my friend win all the time even against good people.
  • Kniphtee wrote: »

Regardless of having the target system or not, the spawns in HvV are one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen on Xbox live...and I’ve been playing since halo 2 days when modders would make you spawn in the air with auto target on your head and an automatic BR
  • Actually this game mode is one of my favorites and really enjoy it but jet pack cargo is the game mode that really needs improvement. But I personally want cargo to replace jet oak cargo but if you really want to keep that game mode in then at least let our Jetpack class gain experience from the gain mode and let that gain mode tie in with the jetpack daily challenges.
  • what ive experienced from this mode is all the messages, ive had to turn off incoming messages due to this, either its hate mail or people being smug...
  • Zinjo2017
    577 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Hero showdown is a great idea, just rushed out the door. For some bizarre reason the devs didn't think to include code to ensure that grinders are not paired up against newbs. If you are getting owned constantly because you are playing against experienced, skilled players and your partner has as much skill as you do, who wouldn't quit in a rage of frustration?
    The game itself needs this code, but a perfect microcosm of how it affects gameplay overall is in this mode!
    The best games, the most compelling and fun ones are the close matches where both sides are either fighting for the lead or it swings back and forth throughout. I love these matches, win or loose and I know I am not alone!
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Please remove the co-dependent Hero Showdown timed challenges. Especially now that we don’t all get the same challenges each day, this is a huge time sink to find anyone willing/able to help complete these—and that’s if the tracking works.
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    Please remove the co-dependent Hero Showdown timed challenges. Especially now that we don’t all get the same challenges each day, this is a huge time sink to find anyone willing/able to help complete these—and that’s if the tracking works.

Absolutely agree with this. While my partner and I thoroughly enjoy HS, the real ‘challenge’ with these challenges is finding a random that randomly picks the character needed for the random codependency challenges when your playing alone. Eh...?