criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Being stunned/ frozen to death. Do you enjoy it?

Replies

• Evazan127 wrote: »
    Some of the stuns seem uncounterable as heros.

But not all:
    kylo[extended]freeze
    Chewie stun
    Lando stun
    Iden stun
    Phasma stun
    Reys mind trick
    Vader choke
    (maybe)
    Officers flash grenade
    Sidious stun
    The annoying ones is when you have no clue there coming (or know that they could come at any time but can’t do much to stop it) and then half your health is gone from 1 hero and you couldn’t do anything about it.

I'm looking at Chewbacca and Lando specifically...the shock abilities are so annoying. And why is it that when you are mind tricked by Rey your sensitivity gets lowered? I would like it better if instead of messing with the sensitivity (which wasn't mentioned) the camera controls would be reversed like your movement controls.
    gctn47nz145u.png

I keep changing this for whatever reason but ehh...It can stay like this I suppose.
  • UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    it's part of the game. just adapt to it

I guess the lightside in my video just needed to adapt.

no just get over your poor positioning, respawn, and get back in the fight...I didn't even watch the video because I know it's just a complaint. they don't have any special access to abilities that you can't use as them.
  • Landeaux2
    3084 posts Member
    Oddly enough, getting stunned to death turns me on. It’s something about being unable to defend myself as I am relentlessly shot and swung at until I am dead that excites me...
    hcktg96to0vd.gif
  • Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Oddly enough, getting stunned to death turns me on. It’s something about being unable to defend myself as I am relentlessly shot and swung at until I am dead that excites me...
    hcktg96to0vd.gif

1x20vzrlhdv1.gif
    But I know the feeling, except when doing it to a rampaging Yoda or Rey.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    To answer the question in the title... Yes, I very much enjoy being stunned.

There's nothing like being frozen in place for five seconds and taking in a 360 degree view of the beautiful surroundings. Then there's getting choked by Lord Vader. Who wouldn't love a bird's eye view of the stunning scenery?

All four of those players were met with so much beauty, they felt like they couldn't take it.

well I wouldn't be able to take much either if his pal shot me with 10 rockets ;D
  • I like how some people can watch this vid and not see it as ridiculous that almost the entire lightside team died before their feet even touched the ground.

This games playerbase is blind on how pvp should work.

well to be fair the video

seems more like a harsh lesson on grouping. Also the villain side used teamwork, the same can be done with Lando or Chewbacca's stun. Or maybe even Rey's mind trick.
  • Techkiddz wrote: »
    I like how some people can watch this vid and not see it as ridiculous that almost the entire lightside team died before their feet even touched the ground.

seems more like a harsh lesson on grouping. Also the villain side used teamwork, the same can be done with Lando or Chewbacca's stun. Or maybe even Rey's mind trick.

not to the same extent. The darkside cleans house alot easier than the lightside. Being suspended in the air by choke like human punching bags. The lightside has no equivalent to unleash the hurt the way the darkside does in this video or in mine.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
    I like how some people can watch this vid and not see it as ridiculous that almost the entire lightside team died before their feet even touched the ground.

not to the same extent. The darkside cleans house alot easier than the lightside. Being suspended in the air by choke like human punching bags. The lightside has no equivalent to unleash the hurt the way the darkside does in this video or in mine.

Chewbacca and Han, Lando and Han
  • TheScape
    1944 posts Member
    Techkiddz wrote: »

Compare your only 2 pairs to all the possible combinations (with even up to 4 players stunning you one after another) using the dark side. Iden's Droid + Palpatine's Electrocute + Kylo's Freeze and if anybody is still alive, just Choke them with Vader.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • TheScape wrote: »

Compare your only 2 pairs to all the possible combinations (with even up to 4 players stunning you one after another) using the dark side. Iden's Droid + Palpatine's Electrocute + Kylo's Freeze and if anybody is still alive, just Choke them with Vader.

And if it doesn't connect, it leaves them wide open to retaliation. Iden has no shield, and everyone else stops in place for a second, which is a near death sentance against anything other than a single trooper.
  • TheScape
    1944 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »

And if it doesn't connect, it leaves them wide open to retaliation. Iden has no shield, and everyone else stops in place for a second, which is a near death sentance against anything other than a single trooper.

I was talking about HvV, not GA.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Wallofman
    1124 posts Member

You fail to understand one thing. The entire light side (3 players actually) died because your entire team, all 4 players attacked as one unit. Yes you froze them, but you, Vader, and Maul came in swinging and Palps hit them with chain lightning. They died because of team play. If it was just you, you MIGHT have been able to kill one of them. Then the other two would have gotten you. This video is not a good example for your arguement
  • EventHorizionOH
    1370 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Wallofman wrote: »

You fail to understand one thing. The entire light side (3 players actually) died because your entire team, all 4 players attacked as one unit. Yes you froze them, but you, Vader, and Maul came in swinging and Palps hit them with chain lightning. They died because of team play. If it was just you, you MIGHT have been able to kill one of them. Then the other two would have gotten you. This video is not a good example for your arguement

They were defeated because,

Kylo froze them.

Setting up perfect positioning 1 CC

Chain Lightning *stutter CC. Can be negligible.

Vader Choke Yet another CC

All while being shocked, frenzied, and spammed by maul....

That is a massive chain of CC's

They simply had no chance.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Techkiddz
    649 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Kylo froze them.

That doesn't change his point at all though. They all still attacked them in a tight spot at the same time. If Luke repulsed and made them fall, then Chewbacca or Lando stunned them, Han threw a detonate charge, and they all afterwards immediately swung and shot at them, they'd all die too,

Kylo froze them.

That doesn't change his point at all though. They all still attacked them in a tight spot at the same time. If Luke repulsed and made them fall, then Chewbacca or Lando stunned them, Han threw a detonate charge, and they all afterwards immediately swung and shot at them, they'd all die too,

This is false, all of that combined is not enough to take out a darkside team, with their superior mobility and abilities, they would recover and win the engagement.

Even if luke dropped in on freeze, and repulsed. We take next to no damage, we were to spread to all be hit by shock grenade, even if it did hit us, you're assuming luke wouldnt have knocked us out of it. You're assuming a group of randoms are going to perfectly chain their abilities in a way that they could almost have a chance of winning this engagement. That is false. You can't base everything on "yeah but this could have happened" it didn't and your scenerio is far-fetched.

It was to easy for us to do what we did to them with no communication what so ever. This is a frequent thing i can do as the darkside. Anyone can. It's easy and unbalanced.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • It's less about the effects themselves, but the synergy of dark side. For example, you can high jump to avoid a stun, but then you're just super vulnerable to Freeze and Choke. All of which is super unfun to deal with.

I still don't see any CC combination that is nearly as threatening coming from the light side.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    It's less about the effects themselves, but the synergy of dark side. For example, you can high jump to avoid a stun, but then you're just super vulnerable to Freeze and Choke. All of which is super unfun to deal with.

I still don't see any CC combination that is nearly as threatening coming from the light side.

You don't need to combo, lando can 100-0 vador with his stun alone and so can chewie both of which cannot be blocked.
    Lightisde benefits heavily of team coordination compared to dark side where the combo stops at vador choke/kylo freeze and boba rockets or maul choke and relies on the strengh of the character. For lightside just get yoda and finn together use their buff all your team hase 300+ health and lower cd, add solo for dps or lando/chewie for stun/dps and a rey as a tank that reveals all the enemies and the lightside rolls everything.

For the topic I don't mind, they almost all can be dodged or blocked and the ones that can't be are the one trick of the character so they lose a ton of their power when the ability is on cd.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • You don't need to combo, lando can 100-0 vador with his stun alone and so can chewie both of which cannot be blocked.

If I see that arm about to throw the shock, I'm just going to jump and avoid it. Then what, Luke pushes me to safety? I'd send him a 'thank you' card with flowers.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    Atreus213 wrote: »
    It's less about the effects themselves, but the synergy of dark side. For example, you can high jump to avoid a stun, but then you're just super vulnerable to Freeze and Choke. All of which is super unfun to deal with.

You don't need to combo, lando can 100-0 vador with his stun alone and so can chewie both of which cannot be blocked.
    Lightisde benefits heavily of team coordination compared to dark side where the combo stops at vador choke/kylo freeze and boba rockets or maul choke and relies on the strengh of the character. For lightside just get yoda and finn together use their buff all your team hase 300+ health and lower cd, add solo for dps or lando/chewie for stun/dps and a rey as a tank that reveals all the enemies and the lightside rolls everything.

For the topic I don't mind, they almost all can be dodged or blocked and the ones that can't be are the one trick of the character so they lose a ton of their power when the ability is on cd.

This just made me laugh.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Wallofman
    1124 posts Member

Kylo froze them.

This is false, all of that combined is not enough to take out a darkside team, with their superior mobility and abilities, they would recover and win the engagement.

Even if luke dropped in on freeze, and repulsed. We take next to no damage, we were to spread to all be hit by shock grenade, even if it did hit us, you're assuming luke wouldnt have knocked us out of it. You're assuming a group of randoms are going to perfectly chain their abilities in a way that they could almost have a chance of winning this engagement. That is false. You can't base everything on "yeah but this could have happened" it didn't and your scenerio is far-fetched.

It was to easy for us to do what we did to them with no communication what so ever. This is a frequent thing i can do as the darkside. Anyone can. It's easy and unbalanced.

That is not the point I am trying to make. The original post/ title is about the freeze abilities. I do agree there is an issue with this, however your video is not a good example. Your team attacked as one. They died because you had good team play, not because they were frozen. If you 1v3 and froze them you would not have killed all three. All I am pointing out is your video does not support your otherwise valid complaint.
  • Wallofman wrote: »

Kylo froze them.

That is not the point I am trying to make. The original post/ title is about the freeze abilities. I do agree there is an issue with this, however your video is not a good example. Your team attacked as one. They died because you had good team play, not because they were frozen. If you 1v3 and froze them you would not have killed all three. All I am pointing out is your video does not support your otherwise valid complaint.

My video showcases a group of 3 players dying before their feet hit the ground in unison. It more than supports my point.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member

Looks fair to me.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853

Looks fair to me.

But..but... if the lightside sticks together they win!
    kay4dnh923zs.png

Kylo froze them.

I have found that, as Rey, I can easily create good team play through using her Insight ability. IDK how many times me and a rando Han or Lando just waited for a villain or two to pop around a corner just to have Han's detonate charge or Lando's stun go off with me using Reys lightsaber charge on top of that in perfect unison. Wham, bam, dead villains before they could get up. So yes, light side can absolutely be effective like this as well. Not to say that I don't think villains are stronger in general (I do), but to say light side can't duplicate something like this is false. Is dark side better at taking out a whole group in one swoop? Probably. They just have more/better AOE damage abilities. In this situation specifically, I'd agree the light side had no chance. But I also think situations present themselves that allow for the light side to do something similar.
  • Techkiddz
    649 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    We take next to no damage, we were to spread to all be hit by shock grenade, even if it did hit us, you're assuming luke wouldnt have knocked us out of it.

So you spaced out, like a good team. I already said they needed a grouping lesson. Also I meant chain stuns, similar to a force choke lead by a freeze, then electrocute. All well timed by a decent team.
    You're assuming a group of randoms are going to perfectly chain their abilities in a way that they could almost have a chance of winning this engagement.
    So why are you using this clip as a point? I don't want to come across as harsh but it's somewhat foolish to think a team of randoms would do any better against your group.
    It was to easy for us to do what we did to them with no communication what so ever. This is a frequent thing i can do as the darkside. Anyone can. It's easy and unbalanced
    Ok well again they were so close together one fett barrage would have taken those fools out anyways, secondly it is possible for light side. Granted I will admit dark side has it easier with their stuns being force abilities with a radius and everything, however Lando and Chewbacca aren't useless against them.

Also Yoda is the best counter to this. I'm sure you know this already since you are apparently one of the best yoda player in the forums, but his presence activation gets him out of stuns.
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Kylo froze them.

The video supports his point because all three of them die before they can do anything about it.

The above two videos are another example. The whole team is choked, thus the whole team is dead. Yes, they could've done a better job avoiding getting mass-choked, but that doesn't change the fact that they had no chance to survive once they were caught.

The Light Side has nothing like Freeze or Choke. Nothing that will so often obliterate the entire team. They also have nothing like Rocket Barrage, Phasma's droid, or BEYOND BALANCED BOSSK.

EDIT: Oh, let's not forget about Palpatine. Yeah, I know, he'll be perfectly BALANCED when they bring him back.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853

Kylo froze them.

I have found that, as Rey, I can easily create good team play through using her Insight ability. IDK how many times me and a rando Han or Lando just waited for a villain or two to pop around a corner just to have Han's detonate charge or Lando's stun go off with me using Reys lightsaber charge on top of that in perfect unison. Wham, bam, dead villains before they could get up. So yes, light side can absolutely be effective like this as well. Not to say that I don't think villains are stronger in general (I do), but to say light side can't duplicate something like this is false. Is dark side better at taking out a whole group in one swoop? Probably. They just have more/better AOE damage abilities. In this situation specifically, I'd agree the light side had no chance. But I also think situations present themselves that allow for the light side to do something similar.

The fact of the matter is, the lighside can do similar things. not on the same scale as the darkside. The darkside has better mobility all-together and their superior control over a fights outcome, due to their abilities, make it near impossible to pull off against a competent darkside team. Their abilities also feed off of eachother alot better than the lightsides does.

kay4dnh923zs.png
  • Techkiddz
    649 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    We take next to no damage, we were to spread to all be hit by shock grenade,

So your team spaced out, like a good team. I already said that team needed a harsh grouping lesson. You reinforce my point here.
    You're assuming a group of randoms are going to perfectly chain their abilities in a way that they could almost have a chance of winning this engagement. That is false.

Of course it's false, it's a team of randoms vs your group. What did you expect....? If it was a group vs your group it wouldnt go nearly as smoothly.

You can't base everything on "yeah but this could have happened" it didn't and your scenerio is far-fetched.

Oh but I can. It's called proper strategy. You of all people should know this.

I admit that the dark side has an easier time with stuns via gameplay since it has a radius and everything (However it is inconsistent...). However you don't even need communication for such a simple challenge. A team of randoms are grouped up harder than the goonies and your group is together, but don't lie and tell me you all didnt make sure to remain spaced. Actually
    we were to spread to all be hit by shock grenade
    It's a ridiculous argument.

Honestly man, the best choice from here is to show me a clip of your group getting the same treatment by randoms, or else I'm not taking you seriously.

Looks fair to me.

Dude you've been arguing over how your dark side team while working together is OP. What are you trying to say
    We take next to no damage, we were to spread to all be hit by shock grenade, even if it did hit us, you're assuming luke wouldnt have knocked us out of it.

So you spaced out, like a good team. I already said they needed a grouping lesson. Also I meant chain stuns, similar yo a force choke lead by a freeze, then electrocute. All well timed by a decent team.
    You're assuming a group of randoms are going to perfectly chain their abilities in a way that they could almost have a chance of winning this engagement.
    So why are you using this clip as a point? I don't want to come across as harsh but it's somewhat foolish to think a team of randoms would do any better against your group.
    It was to easy for us to do what we did to them with no communication what so ever. This is a frequent thing i can do as the darkside. Anyone can. It's easy and unbalanced
    Ok well again they were so close together one fett barrage would have taken those fools out anyways, secondly it is possible for light side. Granted I will admit dark side has it easier with their stuns being force abilities with a radius and everything, however Lando and Chewbacca aren't useless against them.

Also Yoda is the best counter to this. I'm sure you know this already since you are apparently one of the best yoda player in the forums, but his presence activation gets him out of stuns.

Actually i was with randoms only @lerodemmy as vader was there. And as for coordination this takes none, i froze them and said "oh wow i just froze 3 of them" and stood behind them waiting for someone to break the freeze so i could frenzy. This wasn't a calculated thing, its literally something i do at the start of almost every round on starkiller since its so open and its made so easy for me.

And the lightside were a group of 3 blasters trying to take the highground and got massacred for it. I can't blame them for what happened to them, they were doing what seemed to be the logical thing to do to any average rate player, this shouldn't be able to happen to begin with, as soon as they got hit by that pull it was over, they stood no chance.

Also not sure it would of made a difference for a yoda player, i love yoda. I always wanna see him exceed and beat the odds, but breaking that freeze would have only dropped him to the ground (he would of had to go through the animation of getting up off the floor) by which time he would of been caught in a flurry of CC, choke and frenzy. If yoda's presence, instantly broke CC without having to go through any animation, I'd say he could of done more than everyone else did, although his presence doesn't activate on team mates if used while CC'd so it wouldnt of done anyone else any good as far as their health goes to survive this onslaught.

lerodemmy wrote: »

Looks fair to me.

Dude you've been arguing over how your dark side team while working together is OP. What are you trying to say

Sarcasm. People wanna argue if the lightside clumps together they win, when infact it gets you killed.

kay4dnh923zs.png
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    Our group doesn't really work together, but we certainly play against groups that do. We're basically four randoms who happen to be in a group and do our own thing.

There's almost no coordination. It's not like "Oh, I'm gonna freeze and you guys start shooting." Or "Hey guys, they're all choked. Get em!" We just use common sense. Any random has that at their disposal if they wish to put it to use.

Yes, we play in a party. But we talk about things like how bad the game is, or how most people on the forum don't know what they're talking about, or just any random topic. "You guys stay back and defend while I chase this running Maul" is about the most strategy you'll hear from us.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
    Our group doesn't really work together, but we certainly play against groups that do. We're basically four randoms who happen to be in a group and do our own thing.

There's almost no coordination. It's not like "Oh, I'm gonna freeze and you guys start shooting." Or "Hey guys, they're all choked. Get em!" We just use common sense. Any random has that at their disposal if they wish to put it to use.

Yes, we play in a party. But we talk about things like how bad the game is, or how most people on the forum don't know what they're talking about, or just any random topic. "You guys stay back and defend while I chase this running Maul" is about the most strategy you'll hear from us.

Well I guess that's good to know. However I've seen you guys post matches as light side where you dominated them already. What's the issue here? I simply feel like the clips of your team as dark side are easier to show your example than a video of your team vs dark side randoms.
    or how most people on the forum don't know what they're talking about
    ouch lol
  • TonyGoombah1
    1324 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Well I guess that's good to know. However I've seen you guys post matches as light side where you dominated them already. What's the issue here? I simply feel like the clips of your team as dark side are easier to show your example than a video of your team vs dark side randoms.
    ouch lol

We honestly just want everyone to have a fighting chance and breaking CC on a damage threshhold would do that. I don't think the people in this video on the other team had fun, and its not fun to be on the receiving end either.
    kay4dnh923zs.png

ouch lol

We honestly just want everyone to have a fighting chance and breaking CC on a damage threshhold would do that. I don't think the people in this video on the other team had fun, and its not fun to be on the receiving end either.

1. How often are you the receiving end
    2. Yes a threshold would be nice.
    I started this argument mainly to try and strengthen yours.
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member

ouch lol

Yeah, pretty much that. The issue is that it's so much easier for the Dark Side to take out an entire team in seconds because they're abilities are far more devastating.

There's a reason people don't even bother playing as the Light Side. It shouldn't be that way. Even without Palpatine, people just give up as the LS. Something has to change eventually.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member

ouch lol

More often than I want to be :(
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • TonyGoombah1
    1324 posts Member
    edited July 2018

ouch lol

I'm on the receiving end less often than my opposition because I can avoid it alittle bit better but when it does happen to me in unavoidable circumstances. Especially in GA, I honestly wanna throw my controller out of the window. It's ridiculous that i can be suspended in the air by choke and shot to 50% hp by an officer than dropped to the floor where i slowly get up and eat a saber throw and more blurrg shots. leaving me with 80 hitpoints left, when i worked just as hard to get my hero as the vader did and hes still standing there with a ridiculous 950 hitpoints.

Kylos freeze is a mess.

chewies stun is a mess

losing a hero 100% hp to 0% before you can even defend yourself is ridiculous and it doesnt feel very heroic.

Also being blinded or stunned by officer grenades where u cant jump.... is ridiculous aswell
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member

ouch lol

I'm on the receiving end less often than my opposition because I can avoid it alittle bit better but when it does happen to me in unavoidable circumstances. Especially in GA, I honestly wanna throw my controller out of the window. It's ridiculous that i can be suspended in the air by choke and shot to 50% hp by an officer than dropped to the floor where i slowly get up and eat a saber throw and more blurrg shots. leaving me with 80 hitpoints left, when i worked just as hard to get my hero as the vader did and hes still standing there with a ridiculous 950 hitpoints.

Kylos freeze is a mess.

chewies stun is a mess

losing a hero 100% hp to 0% before you can even defend yourself is ridiculous and it doesnt feel very heroic.

Also being blinded or stunned by officer grenades where u cant jump.... is ridiculous aswell

Why do you always want me to play GA?
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Through my research, I have found that people DO NOT enjoy getting frozen/stunned and spammed to death - particularly those that enjoy exploiting spammy-techniques.

I present you with Exhibit A: Hero Showdown | A Kylo Run Story
    In this video, Kylo Ren attempts to pull us into the chasm on Hoth, fails to do so, and then runs away after exhausting his freeze ability. He runs away until my random teammate finally quits the match in-game, and narrowly escapes my blaster fire for the win. "COWARDS!" He shouts....
    The next round, I demonstrate the true power of the Darkside (minus attempting to freeze a tree) with interesting results.... enjoy.

I believe several inferences can be made from this video alone:
    1. Several players actively refuse to follow simple directions (running/hiding when the clear instructions of the game are given, "Defeat the other team")
    2. Even a time-limited target will still take the opportunity to run (evidence that the target system, in general, is no good)
    3. Freeze/stun spammers DO NOT enjoy getting frozen/stunned and spammed
    4. We desperately need an "Emotes Etiquette Course - 101"
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion

ouch lol

Kylos freeze is a mess.

chewies stun is a mess

Why do you always want me to play GA?

Because
    i like it
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • Chewies is the only one I don't like because he just stuns you, then 3 shots you with frenzy and you're dead. Stunning heroes is also not how I feel he should be played. Kylos is okay, except for how it lasts forever if he's not attacking them, making it easy for someone else to just slash away at them and easily take them out. His would be fine in my opinion if it didn't last longer when he's not attacking. Landos I'm actually okay with because that's his strong point, he's really weak without his stun device.
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • Han_Spinel wrote: »
    Through my research, I have found that people DO NOT enjoy getting frozen/stunned and spammed to death - particularly those that enjoy exploiting spammy-techniques.

I present you with Exhibit A: Hero Showdown | A Kylo Run Story
    In this video, Kylo Ren attempts to pull us into the chasm on Hoth, fails to do so, and then runs away after exhausting his freeze ability. He runs away until my random teammate finally quits the match in-game, and narrowly escapes my blaster fire for the win. "COWARDS!" He shouts....
    The next round, I demonstrate the true power of the Darkside (minus attempting to freeze a tree) with interesting results.... enjoy.

I believe several inferences can be made from this video alone:
    1. Several players actively refuse to follow simple directions (running/hiding when the clear instructions of the game are given, "Defeat the other team")
    2. Even a time-limited target will still take the opportunity to run (evidence that the target system, in general, is no good)
    3. Freeze/stun spammers DO NOT enjoy getting frozen/stunned and spammed
    4. We desperately need an "Emotes Etiquette Course - 101"

Players like that are whats ruining this game. Toxic, cowards, exploiters.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • Stun abilities are the worst thing (next to target runners) in HvV and some need a reduction in duration as well as how to escape, and when they should be broken. I'd prefer they be taken out of the game altogether.

• Wallofman
    1124 posts Member

Kylo froze them.

My video showcases a group of 3 players dying before their feet hit the ground in unison. It more than supports my point.

They died because they were attacked by all 4 players. You freeze those 3 players, by yourself, they do no die before their feet hit the ground. fact. That video is just evidence that good team play is how you win at HvV.
  • Wallofman
    1124 posts Member

Kylo froze them.

The video supports his point because all three of them die before they can do anything about it.

The above two videos are another example. The whole team is choked, thus the whole team is dead. Yes, they could've done a better job avoiding getting mass-choked, but that doesn't change the fact that they had no chance to survive once they were caught.

The Light Side has nothing like Freeze or Choke. Nothing that will so often obliterate the entire team. They also have nothing like Rocket Barrage, Phasma's droid, or BEYOND BALANCED BOSSK.

EDIT: Oh, let's not forget about Palpatine. Yeah, I know, he'll be perfectly BALANCED when they bring him back.

Not sure why some of you have such a hard time understanding this. The video shows how an organized team can win. Do you seriously think if you 1v3 as Kylo, freeze all three players you will come out on top? No you will lose that fight. As for light side. I have been able to shock multiple villains with Chewie and allowed my team to rip them apart.

The freeze, stun abilities need to be toned down. There is no argument there. Just don't use a video with all 4 villains attacking (with Palps unbalanced chain lightning) as an example of it.
  • I am not going to quote anyone but kind of throw my thoughts out there from all the comments I have read.

CC in BF2 is broken. NO ONE should die in a single CC. That is not good gameplay. It makes the person getting CCed feel cheated. It makes the Kylo's Vaders, Chewbaccas, Iden's, and Landos feel cheap. I put Kylo on the list just because of what I do with Kylo. It really sucks playing a char, dominating a Vader and Kylo and you go from 750 hp to death just because he lands a choke. That is BAD game play and game design. IF it were to break on 200 damage, or something close to that, I could have escaped with 350 hp. (choke and freeze 400 damage) It at least gives me a fighting chance.

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Wallofman wrote: »

Kylo froze them.

Not sure why some of you have such a hard time understanding this. The video shows how an organized team can win. Do you seriously think if you 1v3 as Kylo, freeze all three players you will come out on top? No you will lose that fight. As for light side. I have been able to shock multiple villains with Chewie and allowed my team to rip them apart.

The freeze, stun abilities need to be toned down. There is no argument there. Just don't use a video with all 4 villains attacking (with Palps unbalanced chain lightning) as an example of it.

I have won many of fights with Kylo 1v3. Try again.

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member

Kylo froze them.

I'm not gonna be rude to you... but don't tell me I have a hard time understanding anything in this game.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Kylo freeze shouldnt be touched. It is perfect as the way it is. If u get frozen then that's ur fault. Kylo gets drained easily by han, lando , and obviously chewbacca. The only time kylo can kill them easily singlely is if u go against bad players. Against good players , they will find a counter to the freeze and frenzy afterwards. ?