criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Quick update, re: hotfix

Prev1345
F8RGE
458 posts EA Community Manager
edited July 2018
Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the progress of a few things.

Regarding the lightsaber combat we have made some changes to the way stamina is working across a number of heroes. We’ve been tweaking various values and these are currently being tested. An example of one of the things we’re testing is for Kylo, where we’ve reduced the deflect press cost from 60 to 15. I know these numbers likely don’t mean much to you, but I wanted to include them in order to show you the scale of some of the changes we’re making.

Towards the end of last week and over the weekend we saw an increase in players talking about an issue where the default ping site would not save, and set itself to another at random. Since then our QA teams have been working to find a reproduction (repro) of this issue. This is one of those issues that was being problematic and finding an exact repro was difficult. However, earlier on today the teams made a break through and we are currently investigating a potential fix.

In the mean time a potential work around for those suffering from this issue is to disconnect from the internet while in the game, wait for the disconnected from EA servers message to appear and then reconnect. This should default you back to the closest ping site. Please note, changing this setting again will likely cause the issue to reappear.

The stutter that was caused by being hard locked in Starfighter Assault and Hero Starfighters is also on our hit list to be fixed. This primary issue that we have this is that we can repro it to 100% success in the live environment (the version you play), but on our internal development version of the game, we can’t reproduce it. Investigations are underway to further understand why this is happening.

As you know, we flipped the Kill Switch on Palpatine and while this is always a difficult decision to make, we do believe this was the right one. We are tracking numerous issues that resulted in him being vastly over powered. Once the hotfix has been deployed, we will revert the Kill Switch and he will return to the game.

An issue that prevented Stormtroopers from being able to board the shuttle in Ewok Hunt has been fixed and has currently been placed into our hotfix. This is also the case where objective markers were misplaced in Extraction on Kessel and Jabba’s Palace.

As of right now, we don’t have a date set for the hotfix, this is because we want to ensure that when we release it, it fixes all of the issues above. We’ll keep you posted with how things are progressing.

Replies

  • Thanks for the update, we appreciate it.
  • Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Ben!
  • Royazeee
    244 posts Member
    Just wanted to know if the team is aware how op the io torpedos are and you can now shoot while immobilized(pushed,stunned,choked,pulled,freezed)..thanks
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    Nice, these are the results I expect.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    Fyi, 2x multiplier wont be fixed till next update. Only so much they can fit in the hotfix.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • NomiSunstrider
    2060 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for the update Ben.
    A quick question though ; will this hotfix involve the fix for the frozen/stunned bug where the enemy can still shoot while under those effects . And the 2x multiplier bug.

    Edit: By the time I wrote this other asked the same question xD.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • Fuzzbap
    69 posts Member
    Are the major crash issues on Xbox One X on the fix list? Referring to the frequent hangs when exiting to the main menu, and consoles crashing when claiming crates.
    "All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of muppets."
  • Landeaux2
    3084 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    iulmi434sbh0.gif
    .....
  • any news on the credit multiplier because of now the squad credit multiplier is broken. Still this upcoming hot fix is good news
  • staleh
    19 posts Member
    Thanks for the update, Ben!

    I really hope you find the cause for the hard lock issue.
  • The old stamina system was way too easy for saber users, the current one just needs to give them more time to block and it sounds like that's what theyre doing.

  • The old stamina system was way too easy for saber users, the current one just needs to give them more time to block and it sounds like that's what theyre doing.

    by your own logic you do not like any vehicle in galactic assault then.

    The heroes were fine and from what majority of the community has said, they want the old stamina system back
  • Zyder
    345 posts Member
    The score multiplier fix?? the random robes appearing in the squad spawn?
  • UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    The old stamina system was way too easy for saber users, the current one just needs to give them more time to block and it sounds like that's what theyre doing.

    by your own logic you do not like any vehicle in galactic assault then.

    The heroes were fine and from what majority of the community has said, they want the old stamina system back

    Saber users could hold block, knock back, attack in a loop, and deflect blaster shots with little effort. It was...okay, but limiting block and forcing them to actually think about when to block is a better system. The current one is just a bit overboard.
  • Levo
    238 posts Member
    @F8RGE thanks but what about the infinite loading screen issue which is haunting us console players any news or are you even aware of this ?
    Xbox GT: Levo18
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    The old stamina system was way too easy for saber users, the current one just needs to give them more time to block and it sounds like that's what theyre doing.

    by your own logic you do not like any vehicle in galactic assault then.

    The heroes were fine and from what majority of the community has said, they want the old stamina system back

    Get used to it. Its better than infinitely blocking. Thats what we wanted fixed and we got it. Sure it could use improvements but its good so far.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Thanks for the information.
  • Luti
    4 posts Member
    Reads great.

    But what about the Bug, were Blasterheroes can still shoot after they get force pushed away or while freezed by Kylo?
    This Bug is extremely Game-Breaking in Hero modes..
  • I've noticed spawn killing has become prevalent. Thought I mention it here. Thought you guys can take a look.
  • UhOhItsJus
    215 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    The old stamina system was way too easy for saber users, the current one just needs to give them more time to block and it sounds like that's what theyre doing.

    by your own logic you do not like any vehicle in galactic assault then.

    The heroes were fine and from what majority of the community has said, they want the old stamina system back

    Saber users could hold block, knock back, attack in a loop, and deflect blaster shots with little effort. It was...okay, but limiting block and forcing them to actually think about when to block is a better system. The current one is just a bit overboard.

    ok well then I guess our disagreement stems to the purpose of the heroes. I only play galactic assault and 90% of my enjoyment of the game is obtaining a hero as fast as possible and slaying bodies...I aim for a world record every attacking match.

    Regardless whether you sympathize with me or not, how much sense, logically, does it make that just holding a lightsaber up in front of your face drains stamina but you can sprint forever??

    Instead of this ridiculous "drain stamina just for holding the block button" why not just increase the stamina reduction whenever shot or hit by a saber? That would reduce the blocking that you think is excessive and not anger the majority of this community that has voiced to get rid of this idea.
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • I appreciate the update. I just hope the battle point multiplier gets fixed as well with this hot fix as it's more difficult to earn the heroes in Galactic Assault with the BP multiplier being broken and gives a bit less reason to play better.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the progress of a few things.

    Regarding the lightsaber combat we have made some changes to the way stamina is working across a number of heroes. We’ve been tweaking various values and these are currently being tested. An example of one of the things we’re testing is for Kylo, where we’ve reduced the deflect press cost from 60 to 15. I know these numbers likely don’t mean much to you, but I wanted to include them in order to show you the scale of some of the changes we’re making.

    Towards the end of last week and over the weekend we saw an increase in players talking about an issue where the default ping site would not save, and set itself to another at random. Since then our QA teams have been working to find a reproduction (repro) of this issue. This is one of those issues that was being problematic and finding an exact repro was difficult. However, earlier on today the teams made a break through and we are currently investigating a potential fix.

    In the mean time a potential work around for those suffering from this issue is to disconnect from the internet while in the game, wait for the disconnected from EA servers message to appear and then reconnect. This should default you back to the closest ping site. Please note, changing this setting again will likely cause the issue to reappear.

    The stutter that was caused by being hard locked in Starfighter Assault and Hero Starfighters is also on our hit list to be fixed. This primary issue that we have this is that we can repro it to 100% success in the live environment (the version you play), but on our internal development version of the game, we can’t reproduce it. Investigations are underway to further understand why this is happening.

    As you know, we flipped the Kill Switch on Palpatine and while this is always a difficult decision to make, we do believe this was the right one. We are tracking numerous issues that resulted in him being vastly over powered. Once the hotfix has been deployed, we will revert the Kill Switch and he will return to the game.

    An issue that prevented Stormtroopers from being able to board the shuttle in Ewok Hunt has been fixed and has currently been placed into our hotfix. This is also the case where objective markers were misplaced in Extraction on Kessel and Jabba’s Palace.

    As of right now, we don’t have a date set for the hotfix, this is because we want to ensure that when we release it, it fixes all of the issues above. We’ll keep you posted with how things are progressing.
  • GiantSlayerBF2
    2055 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    All aboard the ewok hunt hype traaaaaiiin!

    Chugga chugga chugga chugga
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    The old stamina system was way too easy for saber users, the current one just needs to give them more time to block and it sounds like that's what theyre doing.

    by your own logic you do not like any vehicle in galactic assault then.

    The heroes were fine and from what majority of the community has said, they want the old stamina system back

    Get used to it. Its better than infinitely blocking. Thats what we wanted fixed and we got it. Sure it could use improvements but its good so far.

    no hero can infinitely block soooooooooo
  • Still no mention of the game breaking sound bug on pc? It's been in the game since launch and it is still not fixed?
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Still no mention of the game breaking sound bug on pc? It's been in the game since launch and it is still not fixed?

    I think they have taken the Microsoft approach when it comes to "bugs" back in the day. If it isn't addressed after two service packs its considered a feature and nothing will be done.
  • Royazeee wrote: »
    Just wanted to know if the team is aware how op the io torpedos are and you can now shoot while immobilized(pushed,stunned,choked,pulled,freezed)..thanks

    Playing the AT-ST isn't even worth it anymore.

    Nothing more annoying than freezing someone with Kylo and they kill you from a frozen state because they can still head shot you.
  • I still can't understand why they start at zero again and again and again...
    The lightsaber combat was great and fun before they messed it with the july patch.

    And for all who talk about infinite block:
    This fairy tales only exists in the forums.
    There simply was never infinite blocking, at least for players who played smart enough...


  • Its like this game is run by Admiral Ozzel.
  • Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    Oidmetala wrote: »
    I still can't understand why they start at zero again and again and again...
    The lightsaber combat was great and fun before they messed it with the july patch.

    And for all who talk about infinite block:
    This fairy tales only exists in the forums.
    There simply was never infinite blocking, at least for players who played smart enough...


    Nice caveat to your argument there, but you’ve invalidated a large portion of people’s experiences. I for one was thoroughly sick of Vader, Rey and Luke spamming their block whilst either sat in a corner, for the first two, or blocking and running away for Luke. This stamina change was much needed, and has invalidated the camping tactic employed by some lightsaber users. Now all that needs catching is Boba Fett’s jet pack height allowing him to reach places he shouldn’t be.

    This system was the right choice, and is miles better than the last. Make some changes to the stamina cost, and we’ll be good to go.

    I agree with this, the drain is a bit too much but it was definitely a step in the right direction.

    Now if I'm playing Lando or Finn I'm not looking at an almost certain loss against mediocre Vader or Mauls. I somewhat stand a chance.
  • Stugots wrote: »
    Its like this game is run by Admiral Ozzel.

    He's as clumsy as he is stoopid.
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    Oidmetala wrote: »
    I still can't understand why they start at zero again and again and again...
    The lightsaber combat was great and fun before they messed it with the july patch.

    And for all who talk about infinite block:
    This fairy tales only exists in the forums.
    There simply was never infinite blocking, at least for players who played smart enough...


    Nice caveat to your argument there, but you’ve invalidated a large portion of people’s experiences. I for one was thoroughly sick of Vader, Rey and Luke spamming their block whilst either sat in a corner, for the first two, or blocking and running away for Luke. This stamina change was much needed, and has invalidated the camping tactic employed by some lightsaber users. Now all that needs catching is Boba Fett’s jet pack height allowing him to reach places he shouldn’t be.

    This system was the right choice, and is miles better than the last. Make some changes to the stamina cost, and we’ll be good to go.

    No lightsaber user is truly effective when blocking in a corner or running away. The best they can hope to accomplish is surviving as the target in HvV. When they fail at that, they’re completely useless.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    Oidmetala wrote: »
    I still can't understand why they start at zero again and again and again...
    The lightsaber combat was great and fun before they messed it with the july patch.

    And for all who talk about infinite block:
    This fairy tales only exists in the forums.
    There simply was never infinite blocking, at least for players who played smart enough...


    Nice caveat to your argument there, but you’ve invalidated a large portion of people’s experiences. I for one was thoroughly sick of Vader, Rey and Luke spamming their block whilst either sat in a corner, for the first two, or blocking and running away for Luke. This stamina change was much needed, and has invalidated the camping tactic employed by some lightsaber users. Now all that needs catching is Boba Fett’s jet pack height allowing him to reach places he shouldn’t be.

    This system was the right choice, and is miles better than the last. Make some changes to the stamina cost, and we’ll be good to go.

    No lightsaber user is truly effective when blocking in a corner or running away. The best they can hope to accomplish is surviving as the target in HvV. When they fail at that, they’re completely useless.

    Welcome to HvV. Considering you've played it enough, you should know it happens. It's been fixed now though, so no problem.
  • Good stuff. Thanks.
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    Oidmetala wrote: »
    I still can't understand why they start at zero again and again and again...
    The lightsaber combat was great and fun before they messed it with the july patch.

    And for all who talk about infinite block:
    This fairy tales only exists in the forums.
    There simply was never infinite blocking, at least for players who played smart enough...


    Nice caveat to your argument there, but you’ve invalidated a large portion of people’s experiences. I for one was thoroughly sick of Vader, Rey and Luke spamming their block whilst either sat in a corner, for the first two, or blocking and running away for Luke. This stamina change was much needed, and has invalidated the camping tactic employed by some lightsaber users. Now all that needs catching is Boba Fett’s jet pack height allowing him to reach places he shouldn’t be.

    This system was the right choice, and is miles better than the last. Make some changes to the stamina cost, and we’ll be good to go.

    No lightsaber user is truly effective when blocking in a corner or running away. The best they can hope to accomplish is surviving as the target in HvV. When they fail at that, they’re completely useless.

    Welcome to HvV. Considering you've played it enough, you should know it happens. It's been fixed now though, so no problem.
    I also know it doesn’t help a team. So maybe they survive as the target once or twice. Good for them. They’re not killing any targets.

    Yes, people who play like this are annoying and an embarrassment to real players. That’s no excuse, however, for pressing block to drain chunks of stamina.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    The old stamina system was way too easy for saber users, the current one just needs to give them more time to block and it sounds like that's what theyre doing.

    by your own logic you do not like any vehicle in galactic assault then.

    The heroes were fine and from what majority of the community has said, they want the old stamina system back

    Get used to it. Its better than infinitely blocking. Thats what we wanted fixed and we got it. Sure it could use improvements but its good so far.

    What universe do you live in?

    It sucks!
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    The old stamina system was way too easy for saber users, the current one just needs to give them more time to block and it sounds like that's what theyre doing.

    by your own logic you do not like any vehicle in galactic assault then.

    The heroes were fine and from what majority of the community has said, they want the old stamina system back

    Get used to it. Its better than infinitely blocking. Thats what we wanted fixed and we got it. Sure it could use improvements but its good so far.

    What universe do you live in?

    It sucks!

    Like i said, it could use some changes. Vader nerf, luke and kylo buff.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Defbored
    972 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »

    The stutter that was caused by being hard locked in Starfighter Assault and Hero Starfighters is also on our hit list to be fixed. This primary issue that we have this is that we can repro it to 100% success in the live environment (the version you play), but on our internal development version of the game, we can’t reproduce it. Investigations are underway to further understand why this is happening.

    I don't know about this issue, but this really speaks to the complexity of the game and as game devoloment as a whole. Pretty neat.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!