criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Why is the imperial officer skin so ugly?

It's literally sickening looking at his ugly mug.

Replies

• Devlin21
    8331 posts Member
    Buy a skin to change it.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I'm not the only one that hates the resistance announcer lines, hooray.
  • I was thinking that same thing today. Can’t they make the uniform look tougher!
  • Wanna know what annoys me the hell out of me?

"Present and correct!" Who says that?
    ptun6fuvww5i.jpg
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Lonnisity
    1960 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

It could be worse, you could have to listen to the resistance announcer while you look at him.

e01ksduh8v0j.jpg

God this made my night
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Lonnisity wrote: »

It could be worse, you could have to listen to the resistance announcer while you look at him.

e01ksduh8v0j.jpg

God this made my night

"Our buddies at Takodana..."
    eipzyj688z6o.gif
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • The default Officer skin is good, he’s like really handsome tbh xD
  • Spiito
    1984 posts Member
    Wanna know what annoys me the **** out of me?

"Present and correct!" Who says that?
    ptun6fuvww5i.jpg
    MAY
    THE
    FORCE
    BE
    WITH
    YOU
    Wknuto!
  • TheScape
    2262 posts Member
    The default Officer skin is good, he’s like really handsome tbh xD

No way! I actually hate all the male default skins to the point that I bought at least one skin for them (mainly alien if available).
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • What are you people talking about?! Default Imperial Officer is absolutely perfect! The voice and face fit absolutely perfectly, and I love hearing him shout “We will triumph!” as I’m crushing the Rebel scum.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I think the character and voice/voicelines do fit, as I imagine the Officers to be considered as elite/important and they are pretty arrogant. If it's the uniform that you have an issue with, then there's nothing that you can really do right now other than going in 1st person or not playing officer, but if it's his face just splash out and spend that 5,000 credits to get a new one.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Can I also say that the Resistance Announcer voice actor did kind of a bad job? Like, OK, they got bad lines given to them probably, but they also sound really forced a lot of the time. For example, in one of the Jakku Resistance victory voice overs, she's just there completely monotone "I've got the droid. Now let's get out of this junkyard. Yeah." (Ok so maybe not exactly that. But it's the one that just ends with 'yeah.'.

Imagine it

If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    Can I also say that the Resistance Announcer voice actor did kind of a bad job? Like, OK, they got bad lines given to them probably, but they also sound really forced a lot of the time. For example, in one of the Jakku Resistance victory voice overs, she's just there completely monotone "I've got the droid. Now let's get out of this junkyard. Yeah." (Ok so maybe not exactly that. But it's the one that just ends with 'yeah.'.

To be honest, I miss the Rebel and Imperial voice actors from the last game, the announcers I mean. They were both absolutely perfect. I think the FO announcer is absolutely on point with his acting, same with the Droids and Republic. I actually quite like the Imperial announcer, Colonel Brenner is it? She does an absolutely fantastic job for the maps she’s in, I love her, good match for the previous announcer in 2015.

Resistance, hands down, worst announcer. By a thousand parsecs.

No, in another galaxy.

Maybe dimension.
  • bfloo
    15964 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »

The 'yeah' really bothers me.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Jinda_Lo
    195 posts Member
    If you are British then you might agree with me that the Imperial announcer sounds like Sandi Toksvig. I always feel like I've let Sandi down if we lose.
  • Jinda_Lo
    195 posts Member
    And the guy who announces for the first order sounds like a children's TV presenter. On Crait he requests assistance. Requests? This is the friggin first order. Get your ***** up here and defend the AT-AT or you all die, by our own hand if not by the enemy's. When he says 'no' at the end of a couple of them, he sounds panicked but not in a '*&%£$ I'm going to be hung for this' but more of a 'all the guests will be here soon and everything is ruined' kind of way. It makes me chuckle though so I"m okay with it.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    the default skin is awright... but Adrienne Curry's Imperial Officer skin really works too. That's a garment designed for movement. Potential as a great canon addition IMO B)

2xyasshc72yk.jpg

wbmt7l5a0x5g.jpeg
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member

The 'yeah' really bothers me.
    Yeah same (I'm sorry).
    Ciena_Ree wrote: »

To be honest, I miss the Rebel and Imperial voice actors from the last game, the announcers I mean. They were both absolutely perfect. I think the FO announcer is absolutely on point with his acting, same with the Droids and Republic. I actually quite like the Imperial announcer, Colonel Brenner is it? She does an absolutely fantastic job for the maps she’s in, I love her, good match for the previous announcer in 2015.

No, in another galaxy.

Maybe dimension.
    Oh yeah, the ones from the old game were good. I like the Clone one (although I just generally like Clones so I guess I'm biased), all strategic and serious, droids are just funny. The Imperial one generally did a good job, same with the Rebel one, and the FO one did a good job with the lines he got which do make me chuckle occasionally (he's just so superior, rotating the absolute poodoo out of the Resistance low scurrying vermin. The Resistance one is just annoying though. Which is a shame, because I don't mind 75% of the ST maps and actually SKB and Crait are two pretty good maps, but you have to put up with her chattering in your ear every now and then for like 15 minutes.

Imagine it

#COOMCAIBDJF
  • Piscettios
    6077 posts Member

No, in another galaxy.

Maybe dimension.

This 100%.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • bfloo wrote: »

e01ksduh8v0j.jpg

Clones=best announcers
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Buy a skin to change it.

All of them are hideous looking.

I think the extraction announcer is worse... sounds like he is tranq'd up.
  • Versatti
    2198 posts Member
    univurshul wrote: »
    the default skin is awright... but Adrienne Curry's Imperial Officer skin really works too. That's a garment designed for movement. Potential as a great canon addition IMO B)

2xyasshc72yk.jpg

wbmt7l5a0x5g.jpeg

I’m assuming she’s got the whip because she’s about to go horse racing?

Epic fetish skins for all factions!
  • Lonnisity wrote: »

e01ksduh8v0j.jpg

God this made my night

"Our buddies at Takodana..."
    eipzyj688z6o.gif

"Tack-o-danna"
  • Devlin21
    8331 posts Member

No, in another galaxy.

Maybe dimension.

Every scratch on that walker is a mark of shame is my favorite. Haven't heard it in a while though.

I think the extraction announcer is worse... sounds like he is tranq'd up.

Isnt that the same one from.bf15?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Zyder
    449 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Bring gender options to the game!

Yeah, and huge variety too. Why just black, white or chinese? I would like to see variety in the skins.
  • He’s beautiful just the way he is and no one is gonna bring him down
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • ross42899
    1518 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I think the default Imperial officer looks okay. But I agree that we need more skin options. Especially Empire & FO. Plus gender options, like Alex64 said.
  • Jinda_Lo wrote: »
    If you are British then you might agree with me that the Imperial announcer sounds like Sandi Toksvig. I always feel like I've let Sandi down if we lose.

And I thought I was the only one that thought it sounds like Sandi toksvig!
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member

e01ksduh8v0j.jpg

Clones=best announcers
    FTFY

Imagine it

#COOMCAIBDJF

e01ksduh8v0j.jpg

It's not just what she says. It's her voice. She's the worst. The worst.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member

e01ksduh8v0j.jpg

It's not just what she says. It's her voice. She's the worst. The worst.
    Yeah, like I said the lines are bad but the execution is worse tbh.
    INB4 the voice actor plays the game and is on the forums, reading us roasting them XD

Imagine it

#COOMCAIBDJF
  • The default Empire Officer is really attractive, why y’all hating. He’s hot lol
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Bring gender options to the game!

This, as well as unlocking any alien/human skin to be used for any trooper class and allowing purchases for Rebel skins to count for the Resistance.