criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Question for team HVV players

If you play in a team and beat the other side do you think you are actually good/skilled or do you just realize you can only win with a team?

Replies

  • Um, me personally, whenever I play HvV, it seems that I only get wins when I’m on a team.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Do you regularly win HvVs matches 4v1?

    Let me clarify I mean organized team. Like people playing together as a group with headsets or whatever vs a bunch of randoms who end up in a lobby together.
  • rollind24
    5858 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Do you regularly win HvVs matches 4v1?

    Let me clarify I mean organized team. Like people playing together as a group with headsets or whatever vs a bunch of randoms who end up in a lobby together.

    Ah ok gotcha
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4163 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Do you regularly win HvVs matches 4v1?

    Let me clarify I mean organized team. Like people playing together as a group with headsets or whatever vs a bunch of randoms who end up in a lobby together.

    Ok. I play alone or with one friend. Wins/Losses are directly related to teammates skill and competence. For all the reasons that are posted on many threads. I’ve never played with four mics. Been noticing a slight increase in competence lately. Skill set is always variable.
  • TheScape
    2237 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    A team of complete randoms working together is a beautiful thing. I've been lucky enough to experience this.

    The problem is that with the current system you have no way of knowing if you are really with a bunch of randoms or not. Some kind of "tag" or color for grouped players would be great for the scoreboard, but I guess it would be hard to do depending on the number of parties with only colors.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • If you play in a team and beat the other side do you think you are actually good/skilled or do you just realize you can only win with a team?

    Its a balance of both. HvV has to be played as a team effort in order to take down the target and protect your own. I love seeing players play as unit, both on my side and theirs. When I was new to the game and left alone, I was awful and have seen new players march alone and be killed. It was thanks to playing with others that I could learn to take both an offensive and defensive roll with any hero. Also, 2 low level heroes can take down any high level one that thinks they're all powerful. But, skills are needed to actually be able to help your team win.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna win either way.

    On our team, win rate is probably 98%

    Solo, my win rate is probably 75% and usually carry a team.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

    k2bblaxemr26.png



    PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • If you play in a team and beat the other side do you think you are actually good/skilled or do you just realize you can only win with a team?

    Teamwork makes the dreamwork.
    My team usually sucks, so I play hero showdown.
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • I am on Xbox and have a few guys I usually play with. Ironically for whatever reason we NEVER use mics. Instinctively the 3 of us just always seem to work well. We have our tryhard characters that we rarely use unless a group is running/hiding or they are obviously a good group.

    Individually we are plenty good but in the last month there has been a noticeable uptick in groups playing together and using serious cheese tactics. I very rarely venture into HvV without at least one of my buddies. Too many times the randoms wont bother grouping up, will immediately throw themselves at the enemy team even though they are the target, or just bad at situational awareness (close to ledges on kamino etc and get thrown off).
  • I play with my friends, but some of them are terrible and I usually end up carrying. So yes I think I'm pretty good, and I try not to use cheap tactics.
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • Raices
    1277 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    If you play in a team and beat the other side do you think you are actually good/skilled or do you just realize you can only win with a team?
    They usually become average when playing solo(especially against other teams).
  • If you play in a team and beat the other side do you think you are actually good/skilled or do you just realize you can only win with a team?

    I ragularly play HvV with randoms (read almost exclusively) and win a fair amount of times. So, please, don't blame the game, the players or the teams for your lack of skill. Thank you in advance.
  • I think being able to communicate is a boost, but a bunch of randoms (with some skill) sticking together and working LIKE a team can accomplish just as much. However, I think skill is one of the main factors. A communicating team of unskilled players might have about the same success rate as a non-communicating team of skilled players. I only play random (and am a rookie player) and I have been on teams of randoms that have steamrolled because there are 2-3 skilled players on them AND because we stuck together.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • I'm never on a team and just play solo.....when playing with people who work together its great fun but when you get stuck with people who just run around looking for kills and ignore the target mostly then it makes it very difficult. I tend to not get as many kills as most of my team as I always focus on chasing the target and unless i'm forced to fight other players on the opposing team then I tend to ignore them and just hunt down the target player. My worst peeve are players who just ignore the target and go off on a kill streak.
  • This isn’t really as much of a team pubstomping game as something like call of duty. I think most people that play in teams are just doing it to be social and have fun. Sure they want to win, because who doesn’t? But I don’t think they necessarily go in to prove they’re dominant.
  • I play solo and I'm pretty good, better than I am at GA. I win often, except for those games where you say, "whoa these guys are terrible." Other than that the games are contested well and I win plenty enough not to be disappointed. I do think skill matters immensely, but as stated above, there are some random teams (if you want to call them a team) that are beyond saving.

    So yes it's no waste of time to practice and get better - your odds go up a lot, I have a lot of hours in this game.
  • Jealyh
    111 posts Member
    Playing solo I often have twice as many points as 2nd on my team, win or lose.

    In a party I don't get as many points because the match ends too quick, but all 4 have similar score and win almost every match.

    Aye I think I'm good and I also think I need a party to consistently win.
  • The only way to fix this mess is for dice to mix up teams post match and identify who is playing as a group. I hate playing teams they are usually a bunch of jerks who emote like they are good when really it's only because they are on a team.

    Group players in my experience stink outside of groups.
  • Rugbymaster1
    1109 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    If you play in a team and beat the other side do you think you are actually good/skilled or do you just realize you can only win with a team?

    I ragularly play HvV with randoms (read almost exclusively) and win a fair amount of times. So, please, don't blame the game, the players or the teams for your lack of skill. Thank you in advance.

    Nah I'm pretty good. You obviously don't play against groups. The odds of getting matched with a competent team is slim and then working as good as coordinated group? Forget it. If you played them you wouldn't be so naive. I'm assuming you are at least competent enough to realize o don't mean every group... but the majority.
  • If you play in a team and beat the other side do you think you are actually good/skilled or do you just realize you can only win with a team?

    I ragularly play HvV with randoms (read almost exclusively) and win a fair amount of times. So, please, don't blame the game, the players or the teams for your lack of skill. Thank you in advance.

    Nah I'm pretty good. You obviously don't play against groups. The odds of getting matched with a competent team is slim and then working as good as coordinated group? Forget it. If you played them you wouldn't be so naive. I'm assuming you are at least competent enough to realize o don't mean every group... but the majority.

    No, sometimes I play. And sometimes I lose. And sometimes is hell of satisfying to lose one match kinda hard and then when some new players join on your team on the next match to see 2/4 players leave when the score gets 10-6.
    Not every group is good.
  • lerodemmy
    3638 posts Member
    If you play in a team and beat the other side do you think you are actually good/skilled or do you just realize you can only win with a team?

    I ragularly play HvV with randoms (read almost exclusively) and win a fair amount of times. So, please, don't blame the game, the players or the teams for your lack of skill. Thank you in advance.

    Nah I'm pretty good. You obviously don't play against groups. The odds of getting matched with a competent team is slim and then working as good as coordinated group? Forget it. If you played them you wouldn't be so naive. I'm assuming you are at least competent enough to realize o don't mean every group... but the majority.

    Have you any film that I may study?
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    If you play in a team and beat the other side do you think you are actually good/skilled or do you just realize you can only win with a team?

    I ragularly play HvV with randoms (read almost exclusively) and win a fair amount of times. So, please, don't blame the game, the players or the teams for your lack of skill. Thank you in advance.

    Nah I'm pretty good. You obviously don't play against groups. The odds of getting matched with a competent team is slim and then working as good as coordinated group? Forget it. If you played them you wouldn't be so naive. I'm assuming you are at least competent enough to realize o don't mean every group... but the majority.

    Have you any film that I may study?

    “Film? Yeah...um...I had like tons but I...um...I lost it during the move. Or it..um...it’s in my Lambo, which is in the shop getting detailed. Yeah...that’s it.

    Trust me. I’m a pretty big deal.” <— Yeah, I went there.

  • I think being able to communicate is a boost, but a bunch of randoms (with some skill) sticking together and working LIKE a team can accomplish just as much. However, I think skill is one of the main factors. A communicating team of unskilled players might have about the same success rate as a non-communicating team of skilled players. I only play random (and am a rookie player) and I have been on teams of randoms that have steamrolled because there are 2-3 skilled players on them AND because we stuck together.

    I have also been on an unskilled random team that worked together and STILL got steamrolled (I think one of the reasons for this is that you have cross almost the entire map to rejoin your team after you die and they have to go 3v4 or 2v4 for a short time (that’s how you lose this mode)). Skill, I think, is the biggest factor. Communication, second biggest.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • I think being able to communicate is a boost, but a bunch of randoms (with some skill) sticking together and working LIKE a team can accomplish just as much. However, I think skill is one of the main factors. A communicating team of unskilled players might have about the same success rate as a non-communicating team of skilled players. I only play random (and am a rookie player) and I have been on teams of randoms that have steamrolled because there are 2-3 skilled players on them AND because we stuck together.

    I have also been on an unskilled random team that worked together and STILL got steamrolled (I think one of the reasons for this is that you have cross almost the entire map to rejoin your team after you die and they have to go 3v4 or 2v4 for a short time (that’s how you lose this mode)). Skill, I think, is the biggest factor. Communication, second biggest.

    The spawning has gotten worse. If one team gets the upper hand it's steamrolling time simply because you have 3 or 4 ganging up on one target while the rest of that targets team tries to make it over one help from their far away spawn spot.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    If you play in a team and beat the other side do you think you are actually good/skilled or do you just realize you can only win with a team?

    I ragularly play HvV with randoms (read almost exclusively) and win a fair amount of times. So, please, don't blame the game, the players or the teams for your lack of skill. Thank you in advance.

    Nah I'm pretty good. You obviously don't play against groups. The odds of getting matched with a competent team is slim and then working as good as coordinated group? Forget it. If you played them you wouldn't be so naive. I'm assuming you are at least competent enough to realize o don't mean every group... but the majority.

    Have you any film that I may study?

    Find me on Xbox. I don't make films.
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    If you play in a team and beat the other side do you think you are actually good/skilled or do you just realize you can only win with a team?

    I ragularly play HvV with randoms (read almost exclusively) and win a fair amount of times. So, please, don't blame the game, the players or the teams for your lack of skill. Thank you in advance.

    Nah I'm pretty good. You obviously don't play against groups. The odds of getting matched with a competent team is slim and then working as good as coordinated group? Forget it. If you played them you wouldn't be so naive. I'm assuming you are at least competent enough to realize o don't mean every group... but the majority.

    Have you any film that I may study?

    “Film? Yeah...um...I had like tons but I...um...I lost it during the move. Or it..um...it’s in my Lambo, which is in the shop getting detailed. Yeah...that’s it.

    Trust me. I’m a pretty big deal.” <— Yeah, I went there.

    You sound pretty practiced at making excuses... you probably hear them a lot in your life.

    In any case sorry if I hurt your little feelings calling you out on your inability to play without your group. :(
  • I have played plenty matches alone and plenty with a full team of friends on chat. I have steamrolled and been steamrolled plenty of times in either scenario. Wins are more consistent with the team of friends, but it isn't to say you can't win with randoms, the match streaks are just less likely because players cycle out from the lobby. You could have that random but competent team of for one match, but all it takes is one very bad player that dies EVERY time they are the target, and it doesn't matter how good YOU or any of your other teammates are. Its going to be HARDER to win. You can be a good player and get stuck with a bad team. You can be a good player and get randomized with other good players.
  • TheScape
    2237 posts Member
    I think being able to communicate is a boost, but a bunch of randoms (with some skill) sticking together and working LIKE a team can accomplish just as much. However, I think skill is one of the main factors. A communicating team of unskilled players might have about the same success rate as a non-communicating team of skilled players. I only play random (and am a rookie player) and I have been on teams of randoms that have steamrolled because there are 2-3 skilled players on them AND because we stuck together.

    I have also been on an unskilled random team that worked together and STILL got steamrolled (I think one of the reasons for this is that you have cross almost the entire map to rejoin your team after you die and they have to go 3v4 or 2v4 for a short time (that’s how you lose this mode)). Skill, I think, is the biggest factor. Communication, second biggest.

    The spawning has gotten worse. If one team gets the upper hand it's steamrolling time simply because you have 3 or 4 ganging up on one target while the rest of that targets team tries to make it over one help from their far away spawn spot.

    The problem is they only seem capable of giving us one of these two options:

    - Spawn next to the action, even if that means that the enemies will also spawn next to you.
    - Spawn far away from the action, so once the team is broken, it will stay broken for good.

    Isn't there any kind of middle ground? Spawning close to your target while both targets are alive, but still trying to spawn each side opposite from each other should be possible.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • I’m hoping the upcoming squad spawn will be active in HvV and solve this issue.
  • MC_XIX
    1926 posts Member
    I never play in a team. I've only played in a party once or twice with just one friend. Why? Because my buddies all acknowledged how unfinished and bland the game is and moved on quickly. I should too tbh, but I'm a massive SW fan, so I still enjoy playing it even if it's frustrating at times.

    Anyway, I think winning with a team of randoms in HvV is a good achievement, especially if it's against a party of 3 or 4. I've only played against a party once (I guess I'm just lucky), and it wasn't fun for me or my inexperienced teammates. I got 24K points and the highest score, but a bad K/D and we lost 8 - 0. The party we were against was pretty good, but had really bad sportsmanship. They shot dead bodies for no apparent reason and emoted every time they got a kill. When I took one of them down, I was usually killed by another soon after, and 2 or 3 of them slashed at my body etc. I could tell by their over-aggressive gameplay that they were angry they had found someone more 'skilled' than them.

    That was the only time I played against a team and I don't normally judge based on first impressions, but I'd rather not play against teams that conduct themselves in this manner.
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    If you play in a team and beat the other side do you think you are actually good/skilled or do you just realize you can only win with a team?

    I ragularly play HvV with randoms (read almost exclusively) and win a fair amount of times. So, please, don't blame the game, the players or the teams for your lack of skill. Thank you in advance.

    Nah I'm pretty good. You obviously don't play against groups. The odds of getting matched with a competent team is slim and then working as good as coordinated group? Forget it. If you played them you wouldn't be so naive. I'm assuming you are at least competent enough to realize o don't mean every group... but the majority.

    Have you any film that I may study?

    “Film? Yeah...um...I had like tons but I...um...I lost it during the move. Or it..um...it’s in my Lambo, which is in the shop getting detailed. Yeah...that’s it.

    Trust me. I’m a pretty big deal.” <— Yeah, I went there.

    You sound pretty practiced at making excuses... you probably hear them a lot in your life.

    In any case sorry if I hurt your little feelings calling you out on your inability to play without your group. :(

    What the Force?

    Was that supposed to be an insult thrown my way? If so, that just failed on so many levels. Every single reference you just made had absolutely nothing to do with me.

  • If you play in a team and beat the other side do you think you are actually good/skilled or do you just realize you can only win with a team?

    I usually play in a party of 3, but we don't play a lot of HvV. When we do play HvV, we usually win, but I wouldn't say we think we are skilled or good etc. It's mainly about not being teamed up with total noobs that have no clue how to play this game. To me, HvV is the most frustrating mode in this game due to the target system so I don't see why I'd play with randoms and make the experience even more frustrating for myself. Most of the time we are talking about things in our lives while we play the game. We don't even really need to talk about the match.

    Instead of being bitter, why not find some friends with whom you can play?
  • Raices
    1277 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I never play in a team. I've only played in a party once or twice with just one friend. Why? Because my buddies all acknowledged how unfinished and bland the game is and moved on quickly. I should too tbh, but I'm a massive SW fan, so I still enjoy playing it even if it's frustrating at times.

    Anyway, I think winning with a team of randoms in HvV is a good achievement, especially if it's against a party of 3 or 4. I've only played against a party once (I guess I'm just lucky), and it wasn't fun for me or my inexperienced teammates. I got 24K points and the highest score, but a bad K/D and we lost 8 - 0. The party we were against was pretty good, but had really bad sportsmanship. They shot dead bodies for no apparent reason and emoted every time they got a kill. When I took one of them down, I was usually killed by another soon after, and 2 or 3 of them slashed at my body etc. I could tell by their over-aggressive gameplay that they were angry they had found someone more 'skilled' than them.

    That was the only time I played against a team and I don't normally judge based on first impressions, but I'd rather not play against teams that conduct themselves in this manner.

    Same story for me
  • TheScape wrote: »
    I think being able to communicate is a boost, but a bunch of randoms (with some skill) sticking together and working LIKE a team can accomplish just as much. However, I think skill is one of the main factors. A communicating team of unskilled players might have about the same success rate as a non-communicating team of skilled players. I only play random (and am a rookie player) and I have been on teams of randoms that have steamrolled because there are 2-3 skilled players on them AND because we stuck together.

    I have also been on an unskilled random team that worked together and STILL got steamrolled (I think one of the reasons for this is that you have cross almost the entire map to rejoin your team after you die and they have to go 3v4 or 2v4 for a short time (that’s how you lose this mode)). Skill, I think, is the biggest factor. Communication, second biggest.

    The spawning has gotten worse. If one team gets the upper hand it's steamrolling time simply because you have 3 or 4 ganging up on one target while the rest of that targets team tries to make it over one help from their far away spawn spot.

    The problem is they only seem capable of giving us one of these two options:

    - Spawn next to the action, even if that means that the enemies will also spawn next to you.
    - Spawn far away from the action, so once the team is broken, it will stay broken for good.

    Isn't there any kind of middle ground? Spawning close to your target while both targets are alive, but still trying to spawn each side opposite from each other should be possible.

    I swear for like a week the spawn was perfect but then it got worse than ever to what it is now. I just don't understand dice.
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Omniscient wrote: »
    Well you do know a lot about failure.

    Yes, I follow all of your posts.

    “Get that man some ICE”! :neutral:
    bs9fhac9tpcl.gif

    As for HVV team players I completely understand the mentality/fun factor. A bunch of good players/friends just having fun together IMO. Happens in every MP game.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    This thread will be ending here.
    In the future, let's try not to make obvious argumentative posts about teamplay.
    And perhaps, not make rude call outs.
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

    28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak


This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!