criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

No One Should Be Able To Use Abilities Or Shoot When Frozen/Stunned

Sgt_Fergus
2184 posts Member
This is so **** when Chewie can 180 shoot behind himself with his bowcaster while being frozen and same with stun. I have seen too many times Chewie, Han, Lando, etc be able to shoot me while frozen. That's not what happened to Poe in Episode 7. He was complete frozen and couldn't shoot but yet chewie and shoot behind himself? What the give??

Replies

• Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    Well when you're frozen, you're hand is still on the trigger.

/S
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Sgt_Fergus
    2184 posts Member
    Well when you're frozen, you're hand is still on the trigger.

/S

you can move, the point is you are frozen from being about to move any part of your body, including your finger. In episode 7 Poe couldn't move to even shot after being frozen. Hell even without being frozen you can't shoot behind yourself. you have to turn yet magically all ranged heroes can just shoot behind themselves which is like rewarding players for being frozen/stunned. If saber heroes can't use their lightsabers then neither can blaster heroes.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    This is so **** when Chewie can 180 shoot behind himself with his bowcaster while being frozen and same with stun. I have seen too many times Chewie, Han, Lando, etc be able to shoot me while frozen. That's not what happened to Poe in Episode 7. He was complete frozen and couldn't shoot but yet chewie and shoot behind himself? What the give??

Just recently had that happen to me to (and also did it to my opponent when I found out I could). Is that a new bug? I don't remember that from before. I used to be able to force choke Leia and Han and toss them aside and now it's asking to be an easy kill. Honestly, there is not much of a point for those abilities it leave you too exposed.
  • KresusFIN
    2111 posts Member
    Yep. Just another thing for them to repair.

One wonders how so much stuff can break so frequently. Do they not playtest their own games?
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2184 posts Member
    moltentown wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

Just recently had that happen to me to (and also did it to my opponent when I found out I could). Is that a new bug? I don't remember that from before. I used to be able to force choke Leia and Han and toss them aside and now it's asking to be an easy kill. Honestly, there is not much of a point for those abilities it leave you too exposed.

ya i found out about that too. its stupid. to force choke now as vader is just literally giving ranged heroes being choked a free shot at vader to blast him until he dies, making force choke ability a trap and not to use it.
    KresusFIN wrote: »

One wonders how so much stuff can break so frequently. Do they not playtest their own games?

i remember in Homefront 2011 they had so many bugs they gave special testers like me permission to beta test their new map before they released it because it was so bad. i seriously would beta test it because as much disappointment i have with dice's games, i still want to see this game have replay-ability.
  • Yes, I melted Vader as Chewie when he Force Choked me :#

Just broken ALL round :(
  • jonci
    897 posts Member
    I got killed by a frozen blaster hero whilst standing and off to one side behind Kylo, i even moved yet it tracked me. Absolutely **** game play at the moment.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

Absolutely agree, lost nearly all my health as Maul when using the Choke Throw on Lando even though i was behind him, since you can't move either while the whole animation is playing through, you are actually more vulnerable then the one caught in the attack.
  • MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member

Developers dont do playtesting. They specificallu hire people to test. Though to my knowledge, most testing is done pre release, so the players are usually the ones testing out new things. I'm not a programmer, so I wouldnt know, but its always confused me how changing one aspect of an ability can mess up another. Wouldnt the properties of the ability all be seperately coded, and you would have to change BOTH codes to mess one of the parts up?
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

Developers dont do playtesting. They specificallu hire people to test. Though to my knowledge, most testing is done pre release, so the players are usually the ones testing out new things. I'm not a programmer, so I wouldnt know, but its always confused me how changing one aspect of an ability can mess up another. Wouldnt the properties of the ability all be seperately coded, and you would have to change BOTH codes to mess one of the parts up?

I'm a programmer and I can say that, depending on how the code is set up, one small change can create a ton of errors. It's important to really test it out to see any flaw before being made a proper change as things are correlated and dependent on each other.
  • MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

I'm a programmer and I can say that, depending on how the code is set up, one small change can create a ton of errors. It's important to really test it out to see any flaw before being made a proper change as things are correlated and dependent on each other.

Thanks for the input man! As a programmer yourself, do you do the testing yourself, or do you have someone else do it?

Thanks for the input man! As a programmer yourself, do you do the testing yourself, or do you have someone else do it?

I do it myself mostly. The best tip for testing is that you have to try your hardest to break the game by dealing with the code that changed and the one that didn't. But, it best to get people both unfamiliar and familiar with the game as they will play it normally and encounter bugs naturally.
  • MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member

I do it myself mostly. The best tip for testing is that you have to try your hardest to break the game by dealing with the code that changed and the one that didn't. But, it best to get people both unfamiliar and familiar with the game as they will play it normally and encounter bugs naturally.

From what I assume, game testing has to be horrible to do, because you have to try and break the game. And again, I don't know even if a big studio like DICE has many in gouse testers to work on things they change, but the players are likely their main source of feedback by this point

From what I assume, game testing has to be horrible to do, because you have to try and break the game. And again, I don't know even if a big studio like DICE has many in gouse testers to work on things they change, but the players are likely their main source of feedback by this point

It does get terrible and frustrating, but errors will always happen. I think they need Beta testing with regular players because I've seen people in forums point out bugs quickly. If they can discover bugs in minutes, then it is safe to assume no testing was done. Besides, most players explain very well what the problem is and I think some of them could be quick fixes.
  • MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member

It does get terrible and frustrating, but errors will always happen. I think they need Beta testing with regular players because I've seen people in forums point out bugs quickly. If they can discover bugs in minutes, then it is safe to assume no testing was done. Besides, most players explain very well what the problem is and I think some of them could be quick fixes.

Do you think something like the Battlefield CTE, or Overwatch PTR could help? A seperate test server that has game updates in progress to help discover glitches, bugs, balance issues, etc?

Do you think something like the Battlefield CTE, or Overwatch PTR could help? A seperate test server that has game updates in progress to help discover glitches, bugs, balance issues, etc?

I'm unfamiliar with those programs but it sounds nice. If it works, I see no real reason it shouldn't be implemented. The main problem I see with DICE is they aren't really listening to people when it comes to bugs as I seen people say they have the same bugs since launch. So, they could implement programs but if they don't listen, it's pointless. Regardless, I still think Battlefront 2 is a good game.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2184 posts Member

I so wish they would. that was a way better move to do as it essentially removes the bugs before update when people can report them and people freely will test new stuff cuz they want to see new content but at same time test to make sure no bugs come out to the new game. this is become a much more common thing as you said with Battlefield CTE and Overwatch PTR. I remember back before MW3 came out I said how every AAA game with multiplayer needs to start doing beta testing before release. It's required at that point or it's basically gaming suicide as a big game, expecting millions of sales, and 1 bug that gets past closed alpha and beta can ruin everything. All it took was connection issues with Homefront 2011 and that game lost all of it's player base overnight, in 2 months the game went from 2 million to a couple thousand. This idea of making a separate free version that is for beta testing new stuff being tested and they can put it in like legos and just keep adding new pieces and see what breaks and what is fixed is a way smarter way to get it to a good point and then release next patch and boom no problem. you can clearly see the difference with BF1 vs SWBF2 on having an open beta testing version can do for the official release.
  • MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member

I so wish they would. that was a way better move to do as it essentially removes the bugs before update when people can report them and people freely will test new stuff cuz they want to see new content but at same time test to make sure no bugs come out to the new game. this is become a much more common thing as you said with Battlefield CTE and Overwatch PTR. I remember back before MW3 came out I said how every AAA game with multiplayer needs to start doing beta testing before release. It's required at that point or it's basically gaming suicide as a big game, expecting millions of sales, and 1 bug that gets past closed alpha and beta can ruin everything. All it took was connection issues with Homefront 2011 and that game lost all of it's player base overnight, in 2 months the game went from 2 million to a couple thousand. This idea of making a separate free version that is for beta testing new stuff being tested and they can put it in like legos and just keep adding new pieces and see what breaks and what is fixed is a way smarter way to get it to a good point and then release next patch and boom no problem. you can clearly see the difference with BF1 vs SWBF2 on having an open beta testing version can do for the official release.

Agree completely man. These types of thinhs help make the game better, and Battlefront 2 could really use one. The CTE was a huge success for Battlefield 4, and that game needed serious help at one point. So I feel that it would help this game out a lot, if one was implemented.

Agree completely man. These types of thinhs help make the game better, and Battlefront 2 could really use one. The CTE was a huge success for Battlefield 4, and that game needed serious help at one point. So I feel that it would help this game out a lot, if one was implemented.

ya 343i is doing the Halo MCC Insider Program, which I wish was public instead of private, is allowing people to test the game to make the final update to Halo MCC where there is no more bugs and glitches to the game. Especially the multiplayer.
  • Devs should only test in the development environment. I won't listen to a Dev tell me "it works on my machine".

Testers should have scripts, created by knowledgeable BAs (Business Analysts). The test scripts 1) should be automated when they can 2) Directly aimed at testing the broken issue.
    There should also be environmental testing and full regression testing depending on the situation.
    It is absolutely clear they are not running with an appropriate team. If they had legitimate testers most of this garbage would not be in the game.
    Right now the project I am on is $120 million applocation with40+ people and we roll out hot fixes, data fixes, updates, new work flows on a daily and weekly basis depending on the need. The last project is at ~$160 million. When I left it was over 60 contractors and 35 in house devs. 8 teams of 6. 2 devs 2 testers 2 BAs were running code fixes and tests from DEV, Staging, Testing and Prod. Currently on my project we have Dev, Test, Staging, Verification, Testing, Prod and our static code repository environment. There is A LOT that going into building and maintaining applications. If it is done VERY POORLY you end up with what you see now. I am going on and on because it is beyond clear to me that DICE has absolutely none of the real resources they need to make this game successful at any rate. It is unfortunate that EA has done this to them and unfortunate that DICE is trying to make it seem like we have a live service when it is run by sub par devs on too small a team. I WISH this game appeared it was going to magically get better. It's not.
  • KresusFIN
    2111 posts Member
    When it's put like that, one has to wonder if they're at all concerned about potentially losing the Star Wars game license from Disney.

Being on the right track is one thing, but after so many broken promises, and glitches back and forth, not to mention unwelcome and unnecessary "balancing", (Combat roll was fine, people's saber skills just sucked.) (Vader should've run out of Stamina in Rogue One, by the block change logic. No, it made no sense.) I'd hope they'd really just... What's a decent term to use.. Get a grip? If you're going to charge 60€+ for a game, and have the gall to hype it up as an AAA title, then it had better be a stable, finished product with a dedicated team behind it.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2184 posts Member
    ya, until then i dont even use those abilities til they fix it because its a death trap to use it
  • Found this bug report about the problem so we can support it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Choke-Freeze-Stun-Push-Throw-bugged-on-blaster-wielder/m-p/6907659#M17497

It's 2 weeks old and they said they are looking into it. Let's hope so, because I'm getting real tired of freezing targets and immediately getting head shot before I even strike.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2184 posts Member
    Found this bug report about the problem so we can support it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Choke-Freeze-Stun-Push-Throw-bugged-on-blaster-wielder/m-p/6907659#M17497

It's 2 weeks old and they said they are looking into it. Let's hope so, because I'm getting real tired of freezing targets and immediately getting head shot before I even strike.

ya i just saw that clip someone posted of leia killing kylo while frozen... literal cancer right there
  • There is no point on freezing people now, other then let them standing there for a few parsecs.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2184 posts Member
    There is no point on freezing people now, other then let them standing there for a few parsecs.

pretty accurate
  • Its daft when a frozen player can shoot you when facing the opposite direction. Hopefully it will be fixed. But a lot of people say stuns are "op" so who knows?
  • Its daft when a frozen player can shoot you when facing the opposite direction. Hopefully it will be fixed. But a lot of people say stuns are "op" so who knows?

well with all the stuns you know what you are in for. chewie has to throw a nade so you can dodge if you know to keep your distance. lando has to throw his and you can't instantly activate until it hits the ground, so a partial second longer of a reaction vs chiewie's instant shock when it hits, iden has to send a droid out so you just got to stay out of field of view and palpy, who is now removed, has to do a whole animation before he can shot anyone. also, all of these are also underpowered since abilities can be evaded as some already showed how broken it is where as long as you dodge or do some sort of animation, like using an ability, at the same time someone uses force push or force pull etc, it cancels out the attacker's which is rather dumb. so even if you are in the effected area, as long as you are still in your roll of an evade and the roll finished and lands you outside of the affected area, you will have no effect done to you, even if during the roll you were in the effected area.
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    Its daft when a frozen player can shoot you when facing the opposite direction. Hopefully it will be fixed. But a lot of people say stuns are "op" so who knows?

well with all the stuns you know what you are in for. chewie has to throw a nade so you can dodge if you know to keep your distance. lando has to throw his and you can't instantly activate until it hits the ground, so a partial second longer of a reaction vs chiewie's instant shock when it hits, iden has to send a droid out so you just got to stay out of field of view and palpy, who is now removed, has to do a whole animation before he can shot anyone. also, all of these are also underpowered since abilities can be evaded as some already showed how broken it is where as long as you dodge or do some sort of animation, like using an ability, at the same time someone uses force push or force pull etc, it cancels out the attacker's which is rather dumb. so even if you are in the effected area, as long as you are still in your roll of an evade and the roll finished and lands you outside of the affected area, you will have no effect done to you, even if during the roll you were in the effected area.

Lando can activate in air.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Sgt_Fergus
    2184 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Its daft when a frozen player can shoot you when facing the opposite direction. Hopefully it will be fixed. But a lot of people say stuns are "op" so who knows?

Lando can activate in air.

i have never seen that ever happen in all the time playing as lando and spamming the activate button for the device to zap people, it only goes off after it attaches to something