criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Another day another glitch

Does dice even care.

The old unable to change characters in hvv is back. I'm not a coder so maybe someone can answer how does something like this happen? Does code write itself?

Replies

• Unable to change characters? Could you be more specific. If it's about the bug which makes you unable to pick a hero after the match started, then I have a solution for you. If not, it may be a new glitch to me
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    This glitch happens when you select a character and then immediately look at the scoreboard. Your character will be grayed out but not selected.

If everyone else picks a character after this glitch occurs, then you will be locked out from picking a character. You’ll need someone else to unselect a character so you can select.

If the match begins after all this happens, then won’t be able to spawn in at the start of the match. You’ll need someone to die/respawn before you can select a character and spawn.

There might be a little more to it than that, but that’s the gist of it.

Thank you. That’s happened to me once and I had no idea why. Had to quit the match.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1489 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Lero explained it all about that glitch, it's indeed the glitch I was referring to in my post, but by the brief explanation from OP I couldn't be sure it was it. I made a video explaining what lero said and also showing how you can realize you triggered this glitch before the match starts, so you can fix it, as after starting the only way is to have someone come back to selection screen after he dies to undo the glitch:

Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • The only character glitch that I experienced was when I and another player chose Chewbacca as the character to play with and both of us got him. It was hilarious having two Chewies on the map, we worked as a team slaying everyone.
  • The only character glitch that I experienced was when I and another player chose Chewbacca as the character to play with and both of us got him. It was hilarious having two Chewies on the map, we worked as a team slaying everyone.

Some people call that "cheating"
  • XXXO77O4906
    3104 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Hey all!

I have escalated this issue now to the team. Thank you very much for the report and especially the detailed video with a step by step instructions.

If you have anymore details, always feel free to share!
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines

That happened to me when I was playing as Boba and went to change my cards. When I was back as Boba someone else was also Boba. I changed characters quickly since I was afraid the glitch wouldn't acknowledge my points.
    This glitch happens when you select a character and then immediately look at the scoreboard. Your character will be grayed out but not selected.

If everyone else picks a character after this glitch occurs, then you will be locked out from picking a character. You’ll need someone else to unselect a character so you can select.

If the match begins after all this happens, then won’t be able to spawn in at the start of the match. You’ll need someone to die/respawn before you can select a character and spawn.

I'm talking about during the match not pre match lobby.
  • Unable to change characters? Could you be more specific. If it's about the bug which makes you unable to pick a hero after the match started, then I have a solution for you. If not, it may be a new glitch to me

I've seen a few of your videos. liked and subscribed to this hope your channel finds joy. thanks for being unofficial EA Bug tester.
  • Lero explained it all about that glitch, it's indeed the glitch I was referring to in my post, but by the brief explanation from OP I couldn't be sure it was it. I made a video explaining what lero said and also showing how you can realize you triggered this glitch before the match starts, so you can fix it, as after starting the only way is to have someone come back to selection screen after he dies to undo the glitch:

Ur great. Wish I could make vids. I tried recording on cell phone lol but the glare was *****.
  • 2 Glitched 2 Furious
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Hey all!

I have escalated this issue now to the team. Thank you very much for the report and especially the detailed video with a step by step instructions.

@XXXO77O4906

You may also want to forward, if you press the options key (PS4) and you’re still in the options menu when the round starts a similar glitch happens. However you CAN still spawn in when this happens it just makes it so your character select menu is overlayed on your screen and you won’t spawn until you select the character again. I can send a video if need be, the glitch is easily replicated.
  • @Phantom_A320

Is this the exploit that makes your character spawn again and again and to others looks like teleportation? If yes, the team is aware of that one but if this is something else, feel free to share indeed.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1489 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Hey all!

@XXXO77O4906

You may also want to forward, if you press the options key (PS4) and you’re still in the options menu when the round starts a similar glitch happens. However you CAN still spawn in when this happens it just makes it so your character select menu is overlayed on your screen and you won’t spawn until you select the character again. I can send a video if need be, the glitch is easily replicated.

This is in our to-do list of videos: How to late spawn on HvV. If you press the button which brings the options screen (ESC on PC), you won't spawn normally with others. The Selection Screen will overlay the intro, and when the match starts you get back to the selection screen properly. In this BUG you can spawn normally by selecting your character. If you do this while Intro Animation is playing, you spawn with your team on the initial spawn point. But if you wait to spawn only after the intro plays, you'll spawn in any possible spawn point for your faction on the map.

As HvV is a team focused mode, doing this is rarely an advantage, especially if multiple people do it which makes most team mates start far from each other. But you can manipulate who'll be chosen target for the first round with this BUG, which is a minor exploit, but an exploit nonetheless. And fast characters like Boba would certainly not mind starting far away if that means starting near enemies just to unleash a rocket barrage and regroup with his team afterwards.

So I don't think it's the teleportation glitch he's taking about @XXXO77O4906 . BTW, I tried reproducing this teleportation glitch on my end, but I never succeeded.
    stevenomes wrote: »
    Unable to change characters? Could you be more specific. If it's about the bug which makes you unable to pick a hero after the match started, then I have a solution for you. If not, it may be a new glitch to me

I've seen a few of your videos. liked and subscribed to this hope your channel finds joy. thanks for being unofficial EA Bug tester.

Thanks man! I appreciate that! Myabe one day the "unofficial" can become "official", let's see what EA/DICE thinks about it.
    Lero explained it all about that glitch, it's indeed the glitch I was referring to in my post, but by the brief explanation from OP I couldn't be sure it was it. I made a video explaining what lero said and also showing how you can realize you triggered this glitch before the match starts, so you can fix it, as after starting the only way is to have someone come back to selection screen after he dies to undo the glitch:

Ur great. Wish I could make vids. I tried recording on cell phone lol but the glare was ****.

Thanks too! Well, recording from Cellphone doesn't seem a good idea. If it's gameplay you want to make videos about, have you considered capturing the screen of your PC? Windows 10 has an already built-in feature to record gameplay, including Full Screen recording without the need of playing on windowed mode. But if you play on Console, I'm sure they too have built-in features to record gameplay. Silkie Whisperer did a tutorial on how to record clips on both Consoles so people can send them to him to make his moments compilations. Take a look on his channel if you want to discover how to do it.
    Tired of BUGs?

• Hey all!

@XXXO77O4906

This is in our to-do list of videos: How to late spawn on HvV. If you press the button which brings the options screen (ESC on PC), you won't spawn normally with others. The Selection Screen will overlay the intro, and when the match starts you get back to the selection screen properly. In this BUG you can spawn normally by selecting your character. If you do this while Intro Animation is playing, you spawn with your team on the initial spawn point. But if you wait to spawn only after the intro plays, you'll spawn in any possible spawn point for your faction on the map.

As HvV is a team focused mode, doing this is rarely an advantage, especially if multiple people do it which makes most team mates start far from each other. But you can manipulate who'll be chosen target for the first round with this BUG, which is a minor exploit, but an exploit nonetheless. And fast characters like Boba would certainly not mind starting far away if that means starting near enemies just to unleash a rocket barrage and regroup with his team afterwards.

So I don't think it's the teleportation glitch he's taking about @XXXO77O4906 . BTW, I tried reproducing this teleportation glitch on my end, but I never succeeded.
    Unable to change characters? Could you be more specific. If it's about the bug which makes you unable to pick a hero after the match started, then I have a solution for you. If not, it may be a new glitch to me

Thanks man! I appreciate that! Myabe one day the "unofficial" can become "official", let's see what EA/DICE thinks about it.

Ur great. Wish I could make vids. I tried recording on cell phone lol but the glare was ****.

Thanks too! Well, recording from Cellphone doesn't seem a good idea. If it's gameplay you want to make videos about, have you considered capturing the screen of your PC? Windows 10 has an already built-in feature to record gameplay, including Full Screen recording without the need of playing on windowed mode. But if you play on Console, I'm sure they too have built-in features to record gameplay. Silkie Whisperer did a tutorial on how to record clips on both Consoles so people can send them to him to make his moments compilations. Take a look on his channel if you want to discover how to do it.

Im on xbox so I'll check out that channel.

I'm talking about during the match not pre match lobby.

To be more specific during the hvv match when I tried to respawn or even when I died it didn't give me the option to change the hero.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Hey all!

@XXXO77O4906

Hit the xbox button when you want to record something.
    Then x for the default duration. (You can change this in settings)
    Or use view button jm6fcmkqeag2.png
    and you can pick from:
    Record from now
    Capture a screenshot
    Or Capture what happened

Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• @Phantom_A320

Is this the exploit that makes your character spawn again and again and to others looks like teleportation? If yes, the team is aware of that one but if this is something else, feel free to share indeed.

@XXXO77O4906

No not that one. I’ll upload a video either today or tomorrow.
  • F03hammer wrote: »
    Hey all!

@XXXO77O4906

Hit the xbox button when you want to record something.
    Then x for the default duration. (You can change this in settings)
    Or use view button jm6fcmkqeag2.png
    and you can pick from:
    Record from now
    Capture a screenshot
    Or Capture what happened

Thank you! Ok I can get that far but how do I upload it like onto this website?
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    You can't upload to the forums directly.
    You can either upload to one drive and use a shareable link.
    from xbox live using sites like xboxclips.com and finding the clip by searching your gamertag. . Once it's on xbox live you can download from onedrive and upload to youtube.
    There's no direct upload from xbox to youtube sadly any longer.
    PS The part in bold is what I do as it's easiest. Just copy the address from your clip on xboxclips.com and link it here where relevant.
    EG:

Sullustan emote
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• F03hammer wrote: »
    You can't upload to the forums directly.
    You can either upload to one drive and use a shareable link.
    from xbox live using sites like xboxclips.com and finding the clip by searching your gamertag. . Once it's on xbox live you can download from onedrive and upload to youtube.
    There's no direct upload from xbox to youtube sadly any longer.
    PS The part in bold is what I do as it's easiest. Just copy the address from your clip on xboxclips.com and link it here where relevant.
    EG:

Sullustan emote

That's cool since I don't want to mess with YouTube.