criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Return of the jedi realisation

Kyle2295
254 posts Member
I just realized that the title return of the jedi could be refer to vader becoming anakin skywalker again.

Replies

• Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    Battlefront II means it's the second Battlefront game by EA and DICE.

Not necessarily, could be pandemics battlefront 2
  • Kyle2295
    254 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Lay off the Mary Jane for a while

Hahaha
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    Kyle2295 wrote: »
    I just realized that the title return of the jedi could be refer to vader becoming anakin skywalker again.

I like it!
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • LeftTurnus
    1099 posts Member
    Han_Spinel wrote: »

I like it!

Of course the original title was "Revenge of the Jedi"
    Was changed as the PR people thought having Revenge in the title was a bit too aggressive for some bizarre reason...
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    LeftTurnus wrote: »

I like it!

Was changed as the PR people thought having Revenge in the title was a bit too aggressive for some bizarre reason...

True story. Perhaps in this instance Jedi are plural? Either way, a fun interpretation of RotJ - my fav film (don't throw tomatoes).
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Alex64
    5796 posts Member
    Luke's return
  • LeftTurnus wrote: »

I like it!

The original name of the movie was actually Blue Harvest...from a certain point of view. B)
  • LeftTurnus wrote: »

I like it!

It was changed because Lucas said Jedi don't take revenge. Those original posters are worth a little money as well.
    xJENARIx on XBOX and PS4
  • LeftTurnus
    1099 posts Member
    LeftTurnus wrote: »

I like it!

It was changed because Lucas said Jedi don't take revenge. Those original posters are worth a little money as well.

I know.
    I was at a convention shortly before it released. At the time my buddy and I knew the title was going to change. There was a lot of "Revenge of the Jedi" merchandise available. We passed on that (like non mental giants) as we thought the Return stuff would be better LoL.

Ah, good 'ol youth and not thinking things through entirely ...
  • Kyle2295 wrote: »

Um, yeah.. that's what I've always thought...one of the meanings anyway.
    m0j6n9yk2eer.jpg
    Xbox Live: Honorary Ewok

• MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member
    Battlefront II means it's the second Battlefront game by EA and DICE.

Not necessarily, could be pandemics battlefront 2

Pandemic = Battlefront II

DICE = Battlefront 2

3e1lut7wtbam.png

I also realized that the phantom menace refers to Sidious being “the phantom menace”

And that Attack of The Clones is where the clones attack!

And that Revegne of the sith is where the sith have their revenge!

And the new hope is where the rebellion gets a “A new hope”!

And the empire strikes back is where the empire strikes back!

And the force awakens is where Rey wakes up!

And the Last Jedi is where Luke says he’s “The Last Jedi”!

Shall I go on?
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Relmets
    1893 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Shall I go on?

What are you gonna go on with, you listed all of them
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »

Shall I go on?

What are you gonna go on with, you listed all of them

SOLO: A Star Wars story is about Han Solo!

ROGUE ONE: A Star Wars story is about Rogue one!

STAR WARS REBELS is about the rebels!

STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS is about the clone wars!

SAR WARS: RESISTANCE is about Dave Filonis brave attempt to save the train wreck of a trilogy Rain Johnson sabotaged.
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Relmets
    1893 posts Member
    Dave Baloney has too much power
    [+3748 posts]
    Dave Baloney has too much power

jelvd6pxgexs.gif
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • I kinda suspected that it might have this meaning so it's great to see other people share the same thought.
    Lay off the Mary Jane for a while

Yeah, that’s Spidey’s girl, lay off!
    giphy.gif

3e1lut7wtbam.png

I also realized that the phantom menace refers to Sidious being “the phantom menace”

Shall I go on?

"Force awakens is where rey wakes up" hahahahahahahahahaha
    So was she just asleep her whole life prior or something.
    You so clever
  • Also, did anyone else notice how in the first act if the movie, C3PO was translating in English, but Jabba and Boussh Leia were both speaking different languages? Just thought that was kind of cool
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • I don't get the title the last Jedi when return of the Jedi means their return after the fall of the empire and the new movies should of focus on Luke's students. So Kylo took over half of Luke's students so Ren and 6 others leaving 5 other Jedi that they killed. So what happen in those 30 years Luke trained zero? No I say he trained maybe 24 students in those 30 years. So the Jedi had returned. And the last Jedi title in it self makes no since. Can we honestly say Ren was trained well enough to hunt all of them down? Nope we can't. Even if Snoke finished his training which we all know he did not by the lack of confidence in Ren. Ren is not the leader or the talent of such great Sith and Jedi of days gone. He is too conflicted. Even anikin as good as he was was conflicted and took out by Kenobi the drinking least of the Jedi masters! And Luke was greater than kenobi. So the title Return of the Jedi suggest that their are more than Luke at the end of the film and other Jedi came out of hiding. Which means the title the last Jedi is the last Jedi trained by Luke which is the story of Kylo Ren not Rey. And I bet one or two of Luke's students made it out and will want revenge for their master. Or the return of the Jedi's original title Revenge of the Jedi.

Sorry about the wall.
  • Jinda_Lo
    189 posts Member

3e1lut7wtbam.png

Shall I go on?

Given that you have done a great job of taking the other titles absolutely literally, I don't understand why you didn't get that 'The Force Awakens' is where the 'Force' itself wakes up. Rey is the catalyst. We find out in 'The Last Jedi' that Luke has cut himself off from the force and arguably the dark side is more about manipulating the force than awakening it.

Rey comes into contact with Luke's LIghtsabre and suddenly the force is alive again.
  • Dash
    11526 posts Member
    What about the TLJ Realization:
    :sunglasses: rlabfnyfai0s.jpeg :sunglasses:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif