criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Star Wars: Rebels series finale was such a disappointment...

13Next

Replies

• acc751
    861 posts Member
    BluDude wrote: »
    acc751 wrote: »
    i think its dumb that they have ashoka come back it feels like pure fanservice to me

ANH didn't bring back obi wan, he died and stayed dead.

i would have preferred if ashoka actually died then came back as a force ghost for some heck all reason

i mean they are already ruining the force with this furry wolf heck so it doesn't matter anymore.

At first I also kind of wanted Ahsoka to stay dead. I would love to see more of her character, but her original death was so well done. But then Ezra and her talked about how neither of them could save their master, and that kind of parallel is way to meaningful for Ezra for the writers to pass up.

I'm interested to see her character now that she's moved on from Anakin. Hopefully she's in the next tv show

they also ruined her character by making her an edgy grey jedi

it would have been better imo if she was gunned down by the clones during order 66
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • acc751 wrote: »
    i think its dumb that they have ashoka come back it feels like pure fanservice to me

i would have preferred if ashoka actually died then came back as a force ghost for some heck all reason

i mean they are already ruining the force with this furry wolf heck so it doesn't matter anymore.

At first I also kind of wanted Ahsoka to stay dead. I would love to see more of her character, but her original death was so well done. But then Ezra and her talked about how neither of them could save their master, and that kind of parallel is way to meaningful for Ezra for the writers to pass up.

I'm interested to see her character now that she's moved on from Anakin. Hopefully she's in the next tv show

it would have been better imo if she was gunned down by the clones during order 66

It would have been better if she was killed by Darth Vader, on screen while we're at it.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • OOM19
    2830 posts Member
    Grey Jedi? Grey Jedi are no longer canon. Filioni himself said he found the Grey Jedi concept irrational and clarified that Ashoka was not a Grey Jedi
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • To summarize, I was hoping for an epic final battle between the Rebel Alliance fleet and Thrawn's forces over Lothal... instead, Ezra defeats Thrawn all by himself with the help of his animal friends- the wolves and the space whales- the latter of which comes completely out of nowhere and just wipes out the Imperial fleet, and the rest of the Imperial forces they trick into evacuating, shoot them into space, and then blow them up!

It was just so unrealistic, and ****, and childish, and badly-written... I am at a loss for words. Star Wars: Rebels has never been 100%, it's had it's ups and downs, but it certainly did not end on a high note.

The only good thing that came out of this finale is that we have confirmation that Ahsoka is alive after Return of the Jedi.

But they made an embarrassment out of Thrawn, and ended the series on a cliffhanger. It sucks, because I felt that Star Wars: Rebels had a lot of potential, but it never quite reached that potential.

I'm hoping that Dave Filoni eventually makes up for this animated atrocity with a new series, maybe something based on the original Thrawn Trilogy of books (Heir to the Empire/Dark Force Rising/The Last Command) with Luke, Han, Leia, and Mara Jade as the main protagonists and the New Republic going up against Thrawn's Imperial Remnants in an epic, galaxy-spanning conflict of equal proportions to The Clone Wars, and hopefully with the same level of maturity; Star Wars: Rebels was more often than not too junior for my liking.

Well I am disappointed in you.
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • GrantKP
    19 posts Member
    Suspected from Day 1 Ezra would have an "ambiguous ending", same like Ahsoka did back before clone wars was canceled. They made her "leave" the jedi order to avoid order 66. Just call Ezra the new Ahsoka.
    Thrawn was setup to fail the moment they put him pre-A New Hope. Because obviously the Rebels will defeat the emprie, no plan Thrawn does will really set back the rebels. Would've been better to have made him the real main villain of The Force Awakens Trilogy. Where he could've been the one to destroy the new republic.
    Ever hear of an "deus ex machina"? Think of the Giant Eagles in Lord of the Rings. That's what the space whales are. That's why they make people roll their eyes every time they save the day and create plot holes when they don't but were still around.

• bfloo
    14061 posts Member

She wasn't a Jedi, and grey Jedi make no sense since the Jedi are a light side Order.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png