criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Carrie Fisher will return as Leia in ep. IX!

Yep, looks like it. Using previously unreleased footage from TFA they will give the character a worthy ending:

“We desperately loved Carrie Fisher. Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.” - J. J. Abrams

Other than that it looks like we will once again see Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian since both Mark Hamill and Billy Dee Williams joins the cast.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-ix-cast-announced

Replies

• feels both good and weird at the same time
  • Devlin21
    8330 posts Member
    Yay landos coming!
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    Force Ghost Luke!
    Also, I'm so glad that Billy D.W will get some more screen time, I was ***** when he wasn't cast in The Last Jedi.

Although, I don't get what everyone's problem with Leia being CG was. (Ultimately, it's too advanced of a concept for these times, perhaps. Whatever.)
    Wknuto!
  • Spiito wrote: »
    Force Ghost Luke!
    Also, I'm so glad that Billy D.W will get some more screen time, I was **** when he wasn't cast in The Last Jedi.

Although, I don't get what everyone's problem with Leia being CG was. (Ultimately, it's too advanced of a concept for these times, perhaps. Whatever.)

Seeing how this is likely the last time we will ever see Leia in a Star Wars chapter film, I very much prefer it to be Carrie Fisher and not some CGI copy that ends the whole thing. Who knows what scenes they might’ve shot. With Adam Driver perhaps? Reuniting mother and son.

Love it that Luke will return as a force ghost (most likely) and I hope he is joined by atleast one other. Yoda? Obi-Wan? (No McGregor on this list tho...)
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    Seeing how this is likely the last time we will ever see Leia in a Star Wars chapter film, I very much prefer it to be Carrie Fisher and not some CGI copy that ends the whole thing. Who knows what scenes they might’ve shot. With Adam Driver perhaps? Reuniting mother and son.

Love it that Luke will return as a force ghost (most likely) and I hope he is joined by atleast one other. Yoda? Obi-Wan? (No McGregor on this list tho...)
    I suppose they might have some interesting footage sealed away someplace. Leia and Kylo scenes would be heartwarming, for sure... *Tries not to cry*

I think it was mentioned someplace that Yoda will be making an appearance, due to recent popularity expressed in the character.
    Wknuto!
  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    My guess is they took some unused film in 7 and will use it early in 9 and then write her out. Not sure how else they could use unused film from 7 for a substantial role unless they wrote 9 around that unused film. Should be interesting
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • It's definitely the only acceptable way to show her in the third movie. I'm happy about it and know they will do it justice. Otherwise they would have just written around her.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • I wonder how they will make it fit with the movie. At least we know that that other leaked story can't be true now. There won't be a Leia to go try and save Rey from Kylo. I have seen that John Boyega has hinted on the story having either a huge battle or a huge war, I can't remember which one.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • RIFRIG
    482 posts Member
    Hologram transmissions will likely be used to pad out the small amount of actual real footage they have of Carrie.
  • Wish they didn’t spoil Lando’s return (maybe cuz it would be leaked anyway) but hype anyway!
  • Prof_Moriarty
    1366 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    RIFRIG wrote: »
    Hologram transmissions will likely be used to pad out the small amount of actual real footage they have of Carrie.

While there’s probably not tons of it laying around, I think there is more cut footage of Leia than we might think, especially considering the news that they will be using footage from The Last Jedi filming aswell. My guess is that not only will she be ”physically” present in the movie, rather than a hologram, but also that there is a possibility that Leia will survive episode IX, even with Carrie Fisher passing away... Or am I crazy?
  • RIFRIG wrote: »

While there’s probably not tons of it laying around, I think there is more cut footage of Leia than we might think, especially considering the news that they will be using footage from The Last Jedi filming aswell. My guess is that not only will she be ”physically” present in the movie, rather than a hologram, but also that there is a possibility that Leia will survive episode IX, even with Carrie Fisher passing away... Or am I crazy?

They'll kill her off. Disney wants to get rid of the old. Even though daisy doesn't want to do star wars anymore.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• RIFRIG wrote: »

They'll kill her off. Disney wants to get rid of the old. Even though daisy doesn't want to do star wars anymore.

Not so sure about that... It’s likely, obviously, that she will go, but still... no death scene recorded (I suppose), the words from Carrie Fishers brother that there will be big surprises with this movie and the unused footage and that this one is for the fans... No, I’m gonna stay with that for now. Leia will live through ep. IX :) Either is fine by me anyways!
  • bfloo
    15842 posts Member

She never did Star Wars, she did dizney warz
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Darth_REYdr3
    50 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    bfloo wrote: »

She never did Star Wars, she did dizney warz

Why would you say that?!?! HOW could you say that?!?! Daisy Ridley was the best contribution to star wars ever! Haters gonna Hate! I honestly feel terrible for her. She doesn't want to do star wars anymore because of the jerks who trolled her about the choices Lucasfilms made for Rey, plus she doesn't want her face to be only remembered from star wars. it could ruin her acting career like it did Mark Hamill. After star wars, he never really played in anything else major, because he was only viewed as LUKE SKYWALKER. Daisy doesn't want that, perfectly understandable...

Anyways, i am really excited for EP 9! My thoughts: They will, at least, kill Leia and Kylo Ren since they are the last of the Skywalker clan. After all, the movies ARE the last in the Skywalker saga. To me honestly, i think they will kill off pretty much everyone. Because as long as there is darkness, light will rise against it. And if they are planning to truly end the saga, they will have to kill everyone.

Lucasfilms continued the originals with force awakens because they could. Because the old characters (the heroes) survived and won, meaning a new story could be created. But if they truly want to end this saga, they will probably kill off everyone so the story cant be continued. Plus it was said that when Daisy Ridley heard the fate of Rey in EP 9, she cried. Why would she cry if Rey lives happily ever after?

For Rey's sake, I honestly hope she will live happily ever after. Because she deserves it. Especially after all the pain, abandonment, lose, and heart ache she has had to put with. Most of all, i hope she finds a family (notice how i said "{A} family") or at least someone who will love her. But it might not happen and i am prepared for that...maybe.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    b8dbtkudgr7e.gif
    I used to be Bobs_Fett366, but I got a username change.
    #rey #Kyloren #TheLastJedi #TheForceAwakens
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Let's please be mindful of other peoples' opinions and the language we use on the forums, thanks.
  • quenaelin
    1064 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Good news that they all are in cast again, I hope this movie will be great or atleast average. Daisy Ridley was good enough, I don't blame or hate her for her bad Mary Sue Rey role, her role was more script writers and directors fault not hers. She was acting according to script and didn't try to change it anyway, perhaps she should have known how bad script was when she joined in if she have been more experienced actress. Entirely other thing was prequels, there I hated bad acting of Hayden more than Daisys bad role. Feeling and spirit in prequels was lost and wasn't nearly as good as in original movies, didn't like Anakin as a boy character and Anakin as a man, Jake and Hayden didn't manage to bring those roles alive with their bad acting. I didn't like prequels and sequels so much as originals movies and I didn't like Special Editions either. It was pain to watch Lucas changing his own classic movies in Special Editions, it was obvious that even he didn't know what he had created, even he didn't think them as classics. It is like Ridley Scott changed Blade Runner in his Directors Cut which was awful mistake, I didn't like it. Perhaps Ryan Johnson should make directors cut from The Last Jedi, I am sure people would like it more than original, if he included all deleted scenes.
  • I can't wait for Domhnall Gleeson to return. I have seen interviews with Oscar Isaac and he said this movie was supposed to be war-themed. Which I think is awesome. That is the perfect way to end the saga. In other news, there will be another Star Wars & LotR crossover. Dominic Monaghan will be joining the cast of Epi. IX. As any LotR fan knows, he plays Meriadoc (Merry) Brandybuck in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1