criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I effectively own a game that currently doesnt work

DarthJ
5399 posts Member
edited July 2018
...for a few days now, I have had the empty lobby/error 1066/ping related issue start to bite. I have tried the 'manual fix' multiple times, which has only worked once. I want to play online, as arcade gets old very quickly.

So at the moment, I own a game that I paid 80 quid for that doesnt work. Great. And I have seen multiple people mention this. But nothing being done.

This is at the point now where its embarassing. Abysmal. Appalling. People cant even play your game. Do you even care? This game is in a state and only the players seem to care.
41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59

Replies

• Zyder
    218 posts Member
    I'm setting aside Battlefront II. With 335 hours I have 99% of heroes with purple cards, all weapons with their respectives attachments, 75% of challanges done and all achievements unlocked.

The game is boring for me now. I hope the roadmap gets huge. For now, I'm returning to BF4 and my god, they can't copy paste this and turn it to a Star Wars game?
  • Empire_TW
    4109 posts Member
    *We effectively own a game that currently doesnt work
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW
    4109 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    *We effectively own a game that currently doesnt work

Welcome to the club! Horrible isnt it

I actually haven't had issues finding servers but yeah it is terrible how broken the game currently is. But hey at least you can turn your lightsaber on and off, roadmap material right there.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
  • I have the same issue and even completely reinstalling the game doesn't help, all the other things posted in the forum to fix it or at least workaround it don't work for me either.
    xjippyx wrote: »
    Anything you buy digitally, you don’t own.

So by your logic he would own a game if he went to a store and bought the disk, but because he bought it online he doesn't?
  • DarthJ
    5399 posts Member
    I tried again this morning. Tried workarounds. Again nothing, either error code or dumps me into an empty server that doesnt fill up. Ah well, onto other games then!
  • I'm having the same issues and they just started last week luckily the workaround works for me but once I get in a lobby if I leave that lobby I have to do the whole work around all over again, I'm on xbox1 btw.
  • Versatti
    1510 posts Member
    I feel your pain, had a pretty horrendous day of it yesterday. Shut the game down multiple times, work around didn’t do anything so ended up wasting an hour of my life trying to get online.

In my opinion the game is broken and a hotfix should have been pushed out days ago. More annoyingly is that unlike SWGoH, there won’t be any form of compensation for it which to me is just crazy. It’s very difficult to support something so broken.
  • DarthJ
    5399 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Versatti wrote: »
    I feel your pain, had a pretty horrendous day of it yesterday. Shut the game down multiple times, work around didn’t do anything so ended up wasting an hour of my life trying to get online.

In my opinion the game is broken and a hotfix should have been pushed out days ago. More annoyingly is that unlike SWGoH, there won’t be any form of compensation for it which to me is just crazy. It’s very difficult to support something so broken.

Exactly. Randomly the German ping site started working for me before, even though it hadnt earlier this week. We shouldnt have to do this though ewally.
  • Jealyh
    97 posts Member
    Been away for 3 weeks, getting back home and thinking surely I can play this game again now. But then I remembered the people working on this game haven't passed primary school yet so they don't know how to read, and thus don't understand that we've been trying to tell them about bugs for months. Just give it a few years until they learn how to read, and then they can contact adults who know how to code.
  • TwinSp1re
    126 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Jealyh wrote: »
    Been away for 3 weeks, getting back home and thinking surely I can play this game again now. But then I remembered the people working on this game haven't passed primary school yet so they don't know how to read, and thus don't understand that we've been trying to tell them about bugs for months. Just give it a few years until they learn how to read, and then they can contact adults who know how to code.

Ok so I guess you are the one person in the whole wide world who is 100% complete with their work and to perfection?

Not a single thing that can considered not perfect or working?

Ever consider your issue might be on their list but not a priority since many many others can play the game?

They should know by now that if "Jealyh" has a problem to drop everything and fix it?

You sir(or mam) are a complete ****. I am sure once they learn how to read, which probably will be about when you learn to be a decent human being... They will then be really excited to fix your issue since you have been so positive and supportive.

Yes it sucks that EA/DICE probably pulled a lot of resources from the game since they weren't able to monitize it as a live service... that is not the devs doing the works faul.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    TwinSp1re wrote: »

Ok so I guess you are the one person in the whole wide world who is 100% complete with their work and to perfection?

Ever consider your issue might be on their list but not a priority since many many others can play the game?

They should know by now that if "Jealyh" has a problem to drop everything and fix it?

You sir(or mam) are a complete ****. I am sure once they learn how to read, which probably will be about when you learn to be a decent human being... They will then be really excited to fix your issue since you have been so positive and supportive.

Yes it sucks that EA/DICE probably pulled a lot of resources from the game since they weren't able to monitize it as a live service... that is not the devs doing the works faul.

It is the devs fault. What exactly are they even doing all day??
    Psn: Jello770
  • Jealyh
    97 posts Member

Lol? There are dozens of threads about ping site issue and empty lobbies... I do expect them to fix this yes
  • If you like to play the game and challenge yourself or have to change regions just to get a game.
    That's when it hits the fan and stuffs up.
    I swap and change for a challenges and different groups of people
    As soon as i do i generally know I'm in trouble of getting back to my local server.
    Very sad and poor quality of service.
  • tankertoad
    5551 posts Member

What lameness. And wrongness.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • LeftTurnus
    1097 posts Member
    All I can say, remember this when DICE releases any new games. I know I do.
    I swore away from EA DICE after Battlefield IV. BF4 may be better now, but it was a very painful first year. With the demands for paid DLC, I left as the game was pretty much unplayable.
    Skipped BF1, will most definitely be skipping BF V as they have not learned any lessons whatsoever.
    DICE games in general will be half working their first year. It is always how it has been. Lack of communication, lies, etc are the norm.

Remember what they are doing here when considering anything with the name DICE and Frostbite Engine associated with it...
  • Piscettios
    4713 posts Member

q9p11w7uq2z1.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Empire_TW
    4109 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »

It is the devs fault. What exactly are they even doing all day??

Going on vacation.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
  • TwinSp1re wrote: »

There are tons of people who can't access the multiplayer aspect of the game at all, we are not talking about a minor graphic bug that looks weird or even something like the game crashing every couple hours, people who bought this product and can't use 90% of it and that is going since weeks.
    Not only hasn't there been a fix but there also is no communication since weeks, you can't expect people to swallow problems like that.
    Plus again the whole Lootbox failure can't be used as a reason for the state of the game forever, they could have made a lot of money had they released more skins, not 2-4 every couple months with some cheap trooper skins in between, no one will use real money if they have huge stacks of credits on hand.
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    I had the server ping site issue and couldn’t get the fix to work as well.

I tried a slightly different method that ended up repairing the issue:
    PS4 Users: I've just had success going to the EA account menu, but instead of picking the pingsite you want, restore to default (triangle). Exit the EA account menu, and back out to your PS4 home screen and into settings > Network > uncheck your connect to the internet box, wait a few seconds, check it back on, and then head back into the BF game. You should get the pop up that you're offline and need to reconnect, do so, and DO NOT go back into the EA account menu.

After this, I found a GA match, and HvV match back to back, full lobbies.

Good luck and may the Force be with you....
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • I haven't played this game since December and no surprise to see its still in a mess :D
  • DarthJ
    5399 posts Member
    I haven't played this game since December and no surprise to see its still in a mess :D

You arent missing much mate :joy:
  • DarthJ
    5399 posts Member
    Han_Spinel wrote: »
    I had the server ping site issue and couldn’t get the fix to work as well.

I tried a slightly different method that ended up repairing the issue:
    PS4 Users: I've just had success going to the EA account menu, but instead of picking the pingsite you want, restore to default (triangle). Exit the EA account menu, and back out to your PS4 home screen and into settings > Network > uncheck your connect to the internet box, wait a few seconds, check it back on, and then head back into the BF game. You should get the pop up that you're offline and need to reconnect, do so, and DO NOT go back into the EA account menu.

After this, I found a GA match, and HvV match back to back, full lobbies.

Good luck and may the Force be with you....

I tried this but still not working sadly. Thanks though