criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Get well, Ben Walke!

Prev1
So, Ben Walke has had a bike accident. I have seen sympathies for him on the forum, but no dedicated thread which I feel is in order. So, Ben Walke, if you are reading this, I and many others hope that you get well soon!
34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
Threads Want
I want...
El-16HFE rof buff
Engineer class
OOM-9
Dual pistols
Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
Umbara
Utapau
Heavy/Light vehicle classes
Dwarf spider droid
Homing Spider Droid
Snail Tank
Saber tank
RO Jedha tank
Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
RO season

Replies

• Royazeee
    244 posts Member
    oh boy..when did that happen?
  • Ben Walke, if you are reading this, I hope that you get well soon!
  • How did you find out. I didn't see anything on his Twitter since he went on vacation except his "Thank you" for his birthday wishes.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Spiito
    1649 posts Member
    What happened?

Han Solo: We're gonna win.
    Qi'ra: It’s not that kind of game, Han. The object is not to win but to stay in it as long as you can.
    9R8CmGh.gif
  • How did you find out. I didn't see anything on his Twitter since he went on vacation except his "Thank you" for his birthday wishes.

Somebody mentioned its in his "my story"
  • I read on Reddit that he was going downhill at 30 mph with his bike and his chain broke. That kind of thing happening can be really dangerous and he was lucky to have received minor injuries.
    Get well soon Ben.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Llunotts
    281 posts Member
    Hope you recover Ben. Best wishes. We need you.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Was going to say I thought he was just on holiday, but jeez, that must have hurt! Get well soon!
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    How did you find out. I didn't see anything on his Twitter since he went on vacation except his "Thank you" for his birthday wishes.

On Instagram
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    Ben,
    I wish you nothing but the best. Get well soon. All your efforts in improving communication with the game have been greatly appreciated. May the force be with you. Always

Steve
  • TK_8721
    59 posts Member
    Get well soon.
  • Get well soon, Ben!
  • Get well, Ben!
  • Being good or bad at his work, no one deserves to be mocked because they got injured. I wish you to get better as soon as possible Ben and then come back refreshed to this battlefront which is this forum for we all to resume our eternal conflict of angry customers against the poor guy that has to endure what's not his fault.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    It’s just a ploy to avoid stating anything about this weekend’s XP failure and the ‘hotfix’ that never dropped. Yikes. What’s next?

Decency at its finest... And he got three likes, lol.

Pathetic.

Its a conspiracy man!

+1 if anyone gets that reference.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• moonalien
    460 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    yea does this mean the radio silence will continue till the end of august now or longer & the hothfix & patch are pushed back even further?...
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    moonalien wrote: »
    yea does this mean the radio silence will continue till the end of august now or longer & the hothfix & patch are pushed back even further?...

No, ben gets off vacation on August 6th. He doesn't need to walk to do his job and his injuries aren't that serious.

And we don't need Ben to deploy a patch or hotfix. Hes just the community manager. I don't even think hes a dev tbh.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Lee1981
    1728 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    How did you find out. I didn't see anything on his Twitter since he went on vacation except his "Thank you" for his birthday wishes.

On Instagram
    Not the same reason I go on Instagram :#

Post edited by Lee1981 on
  • It’s just a ploy to avoid stating anything about this weekend’s XP failure and the ‘hotfix’ that never dropped. Yikes. What’s next?

Decency at its finest... And he got three likes, lol.

Pathetic.

Not our fault you people will fall for anything, thats what I call pathetic.
  • Get well soon Ben.
    #StarWars-y
  • Empire_TW
    5502 posts Member
    I wish him the best, he'll definitely need it once he gets back.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • AzorAhai
    1260 posts Member
    Get good well, man.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    #GitGudWellSoon
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • T0TALfps wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Thank you for all your warmth, I'll be sending the comments through to him. Not the best way to spend a vacation, but he'll live! :smiley:

Much love to you all.

Thank you!
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Get well soon my dude.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • Get well soon!
  • Defbored
    972 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Ben seems like a cool dude. I hope he recovers quickly.

To the people more worried about "radio silence", go outside.
  • stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    Get well soon!
    n4vxhi2qq0j4.gif

• Lee1981
    1728 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    bq54w2d1jh8n.gif
    All the best uncle Ben
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    Get well soon™

If he gets well that soon, he very well may be in comatose for a few months.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Get well soon Ben
  • Best of luck on the recovery, @F8RGE !!
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • Spiito
    1649 posts Member
    Wow, he's lucky that it's not worse, considering!
    Still though, injuries on vacation really suck, takes away from time spent enjoying things to the fullest. I hope Ben feels better and recovers soon.

Han Solo: We're gonna win.
    Qi'ra: It’s not that kind of game, Han. The object is not to win but to stay in it as long as you can.
    9R8CmGh.gif
  • Ben : Sorry to hear about the bad luck. Hope you didn't get too hurt and recover quickly.

• WodiQuix
    4493 posts Member
    Get well soon, Ben! Those speeder bikes can be tricky! ;)
  • WodiQuix wrote: »

A speeder cornered me and got on top of me while I was boba on Endor this afternoon. Sob.

The wound is still fresh.
  • WodiQuix
    4493 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »
    WodiQuix wrote: »

A speeder cornered me and got on top of me while I was boba on Endor this afternoon. Sob.

Oof! That must've hurt! That's probably how Boba Fett got the dent in his helmet!
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    WodiQuix wrote: »

Oof! That must've hurt! That's probably how Boba Fett got the dent in his helmet!

Haha. Yeah. I died. Full health lol.
  • I hope Ben Walke can turn his vacation days to sick days... That way he can get an enjoyable vacation still, just at a later date. Seems only fair, right? Because he earned his vacation days 110%, because regardless of how people think he has done, he has clearly given more than his all to his work. I think everyone can appreciate and agree with that.
    Get well soon!
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season