criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Interested in your thoughts on the absence of 2x multiplier and Palpatine

Honestly, I'm enjoying the absence of 2x multiplier and Palps in GA. I feel like no 2x allows for more infantry-only time before the heroes show up and that's a good thing. I had an odd match the other night on Takodana that opened my eyes to the impact. I like officer on Takodana and use IBC+OP but I don't use BH because racing to the hero isn't my thing. It's not unusual to see Resistance dominate phase 1 but what was unusual was how well I personally was doing. I had over 20 kills plus a few assists and only a couple deaths and finished way ahead of everyone else in the match on points and eliminations. Here's where the revelation came: I didn't get to 6k battle points before the match ended. Not one hero appeared and I recall hearing ATST but never saw them (likely due to a teammate with Ion Torpedo). Getting Rey or Luke out was only going to increase the misery of the overmatched FO team.

Now regarding Palps... I've hated him since launch. I don't play as him, I don't want to play against him, and getting the final blow on him is cause for celebration. I find GA to be much more relaxed without him and am not looking forward to his return. The only comparable hatred I have in this game is the "Losers In Underpriced Vehicles" running people over on Starkiller but at least they don't last long.

Replies

• Devlin21
    8332 posts Member
    2x multiplier is needed back.

Palps is very much missed and needs to come back now.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    Honestly, I'm enjoying the absence of 2x multiplier and Palps in GA. I feel like no 2x allows for more infantry-only time before the heroes show up and that's a good thing. I had an odd match the other night on Takodana that opened my eyes to the impact. I like officer on Takodana and use IBC+OP but I don't use BH because racing to the hero isn't my thing. It's not unusual to see Resistance dominate phase 1 but what was unusual was how well I personally was doing. I had over 20 kills plus a few assists and only a couple deaths and finished way ahead of everyone else in the match on points and eliminations. Here's where the revelation came: I didn't get to 6k battle points before the match ended. Not one hero appeared and I recall hearing ATST but never saw them (likely due to a teammate with Ion Torpedo). Getting Rey or Luke out was only going to increase the misery of the overmatched FO team.

Now regarding Palps... I've hated him since launch. I don't play as him, I don't want to play against him, and getting the final blow on him is cause for celebration. I find GA to be much more relaxed without him and am not looking forward to his return. The only comparable hatred I have in this game is the "Losers In Underpriced Vehicles" running people over on Starkiller but at least they don't last long.

I give props to those guys who get a ton of kills in those annoying floating boats on starkiller. They're hard to drive and really easy to take down.
    If you can get 20+ plus kills with one, hats off.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »

I give props to those guys who get a ton of kills in those annoying floating boats on starkiller. They're hard to drive and really easy to take down.
    If you can get 20+ plus kills with one, hats off.
    I'd respect people who could get that amount of kills with them if they didn't OHK people with minimal effort. It's so annoying when you see people just driving around in them to get as many kills and points as possible, because it's such a cheap tactic.
    I'm fine with the removal of the 2x multiplier - means people are more likely to play the objective (no fear of losing multiplier) and you don't get heroes crushing people in the first phase, which is also good.
    I understand why they removed Palpatine temporarily, but he will (obviously) be back soon. Hopefully it means he'll actually be a bit more balanced, because I have noticed recently that some players will basically just sit close to the Light Side spawn and destroy anyone coming out, which is rather annoying.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • I hear all the points but I personally miss the multiplier.

Why?

Because of team balance issues. Dice is unlikely to create a matchmaking system that is fair.

Since You’re rarely on a balanced team. If you’re the only good player, getting a hero early can give you a fighting chance to turn the tide.

If you want infantry only maps, play Blast or strike. Hero gameplay is the reason why a big game mode like GA exists.

Why?

Because of team balance issues. Dice is unlikely to create a matchmaking system that is fair.

Since You’re rarely on a balanced team. If you’re the only good player, getting a hero early can give you a fighting chance to turn the tide.

If you want infantry only maps, play Blast or strike. Hero gameplay is the reason why a big game mode like GA exists.

The issue isn't wanting an infantry only mode, kiddo. It's the fact there's less Officer spam guaranteeing a hero in Phase 1 and steamrolling the rest of the game because that team got the heroes 1st and the other couldn't get enough points anymore to get one to counter them.
  • i miss the multiplier when you go on a killing spree and only end up with like 1800 points its kind of a bummer, however i would like to see the 2x multiplier come back with an adjustment to the previous process. Would like it to be a bit harder to obtain than before which would really bonus those who are tearing it up on the Battlefront.

Why?

You are right about a hero or villain turning the tide of a game but this game still needs a large map infantry only mode like SWBF 15 had. GA is a little bit of everything, troopers, armor, speeders, starfighters, reinforcements, not just heroes. If you want only heroes vs villains modes then play those. See how that works?
    Back to the topic.
    The sooner Palpatine is back the better. That is going to be one hell of an unlimited power apology crate. I’d like to see the working multiplier return.
  • TjPunx
    1599 posts Member
    Hate it
  • No multiplier is fine, less competition to get those ~2min heroes now. No palps is pretty woeful however, Bossk domination now will have to do

Why?

The issue isn't wanting an infantry only mode, kiddo. It's the fact there's less Officer spam guaranteeing a hero in Phase 1 and steamrolling the rest of the game because that team got the heroes 1st and the other couldn't get enough points anymore to get one to counter them.

That’s again a team balance issue and not a point multiplier one. Either way, an unbalanced team is going to steamroll the other less skilled team. The acquisition of a hero can help turn the tide.

officer spam happens due to the officers presence star card, not the point multiplier. The absence of the multiplier does not prevent people from still using that load out.

It makes sense for the game to reward you with making 1 life count as opposed to feeding the other team easy kills. Again, being the singular skilled player on a team, and acquiring a hero can facilitate a more even match one way or another.
  • Spiito
    1984 posts Member
    Most of my stuff is level capped, 'cept for ships and vehicles. So since I don't need to grind during the double exp event which isn't on; I don't have to play as ships an vehicles. (It's a miracle.) I'm just playing Strike and HvV for funzies occasionally. (When I'm not paying swbf15's Cargo.)

Palps being gone is no big deal to me. It just means I don't have to worry about static electricity messing up Lando's perfect hair. If Palpy were to come back much later with a saber or two, I'd probably take more interest in using him. Since a Clone Wars season is on the way, it'd make sense to give him his Darth Sidious equipment during that time. Probably too much work though.
    latest?cb=20130314162648
    Wknuto!

Why?

You are right about a hero or villain turning the tide of a game but this game still needs a large map infantry only mode like SWBF 15 had. GA is a little bit of everything, troopers, armor, speeders, starfighters, reinforcements, not just heroes. If you want only heroes vs villains modes then play those. See how that works?
    Back to the topic.
    The sooner Palpatine is back the better. That is going to be one **** of an unlimited power apology crate. I’d like to see the working multiplier return.

In that line of thought, there should be lots of apology crates. Bonus XP scew up, Palpatine screw up, 2x multiplier screw up, matchmaking issues screw up, etc...
  • I don't think I miss Palpatine one bit.

But I hate how the 2x multiplier is gone, it takes way to long to get a hero now.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Kerle
    427 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    If you enjoy it, thats cool. If you like the more infantry based gameplay, also cool.

But thats just not how its supposed to be. This is how this game is sold.

"call in YOUR hero in the right moment and change the tide" without the multiplier, there are two things missing out:
    1. the possibility for bad / new players to actual get their hands on a hero. It is a casual game (thats just a fact you have to deal with) and people with lacking skill should get their chances too. Otherwise you will just turn off a big feature for the overall casual players this game is marketed at.

2. Absolutely no reward for playing the objective / skillful play / killstreaks.
    Some days ago I had an awesome round on Hoth, firing the Ion Disruptor five times in a row while fighting of four or five imperials on my own. Only got ~5000 points for that achievement, even though the walker suffered almost 50% damage through my objective play. That was an awesome, objective based streak I had there and for that 5k BP is a joke.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.

Why?

Back to the topic.
    The sooner Palpatine is back the better. That is going to be one **** of an unlimited power apology crate. I’d like to see the working multiplier return.

An infantry only GA mode is an intriguing concept but I’m not asking for a hero only mode. HVV is not a mode that depends on battlepoints. You only get battlepoints to generate experience to level up the hero’s.

In GA battlepoints spent wisely can help you win. Since team balancing is not feasible, fair GA matches come from both teams having equal battle points to spend on a reinforcement that can help you win like all those units you mentioned, which includes hero’s.

In a mode dependent on that currency, having no combat multiplier reduces the supply of battlepoints. Therefore everything becomes more expensive.

People seem to dislike the multiplier because of players exploiting the officer. That happens regardless of the multiplier. In fact it happens more since battlepoints are harder to come by. Since staying alive means nothing for your points it encourages people desperate for points to use the officer more.

But I’m glad we both like Palpatine and want the multiplier back! He’s the only villain that can crowd control the wookie baracades buffed by yoda or Finn!
  • bfloo
    16056 posts Member
    I don't care about the 2x multiplier, I can still get a hero in about the same amount of time.

I miss fighting against Palps in HvV, figuring out how to consistenlty beat him with Yoda (2 or 3/5) was all I had left to work on.
    I think I was beating Palps consistently with Luke because of the point blank range glitch
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Why?

That’s again a team balance issue and not a point multiplier one. Either way, an unbalanced team is going to steamroll the other less skilled team. The acquisition of a hero can help turn the tide.

officer spam happens due to the officers presence star card, not the point multiplier. The absence of the multiplier does not prevent people from still using that load out.

It makes sense for the game to reward you with making 1 life count as opposed to feeding the other team easy kills. Again, being the singular skilled player on a team, and acquiring a hero can facilitate a more even match one way or another.

You are aware the point multiplier gives more points, right? It doesn't give double the points now, which makes it take longer to get a hero. Should I explain it in simpler terms? Because it should've been pathetically obvious what the point was LAST time.
  • bfloo
    16056 posts Member
    I hear all the points but I personally miss the multiplier.

Why?

You are aware the point multiplier gives more points, right? It doesn't give double the points now, which makes it take longer to get a hero. Should I explain it in simpler terms? Because it should've been pathetically obvious what the point was LAST time.

He's right, both teams can use the same officer exploit to get the heroes out at the same point in a match. All the multiplier does is cut a lil time off how long it takes them to do it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I think it is really disappointing. But I can live without it.
    What I really want is Palps, bug-fixes, and more content.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • stevenomes
    4681 posts Member
    it's been too long. palps was switched off with the last patch and I believe the multiplier issue was around even before that. so far we have no info about when to expect either back. I'd imagine pops will be back with the next patch but I wonder when that will be. was supposed to be a hot fix but now its been almost a month since it was announced as being in the works. they'll likely add both of these things to the roadmap for August to make it seem like there is more coming.

Why?

Sorry we aren’t speaking the same language. You don’t understand my point even though you chose to respond to it.

I want the multiplier back in the game because from what I’ve seen, the multiplier is a fair mechanism in GA. In other game modes Battlepoints are not as important.

You seem concerned about players exploiting the multiplier. That is a valid concern. However there is less point exploitation happening and more of an unbalanced matchmaking system.

You will never prevent an elite team from beating you if your team is bad in any game mode. But in a game mode where battle points are the currency that helps you win, having more battle points to go around increases the odds for fairness.

We both want things fair. Whatever way that happens in GA is what I’m trying to articulate.