criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

8 heroes at a time on GA...

A_C0NFU53D_SH03
581 posts Member
edited July 2018
Are you guys insane? That's way too much especially sense the last phases are smaller. On the last phase of Naboo people are getting stunned and flying everywhere from force attacks. I didn't buy this game to be in a laser volleyball party.

Replies

• I’m fine with it I enjoy it quite a bit
  • Defbored wrote: »
    It's only the last phase and it's awesome.
    If you didn't buy this game for the hero emersion then I don't know what to tell you.

I love heroes...But 8 is overkill...especially in such a small setting
    I love farming 40k BP and spawning in heroes back to back in the final phase, it's truely awesome
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Defbored
    972 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »
    If you didn't buy this game for the hero emersion then I don't know what to tell you.

The games don't always even make it to the last phase. So it's something that only happens for a short period of time, and it is also something that doesn't happen every game.
  • I thought more people were against it than this...I guess the consensus is space laser volleyball
  • Like my professional development teacher once said...everyone likes their own pizza
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    The 5 wookiee warriors are worse.

I never paid attention, is it really 5 enforcers? How many aerials are allowed? It sounds like regular troops are actually outnumbered.
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

I never paid attention, is it really 5 enforcers? How many aerials are allowed? It sounds like regular troops are actually outnumbered.

Its tied to the enforcer limit.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Im not a fan of the last phases primarily because of this but it’s good to give everyone the chance to play heros and change the gameplay up.
  • I have the same complaint OP. The real problem is how easy heroes are to get, IMO. It’d be one thing if you could actually exhaust a team’s supply of battle points with superior play, but you can’t.

Most players have enough BPs for at least one if not two heroes by last phase, so there are potentially thirty-plus heroes waiting in the wings. You kill one hero, another immediately pops up in his place, meaning there are always four.
  • Empire_TW
    5572 posts Member

It's 5 but given how little use aerials have and how WWs literally decide the outcome of the battle by themselves any competent team will have 5 of these abominations and cheese their way to victory.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    I hate it, haven't played GA in months because of the ridiculous hero spam at the end. (Though I've heard that with the 2x BP boost being broken or removed, it's not as bad lately.) I'm definitely not a fan of heroes in general.

I absolutely didn't buy this game for the heroes. I wanted Star Wars Battlefront, not Star Wars Overwatch.

I bought this game for the same reason I bought all the other Battlefront games -- infantry battles in the Star Wars universe. Until EA got their hands on the title a couple years ago, heroes were never really much of a big deal in Battlefront. They were sort of the cherry on top of the cake. But now more and more, EA is trying to give us a cake made of cherries. If I wanted cherries, I'd just go and buy a bag of cherries.

If any other game company had gotten hold of the license they would've put a big emphasis on heroes as well.

You have....absolutely.....no way of confirming such a statement.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Agreed with OP. Heroes are ridiculous. There needs to be way less of them allowed at once on the battlefield. It’s exactly why I stay away from GA these days... too many magical force powers for a trooper like me.

I’ve actually started to play Counter Strike again... still a good game after all these years :heart: and no special Rambo or Terminator heroes ruining the FPS skilled fun
  • Guys, you might want to remember that after the CW Season, there will be TEN HEROES PER SIDE in GA. That is HALF of the number of players on each team!
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Guys, you might want to remember that after the CW Season, there will be TEN HEROES PER SIDE in GA. That is HALF of the number of players on each team!

So if you’re complaining about it now, it is only going to get worse. If you never get to play heroes in GA but are always so close to getting the last one, you should rejoice.

• Empire_TW
    5572 posts Member
    Guys, you might want to remember that after the CW Season, there will be TEN HEROES PER SIDE in GA. That is HALF of the number of players on each team!

A team can only have 2 heroes at a time prior to the last phase, it goes to 4 on the final phase but no more then that.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Guys, you might want to remember that after the CW Season, there will be TEN HEROES PER SIDE in GA. That is HALF of the number of players on each team!

A team can only have 2 heroes at a time prior to the last phase, it goes to 4 on the final phase but no more then that.

I didn’t know there was a limit. Thanks for the info.

• guys, don't pretend that every single game you play makes it to the last stage. id say, like, half of the games get there.

and comparing this game to overwatch? come on, man. not even close. we can split hairs all day about it... but overwatch? dude....
  • I don't mind actually, makes things seem very chaotic in the end.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • More hero's for What? 4 is fine imagine kamino last phase that's a nightmare or takodana, endor. Kashykk might work but then again no cause the defending team prolly has enough points to keep 8 hero's on the battlefront defending the last objective. It's fine where it's at.
  • More hero's for What? 4 is fine imagine kamino last phase that's a nightmare or takodana, endor. Kashykk might work but then again no cause the defending team prolly has enough points to keep 8 hero's on the battlefront defending the last objective. It's fine where it's at.

Once these new heroes come out. I wouldn’t mind having:
    Phase 1: max 2 heroes
    Phase 2: max 3 heroes
    Phase 3: max 4 heroes (or maybe even 5)

• If Conquest is really big, maybe all heroes will be available to play at once.

• Midichlorian
    1409 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    cheese their way to victory.
    cvr7sbatjn2u.jpg
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • If Conquest is really big, maybe all heroes will be available to play at once.

Good grief man just play Heroes vs Villains.
  • No it's fine where it's at. 4 hero's is good you want more hope for a hero deathmatch
  • I believe this is one of the drawing points of this game. Without the heroes, we would be looking at a bland and very average fps game here.
  • Empire_TW
    5572 posts Member
    cheese their way to victory.
    cvr7sbatjn2u.jpg

Depends on what you mean by "works"

works as in getting the victory, well yes.

Works in the context of good game design? I don't think so, this WW situation is probably the worst balancing I've ever seen in gaming.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    As an infantry player who doesn't really play Heroes that often - I'm fine with it. I think some objectives would be hard to push into without at least two heroes, and since the BP multiplier isn't working I think the situations actually got better - OK, the phase might start with four, but it fairly quickly goes down to two or three and hovers around there. Ok, maybe four seems a little overkill on certain maps - Endor, for example,as there's only one objective rather than two or three, but then it's a large 'stand to capture' one.
    As long as the four stays in the final phase, and it's a max of two in the others, I'm fine with it. The final phase tends to be over a larger area, anyway - I'm not sure hat you're talking about there, apart from Naboo.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • I believe this is one of the drawing points of this game. Without the heroes, we would be looking at a bland and very average fps game here.

It isn’t the heroes, again, bf15 did it right and it worked well, it’s the number of heroes, the bp system, and the way they’re implemented in the game that’s the problem imo.
  • Hey dont like all the heros in the last phase, go play blast or strike!
  • Hey dont like all the heros in the last phase, go play blast or strike!

Hey don't like the shooting part of the game then go play HvV.

It isn’t the heroes, again, bf15 did it right and it worked well, it’s the number of heroes, the bp system, and the way they’re implemented in the game that’s the problem imo.

Haha what? Those floating tokens were the right way to do it? Hell no haha.
    At least now, instead of relying on knowing where the tokens will be you have to earn the heros. Good players should be rewarded.
  • rollind24
    5236 posts Member
    I believe this is one of the drawing points of this game. Without the heroes, we would be looking at a bland and very average fps game here.

Haha what? Those floating tokens were the right way to do it? **** no haha.
    At least now, instead of relying on knowing where the tokens will be you have to earn the heros. Good players should be rewarded.

Tokens, BPs doesn’t matter to me. If they’d just create a large mode for the people that like the FPS aspect of the Battlefront franchise they could put 8 hero’s a side in GA and I wouldn’t care
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • hsf_
    1700 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Having heroes in this game mode at all was just stupid.

• Kerle
    427 posts Member

Due to the small setting, they should die fast. Unless its a really good Bossk, Yoda, Finn or Vader they usually die in the bonfire of grenades and imploders.

"Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Having heroes in this game mode at all was just ****.

Nope.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    Hey dont like all the heros in the last phase, go play blast or strike!

Hey don't like the shooting part of the game then go play HvV.

Don't like the heroes, go play blast?

• il96
    453 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    the last phases are the best! Nothing like a good stalemate that ends with only one hero left cause everyone is out of BPs
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • The_Sith_Apprentice
    2147 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    If Conquest is really big, maybe all heroes will be available to play at once.

I do. I am just saying that if they only allow 4 heroes in the final phase of GA, then maybe in a larger Conquest mode they will allow more.
    Post edited by The_Sith_Apprentice on

• Salacious_Me_1138
    1869 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm out.
    Post edited by Salacious_Me_1138 on
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    If Conquest is really big, maybe all heroes will be available to play at once.

I do. I am just saying thag if they only allow 4 heroes in the final phase of GA, then maybe in a larger Conquest mode they will allow more.
    Nah I think it might be 6 per team at any time. Any more than that, even on a team of 32, I think would be a bit much really.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF