criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

So are we getting trooper skins tomorrow?

Abuuru
421 posts Member
or whats the deal?

Replies

• Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    Whenever the patch comes.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Llunotts
    281 posts Member
    99% No
  • My guess is probably at least 1-2 weeks. They typically announce it first, and seeing there'll be a patch that has to go through certification which takes time as well.
  • massika
    230 posts Member
    A lot of skins yes
  • meshugene89
    3453 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    No. Like, 100% no. Next week at the earliest, 4 weeks at the latest. My own personal guess, 2 or 3 weeks from now, and that's me being my most optimisitic. Just make sure you're prepared for more disappointment and don't get your hopes up even slightly.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    why on earth would anyone think its tomorrow? when they give a month its always the very last second of the month. at 5pm on the last business day of August they will announce trooper customization has been delayed and will be coming in September.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Going off previous patches, an end of the month release seems more likely.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    why on earth would anyone think its tomorrow? when they give a month its always the very last second of the month. at 5pm on the last business day of August they will announce trooper customization has been delayed and will be coming in September.

Fully prepared to see a lot of Reddit posts along the lines of "It's 00:01 on August 1st. Where's our clone skin update?", and "It's now officially August and there's no update. DICE lied to us. This game is officially dead." Reddit's a pretty awful place.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • When everyone knows that they are already made a long time ago

sjn2dgwui006.png

And they will give them to us in parts XD

1bfioawlu399.png
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    When everyone knows that they are already made a long time ago

sjn2dgwui006.png

normally with other games I would agree but I honestly think it's not the case with this game. so few resources available and the b-team working on them it's just not going to happen quickly. I really think it's still in development
  • Whenever the patch comes.

Dang. I just realized they will be bringing in skins in the next update! I am now super excited (Cautiously optimistic).
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I'm guessing not until 8/7, which is the Tuesday after Ben gets back from vacation.
  • When everyone knows that they are already made a long time ago

sjn2dgwui006.png

I don't mind. As long as it isn't a ton of skins for one class, and then they leave the others to different months. I want it to be a few skins for each class.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • deadbydawn wrote: »
    I'm guessing not until 8/7, which is the Tuesday after Ben gets back from vacation.

My birthday!
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member

sjn2dgwui006.png

We don’t know what the skins are yet.
  • Evazan127 wrote: »

sjn2dgwui006.png

We don’t know what the skins are yet.

If they are this, I'm sure you'll take that back. Besides, it's understandable why people are thinking this given both the track record and the current state of affairs.
    My Concepts
  • Who knows...they may come out at the end of the month and say there were unseen complications in implementing the new skins and it will be delayed along with EVERY THING ELSE.
  • When they say August, they mean 11:59 pm August 30th.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • I don't know why, but I'm feeling it for the 7th or 8th of August.
  • Normally I'd agree it'll be the end of the month, but the July update came out like, the first week and thoroughly surprised me. So we will see.
    PRIORITY LISTS
    HEROES:
    Commander Cody - the Empire has Iden, the First Order has Phasma. Give us a soldier-based hero for the Republic!
    GA MAPS
    Utapau
    Mygeeto
  • Honestly, my thoughts?

SS2398052.jpg?d63642092519
  • Alex64
    7468 posts Member
    No
    ____
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Announcement next week.
    Set to come out the week after.
    Delayed one week.
    Aug. 23rd is my guess.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    It'll be when I'm away, won't it, which is August 6-22. I'd guess it'll be in those middle weeks.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    It'll be when I'm away, won't it, which is August 6-22. I'd guess it'll be in those middle weeks.

Lucky you.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Versatti
    2089 posts Member
    *waves hand*

This isn’t the content you’re looking for...
  • DrX2345 wrote: »

You are one very unlucky and unfortunate person, 'cause the patch is coming the 7th of August. =/
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    DrX2345 wrote: »

You are one very unlucky and unfortunate person, 'cause the patch is coming the 7th of August. =/
    The skins are not coming in this patch

They are coming SOON after
  • Lee1981 wrote: »

The skins are not coming in this patch

They are coming SOON after

I know, I just didn't bother to update since I said elsewhere. Likely they'll be released before the 26th though, when DrX is back.
  • deadbydawn wrote: »
    I'm guessing not until 8/7, which is the Tuesday after Ben gets back from vacation.

I'm beginnging to wonder if dice BF2 isn't on vacation year round as I see little difference between vacation dice and none vacation dice.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member

Ah it's not really a big deal, so what I miss some new skins and Palpatine coming back. Or is there something bigger? I'll go check.
    (Btw guys, I just noticed the close proximity of the 'n' key to the 'b'... Very nearly wrote something other than 'bigger' there... Phew)

Imagine it

If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    the return of our lord emperor will be a celebratory event (provided he actually works)
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    the return of our lord emperor will be a celebratory event (provided he actually works)
    You'd kind of hope he would lol

Imagine it

#COOMCAIBDJF
  • nothing is out of the question with this game. its possible they bring him back, something else breaks and hes more OP than before. they would have to kill switch him again. I dont know what to expect at all. anything goes with this game
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    nothing is out of the question with this game. its possible they bring him back, something else breaks and hes more OP than before. they would have to kill switch him again. I dont know what to expect at all. anything goes with this game
    Hopefully they'll have stripped him down (not, like, literally... Ugh) and fixed the various bugs connected to him which made him every now and then have unlimited power. Then changed his values so they're all fairly balanced. I wouldn't be surprised if there was another patch just to tweak some values if he's a little too good/not very good, but if it's within an acceptable range they'll probably leave balancing until the actual August update. Actually they probably would anyway unless he was bugged again or something.

Imagine it

#COOMCAIBDJF
  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    nothing is out of the question with this game. its possible they bring him back, something else breaks and hes more OP than before. they would have to kill switch him again. I dont know what to expect at all. anything goes with this game
    Hopefully they'll have stripped him down (not, like, literally... Ugh) and fixed the various bugs connected to him which made him every now and then have unlimited power. Then changed his values so they're all fairly balanced. I wouldn't be surprised if there was another patch just to tweak some values if he's a little too good/not very good, but if it's within an acceptable range they'll probably leave balancing until the actual August update. Actually they probably would anyway unless he was bugged again or something.

The bugs made him op.
    In may before the hotfix that broke him he was balanced.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• nothing new is coming tomorrow. I don't wake up any day expecting something new from the game.
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member

They're putting Trump in the game??
  • mastery0ta
    6140 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    ^^^^ DICE may have trouble finding enough orange color. LOL I'd rather have sheev Tbh