criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Update - The Return of Palpatine and Ewok Hunt

Prev13
EA_Tom
326 posts EA Community Manager
edited August 2018
Hi all,

We're looking at an August 7 release for the aforementioned patch in which Palpatine and Ewok Hunt will make their return. Full release notes will follow closer to that date.

The next full game update is targeted for a later time.

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for sticking with us!
Post edited by EA_Tom on

Replies

• So no hotfix?

No hotfix, no. I'm hoping, but not too sure, this means the content update is going to contain the fixes the hotfix was supposed to achieve.
  • Versatti
    2087 posts Member
    He’s been partying at his Naboo Retreat.
  • DEW IT
  • Is this patch the same that will contain the clone skins?
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    Hi all,

We're looking at an August 7 release for the aforementioned patch in which Palpatine and Ewok Hunt will make their return. Full release notes will follow closer to that date.

Thanks! Can't wait for the fixes. Hopefully next time "hotfixes" will be hotfixes and not bug patches next time! :smile:
    Knappen
  • r88a3n7f3pbb.gif
    That all will be fixed
  • great, more bugs incoming...

oh yes i miss Palpy Wall hack powers.. hope this will be back

:D
  • great, more bugs incoming...

Why does everyone seem to think that was a bug? It was confirmed way back that it was intentional that Palpatine's powers would go through walls, but they eventually toned it down because it turned out more powerful than expected.
  • Are clone skins the full game update mentioned?
  • Legitimate question not just bashing. Why is your team incapable of releasing things in your absence? You can't be the only one with administrative authority working on this game, or can you be? Can we expect no communication, no updates and delayed hotfixes everytime you take a vacation?
    Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    great, more bugs incoming...

Why does everyone seem to think that was a bug? It was confirmed way back that it was intentional that Palpatine's powers would go through walls, but they eventually toned it down because it turned out more powerful than expected.

This is true. I could of told them from 30 minutes of testing it that it would be far to powerful and unbalanced. Among several other things that are currently in the game.

Legit question
    Are the server and 1066 error problems getting solved
    Or whats the point
    Don't feed me candy I'm not a child
  • EA_Tom
    326 posts EA Community Manager
    Are clone skins the full game update mentioned?
    Is this patch the same that will contain the clone skins?

Those are planned for the next full game update, so you won't see them in the August 7 patch. Stay tuned for more details.
  • So no fix for a large chunk of the player base to actually be able to play the game
    nrk2i32fi9r3.gif
  • after a month
    vp5mrloc8rmu.gif
  • So hopefully this next patch won't have a plethora of bugs on top of the already existing bugs.

Right?... because touching Palpatine in the past has always worked out as they intended.
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
  • Defbored
    1434 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    Hi all,

FIX THE PING PROBLEM

that's all we care about

and i can't stick with you if I
    CANNOT PLAY THIS GAME DUE TO YOUR INCOMPETENCE
    Why you gotta be a d*** and take shots are them like that? What do you know about game development? If you're so much more competent then release you're own bug free big budget game.

Grow up, dude. It's just a video game. If you're so upset you have to start taking shots at people you need to put the controller down and chill out.

He is right, where does putting Palps back in get people that can't play the game.

That is as game breaking as you can get.

He is not right. Calling people incompetent when you have absolutely zero knowledge on the issue is uncalled for.
  • Soon Palpatine will reveal himself to the community again. Soon he will have his revenge.
  • Is the Naboo N1 Fighter still scheduled to make an appearance in Hero Starfighters in one of these patches?

The starship has such a beautiful design and the cockpit interior looks absolutely incredible.

Being able to fly the ship other than on the first phase of Naboo GA is a must!

I was initially a little disappointed when the game released that the ship hasn't as of yet made an appearance into a Starfighter Assault map, hopefully it will in future.

Thank you for the update, much appreciated.
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I've removed some posts, let's please be respectful everyone!
  • il96
    570 posts Member
    F03hammer wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    Hi all,

We're looking at an August 7 release for the next patch in which Palpatine will make his return. Full release notes will follow closer to that date.

2b5fed.gif

Palp Red Robes Confirmed!
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • DarthJ
    6561 posts Member
    Sumptiz sends his regards
    o2thnydt2c15.gif

Love it!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    Is the Naboo N1 Fighter still scheduled to make an appearance in Hero Starfighters in one of these patches?

The starship has such a beautiful design and the cockpit interior looks absolutely incredible.

Being able to fly the ship other than on the first phase of Naboo GA is a must!

I was initially a little disappointed when the game released that the ship hasn't as of yet made an appearance into a Starfighter Assault map, hopefully it will in future.

Thank you for the update, much appreciated.

I hope not. I dont want this thing there. I love the N-1, its part of my childhood, but the Y-Wings and Tri-Fighters are already the best hero ships. The N-1 is almost agile as interceptors, with an incredibly strong overload.

Furthermore,

DICE... you have failed me. First, I see the SWTOR Update delayed from July 31st to August 7th, now thats the day you decide to fix your other Star Wars game and make playable again, with new content being even further away?

There are just three games Im currently interested in and somehow Hello Games is more responsible than DICE.
    I guess thats the price you pay for being successful.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    I've removed some posts, let's please be respectful everyone!

The good thing is that EA games respect their customers because they would not exist without them.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Sumptiz sends his regards
    o2thnydt2c15.gif

Dennis sends his.

htxj1ssjc2m2.gif
    :D :D :D
    This just made my day.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Dennis Lannister sends his regards
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I have waited a long time for this moment, my little green friend.
    @Knappen5 I guess
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Now I have til August 7th to get Rey to lvl 40. Once Palps is back I fear that HvV will turn into a dark-side steamroll fest.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • Looking forward to the return of Ewok Hunt though! Will Extraction remain in the game or be sent into the rotation when Ewok Hunt returns? Or will Jetpack Cargo be sent into rotation?

• Looking forward to the return of Ewok Hunt though! Will Extraction remain in the game or be sent into the rotation when Ewok Hunt returns? Or will Jetpack Cargo be sent into rotation?

Jetpack will be going back into rotation. It was supposed to have left earlier, but Ewok Hunt had an issue, so they just left JPC in rotation until they could fix it.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Jetpack will be going back into rotation. It was supposed to have left earlier, but Ewok Hunt had an issue, so they just left JPC in rotation until they could fix it.

Ok. Thanks! Extraction is a great game mode.

• does jetpack cargo actually work? I tried it a week ago and it never found enough players for a game. all other modes work fine. I assume no one plays the mode
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    does jetpack cargo actually work? I tried it a week ago and it never found enough players for a game. all other modes work fine. I assume no one plays the mode

I haven't been able to find a single group. No one is really motivated to play it. That is why I said game modes like that need a higher credit payout, so that more people are willing to play them.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • bette to just remove it, replace with ewok hunt, and dont look back. Dont look back Anakin.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    does jetpack cargo actually work? I tried it a week ago and it never found enough players for a game. all other modes work fine. I assume no one plays the mode

I only played it once or twice and got over it pretty quickly. If you were able to gain XP for the Aerial class I would have played it much more often.
  • Zirius
    271 posts Member
    Anything about matchmaking?
  • Although I appreciate the Palp fix and all that...the #1 issue in all the chatter about this game at the moment is just how difficult it is to get a game at the moment. Whether it's just the ping site or server issues or weird matchmaking parameters or whatever, it needs to be the #1 priority of the team to fix this. If players can't get into a game, they're not playing, period. And reintroducing Ewok hunt isn't going to fix this. I know there are some workarounds, but not everyone knows about them, as there is nothing in-game to inform players what to do. I mean, a little message on the homescreen "Having trouble getting into a game? Try this..." would go a long way.
  • relleuM
    178 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »

I haven't been able to find a single group. No one is really motivated to play it. That is why I said game modes like that need a higher credit payout, so that more people are willing to play them.

I’d play if it gave exp to aerial. I really am not that much of a fan of JPC though.