criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Iden Versio Pulse cannon too weak in HvsV

Make it better to use fast and more powerful. In HvsV mode this cannon is too weak even on long ranges it isnt really useful!
Priority list:

1. Fix Split Screen bugs and the rest
2. Reduce bright Saber glows especially on Yodas head
3. 41st Scout clone trooper
4. Max out Arcade maps Combat area
5. First Person only mode

Replies

• Llunotts
    281 posts Member
    I dont agree, I got a headshot to Han Solo and he died. Its tricky to use it, sure you can practise it on Campaign or Arcade, but if you get used to it is deadly.
  • Llunotts wrote: »
    I dont agree, I got a headshot to Han Solo and he died. Its tricky to use it, sure you can practise it on Campaign or Arcade, but if you get used to it is deadly.

The charging doesnt always work and it all takes too long to even use it decently. The zooming is wierd its not ''zoomed in'' its like youre eyes are literally moved to a distance... so when you walk side to side its wierd makes aiming even more harder. And in general the damage for HvsV is not that much. Its not too low but it can be a little more powerful.

And if somebody is a pro tryhard like you maybe it doesnt mean the feedback is unnecessary etc because theres a player that is a pro with the Pulse cannon!
    Priority list:

• I 4 shotted a full health Han. No need.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season

Just because you did something like a pro doesnt mean that happens a lot or everytime. The pulse cannon is a bit weak and the charging and overall use is lets say not very agile
    Priority list:

Just because you did something like a pro doesnt mean that happens a lot or everytime. The pulse cannon is a bit weak and the charging and overall use is lets say not very agile

Worked multiple times. Even cover fire for your team helps. Don't even fully charge it, they know to be scarped if you are goid. Which they do not know if you are. So you can pin em down.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • cannon is hard to utilize in a lot of situations. Though it is really powerful it isn't the cannon itself needs change but the star card. I would have loved it if that cannon was changeable like in story mode or at least a 4th ability that is. Rocket Barrage, Rocket Launcher, Turret... she should also be a neutral character with more outfits since she's the main star of this title.
  • willywonka7
    1342 posts Member
    I wish Dice would fix the scoped in aiming of the pulse cannon more than anything. The scoped cross hair is awful and distracting, also in third person when you scope into gun, the gun seems to shot off target still or like off from a different angle still even though your looking down the barrel of the gun, it's weird.
  • The scope charge time should be slightly slower than Bossk's, and it needs dual-zoom ability. It's zoomed in way too much by default and is hard to use because of all the visual clutter. Clean it up, make the indicator like Bossk's and it would be fine.

Or just make it overheat like a regular trooper's sniper (3-4 shots before overheat) and let it have a normal rate of fire, similar to the NT-242.
  • The pulse cannon is worthless, nt242 easier to use and more effective, too much zoom and crosshair is absurd. Just make it like pulse cannon in battlefront 1.
  • It's clunky to use and aiming feels odd, but it's not weak if you land fully charged shots.

I'd like to see a faster charge time and different scope layout, but know that won't happen.
  • It has had a bug for quite some time. The rapid fire continuous shooting doesn't always work properly for the cannon.

The way you are suppose to use it now is that you are suppose to be able to rapid fire shots off compared to when Iden was first introduced into the game her cannon was more powerful, but also slower at firing. When dice first decreased the strength to balance the increased rapid it worked splendidly.

Now with all the updates and game issues the cannon is as buggy as luke's and yoda's force pushes. You can somtimes get three shots off pretty quickly, sometimes 2 , othertimes you cannot even get one off because it locks up and stops working.....just like so many other abilities in the game. If they fixed the rapid fire again the gun would be more useful.

I still agree with other people on here though that the aimer sucks and the firing/aiming when scoped in is really off still.

DICE please do a deep dive into all the hero bug problems. It's really holding the game back.