criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

The Impavid

JackTHorn
3634 posts Member
edited July 2018
Back in 2005 or 2006, I had writeups for tons of different maps I hoped to make with mod tools, or hoped someone could make. I never got very good at modding, and the ideas were largely based on the Pandemic BFII context (troopers made specifically for the map, one hero and villain at a time, etc). But I still like the idea of many of them. Thought I'd post a few as a pure "How cool would this be?" sort of thing.

So, here is the Impavid:

I figure it'd be a ground map that takes place on the hull of a Droid ship, with the burning wreckage of the Venator Impavid hanging in space above it. There would be hull breeches in some places that allow access to the interior. Default map skins would be variations on the Jump Troopers led by Saesee Tiin. Three phases of Galactic Assault, push into the interior, disable the cannons, take over the bridge. I think it'd be awesome.

Thoughts?

Replies

• JackTHorn
    3634 posts Member
    Well, I thought it would be cool. =)
  • It sounds really cool, and very immersive. I hope that one day we can have a mode called "Missions" that allowed online groups of people to play missions together on random maps. Like something I saw the other day of a few Wookiees and Clone troopers fighting off a hoard of enemies on Kashyyyk. It would be a really cool game mode, that I know fans of immersion would like. But the heroes provided by the Missions should be randomly chosen. It could be really fun. You could also have a mission on Coruscant in the Jedi temple, of a potential Jedi reinforcement class vs the 501st. Ewok Hunt could be part of those missions.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Love it!!!
    Psn: Jello770
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    It sounds really cool, and very immersive. I hope that one day we can have a mode called "Missions" that allowed online groups of people to play missions together on random maps. Like something I saw the other day of a few Wookiees and Clone troopers fighting off a hoard of enemies on Kashyyyk. It would be a really cool game mode, that I know fans of immersion would like. But the heroes provided by the Missions should be randomly chosen. It could be really fun. You could also have a mission on Coruscant in the Jedi temple, of a potential Jedi reinforcement class vs the 501st. Ewok Hunt could be part of those missions.
    Depending on how many players this would include, I had an idea a while back for something similar. I think I called it Operations (but obviously there's a tab called that now, so...). Anyway, it was sort of a variation of the Survival missions from 2015. A squad of four/six/eight players gets left behind/dropped behind enemy lines/dropped to do a stealth mission. They can choose from some classes - maybe the base infantry classes, maybe reinforcements or new mode specific classes, idk. They then have to survive for a certain amount of waves, if you die you are out for the rest of that wave, and they can/must complete other objectives as well. Maybe they have to activate an uplink, place charges on a pipeline, take out an enemy leader, whatever. Just thought a PvE mode with secondary objectives would be cool.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF