criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Kylo rens voice

Vetrix
56 posts Member
edited October 2018
Kylo rens actor did his own voice in these games but couldnt do it for battlefront 2?

8sp813g6jrmc.png
Post edited by IronSoldier on

Replies

• Defbored
    1272 posts Member
    Maybe it has to do with the game being developed outside of the United States?
  • Vetrix
    56 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »

There are a ton of american actors in the game what are you talking about
  • Devlin21
    8323 posts Member

Well, they got daisy, billy, teumera, john, and others to do it.

He probably wanted too much money or couldn't make it because he was doing something else.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member

He probably wanted too much money or couldn't make it because he was doing something else.
    Tbf John is a gamer and was quite involved with the marketing campaign for the game ('This... is Star Wars Battlefront 2' and all that), but yeah, I think Adam Driver was doing a couple films during this game's development. Wasn't he in that movie with Liam Neeson? I can't remember what it was called but they were some like priests or something, idk lol. But yeah he probably wanted too much or was doing something else.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Kylo’s voiced by Matt Mercer if im not mistaken

He does a great job with Luke but im not a fan of his work with Kylo. He sounds alright just not great
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    AuraStorm wrote: »
    Kylo’s voiced by Matt Mercer if im not mistaken

He does a great job with Luke but im not a fan of his work with Kylo. He sounds alright just not great
    Idk about the masked (default) skin, but aren't the unmasked skins and the TIE Silencer voiced by the same person who did the Assassin's Creed character, so he sounds kind of weird? Idk, might be Matt Mercer I don't know many VA names.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345 wrote: »

Idk about the masked (default) skin, but aren't the unmasked skins and the TIE Silencer voiced by the same person who did the Assassin's Creed character, so he sounds kind of weird? Idk, might be Matt Mercer I don't know many VA names.

Mercer’s the host of Critical Role (its a popular online D&D show)

If they couldn’t get Adam it was probably their best option considering how good he is
  • DrX2345 wrote: »

Tbf John is a gamer and was quite involved with the marketing campaign for the game ('This... is Star Wars Battlefront 2' and all that), but yeah, I think Adam Driver was doing a couple films during this game's development. Wasn't he in that movie with Liam Neeson? I can't remember what it was called but they were some like priests or something, idk lol. But yeah he probably wanted too much or was doing something else.

You mean that Jesuit minister movie? With Liam Neeson and I think Andrew Garfield.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Defbored
    1272 posts Member
    Vetrix wrote: »

There are a ton of american actors in the game what are you talking about

I don't know. I'm just saying.

Maybe he didn't want to.

• Sounds spot on to me
  • MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member
    Roger Craig Smith (who voices unmasked Kylo) is awesome. He's the voice actor of Ezio from Assassins Creed, and was Chris Redfield in Resident Evil 5 and 6. I think he does a pretty good Kylo, and is one of my favorite voice actors in the game. Masked Kylo is voiced by Matthew Wood, who's the voice behind General Grevious, and a few other characters, as well as he's one if the sound designers for the films, and has been around since at least RotS. And even though I prefer playing unmasked Kylo, he also does a great job. Like others have said, Adam was likely just too busy to voice Kylo, as he does seem to be in more films than people like Daisy, Morrison, and Billy Dee. So there was likely a scheduling conflict, and he couldn't make it
  • It's pretty simple, Adam Driver just had too busy of a schedule. He's done quite a bit of work recently and I'm sure he couldn't make it in. Seeing as they were able to get John Boyega, Daisy Ridley and Gwendolyn Christie it's not out of the realm that they asked Driver. He probably had too much going on. If he''s done over voice over work, I'm sure he wouldn't say no just for the sake of saying no.

He has two different voice actors. Masked is Matthew Wood and unmasked is Roger Craig Smith.
  • Devlin21
    8323 posts Member
    deadbydawn wrote: »
    It's pretty simple, Adam Driver just had too busy of a schedule. He's done quite a bit of work recently and I'm sure he couldn't make it in. Seeing as they were able to get John Boyega, Daisy Ridley and Gwendolyn Christie it's not out of the realm that they asked Driver. He probably had too much going on. If he''s done over voice over work, I'm sure he wouldn't say no just for the sake of saying no.

He has two different voice actors. Masked is Matthew Wood and unmasked is Roger Craig Smith.

Forgot about phasmas actor.

Its interesting that they had Morrison do boba, but not the clones.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• deadbydawn wrote: »
    It's pretty simple, Adam Driver just had too busy of a schedule. He's done quite a bit of work recently and I'm sure he couldn't make it in. Seeing as they were able to get John Boyega, Daisy Ridley and Gwendolyn Christie it's not out of the realm that they asked Driver. He probably had too much going on. If he''s done over voice over work, I'm sure he wouldn't say no just for the sake of saying no.

Yeah, Gwendolyn did all of Phasma's lines.

Morrison could have been a time thing, or maybe they wanted to utilize Dee Bradley Baker since he could do multiple characters (Bossk/clones) Not sure.

Matt did Luke to my knowledge guess i was wrong lol

At least thats what Google told me
  • AuraStorm wrote: »

Matt Mercer did Luke, and Matt Wood did the masked Kylo. Kind of confusing.
  • Devlin21
    8323 posts Member

keeboxdf4h4g.gif

Morrison could have been a time thing, or maybe they wanted to utilize Dee Bradley Baker since he could do multiple characters (Bossk/clones) Not sure.

she could have did phasma's lines a bit better, listen to that "go go go" voice line, sounds pretty unconvincing
  • Defbored wrote: »

I’m confused because Daisy and John are from from England.

Did she really do her lines? I thought it sounded good but didn't think she would do then for some reason. Love her quotes even more now.
  • deadbydawn
    638 posts Member
    edited August 2018

Thanks!
  • Azelrazel wrote: »

Did she really do her lines? I thought it sounded good but didn't think she would do then for some reason. Love her quotes even more now.

Yep!

• MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member
    Azelrazel wrote: »

To be fair, she has more lines in the game, than both her film apperances, so I wouldn't blame you if you didn't recognize it as her at first
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!