criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Star Wars game of your dreams

What would it be? No need to be realistic, this is dream territory here. Please no comments on how SWBF2 could be better, I think we have more than enough topics on that subject.

So what would you like?
Tatooine moisture farm simulator?
Ewok civilization?
Pod/speeder racing?

I'd love to just have a game where one can choose at the beginning which faction to play as (jedi, trooper, criminal) and just have things going on in an open world. Basically I'm just seeing a Star Wars 'GTA mixed with Final Fantasy' type of game in my head. Roaming around on Coruscant, completing missions and gaining credits. Going to the armory/blaster store to buy/modify your weapons. Pretty sure there was talk of a game like this but I think it got cancelled. Or am I wrong?

Anyway, let the ideas flow!

Replies

• F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    You mean like Knights of the Old Republic ?
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Dash
    11479 posts Member
    F03hammer wrote: »
    You mean like Knights of the Old Republic ?

Yup. KOTOR part 3 please.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• My dream Star Wars game in one in which you forge your own destiny. You decide what you are going to do, be a bounty hunter, Jedi, Sith, soldier, crime lord, Rebel, unknown hero, or anything. I want to be able to do it on any planet as well. That is my dream Star Wars game. it would basically be like an online MMO.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Empire_TW
    5091 posts Member
    A good RTS game set in the GCW would be great, but I've been really wanting an Inferno Squad game in the style of the older SOCOM games for PS2
    n6wwndu3idbd.jpg
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Odi
    63 posts Member
    My dream Star Wars game in one in which you forge your own destiny. You decide what you are going to do, be a bounty hunter, Jedi, Sith, soldier, crime lord, Rebel, unknown hero, or anything. I want to be able to do it on any planet as well. That is my dream Star Wars game. it would basically be like an online MMO.

That's Star Wars Galaxies!
  • Apart from a new KOTOR?

A new XvT/BoP/XWA, based on the Criterion/BF2 SA with a few modifications like proper HOTAS support. Campaign and MP mode, of course.
  • Odi wrote: »
    My dream Star Wars game in one in which you forge your own destiny. You decide what you are going to do, be a bounty hunter, Jedi, Sith, soldier, crime lord, Rebel, unknown hero, or anything. I want to be able to do it on any planet as well. That is my dream Star Wars game. it would basically be like an online MMO.

That's Star Wars Galaxies!

I should have said that I would like it to have animation like this battlefront game. Kind of like Skyrim.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • If i could make a star wars game i would make one like a tell-tale game... Created your own story and path, choose your faction and which era, create your own custom ships, light sabers, guns, grenades and explore the whole galaxy. Almost like that ultimate dangerous game (i think that is the name...) You could do anything even become the first-orders new supreme leader, destroy the death-star yourself (before the rebels do ((cause we all know how to)) anything and everything the sky is the limit. Just give me 1million dollars and 500awesome video game programmers!!!!!!
    Thanks
    8ur7bebf8n7a.gif
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Not in to open world. I just want really large multiplayer battles that is Galactic Assault but taken to extremes. Like 100 spawn in LAATs and have to Assault Geonosis.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    id have to say gta star wars basically lol. give me coruscant and naboo, then let me start as a jedi padawan and work my way up to master or even go to the dark side. i wanna run around stealing speeders and stabbing people with my lightsaber.
  • kylenpain wrote: »
    id have to say gta star wars basically lol. give me coruscant and naboo, then let me start as a jedi padawan and work my way up to master or even go to the dark side. i wanna run around stealing speeders and stabbing people with my lightsaber.

Yeah i'd want a game where a lot of factors are within player control. Be a rogue, raid ships and freighters, not be bound by a faction, but also not be completely unwilling to help one out from time to time.

The criminals and pirates of Star Wars aren't that fleshed out, and I think that's what really draws me towards a game like that, it's not something you really see. Heists in Star Wars aren't done for personal gain, there's always some other motive behind it.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Vespervin
    691 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Star Wars Galaxies was my dream Star Wars game. I would give anything to have it back, even in its NGE state.

And no, I have no interest in those emulators. They’re just not the same, especially since I lost many years of perfecting my spacer.
    Post edited by Vespervin on
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • A lot like the clone wars adventures game with tons more content and features. May as well include all eras too
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Design, modes and 'fun factor" of BF2015, class system and gameplay mechanics of BF2, with the support, maintenance, communication and content drops that Naughty Dog gave to Uncharted 4.
  • The Star Wars game of my dreams would definitely be an RPG :) Probably set in the OT era, though the ST era would be nice too :)

Something like... idk. You could start the game by choosing your gender, race, and the way your character looked. You could choose to be able to use the force or not, and maybe as the game progressed you could choose what sub-class your character would be (soldier, sniper, melee or favoring force or lightsaber).

The game could provide different ways to start the game. For example, if you were a human soldier, you could start either as a stormtrooper or a rebel soldier (or maybe a mercenary or bounty hunter or something idk). It would make the game replayable to have different options depending on your race/class (like Dragon Age Origins).

The different origins would have to intersect at some point, but the main plot could be revolving around the morality of the different factions in Star Wars, with both the rebellion and empire being portrayed in positive and negative lights, with the player being able to choose who to side with (or neither), and doing side-missions for their chosen faction in the form of sidequests.

It would be nice to have dialogue options too, with some light side/dark side choices similar to what you find in KOTOR/SWTOR, and player choices being able to influence the outcome of the story. There would also be romance options, companions, skill trees, etc.

Something like that, anyhow... I would love a character/story focused Star Wars game which gave me the ability to have some freedom and fun with the setting, while delivering a powerful story with lots of player customization/choices :)
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • LaurenXIV wrote: »
    The Star Wars game of my dreams would definitely be an RPG :) Probably set in the OT era, though the ST era would be nice too :)

Something like... idk. You could start the game by choosing your gender, race, and the way your character looked. You could choose to be able to use the force or not, and maybe as the game progressed you could choose what sub-class your character would be (soldier, sniper, melee or favoring force or lightsaber).

The game could provide different ways to start the game. For example, if you were a human soldier, you could start either as a stormtrooper or a rebel soldier (or maybe a mercenary or bounty hunter or something idk). It would make the game replayable to have different options depending on your race/class (like Dragon Age Origins).

The different origins would have to intersect at some point, but the main plot could be revolving around the morality of the different factions in Star Wars, with both the rebellion and empire being portrayed in positive and negative lights, with the player being able to choose who to side with (or neither), and doing side-missions for their chosen faction in the form of sidequests.

It would be nice to have dialogue options too, with some light side/dark side choices similar to what you find in KOTOR/SWTOR, and player choices being able to influence the outcome of the story. There would also be romance options, companions, skill trees, etc.

Something like that, anyhow... I would love a character/story focused Star Wars game which gave me the ability to have some freedom and fun with the setting, while delivering a powerful story with lots of player customization/choices :)

Why not have that for all 3 eras in one game?
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • LaurenXIV wrote: »
    The Star Wars game of my dreams would definitely be an RPG :) Probably set in the OT era, though the ST era would be nice too :)

Why not have that for all 3 eras in one game?

The amount of content needed to give each era a story it deserved, player choices, options etc would just be unrealistically high. Incorporating more eras into a single game means that each era would receive less content, worse stories, characters, etc. It just wouldn't be a realistic option to deliver a good RPG experience of this kind.

The Clone Wars would also be a bad option for an emotional game - the battles have no consequence because its just a battle between clones and droids, they aren't fully fledged people putting their lives on the line for a cause - they are either droids that have been built with very little independent thinking for the purpose of fighting, or clones bred - again with very little independence - for fighting. Both are easily replaceable, and it leads to inconsequential battles that wouldnt be suitable for a game with the emotional depth that I would like. I dont think that a player could get attached to the conflict tbh, and it would reduce the impact their choices would have.
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • The star wars game of my dreams already existed and then was ruined and finally taken away.

Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Star Wars Total War