criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Skirmish/Offline Content

Replies

• I haven't seen anyone post the link to the community survey in this topic yet, at the end of the survey they ask a few questions about the single-player portion of the game. I think it’s in our best interest if we start rioting about the large maps availability in arcade.

https://reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/8zovek/battlefront_community_survey_announcement/
  • Scoundrel wrote: »
    vyrjola wrote: »
    Ok I played swbf1 few rounds and yes there was friendly at-st! Also the AI felt different and challenging, they actually defended the uplinks and took cover when they were pinned down. The uplinks were much more online than in previous matches I've played skirmish. Was all of this there before or have I just got so used to low quality AI of SWBF2? Also what I noticed is that starfighters rained down fire on ground more aggressively.

0ho35ce8npfp.jpg

Yep! This is what I've been saying... The AI is more aggressive, challenging, and strategic. Glad I'm not alone in seeing it. The friendly ATSTs are there for sure wrrakong havoc. They were never a factor before. Skirmish plays amazing now... This is not hyperbole. Skirmish is different. Say what you will... Believe the game is not being tinkered with... But I'm here to tell you, it is... And I'd be willing to bet that it's being done for the sole purpose of working out the kinks on AI logic for Arcade in BF2.

Holy cra#, Scoundrel is right! I don’t believe it...he’s right! I’m so excited, I just tested the map “Graveyard of Giants” Skirmish as Rebels on normal.

Wave one:
    Within 40 seconds 4 Storm Troopers we’re coming over the rise.
    By 42 seconds 2 Snipers came over the dunes.
    Then things started to increase, the troopers even reached and deactivate the left uplink.
    Then 5 more troopers appeared by 1 min 20 sec.
    Then 8 more by 1 min 25 and deactivated the right uplink.
    Then 10 more by 2 min and they deactivated the left uplink.
    Then 6 more and the right uplink was again deactivated.
    Then right before the chance to fire on the AT-AT Walker there was a huge blitz of 10 Storm Troopers all at once.
    At this point the Walker became able to target.
    3 more Imperials showed up
    and then 11 more and they were in the middle of our way.
    Then I reached the Walker (like 20’ away) and 10 more Imps showed up to stop me.

Wave two
    Okay this was just nuts and I loved it. I am so not kidding. Endless stormtroopers exploded over the rise in groups, I died after like 23 and they took the uplink on the left.
    I rushed back to find 10 more showing up, God knows how many died while I was away.
    1 AT-ST showed up.
    Then it was time to target the Walker again.
    16 Storm Troopers showed up while trying to target them.

Both AT-AT Walkers fell.

I am very impressed with the vast improvements. Love the troop increasing thing. Love the aggressiveness.

However, I still think Walker health needs to be stronger though to make the battle last longer.

That sounds awesome.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
    vyrjola wrote: »
    Ok I played swbf1 few rounds and yes there was friendly at-st! Also the AI felt different and challenging, they actually defended the uplinks and took cover when they were pinned down. The uplinks were much more online than in previous matches I've played skirmish. Was all of this there before or have I just got so used to low quality AI of SWBF2? Also what I noticed is that starfighters rained down fire on ground more aggressively.

0ho35ce8npfp.jpg

Yep! This is what I've been saying... The AI is more aggressive, challenging, and strategic. Glad I'm not alone in seeing it. The friendly ATSTs are there for sure wrrakong havoc. They were never a factor before. Skirmish plays amazing now... This is not hyperbole. Skirmish is different. Say what you will... Believe the game is not being tinkered with... But I'm here to tell you, it is... And I'd be willing to bet that it's being done for the sole purpose of working out the kinks on AI logic for Arcade in BF2.

Holy cra#, Scoundrel is right! I don’t believe it...he’s right! I’m so excited, I just tested the map “Graveyard of Giants” Skirmish as Rebels on normal.

Wave one:
    Within 40 seconds 4 Storm Troopers we’re coming over the rise.
    By 42 seconds 2 Snipers came over the dunes.
    Then things started to increase, the troopers even reached and deactivate the left uplink.
    Then 5 more troopers appeared by 1 min 20 sec.
    Then 8 more by 1 min 25 and deactivated the right uplink.
    Then 10 more by 2 min and they deactivated the left uplink.
    Then 6 more and the right uplink was again deactivated.
    Then right before the chance to fire on the AT-AT Walker there was a huge blitz of 10 Storm Troopers all at once.
    At this point the Walker became able to target.
    3 more Imperials showed up
    and then 11 more and they were in the middle of our way.
    Then I reached the Walker (like 20’ away) and 10 more Imps showed up to stop me.

Wave two
    Okay this was just nuts and I loved it. I am so not kidding. Endless stormtroopers exploded over the rise in groups, I died after like 23 and they took the uplink on the left.
    I rushed back to find 10 more showing up, God knows how many died while I was away.
    1 AT-ST showed up.
    Then it was time to target the Walker again.
    16 Storm Troopers showed up while trying to target them.

Both AT-AT Walkers fell.

I am very impressed with the vast improvements. Love the troop increasing thing. Love the aggressiveness.

However, I still think Walker health needs to be stronger though to make the battle last longer.

That sounds awesome.

Yeah, I haven’t tested other maps yet but I will get back to you with my report.
    “There is always hope.”
  • And still no devs come here.
    Just bumping this that's all don't want it to die
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    At this point whether or not the new Large Scale mode is included with Arcade when it's released is what will make it or break it for me at this point.

I sure hope they make it and don't break it!

That would be nice to get the large scale mode in Arcade the same day it launches online; however, this might not happen because they have to make any new maps before they can program the AI on said map. Remember, as Aussie Viking mentioned, F8rge said they are working on Arcade content but can't share specifics yet. I think the new mode will show up in Arcade.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I hope we hear about this in August.
  • This would be ideal, although I would understand if they rolled out the "Conquest" mode online first, then a month or so later (in the subsequent content drop) Conquest was deployed in Arcade. I'm sure with a new large-scale mode there will be some bugs to work through, and some fine tuning that needs to be done. Especially because according to Dennis there would be a combination of capturing command posts and taking down capital ships. This has to be done right, and as much as it would pain me to wait longer to get Conquest (or Galactic Conquest) in Arcade...it needs to be done the right way—No half-measures. I'd rather wait a little longer if it can be a high level of quality, not an afterthought.

It sure sounds like this could be the "Conquest" that we've all been waiting for. If that's the case, and it's done right, this could revolutionize Battlefront 2 and completely change the game for the better.

I'm not certain that we'll get a "Galactic Conquest" in Arcade, but reading the tea leaves suggests to me that Arcade Conquest is the end-game. It won't necessarily be the final piece of content to be added (far from it, I believe. I think there's still a long way to go). While a Galactic Conquest-type mode for Arcade would be amazing, it's not essential. What is essential is to be able the play this large-scale, sandbox-type, command post capturing game mode, with a full compliment of heroes, villians, vehicles, troops, and reinforcements in Arcade. Additionally as important but sometimes overlooked is the addition of Starfighter Assault to Arcade.

Yes, we need more content. More heroes. More villians. More maps form the Prequel, Original, and Sequel Eras. Clone Wars content. Rebels content. More skins. More emotes. More weapons. More starfighters. More vehicles. More Hunt modes.... The list goes on. But the most important addition to this game is to be able to play the Conquest and Starfighter Assault modes in Arcade.

...and okay, a playlist would be nice to properly enjoy those two modes, as well.
    This would be ideal, although I would understand if they rolled out the "Conquest" mode online first, then a month or so later (in the subsequent content drop) Conquest was deployed in Arcade. I'm sure with a new large-scale mode there will be some bugs to work through, and some fine tuning that needs to be done. Especially because according to Dennis there would be a combination of capturing command posts and taking down capital ships. This has to be done right, and as much as it would pain me to wait longer to get Conquest (or Galactic Conquest) in Arcade...it needs to be done the right way—No half-measures. I'd rather wait a little longer if it can be a high level of quality, not an afterthought.

It sure sounds like this could be the "Conquest" that we've all been waiting for. If that's the case, and it's done right, this could revolutionize Battlefront 2 and completely change the game for the better.

I'm not certain that we'll get a "Galactic Conquest" in Arcade, but reading the tea leaves suggests to me that Arcade Conquest is the end-game. It won't necessarily be the final piece of content to be added (far from it, I believe. I think there's still a long way to go). While a Galactic Conquest-type mode for Arcade would be amazing, it's not essential. What is essential is to be able the play this large-scale, sandbox-type, command post capturing game mode, with a full compliment of heroes, villians, vehicles, troops, and reinforcements in Arcade. Additionally as important but sometimes overlooked is the addition of Starfighter Assault to Arcade.

Yes, we need more content. More heroes. More villians. More maps form the Prequel, Original, and Sequel Eras. Clone Wars content. Rebels content. More skins. More emotes. More weapons. More starfighters. More vehicles. More Hunt modes.... The list goes on. But the most important addition to this game is to be able to play the Conquest and Starfighter Assault modes in Arcade.

...and okay, a playlist would be nice to properly enjoy those two modes, as well.

This...
    “There is always hope.”
    This would be ideal, although I would understand if they rolled out the "Conquest" mode online first, then a month or so later (in the subsequent content drop) Conquest was deployed in Arcade. I'm sure with a new large-scale mode there will be some bugs to work through, and some fine tuning that needs to be done. Especially because according to Dennis there would be a combination of capturing command posts and taking down capital ships. This has to be done right, and as much as it would pain me to wait longer to get Conquest (or Galactic Conquest) in Arcade...it needs to be done the right way—No half-measures. I'd rather wait a little longer if it can be a high level of quality, not an afterthought.

I can see them making Conquest Arcade and then adding content to that and Star Fighter Arcade for a while as well.

I can see them making Conquest Arcade and then adding content to that and Star Fighter Arcade for a while as well.

Could definitely see that happening, as well. Adding content to it as releases happen would be better, I think, because we'd get the Arcade content sooner. Then just continue to add to it like the rest of Arcade sees updates, now.

Tell you what... I'd also like for Arcade Conquest to award credits in a similar manner to the online multiplayer. There should be a cap on credits for the Team Battle and Onslaught modes, but Conquest modes should play out the same in terms of credits—whether in Arcade or Online.

Full credit value would be best, since these are longer games (and they better be longer games) I'd even be cool with a reduced credit value earned on every round of Arcade Conquest. In other words, maybe you could earn 75% credits or even 50% credits per round. So, for example instead of playing a full Online match and earning 400 credits in a given round, maybe you can earn 200-300 credits in Arcade per round.
  • Darthchocolate4
    86 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Scoundrel wrote: »

Could definitely see that happening, as well. Adding content to it as releases happen would be better, I think, because we'd get the Arcade content sooner. Then just continue to add to it like the rest of Arcade sees updates, now.

Tell you what... I'd also like for Arcade Conquest to award credits in a similar manner to the online multiplayer. There should be a cap on credits for the Team Battle and Onslaught modes, but Conquest modes should play out the same in terms of credits—whether in Arcade or Online.

Full credit value would be best, since these are longer games (and they better be longer games) I'd even be cool with a reduced credit value earned on every round of Arcade Conquest. In other words, maybe you could earn 75% credits or even 50% credits per round. So, for example instead of playing a full Online match and earning 400 credits in a given round, maybe you can earn 200-300 credits in Arcade per round.

I totally agree with you. but there are some little problems why this won't happen. You are able to set everything you want to play in Arcade as you like. For example, set the AI ​​so weaky and with a small number that you finish a round in a few minutes. So you will earn a lot of credits (faster than online) within a very short time. Even if you get 50% of what online players earn. therefore we need another counting system in arcade. Credits are deducted for each simplified setting or something like that.
    however, I'm happy to earn some extra credits. But not so many online gamers start farming in Arcade.

I totally agree with you. but there are some little problems why this won't happen. You are able to set everything you want to play in Arcade as you like. For example, set the AI ​​so weaky and with a small number that you finish a round in a few minutes. So you will earn a lot of credits (faster than online) within a very short time. Even if you get 50% of what online players earn. therefore we need another counting system in arcade. Credits are deducted for each simplified setting or something like that.
    however, I'm happy to earn some extra credits. But not so many online gamers start farming in Arcade.

Once again, I agree. I don't want it to turn into a credit farming arena for online players. I'm. Ot sure how to implement it, but in my mind there is A) a credit limit, B) reduced credit earn because it's not playing online, and most importantly C) rules should be put in place to prevent exactly what you're describing.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Conquest not following the rest of Arcades Credit gain rules. Players can still "farm" in the Team battle and Onslaught modes (I refuse to farm credits. I'll never start up games with a. One hit kill just so I can "play" 15 games in 5 minutes and "earn" 1500 credits.) what I will do is play a rounds at no less than 25 kills per side. I actually like playing arcade... Anyway I digress.

So conquest would allow you to set reinforcement between certain parameters and you would need to complete the match with at least say a 200 v 200 to earn any credits, at all.

Once again, I agree. I don't want it to turn into a credit farming arena for online players. I'm. Ot sure how to implement it, but in my mind there is A) a credit limit, B) reduced credit earn because it's not playing online, and most importantly C) rules should be put in place to prevent exactly what you're describing.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Conquest not following the rest of Arcades Credit gain rules. Players can still "farm" in the Team battle and Onslaught modes (I refuse to farm credits. I'll never start up games with a. One hit kill just so I can "play" 15 games in 5 minutes and "earn" 1500 credits.) what I will do is play a rounds at no less than 25 kills per side. I actually like playing arcade... Anyway I digress.

So conquest would allow you to set reinforcement between certain parameters and you would need to complete the match with at least say a 200 v 200 to earn any credits, at all.

While I would love to earn credits for every Arcade match, the only way I think EA would agree to this is if there was no credit farming. They could stop the farming by restricting the settings that pay credits as you said.

I do like the idea of releasing content in stages.
  • I'd much rather have the ability to earn credits in arcade this way than be able to farm 1500 credits and not really play the mode. Set credit gain for the large modes only (Star Fighter Assault Arcade and Conquest Arcade) and eliminate credit gain "farming" altogether. I wouldn't mind credits for Onslaught and Team Battle, but minimum requirement should be met. Namely time and constraints. Parameters should be set that prohibit any credit gain for farmers, and require you to actually play for a certain amount of time/number of reinforcements. Arcade should not be a place to jump in, set it for one hit one kill, then kill yourself 15 times, play for five minutes and earn 1500 credits.

Now, let me just say that I don't care how anyone plays the game. Just play it. However, if credit farmers are impacting the potential to be able to enjoy playing arcade more (with the addition of credit gain and no cap or limit) then it has to change.
  • would it be nice if EA added a brand new single player mode set after Resurrection featuring Zay,Shriv and Dio going to the Outer rim finding allies for the Resistance.But the First Order interfering with their plans.

Anyone else with me on this?
  • would it be nice if EA added a brand new single player mode set after Resurrection featuring Zay,Shriv and Dio going to the Outer rim finding allies for the Resistance.But the First Order interfering with their plans.

Anyone else with me on this?

No. The campaign was already a huge disappointment for many. The story is very poorly-written and the missions have no replay value. Better that they just stick to expanding Arcade mode; campaign is a lost cause, and many of those who were asking for more single-player in the previous game didn't even want a campaign to begin with...

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Yes I do agree that Resurrection was a major disappointment.

• I wouldn't be so hard on the writers of the campaign. I know that Mitch and company worked really hard on it. I think a lot of players, myself included, wanted this game to include a heavy dose of single player "arcade" content and many wanted a hefty single-player story campaign as well. Whether one enjoyed it or not, it definitely captured the feel and look of the Stsr Wars Galaxy, and it was fun to blast your way through the story. Where the Campaign fell short for me and many others, really had nothing to do with the campaign at all. I think the worst parts about it were that A) none of the campaign content (minus Iden herself) was used in the multiplayer itself, B) the fact that the campaign was the main offline content—as we were all expecting a larger skirmish and were disappointed with the scale and limitations of Arcade, and yes C) the pseudo bait and switch in terms of character development that ran contrary to how the campaign was advertised.

I believed strongly then, and still do now, that elements and content from the campaign should make their way into arcade—if not both arcade and multiplayer. Games do this all the time. Campaign locarions are re-used for multiplayer. But I digress.

I would've liked to seen a continuation of Zay and Shriv's story, but I'd much rather see locations and events from the campaign expanded on for multiplayer and especially arcade.
    There are easily 5-6 campaign locations/events that would make for incredible arcade and multiplayer battles.
    I'd much rather have the ability to earn credits in arcade this way than be able to farm 1500 credits and not really play the mode. Set credit gain for the large modes only (Star Fighter Assault Arcade and Conquest Arcade) and eliminate credit gain "farming" altogether. I wouldn't mind credits for Onslaught and Team Battle, but minimum requirement should be met. Namely time and constraints. Parameters should be set that prohibit any credit gain for farmers, and require you to actually play for a certain amount of time/number of reinforcements. Arcade should not be a place to jump in, set it for one hit one kill, then kill yourself 15 times, play for five minutes and earn 1500 credits.

Now, let me just say that I don't care how anyone plays the game. Just play it. However, if credit farmers are impacting the potential to be able to enjoy playing arcade more (with the addition of credit gain and no cap or limit) then it has to change.

I would like to see this as long as it does not interfere with new content coming to Arcade. The other two parameters they would need to restrict are enemy health (less than normal gets nothing) and difficulty (different difficulties get different amounts).
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1233 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I wouldn't be so hard on the writers of the campaign. I know that Mitch and company worked really hard on it. I think a lot of players, myself included, wanted this game to include a heavy dose of single player "arcade" content and many wanted a hefty single-player story campaign as well. Whether one enjoyed it or not, it definitely captured the feel and look of the Stsr Wars Galaxy, and it was fun to blast your way through the story. Where the Campaign fell short for me and many others, really had nothing to do with the campaign at all. I think the worst parts about it were that A) none of the campaign content (minus Iden herself) was used in the multiplayer itself, B) the fact that the campaign was the main offline content—as we were all expecting a larger skirmish and were disappointed with the scale and limitations of Arcade, and yes C) the pseudo bait and switch in terms of character development that ran contrary to how the campaign was advertised.

I believed strongly then, and still do now, that elements and content from the campaign should make their way into arcade—if not both arcade and multiplayer. Games do this all the time. Campaign locarions are re-used for multiplayer. But I digress.

I would've liked to seen a continuation of Zay and Shriv's story, but I'd much rather see locations and events from the campaign expanded on for multiplayer and especially arcade.
    There are easily 5-6 campaign locations/events that would make for incredible arcade and multiplayer battles.

My biggest disappointment with the campaign was no split screen. 90% of the time Iden had AI controlled teammates any way. I thought the campaign was fine; however, I would rather have more content in Arcade for local co-op.
  • This thread was moved to a new subforum.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1233 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    This thread was moved to a new subforum.

They reworked the entire forum.
  • They removed the single player forum area.

Don't expect anything for single players anymore.

Just scraps here and there.

"Game over man"
  • Jesbro
    556 posts Member
    AxeWin wrote: »
    They removed the single player forum area.

"Game over man"

They already said before that they were not adding anything more to the Campaign.

As for this thread I honestly think it should be in the feedback section instead.
  • Jesbro wrote: »

"Game over man"

They already said before that they were not adding anything more to the Campaign.

As for this thread I honestly think it should be in the feedback section instead.

They removed all the sub-categories from every section of the forum, not just the single-player category.

• AxeWin wrote: »

"Game over man"

There will be more Arcade content. Ben said they are working on Arcade content but aren't ready to give details.
  • Aryck-The-One
    1582 posts Member
    edited August 2018

"Game over man"

There will be more Arcade content. Ben said they are working on Arcade content but aren't ready to give details.

I think it's safe to assume that the new large-scale game mode for Arcade that Dennis promised back in February, and the new large-scale mode for multiplayer coming with the Clone Wars season are one and the same. Also, every multiplayer map that has been added to the game since launch (with the exception of Theed Hangar and the Ewok Hunt map) has been added to Arcade, so we will no doubt see the Geonosis maps and any returning BF2015 maps added to Arcade as well.

F8RGE also confirmed after the Starfighter Arcade update that Starfighter Assault in it's entirety will be added to Arcade eventually. Possibly during the Clone Wars season, I would say between the release of the new large-scale game mode in Fall and the release of Geonosis in Winter.

"Game over man"

I think it's safe to assume that the new large-scale game mode for Arcade that Dennis promised back in February, and the new large-scale mode for multiplayer coming with the Clone Wars season are one and the same. Also, every multiplayer map that has been added to the game since launch (with the exception of Theed Hangar and the Ewok Hunt map) has been added to Arcade, so we will no doubt see the Geonosis maps and any returning BF2015 maps added to Arcade as well.

F8RGE also confirmed after the Starfighter Arcade update that Starfighter Assault in it's entirety will be added to Arcade eventually. Possibly during the Clone Wars season, I would say between the release of the new large-scale game mode in Fall and the release of Geonosis in Winter.

*small part of every map (blast part) and even smaller part for yavin4, mos eisley and takodana...
  • Loyaavod wrote: »

"Game over man"

*small part of every map (blast part) and even smaller part for yavin4, mos eisley and takodana...

Arcade maps have been getting bigger since launch. Notice that the 6 Arcade maps that were missing at launch (Endor, Hoth, Jakku, Crait, Kashyyyk, Death Star II) are significantly larger than the maps we were given at launch, and so has every brand-new map that has been added, including Jabba's Palace, Bespin, and Kessel.

And in the case of Endor, they did not use the Blast map; no, they went out of their way to give us a unique map for Arcade, using the Phase 1 area from Galactic Assault instead of simply porting the Blast map.

• ypi6why4nmir.jpeg

Without a doubt, this is what I want to see happen. Starfighter Assault and "Conquest" in Arcade with all maps in their entirety. Let us enjoy all the game has to offer in Arcade, in an offline setting. All the maps. All the heroes. All the skins, the vehicles, the reinforcements.—the sandbox that we've all been waiting for. Everything that a player can experience in multiplayer in those the large modes needs to be available to players in Arcade.

I believe this will happen. It has been promised. It's being worked on, has been for a long time in fits and starts. As I recall, September is the target date for the "Large Scale mode" according to the road map. If that remains the case, I expect that we'll finally see the offline version of this mode arrive right alongside, or trailing not too long afterwards. My feeling is, if that happens, then Starfighter Assault Arcade will arrive around November/December. I think that both "Conquest" and Starfighter Assault Arcade modes will surprise a lot of people and share A LOT of game mechanics... But time will tell. Fingers crossed, because to me the real fun of this game is in Arcade. Multiplayer is great, but not everyone wants to play competitively, all the time. There are many times when due to mismatched teams, overwhelmingly good players, spawn camping (or hallway/door camping) and a myriad of other factors, the game is simply not fun. Personally, for all its shortcomings, Arcade is never not fun. It may get boring quickly die to its limitations and death mode variations, but it's never not fun. Oftentimes, multiplayer is a grind.

There are those who will say, "this is a multiplayer game, stop whining." Or "git gud, noob." That's fine. I've been playing since day one, maxed out most of my units, minus a handful of heroes and heels starfighters. I'll happily leave you alone to dominate the battlefront once these two modes are added to Arcade. I'll still play online on occasion, so you can spawn camp me while you don't play the objective, or fly from platform to platform in Hero Showdown as Boba Fett so no one can reach you, and you can win—because that's what matters, right?

Have fun, if that's what you call it. I'll be having fun in Arcade where other players can't ruin my Star Wars experience.

"Game over man"

Arcade maps have been getting bigger since launch. Notice that the 6 Arcade maps that were missing at launch (Endor, Hoth, Jakku, Crait, Kashyyyk, Death Star II) are significantly larger than the maps we were given at launch, and so has every brand-new map that has been added, including Jabba's Palace, Bespin, and Kessel.

And in the case of Endor, they did not use the Blast map; no, they went out of their way to give us a unique map for Arcade, using the Phase 1 area from Galactic Assault instead of simply porting the Blast map.

Arcade maps are not bigger now because they like arcade. That maps are the same size as blast maps and some of them are bigger than others.

And everybody here knows that endor arcade map is hvv map. Probably it was easier to program ai on that map.

But yeah if they ever add big mode on all GA maps in arcade (Even if it would be big team deathmatch with vehicles) + theed hangar map arcade would be perfect to me.

Bonus: special units ai and random skin for ai rebels and resistance (sullustan etc.).

"Game over man"

I think the new Arcade mode is going to be the same as the new online mode as well. F8rge said they would like to upgrade Star Fighter Arcade to Star Fighter Assault; however, he did not confirm it. I hope Arcade gets Conquest with hero/reinforcement AI and a fully updated Star Fighter Assault.
  • Just give me a conquest mode already. If I want some skins I'll pay for it. Most GA games are unplayable by 3 ways.

1. Your on the steamroller side and the top 2 or 3 people have like 30 to 40 kills everyone else has 3 to 4 kills and the game is over in 2 mins.

2. Your the steamedrolled. Can't even see the objective before your whole squad is vanquished in 2.4 seconds.

3.then it's lag/kicked from the game when it's on that rare evenly game. Everyone got around 15 to 25 kills back and forth awesome match then half of everyone is kicked from the game.

Just give us large scale game offline like yesterday already.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    Just give me a conquest mode already. If I want some skins I'll pay for it. Most GA games are unplayable by 3 ways.

1. Your on the steamroller side and the top 2 or 3 people have like 30 to 40 kills everyone else has 3 to 4 kills and the game is over in 2 mins.

2. Your the steamedrolled. Can't even see the objective before your whole squad is vanquished in 2.4 seconds.

3.then it's lag/kicked from the game when it's on that rare evenly game. Everyone got around 15 to 25 kills back and forth awesome match then half of everyone is kicked from the game.

It's coming, just be patient. In the meantime I hope they bring back more small maps for the existing modes, and make some improvements to those modes; Special Unit AI for Team Battle and Onslaught, Hero AI and respawning destructible frigates for Starfighter Arcade, and double the number of AI bots for both versions of Team Battle to 20v20.

Just give me a conquest mode already. If I want some skins I'll pay for it. Most GA games are unplayable by 3 ways.

It's coming, just be patient. In the meantime I hope they bring back more small maps for the existing modes, and make some improvements to those modes; Special Unit AI for Team Battle and Onslaught, Hero AI and respawning destructible frigates for Starfighter Arcade, and double the number of AI bots for both versions of Team Battle to 20v20.

Just be patient it's coming. Just remember all dlc maps we got for skirmish in the last game. Just take a look at all arcade content on the road map. It's definitely coming.
    KlownShueS wrote: »

Just be patient it's coming. Just remember all dlc maps we got for skirmish in the last game. Just take a look at all arcade content on the road map. It's definitely coming.

Where on the road map? Is there a new one out?
    Loyaavod wrote: »

Where on the road map? Is there a new one out?

No its not. New one Its coming out end of month
  • Are we finally getting the option to switch between skins on Arcade?
  • Llunotts wrote: »
    Are we finally getting the option to switch between skins on Arcade?

I hope that is in the August update.

Ben said they were working on Arcade content but not ready to announce it.

There is discussion on reddit right now about future of arcade and it is completely ignored by ben.

And ben never said that about arcade content.
    Loyaavod wrote: »

There is discussion on reddit right now about future of arcade and it is completely ignored by ben.

And ben never said that about arcade content.

They hate the fact that Arcade is one of the biggest request. Cause they can't get a lot of money out of it.

It's hard to argue against those who say that arcade questions are being ignored by Ben and the team due to the lack of responses to anything arcade related, but I think it's less about ignoring questions and more about revealing information when they are ready. Now, that's not what I or anyone else wants to hear, but based on what they *have* said in regard to arcade content (namely Starfighter Assualt and a large offline sandbox mode) I do think that more information will begin to manifest as they get closer to the respective release dates. I believe that the large-scale sandbox mode in arcade be a mirror of the online mode due to come in September (according to the roadmap). I believe that the arcade version could release simultaneously with the multiplayer version, but will more likely arrive in a subsequent update. I still believe Starfighter Assault to be on the way as well, and it makes some sense to delay it until after the "large-scale mode" makes its debut. If this new mode is the crown jewel that everyone thinks it will be (think Grand Operations-level from Battlefield) then it makes sense to keep the spotlight on the mode.

Makes sense to release this new mode as it stands online in September, across existing maps (with hopefully some completely new ones or at least new variations). Add the First Clone Wars season in October, with new maps for "Conquest"... Then add conquest to arcade. Subsequent updates will add locations to conquest. Once the dust has settled on that, then I think we'll see Starfighter Assault Arcade... In December.

As an aside, based on the plan as it stands right now, I feel like October *will* be the target release for Geonosis/ObiWan/Grevious, since they are spreading out the clone troopers skins between August and September.... Get them all out there and available, then release the first clone wars season content to maximize current playability.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1233 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    axt2erti3jgb.jpg

Here is a screen shot of Ben saying they have plans for Arcade but to early to reveal. It comes from Battle Front Updates Waiting for the roadmap stream.

Developers don't make plans for modes they are going to do nothing with. Dennis also stated they were working on a large mode for Arcade.
  • axt2erti3jgb.jpg

Here is a screen shot of Ben saying they have plans for Arcade but to early to reveal. It comes from Battle Front Updates Waiting for the roadmap stream.

Developers don't make plans for modes they are going to do nothing with. Dennis also stated they were working on a large mode for Arcade.

Nice to know. Thank you.
  • Wonder what the future holds for Offline gamers now that Paul Keslin (AKA thevestalviking) is leaving DICE.
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    Wonder what the future holds for Offline gamers now that Paul Keslin (AKA thevestalviking) is leaving DICE.

Means that something good?