criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why am I always placed on the losing team?

2Next

Replies

• UPDATE: I've been playing Battlefront much less than I used to simply because of the horrible matchmaking. I've reached a new Milestone: 20th (yes- 20th... i've counted) loss in a row with 3/4 times being in Top 5, about 1/4 top 1 or 2 players. So I know it's not me.

My team seems to constantly have no clue why they are there or what they're doing. I hate blaming teams for anything, i'm actually a very community and team-oriented person but there is nothing else to it.

Will give more future updates on my matches in the future. I'm beginning to think the Matchmaking isn't bad, it's intentionally rigged to facilitate some type of behaviour. Maybe raging, idk. I have never seen this type of matchmaking in any other title or company before.

20th loss in a row.
  • I don't think there is matchmaking
    Today i played 8 games of ga in a row
    We won all 8 and myself and 4 others on our team all finished top 5 in every game
    So there was no team shuffle or matchmaking
  • The_Sith_Apprentice
    2147 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    UPDATE: I've been playing Battlefront much less than I used to simply because of the horrible matchmaking. I've reached a new Milestone: 20th (yes- 20th... i've counted) loss in a row with 3/4 times being in Top 5, about 1/4 top 1 or 2 players. So I know it's not me.

My team seems to constantly have no clue why they are there or what they're doing. I hate blaming teams for anything, i'm actually a very community and team-oriented person but there is nothing else to it.

Will give more future updates on my matches in the future. I'm beginning to think the Matchmaking isn't bad, it's intentionally rigged to facilitate some type of behaviour. Maybe raging, idk. I have never seen this type of matchmaking in any other title or company before.

20th loss in a row.

If it was any other mode than GA or SA, I would have said it was because all the rage-quitters just left.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Why are you always making your team lose?
    :D :D :D :D

• SMTHook
    223 posts Member
    Even teams isn't as fun as advertised in GA. I find with even teams many games in GA are over in phase 1 and rarely get to phase 3. The advantage of the map is really apparent. Take Endor for example, two evenly matched teams will both win phase 1 as the map favors the empire. For me, I typically do well winning or losing so I prefer to play all 3 phases regardless.
  • Maybe have bots fill in for quitters so at least the teams can be balanced until real players join.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • SMTHook wrote: »
    Even teams isn't as fun as advertised in GA. I find with even teams many games in GA are over in phase 1 and rarely get to phase 3. The advantage of the map is really apparent. Take Endor for example, two evenly matched teams will both win phase 1 as the map favors the empire. For me, I typically do well winning or losing so I prefer to play all 3 phases regardless.

I feel like in some maps, you are almost guranteed to have a Phase 2 (Hoth, Kashyyyk, Crait, Naboo). Whereas others are left to whichever team does better.

• SMTHook wrote: »

So true the maps and most mechanics in the game are built around random/casual play. That is why good players and even a bit of teamwork break most matches.
  • Let me give you a lesson:
    So imagine there are two teams. One team at the moment is always going to be better than the other, because for some reason matchmaking isnt great from the start.

All the somewhat decent players and extra players will quit from that lobby in hopes of finding a better team.
    All the players on the ez win team will likely stay until they dont want to play the mode anymore or get busy.

There are often more people leaving the bad team than the good team, so guess what slot you fill when you join a lobby.
    That's right, you join the crappy team with open slots.
  • OcDoc
    1197 posts Member
    UPDATE: I've been playing Battlefront much less than I used to simply because of the horrible matchmaking. I've reached a new Milestone: 20th (yes- 20th... i've counted) loss in a row with 3/4 times being in Top 5, about 1/4 top 1 or 2 players. So I know it's not me.

20th loss in a row.

If you are top 5 and get steamrolled 3 or more games in a row and there is no team turnover and your team is not pushing and seems clueless...

It is ok to leave the lobby and try another. I appreciate your will to endure and all but seriously, it is ok to go and get on a more balanced team.

Please don’t follow up with something like there are no balanced teams to join. I am on them all the time. Sometimes you get a bad lot or go up against a particularly good lot. But there are good matches to be had out there.
  • OcDoc wrote: »

20th loss in a row.

If you are top 5 and get steamrolled 3 or more games in a row and there is no team turnover and your team is not pushing and seems clueless...

It is ok to leave the lobby and try another. I appreciate your will to endure and all but seriously, it is ok to go and get on a more balanced team.

Please don’t follow up with something like there are no balanced teams to join. I am on them all the time. Sometimes you get a bad lot or go up against a particularly good lot. But there are good matches to be had out there.

For example, my Resistance team didn’t even make it past Phase 1 on Starkiller Base, yet I finished number two overall. You can still play well on a bad team.

• TwinSp1re wrote: »
    SMTHook wrote: »

So true the maps and most mechanics in the game are built around random/casual play. That is why good players and even a bit of teamwork break most matches.

This is true also. My team in GA steamrolled Takodana (as First Order) and Kamino (both sides). Each match lasted five minutes (even to win three phases on Kamino and Takodana).

• CrazyAce
    49 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I had a session last night where my team won 8 consecutive matches in a row because a few players coordinated the rest of the team, and the rest of the team actually listened. Imagine that. We didn't even say much. "Take Objective A first." "Okay." "I'll cover you." Our entire conversation was literally stuff that simple.

This is a multiplayer game. If you communicate with at least 2-3 good players (even halfway decent ones), you will win, and win easily. You don't even have to be on voice comms, or in a party, or even perfectly synchronized, but if you actually play the objective together, chances are you will win unless the enemy team is just plain better.
  • TS you were the Chosen One..

but

2ff26s.jpg

:'(
  • Lately, I have been placed on either a winning team, or a 50/50 team. Haven't been steamrolled in a while now, but it's only a matter of time.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • For all of you saying that I am the reason the teams are losing. This wasn't a problem for me a week ago, when I wasn't being placed on teams that are not just losing... they are getting demolished left and right. Like I run to the objective and it looks like Saving Private Ryan opening scene for our team. I check the leaderstats and half my team is dead almost all the time.

Since I am the common denominator in that- please tell me how can I revive half my team back from the dead??

Be good and wait for better players.
  • UPDATE: I've been playing Battlefront much less than I used to simply because of the horrible matchmaking. I've reached a new Milestone: 20th (yes- 20th... i've counted) loss in a row with 3/4 times being in Top 5, about 1/4 top 1 or 2 players. So I know it's not me.

20th loss in a row.

Please post a video some time because your numbers are really quite hard to believe. If you top 5 that often, you should be winning the majority of your matches regardless of how bad most of your other teammates are.

20th loss in a row.

Please post a video some time because your numbers are really quite hard to believe. If you top 5 that often, you should be winning the majority of your matches regardless of how bad most of your other teammates are.

It's actually easier to believe than you might think. Even easier if you play as an officer with the right cards, as top 5 is based on points and not kills or objectives captured. A person who farms points so they can be a hero might always make the top 5, even though their team loses. Especially if they are too careful with their hero just racking up kills one at a time. As Yoda players usually do. But I digress, lol.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    edited August 2018

20th loss in a row.

It's actually easier to believe than you might think. Even easier if you play as an officer with the right cards, as top 5 is based on points and not kills or objectives captured. A person who farms points so they can be a hero might always make the top 5, even though their team loses. Especially if they are too careful with their hero just racking up kills one at a time. As Yoda players usually do. But I digress, lol.

Indeed. He could be a worthless Officer farmer, but that isn't supported by the rest of his claims. Hence the video request. I have two hypotheses:

1. This person believes that they are good, but in reality they're terrible.
    2. This person is a liar.

There is one final explanation that I don't subscribe to, because:

tenor.gif?itemid=7459156

Edit: spelling
    Post edited by HansTheBest on

20th loss in a row.

It doesnt matter how good you are if the rest of the team doesnt play the objective, and the other team does.
  • Techkiddz wrote: »

20th loss in a row.

It doesnt matter how good you are if the rest of the team doesnt play the objective, and the other team does.

Video evidence will prove whether this is the case or not.
  • moonalien
    460 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    ive had a rotten experience playing tonight, what ever the game mode i played im on the losing team, i had a strike match that seemed to last forever when timer was up in overtime i think its called almost the whole enemy team kept the game going by keeping the package right at the top of maze's castle up them spiral stairs & killed who ever came close so had to quit, then HvV with all the runners... :(
  • It's an extremely rare scenario when I am not at least 2nd or 3rd place on my team and I'd say my win-loss ratio is pretty heavily weighted with Losses. I play the objective in GA, consistently place top on my team and lose a BUNCH
  • TW33NSW4G wrote: »
    It's an extremely rare scenario when I am not at least 2nd or 3rd place on my team and I'd say my win-loss ratio is pretty heavily weighted with Losses. I play the objective in GA, consistently place top on my team and lose a BUNCH

You are not alone.
    It's an extremely rare scenario when I am not at least 2nd or 3rd place on my team and I'd say my win-loss ratio is pretty heavily weighted with Losses. I play the objective in GA, consistently place top on my team and lose a BUNCH

This is when I ask people k/d ratio. Honestly k/d ratio gets a bad rap and people don't think that it matters in an objective based game, but imo it is the MOST important indicator of skill and ability to win. The simple fact remains that if I can burn through your tickets fast enough or take you out of commission long enough to prevent you from burning through my team's tickets, my team will win. Obtaining a bunch of points as an officer is insignificant next to the power of the kill.
  • Techkiddz wrote: »

20th loss in a row.

I'll back this up. This is my typical experience in GA.
  • I've lost 10 games in a row, 1st place 6 of those 10. I've not gotten past first phase on offense 4 games in a row, have not finished below second place in either game. The last game I was the only person on my team to press any of the objectives. It's fairly typical.
  • This is when I ask people k/d ratio. Honestly k/d ratio gets a bad rap and people don't think that it matters in an objective based game, but imo it is the MOST important indicator of skill and ability to win. The simple fact remains that if I can burn through your tickets fast enough or take you out of commission long enough to prevent you from burning through my team's tickets, my team will win. Obtaining a bunch of points as an officer is insignificant next to the power of the kill.[/quote]

I agree. I am consistently earning 3-6KDR in games with or without hero while playing the objective and being a team player. My biggest struggle is being the front line player, clearing an objective and my team sitting in a kill hall not moving up to the objective. Since GA is an attrition game with 100 lives, sitting in a kill hall on offense is one of the WORST things someone can do.

I do play games chill though, I don't blame people for not being a 'rush in' always kind of player, I have chill games too. But being on losing teams the vast majority of the time while you put in fat effort is rough.
  • That's ruff man....but what adding Jedi and Inquisitor reinforcements, pretty sweet idea. There's probably a post about it.
  • It seems weird that they are unable to team shuffle in this game, yet managed to implement it in BF 2015.
  • Strange how the matches go.
    The last 8 games i played GA .
    All ended up the defending team won for both sides.
    Maybe it is the wookiees after all. ;)

• This happens to me every time I try to play this game.
    It’s probably how well you play. Players who rank very high are often matched onto a statistically worse team(very casuals) against a team of sweaties. The matchmaking thinks that some people are statistically strong enough to turn the tide when any person knows it’s usually not possible when your own team plays like they have the screen off.
    The other possibility is you keep being unfortunate enough to be put against a party of people playing together. This is common as well
    The best way to avoid this is just join a round in progress if you can, or play a new mode from you’re usual. If the game keeps putting you in a steamroll on GA, just play extraction for a bit for example.
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif

This is when I ask people k/d ratio. Honestly k/d ratio gets a bad rap and people don't think that it matters in an objective based game, but imo it is the MOST important indicator of skill and ability to win. The simple fact remains that if I can burn through your tickets fast enough or take you out of commission long enough to prevent you from burning through my team's tickets, my team will win. Obtaining a bunch of points as an officer is insignificant next to the power of the kill.

While I tend to agree with you, this game’s dynamics make the k/d ratio skewed. Specialist(sniping) gets 16 kills, 2 deaths. 8:1. Officer goes 16 and 10. 8:5 ratio. The Officer however was buffing and using OP at the objectives. Who contributed more? Tanks, speeders, starships, all in GA really misrepresent k/d at all times. Heroes who spawn kill as the attacker without objective play really don’t help near as those who do, but will likely have a way higher ratio. A noob who can’t shoot but activates switches and does his best to maintain control zones vs an ace who simply hunts the enemy while ignoring objectives... Perhaps it’ll mean more in Conquest, but in GA with all the various types of objectives, who’s to say?
  • I have lost every game of Heroes vs Villains since late 2018. I think I'm in my 40s on losing streak.

Why is this happening? Could easily blame me since it's just a 4v4, but I often find myself with the highest score on my team. I also do really well on GA and Extraction (not hero oriented, but still).

I also had only a 13 % win rate in Battlefield V, having played only 64-player modes, where my skill is hardly a deciding factor in win/loss outcome. Such a low winrate is really strange, as over time, it should be somewhere around 50% for even the worst players.

The key here I think is EA/Dice's lack of functioning matchmaking. It's the only reason I can think of, being placed on the losing team 30 times in a row over a span of several months.

I don't have to win to have fun, I just want even games. Currently, Dice is not providing that.

Currently, the good people at Dice make my blood boil, I have to open the windows I'm so angry I'm sweating. I'm in my 30s, never hated a company so badly. I sit here, thinking it's personal. That Dice employees want me to lose every game for the rest of my life. I want to reciprocate.

The best option for me is to uninstall, and stay away from anything Dice makes in the future to avoid further dark thoughts. It's a shame, as I always loved every game Dice made up until BF4.
  • I remember reading a while back, either here or on Reditt that said they’re idea of matchmaking isn’t a close highly competitive match, it’s a blow out or something to that effect. It went something like gamers don’t like high stress competition or back and fourth competitive play or they’ll quit.

Basically it pits one stacked team vs a weak team so gamers get the feel good about doing well a few matches and later pits the losing/weak team in a stacked lobby, wish I could find it. Hope this isn’t true or it’s pretry sick imo.
  • Its this game team balancer, when your stats are realy good ( KD/SPM ) it thinks you can carry team of dead wood to victory. It doesnt work that way DICE
  • Sounds like if you're top 5 you have a hero, and your hero isn't swaying the battle