criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Game Update
Forest of Endor

It is hard to believe that I once liked Galactic Assault

2Next

Replies

• Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    So this is just another nerf thread.

When these things are dictating the outcome of the game's flagship mode something has to be done.
    Defbored wrote: »
    Favors the light side? There is plenty of maps of where the dark side gets the extra 600 bp after completing an objective.
    If what you're saying is true that wouldn't be the case.

Maybe I'm lucky, but I play plenty of games on the dark side where we stomp on the light side.

A single WW being able to clear a room full of troopers outweighs anything the darkside can buy with BP.

It only takes 2-3 people to pull off a wookiee cheese, me, @TonyGoombah1 , and @EventHorizionOH do it everytime.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    For me, as I already stated before, Heroes ruin the experience for me in GA. The sheer number of them that can be playable renders objective play and defense by infantry almost pointless, as troopers just become easy cannon fodder for the Hero player to spam their abilities on (almost all of them OHK infantry). No amount of tactical pushing by Troopers can get you in a room with Bossk or Palpatine when they spam lightning and grenades.

Sure, you can take a Hero down, but immediately, another one will spawn in, often the exact same one you just defeated. I hate that what so often determines the outcome of a match of GA is how many Hero players are on small objectives spamming their abilities on outclassed infantry. This makes the game neither balanced or enjoyable. The number of Heroes AND Enforcers needs to be reduced.

the problem is the map being so linear, the heros can always expect where the troopers are coming from. When troopers get the jump on a hero with a good ambush the hero is taking significant damage or dying. Heros will become slightly less op in a big open game mode like conquest because they wont be able to just focus on one tunnel or entrance all the time if its done right
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • Choke points are fine, they are essential for creating a proper battle scenario, running around in ones or twos for the full game is boring,

What GA suffers from is the fact that only one side has objectives, it shouldnt be attack vs defence, both teams should have something to push for and something to defend

Yes, that's why Supremacy in the last game was so much better than GA

• Lack of new content + hero spam = boring.

wookies are the problem not heroes
  • WodiQuix
    4559 posts Member
    EoTRampage wrote: »
    Lack of new content + hero spam = boring.

Hero spam is a big problem. There are simply too many of them on the field at once. The Beta had it perfect, IMO.
  • I usually win on both sides, but different strokes for different folks
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    EoTRampage wrote: »
    Lack of new content + hero spam = boring.

Hero spam is a big problem. There are simply too many of them on the field at once. The Beta had it perfect, IMO.

I usually don't have a problem with the heroes because either the WW end the game before the final phase or we do get to the final phase and the WW are already demolishing everything.

Theed- The WWs will always end the game on phase 2, if the light side team is competent
    Hoth- Again the WWs usually end the game on phase 2, but even if it does go to phase 3, the WW camping the tight tunnels make it impossible to take the objectives
    Kamino- Since the final phase is so horribly designed neither team's heroes even get into the fight because of the massive spam festival going on at the 2 entrances to the fusion core.
    Endor- On the final phase the WWs usually clear out the bunker before I can really notice the 4 enemy heroes

and there is more then those.

I'm pretty sure the teams I go against know how easily WW can auto win a game so they are picking them over the heroes and maybe thats why I'm not having too many issues with hero spam.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Wookiees completely ruin the mode if the lightside team isn't braindead.

If anything lightside should be balanced with weaker units because of the ability of their heroes to buff the team with things like extra health, speed, damage, wallhacks etc, but their enforcer is ridiculous, blowing up roomfulls of troopers at a time, and being able to solo DS heroes with Overload spam at half (or less) of the cost. Even their ariels and air vehicles are slightly better.

Meanwhile the darkside's heavier ground vehicles, which should be an advantage, are rendered irrelevant by the currently broken Ion Torps

I still play it because I like the large scale, but it is an unbalanced mess that almost always results in steamroll after steamroll. Walker Assault from BF2015 even worked far better, generally (once AT-AT health was adjusted to match each map).

I only play it to get my fix for large star wars battles, and our queen likes killing regular troopers. This was definately a downgrade from supremacy and Walker assault.

Our glorious leader is excellent at slaughtering even the wookiees. Is nothing Pulse cannon or TL-50 burst to their fat furry face can't deal with.

Problem is they're so cheap that any rebel goober with functioning brain can get enough BP in first stage to just spam wookiees for the rest of the game.

Every one you make into a carpet Is immediately replaced by another with reset imploder and overload cooldowns.

Yes killing the hairy abominations is quite fun with our Queen. Their pelts make fine trophies
    zi5ysmdhajud.png

Though as you said DICE made them cost pocket change BP and the map favors them all the time. DICE doesn't seem to care that they are ruining this mode because they have barely done anything about them since launch.

love this. Should be an unlockable outfit at 40k (80k gets crown, belt full of lightsabers and Billy Dee's Colt 45)

IMO Wookiee should simply be removed and replaced outside of Kashyyyk (which can be balanced around them)

With few exceptions (Chewie), during GCW era Wookies were slave labor loyal servants of the Empire

Traitors shouldn't have a big guy anyway. Not their style. Their speciality is hiding and running away.

How about the return of this old fellow, instead?

cteh1kkitla9.png

Yeah, annoying turds, but all the more fun to kill them.

Oh and Clones could get a generic Jedi, clone commando or Arc Trooper.

80,000 Credits for this skin, I'd even buy crystals for it.
    udvwstlctj9n.png

I'd even use real money on a skin where they add the hair style that she has in my Profile picture
    myiyupzfhrkl.png
    I want to give DICE my money but they need to give me Iden skins first.

The wookiee menace must be replaced, Bothan spies sound good but I'd even take giving them salvaged B2 super battle droids at this point.

d5vr33pr8mlc.png

and yeah, the sentient carpets have gotta go. Could replace em with
    bothans
    B2s
    species of that big guy from Rebels (could be a roundabout way to put the Bo-Rifle back in)
    Mandolorians
    a class that looks like that Baze guy from Rouge Wan.
    space whales

IDC at this point I'm just tired of fighting the Wookiee Alliance instead of Rebels.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member

If anything lightside should be balanced with weaker units because of the ability of their heroes to buff the team with things like extra health, speed, damage, wallhacks etc, but their enforcer is ridiculous, blowing up roomfulls of troopers at a time, and being able to solo DS heroes with Overload spam at half (or less) of the cost. Even their ariels and air vehicles are slightly better.

Meanwhile the darkside's heavier ground vehicles, which should be an advantage, are rendered irrelevant by the currently broken Ion Torps

I still play it because I like the large scale, but it is an unbalanced mess that almost always results in steamroll after steamroll. Walker Assault from BF2015 even worked far better, generally (once AT-AT health was adjusted to match each map).

I only play it to get my fix for large star wars battles, and our queen likes killing regular troopers. This was definately a downgrade from supremacy and Walker assault.

Our glorious leader is excellent at slaughtering even the wookiees. Is nothing Pulse cannon or TL-50 burst to their fat furry face can't deal with.

Problem is they're so cheap that any rebel goober with functioning brain can get enough BP in first stage to just spam wookiees for the rest of the game.

Every one you make into a carpet Is immediately replaced by another with reset imploder and overload cooldowns.

Yes killing the hairy abominations is quite fun with our Queen. Their pelts make fine trophies
    zi5ysmdhajud.png

Though as you said DICE made them cost pocket change BP and the map favors them all the time. DICE doesn't seem to care that they are ruining this mode because they have barely done anything about them since launch.

love this. Should be an unlockable outfit at 40k (80k gets crown, belt full of lightsabers and Billy Dee's Colt 45)

IMO Wookiee should simply be removed and replaced outside of Kashyyyk (which can be balanced around them)

With few exceptions (Chewie), during GCW era Wookies were slave labor loyal servants of the Empire

Traitors shouldn't have a big guy anyway. Not their style. Their speciality is hiding and running away.

cteh1kkitla9.png

udvwstlctj9n.png

I'd even use real money on a skin where they add the hair style that she has in my Profile picture
    myiyupzfhrkl.png
    I want to give DICE my money but they need to give me Iden skins first.

The wookiee menace must be replaced, Bothan spies sound good but I'd even take giving them salvaged B2 super battle droids at this point.

d5vr33pr8mlc.png

and yeah, the sentient carpets have gotta go. Could replace em with
    bothans
    B2s
    species of that big guy from Rebels (could be a roundabout way to put the Bo-Rifle back in)
    Mandolorians
    a class that looks like that Baze guy from Rouge Wan.
    space whales

IDC at this point I'm just tired of fighting the Wookiee Alliance instead of Rebels.

I think these guys fit the bill
    upf8gscoh7oq.jpeg

Our queen and others in the Imperial army will be eager to avenge Scarif
    bxijunqlm6mz.jpg

hojevrxvarht.png
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    This isn't balanced, we shouldn't have won this game but DICE loved the WW too much. Watch for the scoreboard at the beginning and the end.

Feat: @TonyGoombah1 @Landeaux2
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • SWymsa
    953 posts Member
    GA is pretty much cancer now, it's the only mode I'd play as it is the closest to what star WARS battlefront should be...
    They need to release large maps for Arcade so we players who CBA with MP nonsense and drama can play something decent.
  • SWymsa
    953 posts Member

zi5ysmdhajud.png

cteh1kkitla9.png

udvwstlctj9n.png

myiyupzfhrkl.png
    I'd even take giving them salvaged B2 super battle droids at this point.

Don't tempt the laziness
  • SWymsa wrote: »

zi5ysmdhajud.png

cteh1kkitla9.png

udvwstlctj9n.png

myiyupzfhrkl.png
    I'd even take giving them salvaged B2 super battle droids at this point.

Don't tempt the laziness

I'd take more skins for our beautiful queen anyday over colored stripes for clone meat puppet armor or alien heads.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Ppong_Man12
    2736 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I’ve said since beta that GA was 2nd rate and the gameplay is designed around casual sw fans. It’s spam and more spam that usually appeals to weaker more casual FPS/MP players that's just getting into online shooters imo.

The no stats was an early red flag, then stun everywhere, no skilled based competitive modes what so ever, bad map design that rewards spam, basically a large [email protected] game with infantry as a by product.

They've taken casual to the extreme though, it was all good when shiney and new but now that some of that SW paint has worn off it’s evident whats underneath. Not that it matters, but 99.9% of the good players I know have left this game, why would that be?

Those same guys think that only a new, totally revamped bf3 will bring back a large more competitive PB. Ea was going in the right direction with bf15 imo and somehow we have this.
  • Devlin21
    8330 posts Member
    Not even palpatine can deal with this imbalance.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    I’ve said since beta that GA was 2nd rate and the gameplay is designed around casual sw fans. It’s spam and more spam that usually appeals to weaker more casual FPS/MP players that's just getting into online shooters imo.

The no stats was an early red flag, then stun everywhere, no skilled based competitive modes what so ever, bad map design that rewards spam, basically a large [email protected] game with infantry as a by product.

They've taken casual to the extreme though, it was all good when shiney and new but now that some of that SW paint has worn off it’s evident whats underneath. Not that it matters, but 99.9% of the good players I know have left this game, why would that be?

Those same guys think that only a new, totally revamped bf3 will bring back a large more competitive PB. Ea was going in the right direction with bf15 imo and somehow we have this.

I honestly don't see how casuals can be enjoying a game where one side is pretty much scripted to win.

DICE thinks that a Wookiee Warrior should be better then a Sith Lord...
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    i wonder if dice has a system in play that keeps track of how many times light side/dark side wins/loses on each map. i would think that they do record this type of data for balancing purposes. over the life of the game they have made adjustments to spawns and capture times.

you can say its set up for this or for that but its really just anecdotal evidence. he said, she said type stuff doesn't mean anything if you really want to prove a point. i played five rounds of ga today. the dark side won three out of the five, but that doesn't mean anything. it would also mean nothing if it were the other way around.

a comprehensive collection of actual data would be kind of cool to see.
  • I disagree about phase 3 on Crait. Especially when the attacker has destroyed the first generator. The defending team foolishly falls back making it easier for the attacker to destroy the remaining generators.

And on Yavin, if the Empire is smart, they will take the courtyard first, because the can steamroll the east and west turbolasers with AT-STs. They can carry that momentum into phase 2 when they take the camp to the right. The temple to the left is a bit tougher, but now that the Senate in back in action, I've noticed it become easier.

Some maps are tougher when you don't have team mates who are thinking about the big picture and flanking, for sure.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Devlin21
    8330 posts Member
    i wonder if dice has a system in play that keeps track of how many times light side/dark side wins/loses on each map. i would think that they do record this type of data for balancing purposes. over the life of the game they have made adjustments to spawns and capture times.

you can say its set up for this or for that but its really just anecdotal evidence. he said, she said type stuff doesn't mean anything if you really want to prove a point. i played five rounds of ga today. the dark side won three out of the five, but that doesn't mean anything. it would also mean nothing if it were the other way around.

They know everything we do. How do you think they balance the maps all the time.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    edited August 2018

They know everything we do. How do you think they balance the maps all the time.

they should know more than us. i know that cod developers can tell you exactly how much of the player base is using a certain perk. exact numbers though. not just "most of". and not based on player experience but based on measured values.

seeing real analytics related to win/loss ratios on each ga map would be pretty cool.
  • Clone201
    3903 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Not even palpatine, bossk, vader, and iden versio (or whoever else here) together deal with this imbalance.

Fixed...

seeing real analytics related to win/loss ratios on each ga map would be pretty cool.

I'm about certain the LS has the highest win ratio in Galactic Assault, as much as the DS has the highest in HvV, if teams are not so one-sided that is.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    Clone201 wrote: »
    Not even palpatine, bossk, vader, and iden versio (or whoever else here) together deal with this imbalance.

Fixed...

I'm about certain the LS has the highest win ratio in Galactic Assault, as much as the DS has the highest in HvV, if teams are not so one-sided that is.

At this point they might as well allow the darkside to field all their heroes given that the light side have their 4 along with 5 WW which are basically heroes themselves.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Not even palpatine can deal with this imbalance.

With no cargo/dropzone and only 2 maps for extraction I'm bettin on conquest, hope it delivers.

I honestly don't see how casuals can be enjoying a game where one side is pretty much scripted to win.

DICE thinks that a Wookiee Warrior should be better then a Sith Lord...

It's tough for casuals from the beginning no doubt, especially not knowing the maps, and with a few of the starter weapons being awful, then the lack of not knowing what and how to win. Much of this paying you dues so to speak is what's gonna help all that, it takes a little time.

What I'm saying is much/most of this game can be learned without having to be a great fps/mp player. Are there skilled players, sure, most being hero players in my experience, but again, it's a game that an average player can be really good at when they learn the ropes.
  • Defbored wrote: »

The data would forever be open to interpretation, unless they actually see the players in action constantly they wont know if someone or some people have had a good game or a below average game, the wrong players might get the wrong hero at the wrong time etc

Theres no way they can look at just wins and losses, hell they can't even look at what heroes are used the most because the amount of random players that could skew the results
    This isn't balanced, we shouldn't have won this game but DICE loved the WW too much. Watch for the scoreboard at the beginning and the end.

lmao dat recharge command. May as well let Officers carry around buckets full of imploders for the Wookiees to take.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member

lmao dat recharge command. May as well let Officers carry around buckets full of imploders for the Wookiees to take.

If these generic voiced guys are able to make you immune to funfire by just shouting at you and magically give you more hand grenades imagine what Gunny's voice would do.
    z2r54qm5ht6k.jpg
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • JackTHorn
    3718 posts Member

It's a problem for sure. But Recharge Command is great. Limit the Wookiees, not the Officers. A limit of 2 Enforcers at a time in GA (maybe 1 in small modes) would bottleneck the problem without taking a good ability from Officers.
  • JD25
    257 posts Member
    Months ago I would have said I liked galactic assault (I would have sifted though my all my replies but I'm too lazy) but looking back I find it hard to believe that I said such thing.

Every map favors the defenders/light side so heavily it feels so pointless to even try sometimes, Phase 2 of Naboo, Phase 4 of Kamino, Phase 3 of Endor, Phase 2 and 3 of Hoth, just about every phase on Yavin, Phase 3 of Crait.

The wookiee warrior just so broken in this mode, constant throwing of room clearing grenades in the choke points the attackers have no choice but advance through (if they want to win that is).

I have been on some pretty bad teams that have been just getting ran over but someone simply picking Finn makes us win at the end.

I'm convinced that the only reason the light side loses in this mode is because the darkside was just too incompetent and I don't mean that in a mean way I'm just saying that wookiee cheese combined with Yofinn is just so unstoppable.

Mos Eisley, Death Star 2, and Kashyyyk are the only enjoyable maps I ever play on and I think that is kinda sad given that this is supposed to be the flashship mode for this game.

i really can't wait for the new conquest like mode to come, this game very much needs it. I hope it doesn't have chokepoints.

Isn't it Canon for the Light Side to be heavily favored?
  • Clone201
    3903 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    JD25 wrote: »
    Months ago I would have said I liked galactic assault (I would have sifted though my all my replies but I'm too lazy) but looking back I find it hard to believe that I said such thing.

Every map favors the defenders/light side so heavily it feels so pointless to even try sometimes, Phase 2 of Naboo, Phase 4 of Kamino, Phase 3 of Endor, Phase 2 and 3 of Hoth, just about every phase on Yavin, Phase 3 of Crait.

The wookiee warrior just so broken in this mode, constant throwing of room clearing grenades in the choke points the attackers have no choice but advance through (if they want to win that is).

I have been on some pretty bad teams that have been just getting ran over but someone simply picking Finn makes us win at the end.

I'm convinced that the only reason the light side loses in this mode is because the darkside was just too incompetent and I don't mean that in a mean way I'm just saying that wookiee cheese combined with Yofinn is just so unstoppable.

Mos Eisley, Death Star 2, and Kashyyyk are the only enjoyable maps I ever play on and I think that is kinda sad given that this is supposed to be the flashship mode for this game.

i really can't wait for the new conquest like mode to come, this game very much needs it. I hope it doesn't have chokepoints.

Isn't it Canon for the Light Side to be heavily favored?

Lol, games shouldn't be balanced around Canon / Legends. They should be balanced around... balance?

And plus, the DS are heavily favored in HvV somehow, like they're full of plot armor for once... >:) >:) >:)
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?

If these generic voiced guys are able to make you immune to funfire by just shouting at you and magically give you more hand grenades imagine what Gunny's voice would do.
    z2r54qm5ht6k.jpg

Gunny: "Youre so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece"

Wookie: *growls*

It wouldn't be the first time he led a Space Force

JackTHorn wrote: »

It's a problem for sure. But Recharge Command is great. Limit the Wookiees, not the Officers. A limit of 2 Enforcers at a time in GA (maybe 1 in small modes) would bottleneck the problem without taking a good ability from Officers.

they just should treat the wookiees like heroes and not allow either to get their abilities back from Officer.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

z2r54qm5ht6k.jpg

Gunny: "Youre so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece"

Wookie: *growls*

It wouldn't be the first time he led a Space Force

JackTHorn wrote: »

they just should treat the wookiees like heroes and not allow either to get their abilities back from Officer.

Gunny would be a good asset, whip the death troopers, Lord Vader, and THE SENATE into shape, HOWEVER if he raised his voice at our Queen he would have to be executed.
    hojevrxvarht.png