criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Star Wars Battlefront II - Release Notes - August Patch

Replies

• How about draning stamina for shooters that just constantly roll and sabers that just constantly jump around in heros vs villians its so annoying that players don't play they just dodge jump and roll
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I like the idea of stamina for rolling.
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • also when will the shooting heros get fixed they can shoot while dodging and shooting while doing their getting up animation and as soon as they land on the ground or an ability is not holding them they can shoot while they are trying to get up from stumbling. the shooter heros are too OP with these abilities.
  • I literally haven’t been able to play a game for a month due to the Ping issue. Countless waiting around in empty lobbies or (if I’m lucky enough to enter a match) its from some OS server where the lag is almost painful. Now it won’t be fixed until the next update, which I’m guessing will be late August now? So that’s 2 months of being forced out of the game.

I have played this game daily since the first week of pre-order and have fought in your corner through every piece of negativity and controversy that’s been thrown at you. But now its just getting tiresome.

I’m not angry. I’m just bitterly dissapointed.
  • Will the officer class get nerfed? Officer class broken
  • So i still can't find a single online Game (German Here) No matter wich Connection i choose (No, Ireland also does not work). And EA, as usual, ignores it. I did not buy a single EA game since the C&C Generals debacle. And now i remember why i choosed to be this strict. They don't give a *****. So here we Go, another 20 years of avoiding EA. ***** Publisher.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Emperor Palpatine and Ewok Hunt are back! The issues that required us to temporarily disable both have been fixed in this patch. In addition to that we’ve deployed balancing updates to lightsaber heroes in Galactic Assault that should make them viable again. Give them a try and let us know what you think. We also addressed the stuttering upon hard-lock issue in Hero tw
    Starfighters.

Finally we want to thank you for your patience while we were working on addressing these key problems! Your feedback is valuable to us so please keep sending it along as we continue to improve the game.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

CHANGES
    • Palpatine has been added back to the game
    • Fixed an issue with Palpatine being very overpowered by restricting the angle from which the player could lock on with his lighting ability
    • Fixed an issue with Palpatine being able to lock onto targets through walls
    • Ewok Hunt has been added back to the game
    • Fixed an issue in Ewok Hunt where Stormtroopers were unable to board the shuttle
    • Rebalanced stamina for lightsaber heroes
    • Fixed an issue in Hero Starfighters on PC where players experienced a short stuttering before being locked on
    • Fixed an issue with Extraction where objective markers were misplaced on Kessel and Jabba’s Palace

Awesome!
  • Kerle wrote: »
    Maybe you'd like a pink Unicorn that poops rainbows on top of your list?
    That's an option? Really? When?!!

5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • moltentown
    198 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Just played my first Ewok Hunt match. It's so fun! I'm glad it's back. :) reminds me of a horror game.
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    moltentown wrote: »
    Just played my first Ewok Hunt match. It's so fun! I'm glad it's back. :) reminds me of a horror game.

It’s actually really fun when you allow it to be.
  • should make it to where you can buy emotes in the game with in game creidits, because i dont have any for most of my characters
  • So I just got one and I played 3 Games of hero vs villains the last match their was a glitch or hacker that somehow managed to have two Emperor Palpa team on screen at the same time need patch or you guys need to investigate I have video and I have pictures of them using them together
  • Blaster still can shoot while freezed , falled . choked
    FIX THIS NOW
  • Ever since I got update 1.17 every multi-player game mood is empty and it seems like I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I hope this will get fix soon
  • Can you fix HVV matchmaking??? Every match I've played has been a lopsided mismatch.

As soon as one team gets the lead, half my teammates stop playing and just suicide until the match ends so they can get credit for the match, and then guess what... the teams hardly ever change and the same thing happens all over again. WTF. No balancing, terrible MM.

The spawn locations are horrible and just lead to the losing team members not having any support because their teammates are respawning on the other side of the map, which leads to you having to go 1 v TEAM in every interaction.

BTW, I just started playing so maybe these have already been mentioned.

And being a brand new player having to go up against fully upgraded star card players in every game is really really fun... LUL

HVV in SWBF 1 is actually way better than this.

• I just dont know what to say. love this game, but after they returned Palpatine back it got worse for me. i just dont know if anyone has same problems as i do. i tried just about everything i could think of, clean memory, screw the shaders over, uncap cores on cpu etc. etc. game for some ***** reason now freezes, stutters more than before and makes CTD. and no, frame rate is good. 60 to 80 on high, works good, the problems are stuttering and freezes. also, the game constantly has connection issues, and this is the only game that has this issue, it had them before sure but looks like its far worse now. loading time was also a problem. yesterday took me 5 minutes to turn on the game while it is being stored on SSD. and everything is fine with SSD, everything else loads lighting fast except this. the hackers are problem from before, you cant tell me that you can unlock the 8000 point hero in first minute of the game and then cant kill him during entire match and also dudes performing constant headshots no matter what you do. there is also new slight bug with double corsshairs overlapping one another, zoom in not working properly and grenade killing me tru a wall in another room. i just gave up after 2 hours of trying and swearing like a complete savage. i love this game and i know you guys are trying but come on... :(
  • Will we have Crossplay? Very difficult to find players, Crossplay among other platforms would solve this problem.
    There could only be crossplay between Xbox and PS4. Playing on PC is a completely different game, in terms of movement and accuracy. It would be terrible to play against PC players on a PS4.

• Amarth5150 wrote: »
    - All sound suddenly disappearing. Every single player in the game has this issue.
    Is this on PC? Because I have never experienced this on PS4.
  • HolgerL wrote: »
    Will we have Crossplay? Very difficult to find players, Crossplay among other platforms would solve this problem.
    There could only be crossplay between Xbox and PS4. Playing on PC is a completely different game, in terms of movement and accuracy. It would be terrible to play against PC players on a PS4.

I think thats up to Sony and MS
  • carver206 wrote: »
    i wish you guys could add obi wan, anakin skywalker, jango fett, and general grevious as heroes because thats what im kinda looking for and wishing. =/

Obi-wan, Anakin, Grievous and Dooku are confirmed heroes/villains in Clone Wars season coming this fall and winter. It was announced in june. Check the roadmap.
  • Where is the Naboo N-1 Starfighter for Hero Starfighters?
  • Where is the Naboo N-1 Starfighter for Hero Starfighters?
    We miss it in SA too :)
  • HolgerL wrote: »
    Will we have Crossplay? Very difficult to find players, Crossplay among other platforms would solve this problem.

From what I understand, Sony is firmly against crossplay. It's a pity.
  • Devlin21
    8329 posts Member
    moltentown wrote: »
    HolgerL wrote: »

Fortnite tho
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• moltentown wrote: »
    HolgerL wrote: »

Fortnite tho

Oh, it changed its stance? That's cool. Still no Xbox to PS4 from what I just read. Someday, I guess.
  • But what about galactic conquest I really throght you guys from EA were working on galactic conquest. Are guys from EA still working on galactic conquest?
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    Where is the Naboo N-1 Starfighter for Hero Starfighters?
    It’s not coming. We haven’t seen any news on that subject at all. Not unless f8rge says something in this post about it.
  • I am not sure if anyone mentioned this yet. But is there a possibility that you might add the V-19 torrent starfighter?
  • There's still an issue when you're selecting your class and waiting to respawn somtimes you can see the prop of another character yet no character has been selectd I think its a bug
  • Goomas
    94 posts Member
    Fuzzbap wrote: »
    Are the Xbox One X hanging on quit to menu and crashing the console on claiming a crate issues getting fixed?

I played last night and it seemed to be fixed. Not sure until I try more times though.
  • Any hero balancing coming, like Boba Fett changes?

Omg, is this all people care about? Tired of a thousand hero adjustments every update instead of actual new content
  • Just as long as Jetpack Cargo is NEVER brought back. That has to be the worst game mode ever. The fact there was never a match played on the PC during this last trial says it all.
  • Oooh nice, good notice, but... what happen with servers and empty lobbies?? XD im solo in lobby right now... and this is my 6 try.... so look like i will not play today, one more time.
    Dice dev's could lower the player's required to play down to 2 players for any online mode and let fill up on their own.
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    Any hero balancing coming, like Boba Fett changes?

Omg, is this all people care about? Tired of a thousand hero adjustments every update instead of actual new content

The reason people want things to be balanced is because the new content is gonna suck if it’s not balanced beforehand. For example, the stamina thing which is fixed now would have ruined any future lightsaber heroes if it were not fixed.
  • Two terrible things that's is in this "Patch" "Hotfix".Palpatine and the "Ewok hunt".Why Dice team why?Why did you also remove the best and the most balanced game mode in the game?Jet Pack Cargo where did you go????Come back! Please! Only skilled players could could enjoy JPC.Well have fun mowing down rebel troopers with ol' Palp and have even more fun playing " Ewok hunt" with all the children,in your empty lobby's.
  • If you're still having the ping and empty lobby issue, then follow these steps and it should fix it until a patch is released.

rfxw3hw6lsyt.jpg
  • Can you fix HVV matchmaking??? Every match I've played has been a lopsided mismatch.

As soon as one team gets the lead, half my teammates stop playing and just suicide until the match ends so they can get credit for the match, and then guess what... the teams hardly ever change and the same thing happens all over again. WTF. No balancing

The spawn locations are horrible and just lead to the losing team members not having any support because their teammates are respawning on the other side of the map, which leads to you having to go 1 v TEAM in every interaction.

BTW, I just started playing so maybe these have already been mentioned.

And being a brand new player having to go up against fully upgraded star card players in every game is really really fun... LUL

HVV in SWBF 1 is actually way better than this.

• after the empty lobbies now the game doesn't even launch wtf what the hell is going on?
  • Zenu
    3 posts Member
    godonnell5 wrote: »
    after the empty lobbies now the game doesn't even launch **** what the **** is going on?

I had to reinstall whole game once due to similar problem. Not even repair tool from the Origin would fix the problem.
  • RC2074
    135 posts Member
    August 9, so far ... nada.. no Clone Trooper Apearances nor emotes or victory poss as announced..
    Ergo still waiting....
    Regarding maps.. still the same .. becoming very redundant.. actual dates on when would be nice EA.
  • MrSATAN1999
    84 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    RC2074 wrote: »
    August 9, so far ... nada.. no Clone Trooper Apearances nor emotes or victory poss as announced..
    Ergo still waiting....
    Regarding maps.. still the same .. becoming very redundant.. actual dates on when would be nice EA.

August update wasn't supposed to arrive before August 9th by the way.
    It usually arrives around the 15th except for the July Update that they probably anticipated because of staff holidays. We tend to forget that there are humans behind thos patches...
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    Ergo still waiting....

It usually arrives around the 15th except for the July Update that they probably anticipated because of staff holidays. We tend to forget that there are humans behind thos patches...

How about they just take sullust from battlefront 2015 and just put it as a galactic assualt or conquest.
  • It would be nice to be able to filter games you didn't want to play for example if you'd dint want to play as first order or resistance just clones, droids, empire and rebels
  • HvV_pro
    449 posts Member
    Ike4175 wrote: »
    How about draning stamina for shooters that just constantly roll and sabers that just constantly jump around in heros vs villians its so annoying that players don't play they just dodge jump and roll

Shoot better
  • Since the update Tuesday, every time I try to get back to the main menu page, it hangs. I have to exit the game and restart and, even a few times, had to completely reboot my Xbox to get back in.

I have never in my life had a game so buggy. There are so many things that just don't work that did work when the game was released - challenges I don't get credit for, scan dart doesn't work 30% of the time, sometimes can't tell where packages are in Strike, told I don't have enough battle points to get a Special Unit when I obviously do. Not to mention the worst lag I've ever experienced in a multiplayer game. The more fixes/updates that are released, the worse it seems to get. All the hype and press about the new features, maps and characters to come, how about just fixing what we already have? This is really getting ridiculous.
  • If you're still having the ping and empty lobby issue, then follow these steps and it should fix it until a patch is released.

rfxw3hw6lsyt.jpg

On Xbox One, I've also had luck with choosing "Switch Profile" on the Home page to log out and back in and I usually find something immediately.
  • MBSONIC wrote: »
    Ergo still waiting....

How about they just take sullust from battlefront 2015 and just put it as a galactic assualt or conquest.

I agree on that. Keeping on bringing back old maps from BF2015 sure is a good idea and doesn't seem to be a lot of efforts (at least, less than creating all new content).
  • Yes, yes... but what about the droid attack on the wookies??
  • I just went over 1.2 million credits.

ti5hbnubyyjf.jpg
  • Are you ***** kidding me? Palpatine's lightning still goes through the ***** walls!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!