criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Update - Ping Site Issues

Replies

• Has Battlefield ever had these problems?
    Their next one is out this October.
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • I am sick of this
    i had an EA access account
    i have now deleted it and will never subscribe again
    if i want to play a game i'll buy it second hand and much cheaper than their smoke and mirror show

I suggest if you have this you also delete it

they will only change when the cash runs out

#Awfulcustomerservice
    #deathofstarwarsunderEAandDICE
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Yo!

I get that people are frustrated. I do, whether ya believe me or not. But I do have to step in and remind folks that we have forum rules in place and the rules do need to be followed. This includes keeping the language appropriate (a good guideline would be - can you say it in a Star Wars movie?), and to act civilly and respectfully.

If you're frustrated with the ping site issues, that's okay and understandable - but you need to express it in a respectful, constructive fashion.
  • I think that people would be complaining about this 50% less if we had conquest in arcade, as all units would be available offline in a large scale game mode... BFll 2005 had all content offline, and 32 AI per team(and 64 player games, but lets not go there yet), so it is concievable...
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Wow. This really should be top priority.

No the top priority should be trying to rule the galaxy
    Also taking over every company that tries to tear down the quality of Star Wars
    bb58a33c3w9t.jpg

Platform: Xbox 1

Discord: https://discord.gg/tHYfUTW
  • Your handling of this is horrible.
  • audiodistortion
    121 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Haven't been able to play for 2 days now, everytime it's an empty server miles away that never fills / not even 1 more person.

Sick of this...

How about you fix the game in a respectful, constructive fashion.
  • Except from the ping issues, don't forget that this is summer time guys. Real people going back to real life = Less players online in every games. I have no difficulties playing all mods in the evening though.
  • The servers/ping problem needs to be fixed asap
    This is a world game people
    I'm still in winter ;)
  • Good thing is that i finished main campaign. Hope tommorow maintenance fix ping problems..
  • Good thing is that i finished main campaign. Hope tommorow maintenance fix ping problems..

I did it on HUD for scopes only on special forces difficulty... With sniper rifles that I rarely used scope... The headshots were strong on me, even without the scope.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Is the language in this thread really more vulgar than this ping site issue or the lack of action on it-which includes the worst communication I've ever experienced?

To quote the great Captain Jack Sparrow — 'The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem'

• Is the language in this thread really more vulgar than this ping site issue or the lack of action on it-which includes the worst communication I've ever experienced? To those suffering with the issue the language is the least of our concerns. I find it frustrating that an unapproved word gets more attention and communication than the actual problems that created the frustration and unapproved language in the first place.

Think of the children... and them coming up to you every 3 minutes complaining that Star Wars won't let them join and if they did something wrong.
  • KazJim wrote: »
    Is the language in this thread really more vulgar than this ping site issue or the lack of action on it-which includes the worst communication I've ever experienced?

To quote the great Captain Jack Sparrow — 'The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem'

The problem doesn't go away by ignoring it for a month either. Blame the gamer who complains that his game doesn't work instead, it's just their attitude? LOL.
  • The problem doesn't go away by ignoring it for a month either. Blame the gamer who complains that his game doesn't work instead, it's just their attitude? LOL.

I was actually agreeing with you - it was sarcasm.
  • As I tweeted Ben last night, I held out and waited for updates, news or any sign of urgency on EA/Dice's behalf around this... even a simple 'Hey guys, it's passed testing and heading for certification' or similar would be acceptable

There has been no new info, no timelines and no sense of urgency at all.

So I resubbed with WoW and have walked away.

The game is good, the bugs and urgency around fixing and communicating? not so much, or at all.

As I tweeted Ben last night, I held out and waited for updates, news or any sign of urgency on EA/Dice's behalf around this... even a simple 'Hey guys, it's passed testing and heading for certification' or similar would be acceptable

The game is good, the bugs and urgency around fixing and communicating? not so much, or at all.
    I love Battlefront 2! It works so well, no bugs, no havkers, it has balance, and many maps. It even has conquest!
    Oh, I meant the good one. 2005. 'Cause I can actually play the game. For 50 bucks less too...
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
    As I tweeted Ben last night, I held out and waited for updates, news or any sign of urgency on EA/Dice's behalf around this... even a simple 'Hey guys, it's passed testing and heading for certification' or similar would be acceptable

Ben said news is coming next week. Patch possibly as well.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Ben said news is coming next week. Patch possibly as well.

I have no words to describe how pathetic it is that we need a roadmap for the roadmap.

I would play this game all the time, but the lack of content that was promised is unbearable. I'm playing Monster Hunter World for now. That game's not perfect, but at least there's no lag and multiplayer works *most* of the time.

Ben said news is coming next week. Patch possibly as well.

p3b4f7fkxbad.gif
    ?????
  • Ben said news is coming next week. Patch possibly as well.

Cool, WoW had a login server issue that affected about 20% of their players - it was fixed within 2 hours.
    Compare to two months.

I stand by my statement.

Sure, if they fix it and it works, I'll probably log in from time to time, but I'll never put hope in EA/Dice ever again....

2 months.

8 weeks.

GAME BREAKING ISSUE FOR MANY PLAYERS.
  • Except from the ping issues, don't forget that this is summer time guys. Real people going back to real life = Less players online in every games. I have no difficulties playing all mods in the evening though.

Might be sumnmer where you are, but it is winter where I am. The game is not restricted to one nation/region thanks.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • I was actually agreeing with you - it was sarcasm.
    Why hasn't anyone invented the sarcasm font, yet?

Yeah, why hasn't any of the tech magazines made noise about this. You'd think it'd be all over the news feeds. I highly doubt anyone that matters at EA even reads this board. It's just here to satiate our unhappiness.
  • oops, should be 'havn't'

Might be sumnmer where you are, but it is winter where I am. The game is not restricted to one nation/region thanks.

Sorry, my mistake !
    Still, most servers and the developpers are based in the Northern hemisphere.
    In France I had the impression that servers were empty but from 5PM to 2AM I have no difficulties joining any game, that's why I had this therory.
  • Well, @F8RGE should be reading comments, distilling them in the data-driven chunks, and feeding that back to his managers so they can put together a heat map on the community's most pressing problems. Maybe that's happening already, but seems like the game is largely ignored. As is the community.
  • And what happends wich PC?
  • Today finally i played on german server, smooth and slick :)
  • I'm usually one for calm so I will try it here once, probably to no effect but maybe it will keep the thread open for slightly longer.

Has DICE provided barely any communication or actually committment to fixing what is to some, game breaking issues (cant play has to he game breaking)? Yes.

Has this ping issue been going on now for more than a month with only token gestures that it's being looked at (missed in the last hotfix)? Yes

Is everyone really frustrated that they essentially have a game they paid for that is now not useable? Yes

All that being said, this is rant yes. it wont help them to fix or prioritize it any faster. The game is what it is at this point. it's not going to change anytime soon. The poor communication and game breaking bugs every patch will continue regardless of this forum. I'm sure most are past the wanting notify DiCE about the problem phase, unless you just bought the game and havent experience the joy of endless bugs and lack of updated information. The only thing the rant will do is help to get it off peoples chest, and there is some value in that. its venting. none of the Mods work for DICE and are only volunteers. F0RGE could pass the feedback along but has little control over the actual content of the game. also it's already been passed along and not much more he can do except to tell DICE customers are done and this is it, the end of the line.

Finally, I think mods are just saying regardless of the anger and rage people have for a certain issue, we should still follow the forum rules or it will get closed. it's as simple as that.

Thanks
  • sukebe7 wrote: »
    Has Battlefield ever had these problems?
    Their next one is out this October.

Battlefield IV (another DICE sweden cluster)
    Took 1 and a half years before it was truly playable.
    Alot of the mistakes there ended up in SW BF 2, mostly due to the crappy Frostbite engine.
    DICE Frostbite based games are the only ones with the joy of rubber banding ...
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    If you're frustrated with the ping site issues, that's okay and understandable - but you need to express it in a respectful, constructive fashion.

What is there constructive to say about an issue that has been going on for longer than 1 month (it's coming up on 2 months for me) when in our experience other development studios seem to be able to manage bugs like this in less than a day? Come on Dice. Do better.
  • DICE, with all due respect, the longer people cannot even play a match in this game, the smaller the player base will get. Could you kindly ensure all players are able to at least play in matches again?

Was that nice enough?

At this point it is getting beyond ridiculous the amount of time it has been going on ...
  • dirgerex wrote: »
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Yo!

I get that people are frustrated. I do, whether ya believe me or not. But I do have to step in and remind folks that we have forum rules in place and the rules do need to be followed. This includes keeping the language appropriate (a good guideline would be - can you say it in a Star Wars movie?), and to act civilly and respectfully.

You do understand people have paid money for a game they can barely play, right?

You do understand people are frustrated with the lack of response, the lack of initiative, and the lack of focus on a game they paid money for, right?

Dice hasn't proven to be responsible over the near or long term.

The community isn't happy. Whatever you aren't telling or informing the community is having a negative effect. The lack of transparency, the willingness to let game-breaking bugs persist for longer than 2 weeks (I get it, Dice is probably using AGILE), and the sheer lack of connectedness to the community (though Forge does try) is creating a vortex of negativity for nostalgia and new players.

The community wants to be happy. Make gamers and their community happy. That's a simple motto for which Dice and EA should live by and adhere to. Please do it!

Yes, this is my first (or second) rant. Yes, I'm getting REALLY **** that I can't get into a game reliably.

Well said. It is too bad that this content that is coming is getting dumped in the middle of the release of a bunch of other games.
  • The servers/ping problem needs to be fixed asap
    This is a world game people
    I'm still in winter ;)

Thank you, the world is more than each persons own view out their window.
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    Yo!

How would you like me to express the fact I haven't been able to play your $80 game in almost 2 months now in a "respectful" fashion exactly?

Fair question.
  • Let me get this straight, Clone Wars is coming, but I cannot play the game... Thats like asking for 5 grand, being told you are getting it, and having a check made out to your banking account but getting your assets frozen.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    Let me get this straight, Clone Wars is coming, but I cannot play the game... Thats like asking for 5 grand, being told you are getting it, and having a check made out to your banking account but getting your assets frozen.

Its getting fixed in August, been said multiple times.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Let me get this straight, Clone Wars is coming, but I cannot play the game... Thats like asking for 5 grand, being told you are getting it, and having a check made out to your banking account but getting your assets frozen.

For people who have been affected by this since early July, this as the only answer given by the developers is frustrating though and their reasoning for the long delays till fixes are released as well, Battlefront 2 is not the only game on multiple platforms, yet other companies seem to get their bug fixes, not actual content updates, approved with no time.
  • EA is doing irrevocable harm to this game. it was maybe not savable as a viable product after the gambling loot box disaster, but the only conclusion you can reasonable draw from the lack of communication and disrespect to the player base is that they don't really care if you leave or not.

So that's what I've done. only playing witcher 3, but will "watch (t)his career with great interest"

who in their right mind would believe this will be fixed 100% in august?
  • Balzano
    84 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    There is a fix for the problem. Or a work around. Do the following guys.
    * Start the game
    * Go into Options, EA account
    * Choose desired region. (i play in germany)
    * Alt+tab out. Go to origin, press "action" or whatever the name is and choose Go Offline
    * Now go back into the game, press connect.

You should now be in the right region and can find a game.

You HAVE to do it between every lobby for it to work.

and to EA Games, Screw You for abandoning the playerbase that actually pays your salary and supports you. You do nothing to return the favor.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Another workaround that I've started using is before looking for a match, go in to options/EA Account and just wait for the ping site to populate (don't change anything unless it's giving you a bad site), then try to find a match. Then go back in to options/EA Account and wait for the ping site to populate again. If it takes more than 5-7 seconds, cancel out and rinse/repeat. I've been having VERY good success with this method and it's a lot faster than having to disconnect the ethernet cable. No problems finding matches in any mode, all weekend.
  • Grim2006
    33 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    EA_Tom wrote: »

2. Xbox One only - deleting cloud saves
    • On Home, pull the right trigger, and then press A to open My games and apps.
    • Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
    • Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for your gamertag under Saved Data, and then press A on your controller.
    • Choose Delete everywhere.
    • Restart Console.

-Tom
    @EA_Tom

I tried this fix and it didn't work. All that happened was having to re-equip every card, select all my skins, set my emotes & Victory posses again.

Oh and the real kick in the pants was my progress in Arcade with all my battle scenarios being reset. I was just a couple away from having this done to now having to open them all up again and do each level. Not only was my star progress reset so were all the kills, head-shots ect... that I still had left to get the achievements. yeah I know should have done them but I enjoy the online play more than the arcade.

August is almost done...
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • it dont work
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!