criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

How long have you been on hiatus with bf2?

Prev1
for those gamers who have taken a break from bf2 for whatever reason, I'd be curious to know why and also the last time you played.

for me it's been about a week. since it played bf2. I did the first day of double xp weekend. but then had some events planned with friends Saturday and Sunday. I recently got madden 19 and farcry 5 on discount so have been grinding through those. probably early sept I will trade both of those (discs) and put the money towards next nba game. I'll dip back into bf2 after August update to see what's new. but am not too excited for anything upcoming in Sept. unless they tell us obiwan/grevious will arrive in Sept. I doubt it though. Oct is red dead time

Replies

• I've gotten pretty good at switching it up, in an attempt to keep it fresh. Some nights after work I've been playing far cry 5, some nights GTA online, some nights mad max. Keeping battlefront on rotation for the weekends. Also Steve, you on ps4? mafia 3 is free right now,severely underrated game IMO. It will also familiarize you with New Bordeaux, also appearing in red dead 2. Which I'm desperately awaiting myself ;)
  • I already have been playing that as well (ps plus finally paying off after years of trash). But hard to fit them all in. bf2 is out of the rotation for now.
  • I have barely played 2-3h since Palpatine got kill switched since I was a bit bored and that patch got too many bugs that aren't fixed yet.
  • Double XP weekend. We finally maxed out Assault, heavy and Enfrocers. Tried cod bo during beta and hated it. Spending most gaming time in Battlefield 4 now.
  • I have been taking a break because of a bunch of volunteer jobs I had to do, and that was for like 3 weeks. Then my got really sick over the past few days and we had to put her down yesterday. I know it doesn't seem like I am sad, but trust me, there is an empty void in my heart where she used to be.
    I will probably start playing again, next week when the update goes live.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Only took a hiatus to play far cry 5, once I finished the single player it was straight back to the front.
  • The follow up should be are you on hiatus because content is dry, or just due to other new games/lack of time.
  • For me its been over a week and it’s not like I intended to stop I just didn’t want to play.
  • Definitely not due to lack of time just other games (like Black Ops 4 beta),
  • I'm going on a couple months now.
    Stopped right after Solo Season.

Hesitant to return...
  • Alex64
    5845 posts Member
    I will be forever if they don't fix all the problems.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    I will be forever if they don't fix all the problems.

This...

Content is nice, but persistent bugs are killing the experience.
  • also what about just the excitement in general? this is why people normally gravitate towards new games. its fresh, exciting etc. but weve been on the same stale content since end of 2017 now. so not much to get excited about time to play some new games for a while.
  • CorpseMaker77
    480 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I have been paying since day one (XBox). So I have been dealing with all the issues in this game since the beginning. But I insist playing because I love Battlefront. Also played BF2015 for two years everyday until this one got released.

If I post my complaints here it is for a good reason, because I want more content, stable servers, new characters, new modes.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    also what about just the excitement in general? this is why people normally gravitate towards new games. its fresh, exciting etc. but weve been on the same stale content since end of 2017 now. so not much to get excited about time to play some new games for a while.
    Yea even just a small update would bring me back.
  • It was a month hiatus until a few days ago. Longest was 2 months... at some point between TLJ and Solo season. I’m always pleasantly surprised when it appears that I haven’t lost a step... meaning better than most despite not playing much. Is BF2 like riding a bike?

Not so with Counter Strike... if I stop playing that for periods of time, i struggle upon returning to the game. Probably because CS players are intense and I play on PC rather than Xbox for that.
  • Jealyh
    111 posts Member
    I'm past video games in general but only played this because star wars. Although I've hardly touched it in about 2 months now because no new content or news, literally can't play due to ping issue and just everything about this game being downright pathetic. Definitely never returning to this trash full time as I've done since launch, all hope and excitement is completely gone. Guess I should thank ea and dice for making me find more productive things to do.
  • I haven't played a lot since first Double XP weekend when "Hero Starfighter" gamemode was introduced. PreOrdered and playing since launch. Platinum Trophy before Christmas 2017, max level for all 4trooper classes, both reinforcement classes, all 3 ship classes, and Tank/AT-ST a few weeks after new progression system. I play randomly every now and then when friends are on for social reason.

I'd say I haven't been emotionally invested in this game since that Double XP weekend I mentioned above whenever that was. Been living on TitanFall 2, Battlefield: 1 & 4, and Horizon Zero Dawn. Older games but still a ton of fun. SWBF2 has just grown so stale. If there wasnt the Star Wars brand on this game it probably would have died for me in 2017.

Seriously EA/DICE make a great game first and then put the Star Wars Brand on it. Thought you may have learned your lesson after SWBF1... nope guess not.
  • I’ve been on hiatus for about 54 minutes. I took a break cause I needed to walk the dog.
  • WodiQuix
    4498 posts Member
    I've been on hiatus for about two weeks. My cousins from Utah are in and I'm doing things with them. Also, even if I do have time, I play other games. Battlefront II is fun, but can get frustrating very quickly. Honestly, despite its flaws, Battlefront 2015 was the better game, in my opinion.
  • Not on Haitius yet but soon will be right now I’m at 97 mile stone completion and still have half my hero ships left to max, once I’m done I will go on Haitius.
  • WodiQuix
    4498 posts Member
    Also, lack of anything new and exciting is making the experience rather dull.
  • Alex64
    5845 posts Member
    -Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    -Red Dead Redemption
    -New Spiderman
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    I've gotten pretty good at switching it up, in an attempt to keep it fresh. Some nights after work I've been playing far cry 5, some nights GTA online, some nights mad max. Keeping battlefront on rotation for the weekends. Also Steve, you on ps4? mafia 3 is free right now,severely underrated game IMO. It will also familiarize you with New Bordeaux, also appearing in red dead 2. Which I'm desperately awaiting myself ;)

I tried to play Mafia 3... I completed the first few missions and had to uninstall. It was terrible :P Very few games make me want to uninstall as quickly. It even beat Metal Gear Solid V in that respect :P I wasted a long time downloading it haha

Anyhow

I played a little today, but before that it was maybe a week ago. Today, I found myself feeling... meh. I was playing, and as I was playing I was wondering "Why am I playing this?" because I wasnt actually having fun at all. There was a thread I read about the hero combat being good, so I decided to try it out... but I couldnt really do that, because a Rey player was running on Endor. So I quit (I dont usually quit, but again... I was feeling meh, and I didnt have the patience to spend a game chasing after someone). I thought to myself, "Heroes vs Villains would actually be a fun mode... If the heroes were balanced and the players werent jerks".
    So I decided to play GA instead. My team won a few games, we lost one. At the beginning of a game on Naboo, I thought "GA is actually fun when there are no heroes or enforcers."
    If you actually think about it, having players in a game who have higher health and deal more damage than others is inherently bad for game balance. But, anyway. It might be a while before I play again. I AM getting restless with gaming atm. I want to play something new and different and exciting but I cant really afford to buy a new game. I preordered Assassins Creed Odyssey a while back and Im looking forward to that in October but for now Im lacking in things to play. Not sure why I feel this way :/
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • moltentown
    198 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm going to start today. The game has just been too frustrating and it's losing its fun factor for me. Had a match a while ago as Luke and had Palpatine stun me 3 times in a row and had Luke bug out whenever Maul pushed me, then as Bobba I was facing a team of 3 blasters and a Rey that hated me with an MIA team, and then had Chewie knock me out of the sky repeatedly with his regular bow (I was Bobba) and was unable to regain any footing as I was spam attacked by Luke and Han. Not to mention shooting while frozen or stun is grinding my gears lately.

I'm gonna finally get around playing Captain Spirit, MGS 5 and Borderlands with a friend. I might pop in sometimes to play Battlefront but everytime I'm playing for less and less time in a row because of the trash balancing and bugs.
  • Vrabstin
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm on hiatus because I don't agree with the amount of content from the prequel trilogy. No blame, no pointing fingers. I spent my childhood playing as the clones and the CIS/trade federation, and that's what I played Battlefront 2 for. Once that content got a tad stale, the game overall wasn't enough of a product to convince me to keep playing, this was about four months ago. Once the clones wars dlc comes out I'll be playing again, because that's what I love.
  • Coming up on 2 months. I stopped playing when it became clear that the networking issues either weren't a priority for this team or they were incapable of fixing them. I don't intend to come back. I have way too many games to play as it is and although I experience bugs with some of them, none are as far reaching as the frequent unrepaired bugs in this game. Now I mostly pop in to bash the rose-colored crowd and get myself banned by annoying one of the moderators.
  • Also this thread will be closed shortly. I've seen some pretty mild threads that have been closed. Contrary to what they say about accepting all view points, threads like this are considered 'unproductive'. I await my ban good sir.
  • I'm all about those sexy L3 circuits and the fresh coat of paint. The rest of the game is great in an altered state, after dark, when the gf is out of town...

giphy.gif
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Been a long hiatus for me. Nothing new and too many bugs/glitches that are left unattended to. Technically I payed last night, but after 1 game of HvV I was ready to log off and play some Fortnite with some friends.
  • As of this moment probably about 28 hours.
  • I try playing a few times a week but it's never fun and hasn't been since probably May for me. Did have fun for about a week during the 2nd part of Solo season. No idea why I play now I have 400k credits saved up for the Clone Wars season need to force myself not to till then.
  • Piscettios
    5608 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Got the game at launch, daily player. Sometimes it was just for a match or two, sometimes for hours. It’s been slowly dwindling down to nothing and I’ve hardly played at all in the last month. When I do, it’s to log in and get the daily crate, I try to play a match or two and cannot get into it. Game is rotten stale to me at this point.

I find it hard to believe they won’t find a way to screw up the new large mode so my hope is hanging by a thread. Happy to be wrong and have something else to play besides RDR2. But right now, four heroes and one map... MONTHS out still, doesn’t give me much hope.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Coming up a month now. I realised I wasn’t enjoying the game (it really needs new maps and content). All the bugs and players spamming exploits doesn’t help either.
    I bought a racing simulator so have been playing GT sport and will get F1 2018 next week. Looking forward to Spider Man and Tomb Raider next month. Will return for new hero’s on BF2 but for how long - not sure.
  • I've had an off and on hiatus since the last patch.

Just too many persistent bugs and imbalances in this game. Having the multiplier taken out really made the experience boring. I've since played WAY more PUBG because their latest patch and balancing made that game more enjoyable.

I'll probably pick up BFII and see what the new patch is like, but with RDR 2 coming out in October and the other new games I've purchased, I don't know how much longer I'll be invested into this game.

I hope the Dev team takes a look at this thread though because truthfully the number of bugs, gaming imbalances and lack of new content in the games first 9 months of life really drained the interest.

I get that the progression system really bit into their resources, but there are so many little things they could have done in between to keep people happy and the game feeling fresh, i.e. more trooper customization, allowing us to buy emotes and poses, adding more poses and emotes. Even the Solo season was a huge letdown because while it added a new mode, a few skins and another Falcon. Sabotage was really in extension of strike, rather than the BF15 version and was limited to two maps. No one really wanted another falcon. The skins we got were all for just two characters.

• The longest break I ever took was about a month right after the progression update. No reason in particular, other than I was bored. But now that I have finished all the other games I had just waiting around, I have more time to play this game.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Batman20
    1593 posts Member
    I use to play it all the time until July when I just got so bored of the game. The lack of content and playing the same maps over and over again just got to much. I now barely play I still go on it occasionally but nowhere near the levels I use to. I will come back for clone wars but apart from new content I'm playing other stuff now
  • I played more frequently 3 weeks ago but did go back to BF2015. Even before that I didnt play much because only mode I like is GA, and hvv (favourite) is so much better on BF2015. Quite quickly got turned away from this to begin with, considering it aint even one year old game. Got bored etc. When Spiderman and Red Dead Revolver 2 get release I will spend my time on those two. Probably gonna try again when Grievous and Obi-Wan get to this game but I dont have credits for those and aint gonna grind just to get to play them. Been wondering why I even wrote this if I dont play anymore this game. Maybe because I wanted this game to be something it aint now and dont think ever. Enjoyable game.
  • 3 months with zero desire to come back as of now.
  • About a month since I got Destiny 2
  • Jaku
    205 posts Member
    Ever since the July update ruined the game.
  • I have played maybe 5 games in over a month. Bought other games. Tons of unlockables, customization, new game play, lots of content added etc. I just got really burned out.
  • I haven't played online in a few weeks. The game feels clunky and repetitive on console.
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    it's interesting to hear everyone's stories about why they've taken time off of bf2. the trend seems to be a lot of people just got bored of it after no major changes to the staple modes like GA and strike. no new maps it just makes the repetition even more pronounced. so I'm out of town this weekend, when I get home Sunday afternoon I should have some time to play vids. options are massive because I just have a big backlog of games I've never finished (got dlc for example I've been meaning to play) or that I really enjoy and are still in my rotation. games like Detroit Become Human, Dark Souls Remastered, Bloodborne, Shadow of War, horizon zero dawn - frozen wilds, mafia 3 (ps plus drop), Madden 19, Far cry 5, God of war (doing a hard run), wolfenstein 2, Doom, Destiny 2, Battlefield 1, dishonored 2 dlc, just cause 3 (never finished the last few missions), hitman.
    so my point is why should I keep grinding bf2 right now when there are a lot of other options that work? the only reason is to save credits for season 3 content, but if you already have massload, that isn't really viable either. the only reason to play is if you enjoy the game. many do but are burned out now because there has been no excitement with the game for almost 2 months. the game needs new real content badly. I hope some of the trooper customizations will be good, but if it's in vein of their last drops I doubt it will be significant.
  • KrolJulian1916
    1143 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    Honestly, despite its flaws, Battlefront 2015 was the better game, in my opinion.

In general it was. Mechanics are better here but due to game design/bugs BF2 is just worse
  • Royal_Redness
    242 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I really love this game but I’ve played significantly less over the last week. I have sympathy for the Devs for things like broken Palps, some imbalances between heroes, overpowered wookies, etc because I understand that this game isn’t as simple as like Call of Duty or Battlefield where everyone has the same base character only distinguished by gear, weapons, etc. Star Wars games are more complex because we all want a Vader who can bust out Rogue One moves but also isn’t Thor. We all want a Boba Fett who jets around saber wielders pummeling then with rocket barrages but we also don’t want him to be able to run and hide every time he’s the target. We don’t want Chewy to be overlooked because he can’t speak English or use the force, but we also don’t want him to be able to 3 shot any villain in the game at full health. Balance in a game like this is difficult- way more so than in any other type of game.

The things that are starting to drive me away from this game and towards others are the things that are not so complex. Why is there still no auto-balancing (for total players on each side and level of skill/experience on each side)? Why do we have people who have been AFK farming since the games launch 10 months ago who haven’t experienced any negative repercussions for doing so? Why does there seem to be no anti-hacking efforts being made by the developers? Why is a 10-15 minute wait before a match starts once entering a lobby normal? These are the things I have a hard time having sympathy towards.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    it's interesting to hear everyone's stories about why they've taken time off of bf2. the trend seems to be a lot of people just got bored of it after no major changes to the staple modes like GA and strike. no new maps it just makes the repetition even more pronounced. so I'm out of town this weekend, when I get home Sunday afternoon I should have some time to play vids. options are massive because I just have a big backlog of games I've never finished (got dlc for example I've been meaning to play) or that I really enjoy and are still in my rotation. games like Detroit Become Human, Dark Souls Remastered, Bloodborne, Shadow of War, horizon zero dawn - frozen wilds, mafia 3 (ps plus drop), Madden 19, Far cry 5, God of war (doing a hard run), wolfenstein 2, Doom, Destiny 2, Battlefield 1, dishonored 2 dlc, just cause 3 (never finished the last few missions), hitman.
    so my point is why should I keep grinding bf2 right now when there are a lot of other options that work? the only reason is to save credits for season 3 content, but if you already have massload, that isn't really viable either. the only reason to play is if you enjoy the game. many do but are burned out now because there has been no excitement with the game for almost 2 months. the game needs new real content badly. I hope some of the trooper customizations will be good, but if it's in vein of their last drops I doubt it will be significant.

Pretty much boils down to boredom, no new content, to many bugs and glitches. I'm a mix of these...
  • No hiatus here, maybe playing a tad less. But keeping my skills sharp & my credits coming in for season 3